Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526587 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16721: Mar 03, 2018 10:46:48 pm
      Love how the Boss goes bat sh*t crazy on the touch line.. ;D
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #16722: Mar 03, 2018 10:58:34 pm
      I don’t know what’s more entertaining; his football or his post match interviews. Never really been one for watching them until he arrived.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #16723: Mar 03, 2018 11:13:47 pm
      Thought I'd throw this in here.  :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,174 posts | 1384 
      Reply #16724: Mar 03, 2018 11:39:58 pm
      Don't disagree with Rafa when he says Klopp has to win trophies. Sure Klopp knows that. Rafa says " Fans don't remember the games..they remember the trophies" And that's true to a degree. A timely reminder to the owners FSG as well.

And these next two or three seasons will be crucial to our ambitions. The mark of any manager at this level is what trophies they actually win.

Let Klopp be under no illusion, we want to win Leagues, cups. We want to win trophies. Not saying Klopp will accept just top 4 but still I thank Rafa for putting that fact out there.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #16725: Mar 04, 2018 12:30:11 am
      Were missing Couthino alright....
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #16726: Mar 04, 2018 01:03:03 am
      Quote from Harrisimo
      Don't disagree with Rafa when he says Klopp has to win trophies. I thank Rafa for putting that fact out there.

Thank him for what, stating the obvious?

It's a far cry from December 2009 when he proudly declared that we "don't have to win trophies to make progress", while the team was losing games hand over fist  and rapidly imploding. But as Jürgen said about someone else battling the drop 2 years ago, I'm happy he has enough time on his hands to worry about Liverpool's problems. 

He has faced us several times since he faced the consequences for failing to land the league title here, and never ever won. Today, his bunch of bus parkers had one shot of note and no intention, let alone ambition, of winning the game. That's the state of them right now, and they need the points at this stage of the season more than we do.

I'm glad we have a proper coach in charge here now. Because of Klopp, we are playing champagne football, scored 100+ goals, flying in the league, making hay in Europe, and going places, while still a work in progress. We may need to win a trophy to be considered great but remember, next week we'll be one of the best 8 in Europe, and he'll be wondering how the hell will he beat the drop.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16727: Mar 04, 2018 01:20:05 am
      Don't disagree with Rafa when he says Klopp has to win trophies. Sure Klopp knows that. Rafa says " Fans don't remember the games..they remember the trophies" And that's true to a degree. A timely reminder to the owners FSG as well.

And these next two or three seasons will be crucial to our ambitions. The mark of any manager at this level is what trophies they actually win.

Let Klopp be under no illusion, we want to win Leagues, cups. We want to win trophies. Not saying Klopp will accept just top 4 but still I thank Rafa for putting that fact out there.
      Rafa may be well respected but his comments are ridiculous at times. 3 most ridiculous Rafa statements.

3) Torres scores a hatrick and whilst everyone writes congratulations, Rafa writes he lost the ball 8 times.
      2) Gareth Barry is better than Xabi Alonso, whilst Alonso was a Liverpool player.. didn't stay long after that... cheers Rafa.
      1) I'd never manage Chelsea.... hmm guess what Rafa.. 5 years after that statement you became Chelsea manager!

Whatever Rafa says I take with a pinch of salt at times. Klopp is the man and he is going to win things, regardless of what Rafa says.
      Klopp has been making all the right choices for a couple of months now and our results are a good reflection of that.
      « Last Edit: Mar 04, 2018 01:26:15 am by Ribapuru »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16728: Mar 04, 2018 02:34:53 am
      Thank him for what, stating the obvious?

It's a far cry from December 2009 when he proudly declared that we "don't have to win trophies to make progress", while the team was losing games hand over fist  and rapidly imploding. But as Jürgen said about someone else battling the drop 2 years ago, I'm happy he has enough time on his hands to worry about Liverpool's problems. 

He has faced us several times since he faced the consequences for failing to land the league title here, and never ever won. Today, his bunch of bus parkers had one shot of note and no intention, let alone ambition, of winning the game. That's the state of them right now, and they need the points at this stage of the season more than we do.

I'm glad we have a proper coach in charge here now. Because of Klopp, we are playing champagne football, scored 100+ goals, flying in the league, making hay in Europe, and going places, while still a work in progress. We may need to win a trophy to be considered great but remember, next week we'll be one of the best 8 in Europe, and he'll be wondering how the hell will he beat the drop.

He has Paul F***ing Dummett and Mo Diame in his side. And keeping them up for now.

I follow a ton of Newcastle accounts on Twitter purely for Rafa and they all love him. He's getting a statue if he keeps them up. That squad is F***ing dire but he managed to add some quality with Mikel Merino and that Lejeune (sp?) fella, plus the keeper who has looked very good since signing.

Anyways, our Jürgen is the manager and he's doing a F***ing mint job. Keep it going you crazy bearded b***ard.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #16729: Mar 04, 2018 09:40:42 am
      Did anyone else notice, he seemed to go ballistic at the end, when he thought we should have had a penalty, with about 10 seconds left. I thought it was quite funny myself.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #16730: Mar 04, 2018 09:58:19 am
      Did anyone else notice, he seemed to go ballistic at the end, when he thought we should have had a penalty, with about 10 seconds left. I thought it was quite funny myself.

He said after the game that during the game he often forgets what score it is, hence his reactions to some of the decisions.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #16731: Mar 04, 2018 12:33:25 pm
      You certainly cannot fault Jürgen, for  his enthusiasm in any way or form.
      Harrisimo

• 8,174 posts | 1384 
      Reply #16732: Mar 04, 2018 01:26:39 pm
      Rafa may be well respected but his comments are ridiculous at times. 3 most ridiculous Rafa statements.

