Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1525920 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16307: Feb 01, 2018 05:14:13 pm
      He isn't the only one saying this, many other reporters are saying the same exact thing.

It's all part of the conspiracy.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #16308: Feb 01, 2018 05:17:51 pm
      don't embarrass yourself. Nobody wanted Butland or Sanchez.. probably Auba either given his age.

Up until you found out Aubamayeng's actual age you were proper rimming his arse expecting us to put in a bid, so stop embarrassing yourself, you utter weapon!!
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #16309: Feb 01, 2018 05:37:01 pm
      Up until you found out Aubamayeng's actual age you were proper rimming his arse expecting us to put in a bid, so stop embarrassing yourself, you utter weapon!!

:D  :D  :D  :D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #16310: Feb 01, 2018 05:52:25 pm

You know what I strongly suspect The Rib Tickler actually posted that inviting a response to fuel his persecution complex and daily trolling quotient.

Know who we should sign just for him - Sigmund Freud and Karl Jeung.

I just don’t get why every f***in’ thread has to get sidetracked.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #16311: Feb 01, 2018 05:59:26 pm

Even Tomkins wrote an article and stated that in Klopp's book by Honigstein that Klopp isn't a type of manager who looks at stop gap players nor is he a cheque book person.

to Orchard red, Pearce isn't scapegoating Klopp, he's basically saying like most of us on here are saying that the money is available and it's up to the manager to meet the valuation of the players he is interested in or not. But no, it's all a conspiracy, Klopp is showing that he's happy but in truth deep down he's unhappy with FSG for not getting the players he wanted.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16312: Feb 01, 2018 06:08:08 pm
      Even Tomkins wrote an article and stated that in Klopp's book by Honigstein that Klopp isn't a type of manager who looks at stop gap players nor is he a cheque book person.

to Orchard red, Pearce isn't scapegoating Klopp, he's basically saying like most of us on here are saying that the money is available and it's up to the manager to meet the valuation of the players he is interested in or not. But no, it's all a conspiracy, Klopp is showing that he's happy but in truth deep down he's unhappy with FSG for not getting the players he wanted.

Are you really saying Jürgen wouldn't want a player from his list that was available now?
      I don't think Klopp is unhappy, I believe he is the type of guy that accepts the wishes of the owners.
      Jürgen has set no timescale for himself to win trophies, he had the belief that he'll get there eventually, and maybe he will, but he hasn't been waiting for nearly 30 years for a league title, so excuse my lack of patience.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16313: Feb 01, 2018 06:16:18 pm
      But you're presuming he's not happy ? Just because a j0b has restrictions doesn't mean he's unhappy

I think he's perfectly happy working within the restrictions he has.
      But that doesn't mean there aren't restrictions

As i said before mate I have 'blame for owners and manager for the weakening of the squad this month and I really hope it doesn't cost us

As I've said the manager has targets, targets I'm.sure he would to bring in this month, financially though he won't get involved.
      He will say to his bosses, get me player x this month
      They go do the deal and they can't get it done, highly likely for financial reasons
      They go back to Klopp and say, sorry Jürgen we can't get it over the line this month, is there anyone else?
      He says no, I'll wait if you can't do it now

That's restrictions, restrictions I don't understand giving our turnover and net transfer spend from the last 3 years

But is Jürgen unhappy with those restrictions? Doesn't look like it, he seems to love it here.

As he said with vvd, I'm not bothered what we pay, thats for the financial people to sort out.
      I imagine with whoever he gave them as targets this month he wouldn't have cared either. But they wouldn't pay what it takes.
      But then he's willing to wait.

Same answer as above

Ah but that's 2 different things I agree that he could be happy even if he has restrictions on him, although it is highly unlikely at this level, but why would he be lying and saying that he hasn't got any restrictions and that he has final say on transfers and has plenty of money available etc etc? You see that's the bit that simply doesn't add up in your argument and believe me I really really have tried to see it from your view.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16314: Feb 01, 2018 06:18:25 pm
      Either that or Klopp is right and you're wrong.

