Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528407 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16422: Feb 05, 2018 03:56:58 pm
      second may have been an anomaly, but if Suarez didn't go, we may have won the league already. Suarez was replaced by Balotelli and Lambert. It's going to get anybody sacked. Rodgers didn't even have the control over signings Klopp has publicly admitted to having.

Did he not have Suarez the season he finished 7th?

Klopp may well have control over signings but he doesn't have an unlimited budget and a magic wand

Brendan should have had a stronger character and demanded his own players rather than be landed with Balotelli

For the record he wanted Lambert, he actively went after that one.. as he did with Borini
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #16423: Feb 05, 2018 04:02:01 pm

Klopp may well have control over signings but he doesn't have an unlimited budget and a magic wand

Brendan should have had a stronger character and demanded his own players rather than be landed with Balotelli

For the record he wanted Lambert, he actively went after that one.. as he did with Borini

He also told us on several occasions - publicly - nobody was signed or sold without his approval.

We know that to be false because he told journos different once the mikes were off.

But certain posters harp on about Klopp being “a liar” because he said he believed Cou would be fit for the Citeh game.......

He who writes the minutes rules the world ;)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16424: Feb 05, 2018 04:03:44 pm

Yea Rodgers was awful. Klopps got to do better though, 5 year contract to migs was not impressive. Salah was not his choice, Coutinho was already here. Firmino, Mane and Van Dijk are probably klopps best signings and we need this kind of quality signing to move forward. I'm hoping Keita will be great.
      Kopite78
      Reply #16425: Feb 05, 2018 04:09:28 pm
      Yea Rodgers was awful. Klopps got to do better though, 5 year contract to migs was not impressive. Salah was not his choice, Coutinho was already here. Firmino, Mane and Van Dijk are probably klopps best signings and we need this kind of quality signing to move forward. I'm hoping Keita will be great.

*shakes head... blows out cheeks

First of all, Salah was recommended to him, like Mane was, they may not have been number one targets but still his decision

Firmino was already here for F**k sake

Can't be arsed with the rest.

Good luck inside your mind   
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16426: Feb 05, 2018 04:09:48 pm
      He also told us on several occasions - publicly - nobody was signed or sold without his approval.

We know that to be false because he told journos different once the mikes were off.

But certain posters harp on about Klopp being “a liar” because he said he believed Cou would be fit for the Citeh game.......

He who writes the minutes rules the world ;)
      Klopp said he authorized Coutinho sale. He's probably been told he can re invest it. Coutinho has been woeful for Barca so far and from looking at their forums, everyone wants him LW. I understand why. He's not really got the full package as a midfielder. They are making excuses like, getting over an injury and bad pitch etc... but I can understand why Klopp sold him. He's probably overpriced for saying he is really a winger, people here over estimated his positions as additionally ATM or deep lying playmaker.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16427: Feb 05, 2018 04:13:08 pm
      not sure it's fair to brand him a wum etc.. he's entitled to his opinion. Personally I don't think Klopp has done anything to earn legendary status people make out. How many trophies he won? Has he addressed weaknesses in the side? Answers 0 and no. He's probably going to fix it in the summer and results have been okay considering lack of spending. Klopp had Salah, Mane, Firmino and Coutinho and finished fourth. Rodgers had Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho and finished 2nd. When you consider a first xi that included Skrtel and Flanagan that's not bad, ultimately Rodgers transfer market activity cost him his job, Klopp could heading in the same direction if summer is as bas as winter.

Serious question Rib - were you quite a fan of Rodgers during that title challenging year then? I mean, would you say he was doing a better job then than Klopp is doing now?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16428: Feb 05, 2018 04:15:40 pm
      Serious question Rib - were you quite a fan of Rodgers during that title challenging year then? I mean, would you say he was doing a better job then than Klopp is doing now?
      nope. I didn't like Rodgers much. I do prefer Klopp but I've got reservations about Klopp still. Hopefully he'll fix it in summer.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16429: Feb 05, 2018 04:18:25 pm
      nope. I didn't like Rodgers much. I do prefer Klopp but I've got reservations about Klopp still. Hopefully he'll fix it in summer.

Not surprised Rib! You have consistency for calling for managers heads even when they've put us in competitive positions in the league. If you were hiring and firing managers we'd be on our 20th in 5 years!
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2018 07:20:51 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Kopite78
      Reply #16430: Feb 05, 2018 04:20:27 pm
      Not surprised. You have consistency for calling for managers heads even when they've put us in competitive positions in the league. If you were hiring and firing managers we'd be on our 20th in 5 years.

He said last week he didn't like Rafa either

Attention seeker possibly
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #16431: Feb 05, 2018 04:26:57 pm

You mean if Klopp fails to buy a keeper you would still have your sharpened knives at the ready?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16432: Feb 05, 2018 05:18:40 pm
      You mean if Klopp fails to buy a keeper you would still have your sharpened knives at the ready?

