Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1518554 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #15870: Jan 19, 2018 06:54:01 pm
      Rib bit of advice when you're digging yourself into a hole, stop F***ing digging!!

With Hope In My Heart
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,263 posts | 182 
      Reply #15871: Jan 19, 2018 11:34:22 pm
      Klopps very good at signing the right players usually, but it's nothing short of baffling why he handed an underperforming goalkeeper a 5 year contract, tried to deflect blame off Mignolet numerous times and rotated him with somebody who's not impressive.

Mmm - longer contract ups the purchase price. Mignolet isn't good enough for Liverpool. doesn't mean he isn't good enough for another team, possibly in another league/country.

- Deflect blame? Really good sense to publicly undermine one of your players. Do the world of good for the relationship & any chance of improvement.

- Rotate. I think it has benefitted both players. Migs has generally been better, Karius has had the chance to build up his self esteem without the 'your dropped' negative charge.

Presently Karius, Mignolet and Ward are the only options. Klopp has to manage them - and not the baying crowds- to the best of his ability & until better keepers become available. To that end I think he's doing a good job.

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #15872: Jan 20, 2018 03:54:39 pm
      And it counts even more for opinion then, as not all opinion should carry the same weight.
      Maybe not, but who is to say that one persons opinion should carry more than another persons...? Just because you or I disagree with something someone else says it only carries more weight in our mind... As I said earlier, I can not tell another supporter how to support Liverpool FC. They deserve to support the team in anyway they see fit
      « Last Edit: Jan 20, 2018 06:22:21 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #15873: Jan 20, 2018 09:07:08 pm
      Klopp's commentary on this was interesting, mentoning Butland as a example. He said he agrees he is a fantastic keeper, but that if he came here, the first time he would make a mistake, then the cry to get someone new in would begin.

There's pressure enough on any professional player, let alone one who plays for Liverpool. But keepers seem to have an extra-difficult setting when it comes to expectations. Sometimes I think we are not supposed to ever concede a goal (same with defenders where we should never concede even a shot on goal).

We'll see how Karius does with this second chance at an extended run of games. Of course in the end, Klopp will decide if he's good enough (and those recent comments seem to hint that he has yet to be convinced) - but he will do it in his time, and after he's been able to see enough games with him playing.

Personally I hope Loris flourishes with this opportunity and helps us to win trophies this year and beyond.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #15874: Jan 20, 2018 10:16:21 pm
      In relation to Klopp and Karius... He certainly seems to pay a lot of attention to the mindset of players who he drops. Look at Moreno who spent a year behind Milner, but knucked down and kept quiet. Same for Karius really.

Says a lot about his management skills that these people show him respect and want to earn his favour again.

Hard to remember another player who had a Lazarus career at Liverpool before Klopp was here. Anyone?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #15875: Jan 20, 2018 11:22:15 pm
      Maybe not, but who is to say that one persons opinion should carry more than another persons...? Just because you or I disagree with something someone else says it only carries more weight in our mind... As I said earlier, I can not tell another supporter how to support Liverpool FC. They deserve to support the team in anyway they see fit

Then, by that logic, any one can respond to that 'support' any way they seem fit.

As for what gives weight to opinion, well it's simple. Posting history is one. On another forum, I give short shrift to moon landing deniers, antivaxxers and flat earthers. Other sorts as well, holocaust deniers and those idiots that try to paint the Nazi party as left wing, when they were right wing with a few social democratic policies.
      « Last Edit: Jan 20, 2018 11:27:10 pm by Roddenberry »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #15876: Jan 20, 2018 11:36:28 pm

Of course certain opinions carry more weight than others, the entire structure of the human race is largely based on that very fact.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #15877: Jan 20, 2018 11:51:04 pm

;D you just need to see some of the utter sh*te posted on Twitter to realise that all opinions do not carry the same weight irrelevant the fact that they claim to be Reds.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #15878: Jan 21, 2018 12:40:05 am
      Then, by that logic, any one can respond to that 'support' any way they seem fit.
      Yes as long as they support a club , if they choose to slag of the players or manager for reasons they see fit, it is up to them