Klopp is doing the planning and building. We aren't.

Klopp is patient. Some of us, not so much.

?? Why am I wrong, I am far more patient than most on here, I haven't been doom and gloom all month, I agree that you get better value in summer and we probably have enough to see us through to the summer?
      Kopite78
      Reply #16315: Feb 01, 2018 06:31:35 pm
      Ah but that's 2 different things I agree that he could be happy even if he has restrictions on him, although it is highly unlikely at this level, but why would he be lying and saying that he hasn't got any restrictions and that he has final say on transfers and has plenty of money available etc etc? You see that's the bit that simply doesn't add up in your argument and believe me I really really have tried to see it from your view.

But there must be limitations or deals would be done this month

He has targets, he gives his targets..  the money doesn't work for the club r8ght now what we would have to pay

He can accept that

There is no happy or unhappy he just accepts it

But that doesn't mean that we haven't pushed the boat out to get them done because as we have proved if you push the boat out clubs will accept

There are very simplistic differences from never being told no to not paying what it takes

If we wanted Keita this month we could have paid

If we wanted pulisic this month a certain amount would get it done

Same with Lamar

As Klopp said he didn't care what we paid for vvd as that was the player he wanted and he let the money men do the deal

If you think he didn't want anyone in to replace Coutinho this month you must live on a different planet. But we wouldn't pay what it would take
      So Klopp will wait and trust his ability with the current squad
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16316: Feb 01, 2018 06:42:36 pm
      There are very simplistic differences from never being told no to not paying what it takes

Same with Lamar

That is true, but then in the same context how much is enough and where do you draw the line?

Not so black and white, add to the fact as we saw from Robinson and AOC there is a pretty significant bedding in period required before he puts players out (especially the attacking ones)

I personally agree with getting the managers target in early even if its only to be a bit part player and bed them in for the Summer, but that player that comes in is going to be "the guy that replaced Coutinho" and the man-manager might see that as something two young players (pulisic and lemar) might not handle well.

Without all the information it's pretty hard to know whats gone on and what the thought process is.

Do we get Pulisic in the Summer for £50 million but right now he will cost 80?...Lemar is a £60 million player but now he will be 90? I would think honestly if Jürgen wanted it bad enough it would have got done.
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2018 06:48:21 pm by AZPatriot »
      Kopite78
      Reply #16317: Feb 01, 2018 06:47:55 pm
      That is true, but then in the same context how much is enough and where do you draw the line?

Not so black and white.

For success ?
      Never enough if you can afford it and our transfer net spends in the last 3 years tell me we can

If Barca can get Phil for the amount we sold for then you're talking for our main targets something inside that

I just want success and I want us to give ourselves the best chance to do so
      I don't  feel we have done that overall this January

But hey f**k it, it's February now, nothing can be done anymore so back to fully backing the players we have for me
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #16318: Feb 01, 2018 07:06:09 pm

I definitely saw someone on a grassy knoll.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #16319: Feb 01, 2018 07:08:06 pm
      Are you really saying Jürgen wouldn't want a player from his list that was available now?
      I don't think Klopp is unhappy, I believe he is the type of guy that accepts the wishes of the owners.
      Jürgen has set no timescale for himself to win trophies, he had the belief that he'll get there eventually, and maybe he will, but he hasn't been waiting for nearly 30 years for a league title, so excuse my lack of patience.

I'm not saying that, I'm saying he would wait if he will be available at a value he sees fit i.e not paying 90m for Lemar when he and his scouts value him at 60 or 70m.
      How do you know that? According to Raphael Honigstein who wrote a book about him and Paul Tomkins that Klopp isn't that type of person. Because of the Coutinho saga? Well there are a lot of mix reports, some say Klopp wanted to get rid of him in the summer but FSG told him no, and others say that Klopp gave FSG an ultimatum that they shouldn't be tempted or he will walk. Which story are you going to believe? I believe FSG were in a lose-lose situation with the fans anyways in the summer because if they sold Coutinho at that
      time fans would have went mad as much as if FSG went against Klopp's wishes for not selling him.

