Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526272 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16514: Feb 11, 2018 10:03:45 am
      if we don't make the top four a lot of people will hold Klopp responsible. I don't think sacking him is the answer but he has made some mistakes here.
      Kopite78
      Reply #16515: Feb 11, 2018 10:09:33 am
      if we don't make the top four a lot of people will hold Klopp responsible. I don't think sacking him is the answer but he has made some mistakes here.

Name a manager who doesn't make mistakes?

Name a human who doesn't make mistakes?
      If you want perfection you'll never be happy
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,165 posts | 514 
      Reply #16516: Feb 11, 2018 10:54:55 am

Ok Rib, in your opinion what mistakes has he made ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16517: Feb 11, 2018 11:00:50 am

Lack of a top quality Goalkeeper and taking to long to reinforce the defence are Klopp's 2 biggest mistakes but he has now addressed one of those, although more work still needed, and hopefully we finally get a quality kepper in the summer.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #16518: Feb 11, 2018 12:31:53 pm
      Quote from Norfolk Red

Oh no. Please no.  :f_doh:

Ffb is busy sharpening his knives for 18.30GMT. And there's unfortunately, more sign ups waiting in the long grass to join him. Anything less than a win and they will set up camp here for the evening. And tomorrow, and until ko in Porto.

The target this year was top 4. We have it atm. We play twice before Spurs next game, so the table might look much better by then.

Southampton away has been a bogey ground for us down how many years. Houllier once lost a 3 goal lead with Carra and Hyppia. Evans first defeat in charge  was down there. Klopp lost on his first league visit. Rodgers lost on his first visit, as did Benitez. Thommo had one game down there, the first visit to the current stadium. No different.

This game will follow the usual pattern. We attack, they sit there, repeat for 90 minutes. Spurs, City, the mancs have all struggled to break them down lately, and I don't expect any different when it's our turn. Will the Klopposceptics consider that after the game?

What do you think?
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #16519: Feb 11, 2018 02:06:16 pm
      He won't be sacked if we don't make the top 4. I do not believe FSG set their standards for this club in terms of league position.Obviously 6/7 without a sniff of Top 4, then he would get his cards.

I think not trying to replace Coutinho was more of a financial decision than a footballing one. That's not saying Klopp didn't have funds but the decision was based on NOT paying over the odds. That clearly, in my opinion, makes it a financial decision.

I and a few others said in November, Coutinho would go in January. Prior to the window, offered the choice of VVD or Mahrez. Depends on which one would you think would bring a greater chance of top 4 and cup success. My vote goes to Mahrez.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,165 posts | 514 
      Reply #16520: Feb 11, 2018 03:39:21 pm
      Oh no. Please no.  :f_doh:

Ffb is busy sharpening his knives for 18.30GMT. And there's unfortunately, more sign ups waiting in the long grass to join him. Anything less than a win and they will set up camp here for the evening. And tomorrow, and until ko in Porto.

The target this year was top 4. We have it atm. We play twice before Spurs next game, so the table might look much better by then.

Southampton away has been a bogey ground for us down how many years. Houllier once lost a 3 goal lead with Carra and Hyppia. Evans first defeat in charge  was down there. Klopp lost on his first league visit. Rodgers lost on his first visit, as did Benitez. Thommo had one game down there, the first visit to the current stadium. No different.

This game will follow the usual pattern. We attack, they sit there, repeat for 90 minutes. Spurs, City, the mancs have all struggled to break them down lately, and I don't expect any different when it's our turn. Will the Klopposceptics consider that after the game?

What do you think?

I know, I know, realised as soon as I put the post up it was a mistake.  There's more chance of Oscar Pistorius getting athletes foot than a sensible answer, oh well you are never too old to learn. Let's hope it all goes well at St. Mary's or this place will go into meltdown.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #16521: Feb 11, 2018 05:30:15 pm
      Seen some of the poorest and most narcissistic posting in my 7 years here in this thread since we sold Coutinho.

The trouble is we have too many petulant children who don’t realise they’re being manipulated by the wums and proper agenda merchants......

The guys calling for (or hinting at) a Klopp departure anytime, even vaguely in the near future, in the week before our UCL last 16 tie and with us in the shake-up for 2nd simply aren’t supporters in my opinion.

They’re ego driven loons who think supporting a football team is real-life playing Championship Manager.

Doing my head in.
      « Last Edit: Feb 11, 2018 06:39:17 pm by Scotia »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16522: Feb 11, 2018 06:56:54 pm
      If we fall short he should be sacked. Throwing away what at the time looked a secure and comfortable top 4 place and potential FA Cup/Champions league trophies by selling Phil and not replacing him would personally be unforgivable.