He' on record for that Shabs  ;)

Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,316 posts | 279 
      Reply #16433: Feb 05, 2018 10:04:07 pm
      I'm definitely a fan of Klopp, I love his passion and like the way we play under him. I don't agree with everything he does like playing without a proper striker I don't think we finish enough of our chances. I would have tried to sign Aubameyang or at least played Sturridge with Salah and Mane with Firmino behind? But  that's just my opinion. It's extremely rare that we get outplayed by anyone and I'd back us against anyone in Europe on our day but I just think a lot of these games this season like Spurs yesterday could have put to bed in the first half with a top class finisher?
      Either way I'm backing Klopp and hope he's here for a long time, I can't think of anyone who I'd sooner have plus I never want to see the likes of Rafa replaced with Hodgson and Kenny replaced by Rogers. Terrible decisions Rafa was a winner and if Kenny had to go should have been replaced by a manager with European pedigree like Rafa himself or dare I say it Mourinho not a manager who'd never done a thing,  that still wrankles with me Kennys sacking hence the off topic rant... Sorry guys
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #16434: Feb 05, 2018 10:59:38 pm
      Quote from Ribapuru
      we may win trophies, until then people should be allowed to have doubts.

And part of his job is to turn doubters into believers.

It was an important week in the schedule for every club. One side got maximum points, Bournemouth. Everybody else got 4 or less.

We fell short of joining the Super 6 club by 1 minute, and the same old suspects rattle off the same old chestnuts. Maybe they don't look at the league table, as much as they were in September and October.
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2018 11:07:38 pm by lfc across the water »
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #16435: Feb 06, 2018 12:07:37 am
      3rd with 12 to go in the league, last 16 of the CL

We've been in far worse positions at this point in the season, not just on occasion but for the majority of the last decade.

People need to step back and look at what he's done so far - How can it not be positive, especially after the NET spenders moan he hasn't spent enough

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16436: Feb 06, 2018 12:21:30 am
      I'm definitely a fan of Klopp, I love his passion and like the way we play under him. I don't agree with everything he does like playing without a proper striker I don't think we finish enough of our chances. I would have tried to sign Aubameyang or at least played Sturridge with Salah and Mane with Firmino behind? But  that's just my opinion. It's extremely rare that we get outplayed by anyone and I'd back us against anyone in Europe on our day but I just think a lot of these games this season like Spurs yesterday could have put to bed in the first half with a top class finisher?
      Either way I'm backing Klopp and hope he's here for a long time, I can't think of anyone who I'd sooner have plus I never want to see the likes of Rafa replaced with Hodgson and Kenny replaced by Rogers. Terrible decisions Rafa was a winner and if Kenny had to go should have been replaced by a manager with European pedigree like Rafa himself or dare I say it Mourinho not a manager who'd never done a thing,  that still wrankles with me Kennys sacking hence the off topic rant... Sorry guys
      Rather have Donald Trump manage the team than Mourinho.. and I am not Trumps biggest fan after what he said about NHS.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16437: Feb 06, 2018 12:23:23 am
      Conte's Chelsea losing again just puts things into perspective that Klopp is doing okay.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #16438: Feb 06, 2018 04:59:55 am
      Quite sure I saw an antisemitic remark from one of our own fans on this forum yesterday, every team national or club has good and bad fans. Don't try to tarnish the whole lot of England fans with the same brush, otherwise you are doing what half our fans complained attributed to unfair treatment of our fans in the past. You have the nerve to call people racist when you group all England fans as bad? You are as bad as a racist here, along with everyone else who wants to have a narrow view that all England fans are bad. If you want judge a lot of people based on the actions of a minority you are going down the same sick and twisted route that racism if founded on.

What shocks me is why people have turned the Klopp thread into a slam England thread.

That would have been me with my 'Yiddites' remark,
      Why not just say it, why hide behind pretend neutrality, your political correctness?
      for your information and perhaps education, it was football banter, same as other fans calling us 'bin dippers' something you fail to understand, for the record im not anti-Semitic nor am i a racist,
      And I'll tell you something else I'm not, a lily livered soft touch f***in do-gooder, a yogurt knitter who likes the smell of their own sh*te, I'm sure your familiar with those cardigan wearing brown shoe types who wear their sisters knickers from time to time, you know, the ones that hate to see the reality incase they get offended,

I'm not going to apologise for something that may have offended you, as far as I'm aware no one else other than ' the real forgot his name' fella, gave a flying f**k what i said. And more importantly nor did the mods.
      So go report that Fuckstick!!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #16439: Feb 06, 2018 07:09:36 am
      Quote from Ribapuru
      Conte's Chelsea losing again just puts things into perspective that Klopp is doing okay.

