Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528046 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16146: Jan 28, 2018 10:45:43 pm
      It's really off putting that some posters here, treat others with utter disdain, comments like "which banned member are you" or the above "Are you Ireland in disguise". I do hope mods twig on that this is becoming quite an issue and start warning the members who accuse other members of duplicity without any evidence.

You are unique rib, that's why we love you
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16147: Jan 28, 2018 10:49:05 pm
      http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

Not surprising we lost to WBA.

F***ing grim looking that table, season after season we sell off our top talent and replaced with mediocre players.
      Muttering have already started about Klopp and FSG will again get off Scot free with their criminal investement into the club when he is inevitably sacked.

The telling thing here is that the two clubs with the lowest spends sit bottom and 3rd bottom of the table....
      And FSG defenders please tell me just how the F**k, with the sale of Suarez,(£75m) Sterling (£39M) and Coutinho (£106m) we are being out spent by Brighton and Bournemouth.... And don't tell me that it is because they are seaside resorts and Liverpool are not  so they take in more money
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #16148: Jan 28, 2018 10:54:08 pm
      I think lads midfield area need fix l know we got keita in summer very good player but we need other two more midfield players one playmaker other one like keita because Adam always injury Henderson same he OK but injury too much
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #16149: Jan 28, 2018 10:55:36 pm
      For me two more midfield players plus keita other cback other forward because ings Daniel move on in summer maybe other winger like mane or salah
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16150: Jan 28, 2018 10:55:37 pm
      ***Below table shows the figures from last 5 season (2012-13 to 2016-17). All the numbers are converted to Euro (€) and transfers details are taken from official sources.  http://www.totalsportek.com/money/premier-league-clubs-transfers-net-spend-last-5-years/

http://infogram.com/gross-spend-2010-16-1gq3plj6jw6621g
      As Trump would say "False News" If this covers fives years then Burnley, Middlesbrough and Bournemouth should not be on the list
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #16151: Jan 28, 2018 11:35:06 pm
      Interesting comments from Jürgen in The Echo tonight.

Klopp added: “It's not allowed to concede goals like we conceded. That's it. But that has influence on the whole performance. In a lot of other moments, you saw that we are still in a good moment.

“We have to avoid these things, 100%, and the mistake was so obvious, that's not a problem, but now we have the feeling that something is wrong.

“That could cost confidence but we have to show it's not like this because we need confidence and we need to be serious, we need to be ready, we need to be greedy, full of desire for this game against Huddersfield because Huddersfield is in a difficult situation in the league.

“We have to show now our right reaction. In a few weeks we talk about other things, but for this minute results.”

Now, sometimes he reminds us that English is not his first language, but anyone have an idea what he means by "in a few weeks we talk about other things." ???
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #16152: Jan 29, 2018 12:44:10 am
      If I gave my son £10 and said he could spend it, I could say that he has money to spend....The question for me is "How Much money does Klopp have to spend"

That's ridiculous. How much can any supporter say their team has to spend? All we know is Klopp has repeatedly said, time and again, that he will be backed in the signing of any player within reason, citing clearly not Messi or Ronaldo. Contrary to popular belief, not even City's owners throw unlimited funds at their team. Let's look at this season's spending across both teams.

City brought in Mendy, Walker, Silva, Ederson, Danilo, Luiz, Kayode and Ilic for a combined total of £222.12 million.
      Liverpool brought in Van Dijk, Salah, Chamberlain and Robertson for a combined total of £167.80 million, but also did a deal for Keita believed to be in the region of £48 million taking our total spending to £215.80 million. Under £7 million less than City's total spending.

As he himself has said, if Klopp wanted to sign Messi or Ronaldo, he'd be laughed out of Melwood because we don't have that kind of financial strength, but we have enough to compete where and when required.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1975 
      Reply #16153: Jan 29, 2018 01:56:15 am
      That's ridiculous. How much can any supporter say their team has to spend? All we know is Klopp has repeatedly said, time and again, that he will be backed in the signing of any player within reason, citing clearly not Messi or Ronaldo. Contrary to popular belief, not even City's owners throw unlimited funds at their team. Let's look at this season's spending across both teams.

City brought in Mendy, Walker, Silva, Ederson, Danilo, Luiz, Kayode and Ilic for a combined total of £222.12 million.
      Liverpool brought in Van Dijk, Salah, Chamberlain and Robertson for a combined total of £167.80 million, but also did a deal for Keita believed to be in the region of £48 million taking our total spending to £215.80 million. Under £7 million less than City's total spending.

As he himself has said, if Klopp wanted to sign Messi or Ronaldo, he'd be laughed out of Melwood because we don't have that kind of financial strength, but we have enough to compete where and when required.