Jürgen actually did put a timescale, he said in 4 years we would be able to challenge for the title, he said that in his first press conference as LFC boss. So far we are consistently looking better and consistently challenging for the top 4. No manager since Rafa did that, so it means we as a club are going on the right track. Yes we took a gamble this Jan, but it doesn't mean the owners don't want to spend money, I think it means the boss believes in his team that he has at his disposal for doing their job the remained of this season and is not willing to spend money for stop gap players just for the sake of it. Melissa Reddy already pinpointed that Klopp and his recruitment team want a top GK, another defender and midfielders to improve on the XI. That's good news, I never felt optimistic since Rafa days so relax we will be fine and we will spend money to bring in players.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16320: Feb 01, 2018 07:20:31 pm
      I definitely saw someone on a grassy knoll.

Honigstein, Pearce, Reddy, Tompkins, Klopp all are on the FSG grassy knoll taking payouts in order to perpetrate the conspiracy.

Facht Duncan Castles said so and Corbally retweeted it!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16321: Feb 01, 2018 07:30:27 pm
      I'm not saying that, I'm saying he would wait if he will be available at a value he sees fit i.e not paying 90m for Lemar when he and his scouts value him at 60 or 70m.
      How do you know that? According to Raphael Honigstein who wrote a book about him and Paul Tomkins that Klopp isn't that type of person. Because of the Coutinho saga? Well there are a lot of mix reports, some say Klopp wanted to get rid of him in the summer but FSG told him no, and others say that Klopp gave FSG an ultimatum that they shouldn't be tempted or he will walk. Which story are you going to believe? I believe FSG were in a lose-lose situation with the fans anyways in the summer because if they sold Coutinho at that
      time fans would have went mad as much as if FSG went against Klopp's wishes for not selling him.

Jürgen actually did put a timescale, he said in 4 years we would be able to challenge for the title, he said that in his first press conference as LFC boss. So far we are consistently looking better and consistently challenging for the top 4. No manager since Rafa did that, so it means we as a club are going on the right track. Yes we took a gamble this Jan, but it doesn't mean the owners don't want to spend money, I think it means the boss believes in his team that he has at his disposal for doing their job the remained of this season and is not willing to spend money for stop gap players just for the sake of it. Melissa Reddy already pinpointed that Klopp and his recruitment team want a top GK, another defender and midfielders to improve on the XI. That's good news, I never felt optimistic since Rafa days so relax we will be fine and we will spend money to bring in players.

I wouldn't doubt for one second we've progressed under klopp, I knew we would.
      I have to ask though if we had the money that City and Utd have, do you think Jürgen would've been fine with paying £90 million for Lamar and an extra £20? to bring Keita here in Jan? I think he's realised that the premier league is a very different animal to the Bundesliga, and he's going to have to be willing to sacrifice his morals a little to compete. I think the signing of VD has shown that he will.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16322: Feb 01, 2018 07:35:29 pm
      I have to ask though if we had the money that City and Utd have, do you think Jürgen would've been fine with paying £90 million for Lamar and an extra £20?

That's like saying if you hit the lottery you wouldn't have to work ever again.

If's and but's mate...that is an alternate reality that does not exist so why sit there and tear yourself apart over it?

I 100% understand where you are coming from....but exactly how does thinking like that make anything better?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #16323: Feb 01, 2018 08:21:31 pm
      Quote from Ribapuru
      I actually think we've learnt a lot about Klopp this window.