Watford have taken points off Spurs, Arsenal, and Chelsea in their London derbies at home this season. The mancs lost there last season. It just shows what a difficult place it is to win at, yet we're told they're a side we should be beating, and the result we got there is still shoved in our faces everytime we drop a couple of points, as "evidence" that we're making "no progress" with Klopp. As a result of not 1, but 2 offside decisions against us, I may add.

When we lost there in 1970, our fans were told at the time that Shanks was finished. He won us the league and UEFA Cup double 3 years later. People need to see that Klopp is taking us in the right direction, albeit not soon enough for the knee jerkers in the fan base and the populists in the media.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16440: Feb 06, 2018 07:45:41 am

That would have been me with my 'Yiddites' remark,
      Why not just say it, why hide behind pretend neutrality, your political correctness?
      for your information and perhaps education, it was football banter, same as other fans calling us 'bin dippers' something you fail to understand, for the record im not anti-Semitic nor am i a racist,
      And I'll tell you something else I'm not, a lily livered soft touch f***in do-gooder, a yogurt knitter who likes the smell of their own sh*te, I'm sure your familiar with those cardigan wearing brown shoe types who wear their sisters knickers from time to time, you know, the ones that hate to see the reality incase they get offended,

I'm not going to apologise for something that may have offended you, as far as I'm aware no one else other than ' the real forgot his name' fella, gave a flying f**k what i said. And more importantly nor did the mods.
      So go report that Fuckstick!!
      I wasn't talking about you. What a dumbass you are. For your information, if a complaint is made to the police people are arrested for saying the Y word.

Constable Steve Payne, Football Intelligence Officer for the Met, said fans would still be arrested for using the Y-word if a complaint was made against them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10908591/Yid-chanting-by-Tottenham-Hotspur-fans-no-longer-an-arrestable-offence-at-White-Hart-Lane-says-Metropolitan-Police.html
      « Last Edit: Feb 06, 2018 07:49:48 am by Ribapuru »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #16441: Feb 06, 2018 07:54:23 am
      Very difficult one “Yids” and Spurs.

Think I posted in October I was in the poolside bar in Tenerife watching the game at Wembley and had the misfortune to be sitting next to a very mouthy and cocky Spurs fan.

He was giving it “Yeeeiids” etc etc after every goal and telling me where we were going wrong.

One Scouser gave him belluses about getting carried away etc and they nearly came to blows.

Anyways once the game had died out, my kids had gone and he was 4 or 5 beers worse off I asked him “Are you Jewish?”

He says “no - that’s just what we call ourselves. We’re proud to be a club that’s followed by the Jewish community. It’s like black rappers calling each other Nigger”

“Ok - but if you’re not Jewish and using it aren’t you just perpetuating an injustice?”

“Don’t be stupid - it’s football”

Logic? Not so much.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #16442: Feb 06, 2018 08:14:23 am
      I wasn't talking about you. What a dumbass you are. For your information, if a complaint is made to the police people are arrested for saying the Y word.

Constable Steve Payne, Football Intelligence Officer for the Met, said fans would still be arrested for using the Y-word if a complaint was made against them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10908591/Yid-chanting-by-Tottenham-Hotspur-fans-no-longer-an-arrestable-offence-at-White-Hart-Lane-says-Metropolitan-Police.html

Why don't you just F**k OFF you irritating kunt, your full of sh*t, and the biggest f***in WUM on these boards.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16443: Feb 06, 2018 08:58:21 am
      Why don't you just F**k OFF you irritating kunt, your full of sh*t, and the biggest f***in WUM on these boards.
      You are going on ignore, I suggest you put my posts on ignore as well. I have had enough of your psychopathic rants. Congratulations, you are the first to make the list.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #16444: Feb 06, 2018 09:18:42 am
      Very difficult one “Yids” and Spurs.

Think I posted in October I was in the poolside bar in Tenerife watching the game at Wembley and had the misfortune to be sitting next to a very mouthy and cocky Spurs fan.

He was giving it “Yeeeiids” etc etc after every goal and telling me where we were going wrong.

One Scouser gave him belluses about getting carried away etc and they nearly came to blows.

Anyways once the game had died out, my kids had gone and he was 4 or 5 beers worse off I asked him “Are you Jewish?”

He says “no - that’s just what we call ourselves. We’re proud to be a club that’s followed by the Jewish community. It’s like black rappers calling each other Nigger”

“Ok - but if you’re not Jewish and using it aren’t you just perpetuating an injustice?”

“Don’t be stupid - it’s football”

Logic? Not so much.

I've got a cousin & a friend who obviously aren't Jewish & give it the 'Yid' chants when we play them, I have Jewish friends who find the term
      Offensive..

Quick Reply