As for what gives weight to opinion, well it's simple. Posting history is one. On another forum, I give short shrift to moon landing deniers, antivaxxers and flat earthers. Other sorts as well, holocaust deniers and those idiots that try to paint the Nazi party as left wing, when they were right wing with a few social democratic policies.
      As do I, But we are talking Football and why should my opinions about the Club,Players Managers Owners carrier more weight than yours or visa versa.... You can tell another supporter how he or she should support the Club,Players or Manager...
      At the end of the day you and you alone can only support LFC the way you believe that you should
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #15879: Jan 21, 2018 01:00:23 am
      ;D you just need to see some of the utter sh*te posted on Twitter to realise that all opinions do not carry the same weight irrelevant the fact that they claim to be Reds.
      Understand where you Roddenberry and Mags are coming from But the people who post the things you disagree with believe they do... I have no idea how old You or Roddenberry are, believe Nags said he had been supporting Liverpool for some 30 odd years (Still does not give me an age as he could have gotten in to football in his teens, or twenties but you know what I am getting at)... Got in to an heat discussion with another contributor who said that I should listen to someone (him) who had supported the club for some fifty years... replied that I had also supported LFC for over fifty years... He thought that it gave him the right or should i say he thought that the time he had supported Liverpool FC gave his opinion more weight than mine because in his eyes he had supported the club longer....

Now as I said earlier I believe Mags as supported the club 30 odd years...? But I would never dream of telling him how to support LFC or for one second believe the my opinions carry more weight than his or more validity....   

Anyway lets move on 
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #15880: Jan 21, 2018 01:01:34 am
      Yes as long as they support a club , if they choose to slag of the players or manager for reasons they see fit, it is up to them
      As do I, But we are talking Football and why should my opinions about the Club,Players Managers Owners carrier more weight than yours or visa versa.... You can tell another supporter how he or she should support the Club,Players or Manager...
      At the end of the day you and you alone can only support LFC the way you believe that you should

Do you know, your views carry more weight than some and less than others on here?

Same goes for pros and pundits, for example of the two 606, ex-player hosts Robbie Savage is someone who I believe is mostly honest in his opinion, but his opinions don't hold much weight, whereas Ian Wright, who, at times, strikes me as a little disingenuous, when pushed, often has opinions that hold more weight than Robbie. Having said that, I miss Alan Green on 606, rarely put up with nonsense, from pro and fan alike.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #15881: Jan 21, 2018 03:24:58 pm
      Do you know, your views carry more weight than some and less than others on here?

Same goes for pros and pundits, for example of the two 606, ex-player hosts Robbie Savage is someone who I believe is mostly honest in his opinion, but his opinions don't hold much weight, whereas Ian Wright, who, at times, strikes me as a little disingenuous, when pushed, often has opinions that hold more weight than Robbie. Having said that, I miss Alan Green on 606, rarely put up with nonsense, from pro and fan alike.
      Never listened to 606, but will give it a try... Thanks mate
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15882: Jan 21, 2018 06:45:38 pm
      With Keita coming in the close season if not before. Bring in Mahrez, plus possible another keeper Klopp must then set his stall out to WIN the premiership next season.

He is very close to a title winning squad now but to win it he has to get that little bit of extra quality. Lost Coutinho but he knew that was coming. So his priority in this window and the close season should be to tune the squad to be able to make a serious challenge next season. If he really wants it, he has to prioritise the League to the detriment of the Cups even the C/L.

I'm sure FSG aren't that bothered as long as we finish top 4 and bring in cash thru the cups. So it's down to Klopp to fight his corner to get thru to them that it's not negotiable, it's got to be flat out to win the Title.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #15883: Jan 21, 2018 06:46:52 pm
      In relation to Klopp and Karius... He certainly seems to pay a lot of attention to the mindset of players who he drops. Look at Moreno who spent a year behind Milner, but knucked down and kept quiet. Same for Karius really.

Says a lot about his management skills that these people show him respect and want to earn his favour again.

Hard to remember another player who had a Lazarus career at Liverpool before Klopp was here. Anyone?

Only one I can really think of is Mark Wright, who spent nearly a year in the shadows after a disgraceful performance & sh*te attitude in a 4-1 friendly defeat to Bolton mid - 90s ish!!