Aye.

But I wonder if we only signed two of those players, Keita and VVD, because it was nailed on that we would lose our little magician.

When have we ever spent big under FSG without selling an asset first? Our net spend under their ownership is there for all to see.

It's one step forward two back with them. Baffled how people can still defend them.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,202 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #16154: Jan 29, 2018 09:14:03 am
      Klopp is a fine manager no question. Has his weakness like every manager past present and future will have.

Whenever his time comes we will look back and say yes he was a top manager.

But his greatest mistake that nobody can cover over is how he has basterdised the captains armband at Liverpool. It means next to nothing. Handing out to the likes of Lovern Mignolet and Can. For christ sake.

One man should wear that in the abscence of the assigned captain and vice captain. Not handed around like a bib at a training session. And especially not to men who are nowhere near worthy
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,978 posts | 237 
      Reply #16155: Jan 29, 2018 09:35:43 am

But his greatest mistake that nobody can cover over is how he has basterdised the captains armband at Liverpool. It means next to nothing. Handing out to the likes of Lovern Mignolet and Can. For christ sake.

One man should wear that in the abscence of the assigned captain and vice captain. Not handed around like a bib at a training session. And especially not to men who are nowhere near worthy

After the Spartak game, Klopp explained the reason for making Coutinho the captain. Apparently, he Googled to find the player from that lineup who had spent the longest time at the club. This, I believe, is the logic of handing over the armband at Real Madrid as well - if you are good enough to spend as many years as you have, you are well worthy of the armband.

Recently, during one of his pressers he confirmed that he chose the lineup first and then selected the captain. If this is how the captain is chosen, it is important that the captain is the first name on the team sheet. Obviously, that is not the case and a bigger cause of concern (ignoring the fact that Hendo has been injured because there were a few games when he was not selected even though he was fit enough to play).
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16156: Jan 29, 2018 09:37:47 am
      Aye.

But I wonder if we only signed two of those players, Keita and VVD, because it was nailed on that we would lose our little magician.

When have we ever spent big under FSG without selling an asset first? Our net spend under their ownership is there for all to see.

It's one step forward two back with them. Baffled how people can still defend them.

I'm even more baffled how Spurs can outperform us, ok not currently but previous years, with an even smaller net spend and smaller wages, now that is the real mystery.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16157: Jan 29, 2018 09:41:44 am
      Klopp is a fine manager no question. Has his weakness like every manager past present and future will have.

Whenever his time comes we will look back and say yes he was a top manager.

top manager though, despite all that ;-)
      I love how people feel that they have start every critique of Klopp with a sentence saying what a top manager he is.

In my opinion Klopp is a very good man-manager/cheerleader, for players who he likes, and he knows how to set up an attacking team which on their day is as good as any other, but where he fails massively is in organising a defence, spotting players who need replacing and adapting tactics during a game.

Can Klopp become a great manager, yes I think he can, but he needs to realise that he isn't one yet and stop being so stubborn and dare I say it arrogant.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16158: Jan 29, 2018 09:44:04 am
      After the Spartak game, Klopp explained the reason for making Coutinho the captain. Apparently, he Googled to find the player from that lineup who had spent the longest time at the club. This, I believe, is the logic of handing over the armband at Real Madrid as well - if you are good enough to spend as many years as you have, you are well worthy of the armband.

Recently, during one of his pressers he confirmed that he chose the lineup first and then selected the captain. If this is how the captain is chosen, it is important that the captain is the first name on the team sheet. Obviously, that is not the case and a bigger cause of concern (ignoring the fact that Hendo has been injured because there were a few games when he was not selected even though he was fit enough to play).

;D so by Klopp's logic Doris the tea lady should be CEO of LFC then since she's been here since the 60's! If its true that that's how he picks his captain then its a bit scary.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #16159: Jan 29, 2018 10:10:38 am
      Captain is the least of our problems.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16160: Jan 29, 2018 10:11:07 am
      Argue all you want about Klopp's approach.

Like Rafa before him, we'll find that when top quality managers are at a club they also need investment in the squad.

City and United are at something like 200 - 300 Million on top of sales since Klopp arrived at Liverpool.
      While he's dealing with turning over a profit on player sales. No manger can compete under those circumstances.

Anyone that thinks Klopp doesn't know the squad weaknesses and doesn't know players that would improve us
      is simply choosing to ignore the bigger picture.
      Kopite78
      Reply #16161: Jan 29, 2018 10:14:27 am
      ;D so by Klopp's logic Doris the tea lady should be CEO of LFC then since she's been here since the 60's! If its true that that's how he picks his captain then its a bit scary.

