Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528367 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16491: Feb 09, 2018 08:33:01 am
      Please, any of you Klopp pessimists...please tell me just one name in world football...just  ONE...that you would rather have in here, not to steal us a trophy and then run or be run off like Mourinho, ONE that would have us competing on the budget we have and that  would be setting us up  for longer term growth and improvement.

Ranieri in the miracle year :-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16492: Feb 09, 2018 08:36:58 am
      Could i ask you a question please?

All i want is a straight yes or no.

Do you think this Squad is capable of winning a League title at this current moment in time?

No paragraph response or explanation please, just a straight yes or no.

Thank You

No

but what does that prove, you could say the same about every team in the league bar Citeh.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #16493: Feb 09, 2018 08:37:15 am
      Honestly - the amount of agenda driven bollocks in here in the last week is unbelievable.

Doing a grand job, not perfect, could do with help securing a few more of his top targets quicker.....

Anybody who honestly believes he has 100% control of a limitless pot and is choosing not to spend is delusional.

What he has actually said is that he can spend 100% of what he generates. Not just once - several times.

So, in short, he has the funds he generates then he’s cap in hand.

Rock on Jürgen - you’ll do for me mate.
      « Last Edit: Feb 09, 2018 01:17:06 pm by Scotia »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16494: Feb 09, 2018 09:20:14 am
      Rubbish unless you think he is a liar, Klopp has repeatedly said he DOES have funds and backing from the owners, but he quite clearly will only buy the players that he thinks will improve the team and he is prepared to wait for the right ones. This bashing of the owners is getting extremely f**king tedious now, especially from a Man Utd fan!

Time will tell but one things for sure. Lose Klopp not only does it put you back many many years, who out there could replace him?

Why should it make a difference coming from a manc? Am I not entitled to give a opinion?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #16495: Feb 09, 2018 09:29:41 am
      Time will tell but one things for sure. Lose Klopp not only does it put you back many many years, who out there could replace him?

Why should it make a difference coming from a manc? Am I not entitled to give a opinion?

Even with your obvious, distressing and deeply socially debilitating condition Keith......

I’d much rather hear your views than many on here that claim to follow the redmen....that’s the real redmen, mind 🤔😉
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16496: Feb 09, 2018 03:50:46 pm
      Rubbish unless you think he is a liar, Klopp has repeatedly said he DOES have funds and backing from the owners, but he quite clearly will only buy the players that he thinks will improve the team and he is prepared to wait for the right ones. This bashing of the owners is getting extremely f**king tedious now, especially from a Man Utd fan!
      I tried say this to you before, What does it actually mean when Klopp say that he funds...? How much does he mean...?£20m, £40m, £100m, £150M...? and saying he has the backing from the owners...? they are backing him to spend £20m on two players they hope will become two more Sterling's they could sell or two more Coutinho's...? It would carry more weight if they did what the owners or Arsenal did some years back (8-10) and came out and said that they were giving Arsene Wenger a £70m war chest... And yes Wenger choose not to spend most of it, but it showed their commitment to Club and manager...

On another point...
      I may have this all wrong, but have heard that LFC have cooled their interest with Lemar, and seemingly also done this with
       Aubameyang, Draxler,Pulisic. etc; maybe Klopp is only willing to sign players that he believes want to play for LFC long term and not those he view to want to use LFC as a stepping stone...

Still It would be nice for the owners to back up Klopp and say that they are will to give him X amount to spend on transfers
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16497: Feb 09, 2018 03:58:46 pm

You're entitled to an opinion of course but it doesn't carry as much wait as coming from a Liverpool fan, sorry but it just doesn't, an din this case you are wrong, it is not the woners blocking transfers it is Klopp not going for transfers in a scattergun fashion and being very cautious with the money.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16498: Feb 09, 2018 04:38:13 pm
      You're entitled to an opinion of course but it doesn't carry as much wait as coming from a Liverpool fan, sorry but it just doesn't, an din this case you are wrong, it is not the woners blocking transfers it is Klopp not going for transfers in a scattergun fashion and being very cautious with the money.