Think he was brought back after Scales left for Spurs or just before.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #15884: Jan 21, 2018 07:33:05 pm
      For everyone wanting us to buy Mahrez. What would be your ideal starting XI next season (assuming nobody else comes in or leaves)?
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15885: Jan 21, 2018 07:59:48 pm
      For everyone wanting us to buy Mahrez. What would be your ideal starting XI next season (assuming nobody else comes in or leaves)?

But surely it's not about a one off best 11, it's having a squad strong enough to withstand injuries and everything else it take to win the league. Having Mahrez here would go a long way, IMO to give us a serious chance at winning the league.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #15886: Jan 21, 2018 08:40:29 pm
      We have taken 28 points from 36, and 34 from 42 since the Halloween horror movie at Spurs.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, but we play twice before those above us play again. 2 wins in the next 2 games by a 7 goal margin combined, would put us 2nd, at least for 24 hours. A 4 goal margin would put us back in the top three, before Spurs face the mancs in their next games.

2nd is very doable this year. There may be no prizes for it, like there wasn't in 1991 or 2014, but finishing 2nd this year is going to be very impressive, considering how the season has unfolded.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #15887: Jan 22, 2018 03:00:52 am
      But surely it's not about a one off best 11, it's having a squad strong enough to withstand injuries and everything else it take to win the league. Having Mahrez here would go a long way, IMO to give us a serious chance at winning the league.

Certainly in favor of squad depth, but I keep hearing about it as in replacing Coutinho, which makes me think he's in the starting XI. That makes me wonder who misses out. I don't know that you sign some for 50 million to be a squad player.

That's why I expect Klopp to make a couple of free signings in the summer, as well to give expanded squad roles to a couple of younger players.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #15888: Jan 22, 2018 03:02:09 am
      We have taken 28 points from 36, and 34 from 42 since the Halloween horror movie at Spurs.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, but we play twice before those above us play again. 2 wins in the next 2 games by a 7 goal margin combined, would put us 2nd, at least for 24 hours. A 4 goal margin would put us back in the top three, before Spurs face the mancs in their next games.

2nd is very doable this year. There may be no prizes for it, like there wasn't in 1991 or 2014, but finishing 2nd this year is going to be very impressive, considering how the season has unfolded.

Very realistic and also lays down a marker for next season. Wouldn't mind winning a couple of Cups this season, mind.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15889: Jan 23, 2018 12:57:24 am
      Bit of a waffling confused post match interview. Think he said we lost it in the first half. Did say we didn't stretch them. But he must have noticed Salah wasn't stretching anything as he played inside the whole game...and it was his most ineffective game.

So looking at this squad, most people in the game or out of it would say Salah has been our most outstanding player this season. So what went wrong tonight.

Just did not hold his position. Did Klopp see that Salah was having very little effect and if he did why did he not get Salah out of traffic and into space. Bit of a worry.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #15890: Jan 23, 2018 09:56:34 am
      I'm firmly behind Klopp BUT nobody will ever convince me that we don't need a proper striker
      Ok in some games we destroy teams with our attacking midfielders/wingers however you want to describe them but in some games you only get a few chances and need to be clinical. We need a Torres, a Costa, a Aubemayeng IMO, I think it's unfair on Firmino to expect him to play upfront all the time, could he not play just behind a front three.
      Not happy with the goalkeeping situation either.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #15891: Jan 23, 2018 10:20:44 am
      I don't think the 4-3-3 works in a game like Swansea.
      In the 4-3-3 the outside forwards are too narrow and that played into Swansea's hands.

I think Klopp should have played a 4-2-3-1 and got Mane and Salah/Ox wide.

Problem there is Sturridge would probably be ideal for in the centre and only Solanke is available.
      Klopp needs to address that.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #15892: Jan 23, 2018 10:44:47 am
      How many times have we said in games like this that he takes way too long to make substitutions.

Joe Gomez should have been whipped at half time for Trent who is way more effective in an attacking sense. He lasted the entire game and was absolutely sh*te! Get the finger out.

Either one of Can or Wijnaldum should also have been shown the showers at half time or at least a lot earlier in the second half. But he waits and he waits and he waits when its plain as day nothing is changing. Then the subs he does make don’t have long enough to get into it!

Quick Reply