Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1527524 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #15824: Jan 17, 2018 11:10:27 pm
      You are an idiot.

Are we not challenging top sides by sitting in 3rd  on the cusp of second place and second round of the CL?

To be fair to him, I said we wouldn't win anything with Mignolet in goal and I've been proven right so far.

You can get close but you can't reach the peaks with an average player in one of the most pivotal positions in the side IMO.
      Kopite78
      Reply #15825: Jan 17, 2018 11:23:41 pm
      To be fair to him, I said we wouldn't win anything with Mignolet in goal and I've been proven right so far.

You can get close but you can't reach the peaks with an average player in one of the most pivotal positions in the side IMO.

So... to be fair to him

You'd sack Klopp in the summer too if he didnt get a new keeper??
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #15826: Jan 17, 2018 11:56:30 pm

It's the lack of effort to solve it that grinds my gears. Watching Chelsea Norwich and Norwich keeper saved at least 5 shots. There's good keepers out there.

To be fair, he brought Karius in as one of his first signings, right? This last off-season was the time to switch it up possibly, but he may have been hoping Karius would be better after one full season. I think now he is genuinely looking at all options through this second half of the season and a new keeper will be on his way. Not in the winter I don't think, but certainly the Summer.

I agree that a new keeper is needed. What I do not agree on is that Klopp's future hinges on it. I think he has been trying everything he can with the two main keepers he has to try and light a fire under their arses, clearly hasn't worked. Would like to see Ward given more of a go, but that would be a clear signal to the other two that he doesn't trust either and probably kill all hope. Rock and a hard place, this keeper situation. Full trust that it'll get sorted though, I'm really not all that worried.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #15827: Jan 18, 2018 02:48:08 am
      we didn't face better teams in CL yet, no chance of winning league this season. I qouted Carra, if you think I'm an idiot for this opinion we need better goalie to challenge for silverware, you're calling Carra an idiot too. Disgrace. Legend hater Dadorius.

Not going to waste time with you.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #15828: Jan 18, 2018 03:00:22 am
      Quote from Ribapuru
      Dodorius was calling me out on saying we can't win anything with Mignolet, additionally I said we should not sack Klopp yet, I'd give him until summer to solve the goalkeeping problem. For your information, Carra has called Klopp out for answers on why he kept picking Mignolet.

Before you dig that hole bigger and bigger, take this into consideration.

Klopp tried to replace Mignolet with;

Bogdan: Didn't work
      Karius: Didn't work
      Ward: Didn't work

That's 3 alternatives already.

I think we should have seriously considered Randolph last summer when he was available from West Ham. He kept them up last year and pulled off one of the stops of the season from Hendo at Anfield. But we didn't, he's now somewhere else and the man that let him go, has since been sacked.

Klopp knows we need a new keeper, but he doesn't want to throw money away on the next Karius, which is understandable. Germans are not known for throwing money around unless absolutely necessary.

One other thing. We are 3rd in the league, unbeaten in 18 games, unbeaten at home, in the European Cup knockout rounds, and the next round of the Cup. So his job is safe. Even with Migs at the club.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15829: Jan 18, 2018 09:59:44 am
      I don’t.

I worry for the human / pet that has to stay with him. ;)

Even though I mostly disagree with Riba's posts that is way below the belt Scotia and I think you should apologise.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15830: Jan 18, 2018 10:06:55 am

I think we should have seriously considered Randolph last summer when he was available from West Ham. He kept them up last year and pulled off one of the stops of the season from Hendo at Anfield. But we didn't, he's now somewhere else and the man that let him go, has since been sacked.

Klopp knows we need a new keeper, but he doesn't want to throw money away on the next Karius, which is understandable. Germans are not known for throwing money around unless absolutely necessary.

One other thing. We are 3rd in the league, unbeaten in 18 games, unbeaten at home, in the European Cup knockout rounds, and the next round of the Cup. So his job is safe. Even with Migs at the club.