Respect your opinion about Klopp but not sure it matters if I'm a manc or scouser.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16499: Feb 09, 2018 04:44:12 pm
      I am thinking we won't be in a better position without Klopp right now. Some people may think this is a U Turn, but I never really wanted Klopp gone. I just felt frustrated every time he started Mignolet. I still feel frustrated with our crappy transfer window, but not so many games left.. we'll be okay. I can fully understand fans frustrations with Klopp who criticise him, he's won nothing and people act like they worship him. We need to be patient to see if Klopp becomes a great or not, it could go either way.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #16500: Feb 09, 2018 05:14:01 pm
      I tried say this to you before, What does it actually mean when Klopp say that he funds...? How much does he mean...?£20m, £40m, £100m, £150M...? and saying he has the backing from the owners...? they are backing him to spend £20m on two players they hope will become two more Sterling's they could sell or two more Coutinho's...? It would carry more weight if they did what the owners or Arsenal did some years back (8-10) and came out and said that they were giving Arsene Wenger a £70m war chest... And yes Wenger choose not to spend most of it, but it showed their commitment to Club and manager...

On another point...
      I may have this all wrong, but have heard that LFC have cooled their interest with Lemar, and seemingly also done this with
       Aubameyang, Draxler,Pulisic. etc; maybe Klopp is only willing to sign players that he believes want to play for LFC long term and not those he view to want to use LFC as a stepping stone...

Still It would be nice for the owners to back up Klopp and say that they are will to give him X amount to spend on transfers

Yeh so the owners say we have a 100m to spend in the next window.  We go for the Brazilian Goalie Alison or whatever his name is.  Roma know we have a war chest of 100m,  they want 65m or even more.   I think with Coutinho going in the January transfer window again clubs with players of our interest were trying to squeeze as much out of us as possible.   Now the picture looks like Coutinho out VVD and Keita in.   Can't show your cards or you end up paying way more in a very up and down market. 

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16501: Feb 09, 2018 07:33:20 pm
      Yeh so the owners say we have a 100m to spend in the next window.  We go for the Brazilian Goalie Alison or whatever his name is.  Roma know we have a war chest of 100m,  they want 65m or even more.   I think with Coutinho going in the January transfer window again clubs with players of our interest were trying to squeeze as much out of us as possible.   Now the picture looks like Coutinho out VVD and Keita in.   Can't show your cards or you end up paying way more in a very up and down market.
      Sorry mate but just because they want more does not mean the get it. You just identified one option, we can always look for another... We want Pulisic, go a no and turn our attention to Brandt meet with a no there and ended up with Mo Salah

There are always other options
      « Last Edit: Feb 09, 2018 09:14:02 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #16502: Feb 10, 2018 01:12:06 am
      Well like VVD.  I wouldn't want to be at a disadvantage in getting prime targets.  Jürgen has give us enough evidence that he can be selective in his targets like VVD and not having the financial clout of at least three other rivals in the Prem.  I wouldn't want to concede more ground. 
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #16503: Feb 10, 2018 09:27:50 am
      Sorry mate but just because they want more does not mean the get it. You just identified one option, we can always look for another... We want Pulisic, go a no and turn our attention to Brandt meet with a no there and ended up with Mo Salah

There are always other options

Yeah but jk wants the players he want. He doesn't go for others. I personally think that it's a good thing.
      Before jk we always accepted the second or third choice.
      remember that forums went berserk with statements like more quality not quantity. Buy one world class every window.
      I was disappointed as every other fan that we didn't buy a cover for cou in Jan, but we can't just start buying players because we have the money.
      better to wait and get the players jk wants.

BTW don't think Salah was jk choice, our scouts wanted him and I think jk said that. We were after Salah before jk joined us.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16504: Feb 10, 2018 10:46:31 am
      Respect your opinion about Klopp but not sure it matters if I'm a manc or scouser.

Of course it does Keith, the same as my views on Man Utd are not as important or relevant as yours. or are you perhaps a fan of both Man Utd and Liverpool? ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16505: Feb 10, 2018 10:48:22 am
      Well like VVD.  I wouldn't want to be at a disadvantage in getting prime targets.  Jürgen has give us enough evidence that he can be selective in his targets like VVD and not having the financial clout of at least three other rivals in the Prem.  I wouldn't want to concede more ground. 