I still think we will get top 4, but for me it'll still go down as a disappointing season given our cup failings. Klopp has to up his game markedly next season.  Maybe he will who knows?

You still here?

Let's hope you've fu**ed off. If you haven't then please - F**k off.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #16523: Feb 11, 2018 07:26:46 pm
      Very good win that and the type we are always told we aren’t capable of doing.

Very pleased with how things are going this season and under Jürgen generally.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16524: Feb 11, 2018 07:31:58 pm
      I'd like to thank him for spending the necessary amount to bring in Van Dijk. I've been far less nervous during games since he joined. Can't wait to see what he's got in store for us in the summer.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16525: Feb 11, 2018 07:50:54 pm
      I'd like to thank him for spending the necessary amount to bring in Van Dijk. I've been far less nervous during games since he joined. Can't wait to see what he's got in store for us in the summer.

75 mill seems a lot. It IS a lot.
      But so far have been SO impressed by VVD.
      Commanding in the air. Comfortable on the ball.
      And don't think he's even 'Klopp fit' yet either, should only improve.
      Scary.
      We have a manager who is bringing in TOP players. Jürgen is THE man.

Karius did great today.
      But still think Jürgen will aim to bring in a top keeper in the summer (Migs will be gone at last !)

THIS manager is the dogs :)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16526: Feb 11, 2018 08:23:16 pm
      Yes Jürgen! Keep it up Jürgen - your doing a grand job. F**k the WUMS and embrace the Klopp.
      firminofanboy1
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | 15 
      Reply #16527: Feb 13, 2018 06:44:24 am
      You still here?

Let's hope you've fu**ed off. If you haven't then please - f**k off.

Bit harsh. F***ing hell.

Just speaking the truth mate.

It's frustrating that people are blinded by his pretty football and his flamboyant personality.

Judge him for what he's done for the club. So far he has been underwhelming IMO.
      Kopite78
      Reply #16528: Feb 13, 2018 07:11:35 am
      Bit harsh. F***ing hell.

It's frustrating that people are blinded by his pretty football and his flamboyant personality.

Judge him for what he's done for the club. So far he has been underwhelming IMO.

No. You're speaking your opinion, not the truth

The truth is that we are now more consistent than any time since mid Rafa times. 

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #16529: Feb 13, 2018 07:29:02 am
      Bit harsh. F***ing hell.

Should we bring back Hodgosaurus for you?

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #16530: Feb 13, 2018 07:29:20 am
      Bit harsh. F***ing hell.

Whereas a lot of others make an objective assessment that we have improved immeasurably under his tenure.

As K78 points out - more consistent than any time since mid Rafa, averaging 2 points per game, UCL knockout and on track to qualify again.

These aren’t unqualified successes by Liverpool standards BUT they are staging posts en route to them.

The team was on its arse when he took over and he isn’t working with a blank cheque book. He’s stubborn, has made mistakes and will make more.....but be under no illusions- the top teams don’t think “we can get at that Liverpool”.......they first think “f**k me, they can hurt us.....!”. That’s progress from 6-1 at Stoke.

Interesting to see how your posting narrative develops - will you show more than one “anti-Klopp” string to your bow or are you one of the agenda merchants that just doesn’t like Home and bends the facts to suit.........time will tell.

Good luck to you. Will you rise to the occasion?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #16531: Feb 13, 2018 07:31:54 am
      Bit harsh. F***ing hell.

If you don't like Jürgen Klopp as our manager I can only assume you are a Woy supporter.You are definitely in the minority regarding your opinion of Jürgen Klopp.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #16532: Feb 13, 2018 07:33:36 am
      Bit harsh. F***ing hell.

When was the last time we consistently kept challenging within the top 4 range?

2008? 2009?

The only one whose blind is you and your bias against/hatred towards Klopp.

I for one really don't see his flamboyant personality really interesting nor do I fall into the ''How can you not love this man'' cliche, but I can see huge improvements in player signings and footballing attitude. He knows how he wants his team to play and we are two points away from 2nd place. How can you not see improvement?
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #16533: Feb 13, 2018 11:03:24 am
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16534: Feb 13, 2018 11:09:28 am
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #16535: Feb 13, 2018 11:29:12 am

Not knockers Keith, mostly just tits ;)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #16536: Feb 13, 2018 11:48:01 am

We've had those types of runs before. Sadly it's a 38 matches season.

Reminds me of Arsenal fans defending Wenger because they had the most points for the past 97 matches (I read that at the start of the season).

Fucks given about the past 97 matches: none.

That's of course not any type of criticism to Jürgen Klopp. He's clearly doing well. But I'm so tired of this tactic of picking arbitrary periods of time to try and prove some point.

Quick Reply