If Klopp genuinely thought Bogdan was the answer then that is grounds for instant dismissal or at least we need to ask if he had the same question as we did.
      Klopp has been far to slow in addressing the GK problem, there is no debate over that and I do sort of agree with Riba that if we start next season with Migs and/or Karius (unless Karius magically improves like De Gea did over the next 15 games) then some very very serious questions need to be asked of Herr Klopp.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #15831: Jan 18, 2018 01:26:51 pm
      Wait...this discussion about Klopp's job security is all a windup, right?  There is no actual thought of him being remotely in any  kind of jeopardy, is there???

Of course not. Pretty funny satire actually. Well done.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,741 posts | 569 
      Reply #15832: Jan 18, 2018 01:46:56 pm
      in the last 14 years in the Prem, only in 08/09 did we have more points at this stage than we have now

https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/lfc-season-comparison.html

he aint doing a bad job.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #15833: Jan 18, 2018 01:56:48 pm
      Wait...this discussion about Klopp's job security is all a windup, right?  There is no actual thought of him being remotely in any  kind of jeopardy, is there???

Of course not. Pretty funny satire actually. Well done.

Honestly, the best thing for this place would be if people would use the ignore feature. If you don’t feed the trolls, they starve and die off ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15834: Jan 18, 2018 02:21:02 pm
      I'm sorry but when did Klopp ever think Bogdan 'was the answer'? What a load of F***ing nonsense.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #15835: Jan 18, 2018 02:29:00 pm
      I'm sorry but when did Klopp ever think Bogdan 'was the answer'? What a load of f**king nonsense.

Kinda prompts one of those....”if Bogdan is the answer, what is the question?” riddles that one...........
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #15836: Jan 18, 2018 02:32:45 pm
      ”if Bogdan is the answer, what is the question?”

What is "a keeper that I thought we sold a long time ago and only recently realized is still on the team"?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #15837: Jan 18, 2018 02:34:25 pm
      What is "a keeper that I thought we sold a long time ago and only recently realized is still on the team"?

I was thinking of “define over-promotion?”
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #15838: Jan 18, 2018 03:00:26 pm

Don't feed the troll.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15839: Jan 18, 2018 03:52:34 pm
      I had to check out the actual meaning of troll, after seeing cave dweller,  i saw it means a person who deliberately makes offensive remarks in the attempt to upset. How is my opinion that Klopp should not start next season without a new goalkeeper , or else we should get a new manager who will get a new keeper, that offensive to anybody? If my opinion is really that upsetting people need to man the **** up. Seriously! It's borderline pethetic. I'm fedup of Mignolet and reached end of tether about this along time ago, then seeing Karius do no better, then reading we have no plans to get a new keeper this window has angered me to the point in saying that there needs to be a limit on how long we will put up with it. You guys might be happy finishing 4th and getting to semi finals, but I want Liverpool to win silverware and I'm not 100% confident Klopp realizes how important this is. You guys might want to brush it under the carpet because he's better than Hodgeson and Rodgers and signed some great players, but signing a new keeper this window could have made the difference to even winning the champions league, yet we are denied a chance because Klopp doesn't think signing a new keeper is a priority yet.

If people can't hack an opinion, write your own thoughts in a journal and read it back to yourself, little risk of disagreement, football forums should allow all different kind of opinions not just hail klopp, i agree, the best, wohooo.... whilst ignoring blatant problems that plagued us for years.

It's suppression of such opinions that's responsible for silent minority because they're in fear of backlash.
      « Last Edit: Jan 18, 2018 03:59:38 pm by Ribapuru »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #15840: Jan 18, 2018 03:55:41 pm
      I had to check out the actual meaning of troll, after seeing cave dweller,  i saw it means a person who deliberately makes offensive remarks in the attempt to upset. How is my opinion that Klopp should not start next season without a new goalkeeper , or else we should get a new manager who will get a new keeper, that offensive to anybody? If my opinion is really that upsetting people need to man the **** up. Seriously! It's borderline pethetic. I'm fedup of Mignolet and reached end of tether about this along time ago, then seeing Karius do no better, then reading we have no plans to get a new keeper this window has angered me to the point in saying that there needs to be a limit on how long we will put up with it. You guys might be happy finishing 4th and getting to semi finals, but I want Liverpool to win silverware and I'm not 100% confident Klopp realizes how important this is. You guys might want to brush it under the carpet because he's better than Hodgeson and Rodgers and signed some great players, but signing a new keeper this window could have made the difference to even winning the champions league, yet we are denied a chance because Klopp doesn't think signing a new keeper is a priority yet.