So by having money we are at a disadvantage in the market, sorry but I can't quite get my head around that argument, it certainly doesn't seem to be harming PSG and Citeh much. ;-)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16506: Feb 10, 2018 11:47:29 am
      Of course it does Keith, the same as my views on Man Utd are not as important or relevant as yours. or are you perhaps a fan of both Man Utd and Liverpool? ;-)

Well I'm certainly a fan of both forums, does that count.  ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16507: Feb 10, 2018 03:15:16 pm
      Yeah but jk wants the players he want. He doesn't go for others. I personally think that it's a good thing.
      Before jk we always accepted the second or third choice.
      remember that forums went berserk with statements like more quality not quantity. Buy one world class every window.
      I was disappointed as every other fan that we didn't buy a cover for cou in Jan, but we can't just start buying players because we have the money.
      better to wait and get the players jk wants.

BTW don't think Salah was jk choice, our scouts wanted him and I think jk said that. We were after Salah before jk joined us.
      I understand and agree with you on the whole, but managers should always have options both on the field and in the transfer market...
      JK first choice my not want to become a Liverpool player, therefor he should stop looking for a player in that position...??

I believe the reason we both Salah was that he showed real interest in joining LFC and looks like he wants to be here for the long run...

Really have to start proof reading my post (Too Lazy) stupid predictive text
      « Last Edit: Feb 10, 2018 07:42:33 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #16508: Feb 10, 2018 06:39:03 pm
      It was clearly Klopp's decision not to attempt to replace Coutinho. But was he really saying we are not going to pay over the odds. And that was, in fact, the reason why he didn't try and i just wonder did he come to that decision alone.We may have made an enquiry for Mahrez and stood back when we heard the price. Even City wouldn't pay the inflated price.

Have we got enough goal threat or quality in the squad to keep Chelsea or Spurs out of the top 4. Judgement will be suspended till the end of the season. We have to trust Klopp has made the right decision.

He'll kop some stick if we fall short.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #16509: Feb 10, 2018 11:58:26 pm
      So by having money we are at a disadvantage in the market, sorry but I can't quite get my head around that argument, it certainly doesn't seem to be harming PSG and Citeh much. ;-)

What?? read my first post!
      firminofanboy1
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | 15 
      Reply #16510: Feb 11, 2018 03:10:39 am
      It was clearly Klopp's decision not to attempt to replace Coutinho. But was he really saying we are not going to pay over the odds. And that was, in fact, the reason why he didn't try and i just wonder did he come to that decision alone.We may have made an enquiry for Mahrez and stood back when we heard the price. Even City wouldn't pay the inflated price.

Have we got enough goal threat or quality in the squad to keep Chelsea or Spurs out of the top 4. Judgement will be suspended till the end of the season. We have to trust Klopp has made the right decision.

He'll kop some stick if we fall short.

If we fall short he should be sacked. Throwing away what at the time looked a secure and comfortable top 4 place and potential FA Cup/Champions league trophies by selling Phil and not replacing him would personally be unforgivable.

I still think we will get top 4, but for me it'll still go down as a disappointing season given our cup failings. Klopp has to up his game markedly next season.  Maybe he will who knows?

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #16511: Feb 11, 2018 08:11:51 am
      If we fall short he should be sacked. Throwing away what at the time looked a secure and comfortable top 4 place and potential FA Cup/Champions league trophies by selling Phil and not replacing him would personally be unforgivable.

I still think we will get top 4, but for me it'll still go down as a disappointing season given our cup failings. Klopp has to up his game markedly next season.  Maybe he will who knows?

Am I reading these words?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #16512: Feb 11, 2018 08:51:24 am
      Yup.

On the bright side though - Sunday has to look up from here though mate.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16513: Feb 11, 2018 09:12:31 am

How many other managers in the Top 4 have to deal with selling their best player in January and not even attempting to cover that area of the squad.

Klopp isn’t perfect, but he’s the best fit for Liverpool.

Operating in a profit with transfers. Arsenal 2.0, and even they had a better January despite it looking like they were about to lose two of their best players this year.

Quick Reply