It's not just Klopp, it's fairly common in a lot of European countries. Italy  famously generally give the captaincy to whoever has the most caps
      They believe it's just tossing a coin, that you need 11 captains to drive the team not just a lad with an armband

I'm not saying I believe that, but it's a common  thought process for lots of players and manager's from Europe
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #16162: Jan 29, 2018 10:29:14 am

So who should he have given the armband too in that lineup? Virgil who's been here for 2 minutes or 19 year old TAA?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #16163: Jan 29, 2018 10:32:26 am
      Argue all you want about Klopp's approach.

Like Rafa before him, we'll find that when top quality managers are at a club they also need investment in the squad.

City and United are at something like 200 - 300 Million on top of sales since Klopp arrived at Liverpool.
      While he's dealing with turning over a profit on player sales. No manger can compete under those circumstances.

Anyone that thinks Klopp doesn't know the squad weaknesses and doesn't know players that would improve us
      is simply choosing to ignore the bigger picture.

The players he sold are players that were not needed by Klopp bar Coutinho. Not because the club wanted to make a profit. That's normal for any new manager who looks to build a team revolving around his own players.

So far he's signed really good players at good value without overspending on a specific player. With Keita coming in I think he will try to go for Pulisic and Lemar this summer with a GK also on his list. I only hope that Klopp knows what he's doing not signing another midfielder this Jan. Time will tell I suppose but he's taking a big risk because Arsenal strengthened really well, so did Tottenham, Man Utd and Chelsea.

I don't like to get into the FSG argument anymore, If the Boss said the money is there and he is backed by the club's owners then I believe him. I don't think the owners are going to tell him No to targets he wants. If Klopp tonight finds a Coutinho replacement he likes and the asking price is 70m and Klopp will not hesitate to pay that much then the owners will give him the money. That's very different with when Rafa was manager as he said it publicly many times that his bosses were not backing him in the transfer market.

If anyone has any proof or evidence that Klopp is unhappy with his bosses then please show it or post your proof.

redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,978 posts | 237 
      Reply #16164: Jan 29, 2018 10:47:54 am

I don't think there is anything wrong with the logic especially when you don't have a Scouse heartbeat in the team,  and even if you have a scouse heart, this is a fairly sound logic to choose a captain. The problem is with the personnel. You can't teach leadership. In the past we either had a vocal leader who may not be an excellent player (like Carra) or had an excellent player who may not be as vocal (like Gerrard). They were able to pull the team through when it was down in the dumps during any game either by pulling others along with him or winning the game singlehandedly. Unfortunately, in the recent past, any player who shows a semblance of greatness has been sold to different clubs for various reasons leaving us with the also-rans, thereby creating a situation in which the best from the rest needs to be selected.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #16165: Jan 29, 2018 11:22:22 am
      A week between matches is not healthy for us, we have way too much time to think about games, we need to maintain a standard where we are playing 2 games a week, we tend to slack during breaks & loose our sharpness..

It would also help 'IF' we had more quality players to maintain 2/3 games a week to keep the standards high..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16166: Jan 29, 2018 11:40:04 am
      So who should he have given the armband too in that lineup? Virgil who's been here for 2 minutes or 19 year old TAA?

I would give it to a player who actually wants to be at the club, how's that for starters? Actually I probably would give it to VVD, he's the closest thing to a leader we have on the pitch, even after 2-3 games.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16167: Jan 29, 2018 11:43:11 am
      I don't think there is anything wrong with the logic especially when you don't have a Scouse heartbeat in the team,  and even if you have a scouse heart, this is a fairly sound logic to choose a captain. The problem is with the personnel. You can't teach leadership. In the past we either had a vocal leader who may not be an excellent player (like Carra) or had an excellent player who may not be as vocal (like Gerrard). They were able to pull the team through when it was down in the dumps during any game either by pulling others along with him or winning the game singlehandedly. Unfortunately, in the recent past, any player who shows a semblance of greatness has been sold to different clubs for various reasons leaving us with the also-rans, thereby creating a situation in which the best from the rest needs to be selected.

Sorry but the logic is utter nonsense, you can't just give it to someone based on seniority, the captains armband should go to the person best suited to act as captain regardless of how many matches they have played for the club. I certainly would never give it to a player who is actively trying to engineer a move away from the club, that just makes a mockery of the armband and the club.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #16168: Jan 29, 2018 11:50:51 am
      Sorry but the logic is utter nonsense, you can't just give it to someone based on seniority, the captains armband should go to the person best suited to act as captain regardless of how many matches they have played for the club. I certainly would never give it to a player who is actively trying to engineer a move away from the club, that just makes a mockery of the armband and the club.

Hold on, what thread did you say senior people are much wiser than the young? ;D

Quick Reply