I'll bite...let's say for arguments sake Klopp does not buy a new keeper & continues with Mignolet next season, you would sack him right?.

Now, a new manager has been appointed and decides not to buy a new keeper & preserve with Mignolet, will you be calling for the head of the new manager?.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #15841: Jan 18, 2018 04:02:21 pm
      I'll bite...let's say for arguments sake Klopp does not buy a new keeper & continues with Mignolet next season, you would sack him right?.

Now, a new manager has been appointed and decides not to buy a new keeper & preserve with Mignolet, will you be calling for the head of the new manager?.

F**k me.

Must be like “Traitors Gate” down Ribs way......
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15842: Jan 18, 2018 04:08:04 pm

My first question to the manager in the interview would be, how would you handle the goalkeeping situation at Liverpool. What would your opinion be of Klopp if we went into another season without a new keeper? It's all hypothetical anyway, Klopp will probably get a new keeper in the summer, but if he doesn't how well is it going to go down with fans?
      Kopite78
      Reply #15843: Jan 18, 2018 04:16:48 pm
      My first question to the manager in the interview would be, how would you handle the goalkeeping situation at Liverpool. What would your opinion be of Klopp if we went into another season without a new keeper? It's all hypothetical anyway, Klopp will probably get a new keeper in the summer, but if he doesn't how well is it going to go down with fans?

Ok in this hypothetical world you live in

What if the manager says

Well I haven't worked with the squad yet so as of right now I have made no decisions on the goalkeeper

Sack Klopp  :lmao:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #15844: Jan 18, 2018 04:24:45 pm
      Ok in this hypothetical world you live in

What if the manager says

Well I haven't worked with the squad yet so as of right now I have made no decisions on the goalkeeper

Sack Klopp  :lmao:

He's F***ing nuts that lad ;D
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #15845: Jan 18, 2018 08:09:59 pm
      Quote from Ribapuru
      I'm fedup of Mignolet and reached end of tether about this along time ago, then seeing Karius do no better, then reading we have no plans to get a new keeper this window has angered me to the point in saying that there needs to be a limit on how long we will put up with it. You guys might be happy finishing 4th and getting to semi finals, but I want Liverpool to win silverware and I'm not 100% confident Klopp realizes how important this is.

It's suppression of such opinions that's responsible for silent minority because they're in fear of backlash.

Your opinions haven't been suppressed. You're not alone in wanting rid of Migs. Sadly you don't see the bigger picture, which is the last paragraph of my last post.

There were only 150 posts after the win at the weekend, the biggest win of the season so far. If that header went in in injury time, there would have been 150 posts per day, and you really would have had something to complain about, along with Pippen, Ireland, and the rest of them. Instead it didn't go in and they had to find something else to moan about.

Last season we finished 15 points (approx) behind the leaders and half that behind the runners up, today we're ahead of both of them with 15 games to go, even though they both have better goalkeepers. If you open your eyes, you can see the progress we're making. If you can't, you'll be left behind.

Your choice.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #15846: Jan 18, 2018 10:05:17 pm
      Wow, only team to beat champions elect, 18 games unbeaten, knockout rounds of CL and still in another cup...

We don't judge our manager on that. If he doesn't buy a new keeper he's sacked!

I don't understand the logic. Yes the keepers could be better, to suggest the managers job hinges solely on that and not team performance is ridiculous

Doubters to believers he said... re-read the first paragraph

Quick Reply