1) He's a cooperate guy, he'll sign the minimum players he needs, gambling our season to look good to his employees, a tactic that kept Wenger at Arsenal during long periods of winning nothing.
      2) He's naive, Mignolet in FA Cup? I thought we saw the back of him but maybe Klopp wanted out the FA Cup because there's no money in it and we have a reduced squad, coorperate guy reduce games instead of buying players. Before rubbishing this, ask yourself how many times we've been eliminated early to much lower teams.
      3) Over confident in guys he won't play... Notice his reaction to Danny Ings? He definitely won't be going on loan? It means he's got a major role to play in the remainder of the season, this is a guy who can't get on the pitch when we're 3 nill up against Huddersfield.
      4) Klopp still way to late in substututing players
      5) Has not really shown a real interest in signing a goalkeeper.
      6) Claims players aren't available shortly before or after rivals sign people we need.

7) You're going to have a difficult few years while we sign better players, get better results, challenge for trophies, and hopefully win a few.

We are third in the league, despite having modest keepers, a dodgy defence, a mediocre midfield, and a +28 goal difference. When those issues are rectified/improved, you'll be still foaming at the mouth over the timing of subs. Even Klopp can't help that one.

As for Tomkins, despite backing Klopp above, he's another staunch goatee devotee who would gladly ditch Klopp in the morning, if it meant the man who has done nothing of significance since he left, bar get himself relegated and have another go at it this year, was coming back.

They are polar opposites in motivation, man management, team bonding, tactics, team set up, transfer windows, even goal celebrations. And how they believe football should be played. As we'll see again when they face each other in 4 weeks time.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #16324: Feb 01, 2018 10:15:51 pm
      ?? Why am I wrong, I am far more patient than most on here, I haven't been doom and gloom all month, I agree that you get better value in summer and we probably have enough to see us through to the summer?

Sorry, I may have misunderstood where you are coming from in recent posts. I think FSG and Klopp are working in concert, will spend money in a targeted way and continue making progress toward winning trophies. They are in harmony as to plans and m.o.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #16325: Feb 01, 2018 10:27:59 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/01/agents-gravy-train-curb-excessive-fees

Good article on just how out of hand business with agents is now. With so much money to be made by them, it's not mystery as to what drives a lot of transfer business in football. The star who stays with his club for an entire career might make huge wages, but makes no money for his agent compared to the one who moves every 2-3 years (and that's not even getting into bungs for managers, etc.) . It's a racket that needs to be busted.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16326: Feb 02, 2018 12:00:54 am
      But there must be limitations or deals would be done this month

He has targets, he gives his targets..  the money doesn't work for the club r8ght now what we would have to pay

He can accept that

There is no happy or unhappy he just accepts it

But that doesn't mean that we haven't pushed the boat out to get them done because as we have proved if you push the boat out clubs will accept

Same with Lamar

As Klopp said he didn't care what we paid for vvd as that was the player he wanted and he let the money men do the deal

If you think he didn't want anyone in to replace Coutinho this month you must live on a different planet. But we wouldn't pay what it would take
      So Klopp will wait and trust his ability with the current squad

Of course in a world with infinite money Klopp would want all the best players but no club has that and Klopp is pragmatic, he'd rather have 2 players in the summer for £100m than 1 now. I think it's as simple as that.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16327: Feb 02, 2018 12:06:26 am
      Of course in a world with infinite money Klopp would want all the best players but no club has that and Klopp is pragmatic, he'd rather have 2 players in the summer for £100m than 1 now. I think it's as simple as that.
      Next summer is not going to be much cheaper. It is a world cup year.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16328: Feb 02, 2018 12:23:49 am

Don't worry Riba...a couple of the fellas we want aren't playing anyway.  8)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16329: Feb 02, 2018 12:37:41 am

Not much to worry there Rib given that there won't be much talent on show anyway.

Remember this year's World Cup is full to the brim with small, irrelevant, barely professional teams that are just in it for the 'taking part' - Panama, Iran, Peru, England...
      « Last Edit: Feb 02, 2018 12:43:56 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »

Quick Reply