3) Torres scores a hatrick and whilst everyone writes congratulations, Rafa writes he lost the ball 8 times.
      2) Gareth Barry is better than Xabi Alonso, whilst Alonso was a Liverpool player.. didn't stay long after that... cheers Rafa.
      1) I'd never manage Chelsea.... hmm guess what Rafa.. 5 years after that statement you became Chelsea manager!

Whatever Rafa says I take with a pinch of salt at times. Klopp is the man and he is going to win things, regardless of what Rafa says.
      Klopp has been making all the right choices for a couple of months now and our results are a good reflection of that.

I'm sure we can all have a pop at Rafa,Roy,Kenny and Brendan. And plenty will moan about Klopp when he goes as well. I was just saying that it did no harm for Rafa to state the obvious . I was more hoping that the " must win trophies " message would permeate thru to FSG.

Rafa wasn't being detrimental or disrespectful in any way. In fact he praised Klopp for the attacking quality that we have.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16733: Mar 04, 2018 02:16:56 pm

Rafa won the CL and the Super Cup first season with  a side largely built from Gerard Houllier signings following season (2006) wins the FA & Community Shield and continue his downward spiral of success with Liverpool never winning another trophy after that, dispute have plenty to spend each season...

He knows Klopp is the better manager, and it is jealousy on his part why he made that comment
      Harrisimo

• 8,174 posts | 1384 
      Reply #16734: Mar 04, 2018 02:32:44 pm
      Rafa won the CL and the Super Cup first season with  a side largely built from Gerard Houllier signings following season (2006) wins the FA & Community Shield and continue his downward spiral of success with Liverpool never winning another trophy after that, dispute have plenty to spend each season...

He knows Klopp is the better manager, and it is jealousy on his part why he made that comment

No fair comparison can be made between Rafa and Jürgen till the latter has been here a similar time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #16735: Mar 04, 2018 02:35:07 pm

What utter sh*te!!

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #16736: Mar 04, 2018 02:53:48 pm

Seriously Fam?..

Rafa has won more than Klopp..I don't think Rafa is jealous of anyone...

RedWilly

• 9,180 posts | 1630 
      Reply #16737: Mar 04, 2018 03:00:28 pm

What absolute sh*te!!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #16738: Mar 04, 2018 03:09:44 pm

Klopp does have to win trophies, that's a fact of life of being a Liverpool manager. We're improving all the time and next season is the litmus test for just how far that improvement has taken us. Having a good personality should not preclude you from the fact that this club exists to win trophies, and by extension, so do their managers. Right now this is a season of consolidation and so long as consolidation is achieved, we can be content with the progress made. But consolidation cannot go on forever, at some point he has to win things in order to be considered a success.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #16739: Mar 04, 2018 03:13:24 pm
      Certainly playing the brand of football fans love to watch. Although at the same time, the fans and club want to see silverware in the cupboard, the sooner the better !
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16740: Mar 04, 2018 03:44:59 pm
      Klopp does have to win trophies, that's a fact of life of being a Liverpool manager. We're improving all the time and next season is the litmus test for just how far that improvement has taken us. Having a good personality should not preclude you from the fact that this club exists to win trophies, and by extension, so do their managers. Right now this is a season of consolidation and so long as consolidation is achieved, we can be content with the progress made. But consolidation cannot go on forever, at some point he has to win things in order to be considered a success.

Yes he has to win trophies, no one can dispute that, But why as a former manager of Liverpool, managing a team you could not stop being relegated two seasons ago, and are once again in a relegation dog fight would you (Rafa) bring up the fact that Klopp as not won a trophy unless you are...

(a) Jealous that he is at a club were you had some fleeting success

(b) done it on less money than you had to spend

(c) Believes that he hold the affectation of the Fans that once you, yourself held

(d) are deluded enough to believe that the majority of fans would have you back in a heart beat (He may have a point on that one)

(e) you are trying to signal to FSG that you are willing to come back to the club should Klopp fail to win trophies

Klopp will win Trophies because he is not afraid to set his teams up to go for it unlike Rafa...

Looked at the way he set up Newcastle. 4-4 1-1...4-5-1, hoping to hang in there and frustrate and maybe nick one at the end. While teams like Huddersfield,Brighton, even Bournemouth will go for the win...

When Newcastle go do the only people I will feel for is the Fans.
      They deserve a better manager than Rafa

"EDIT" When Newcastle go down the only people I will feel for is the Fans.
      « Last Edit: Mar 04, 2018 05:54:59 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #16741: Mar 04, 2018 04:14:24 pm
      Yes he has to win trophies, no one can dispute that, But why as a former manager of Liverpool, managing a team you could not stop being relegated two seasons ago, and are once again in a relegation dog fight would you (Rafa) bring up the fact that Klopp as not won a trophy unless you are...

(c) Believes that he hold the affectation of the Fans that once you, yourself held

(d) are deluded enough to believe that the majority of fans would have you back in a heart beat (He may have a point on that one)

(e) you are trying to signal to FSG that you are willing to come back to the club should Klopp fail to win trophies

Klopp will win Trophies because he is not afraid to set his teams up to go for it unlike Rafa...

Looked at the way he set up Newcastle. 4-4 1-1...4-5-1, hoping to hang in there and frustrate and maybe nick one at the end. While teams like Huddersfield,Brighton, even Bournemouth will go for the win...

Rafa won a lot more in his time with us, and during his career than Klopp has, again just a simple fact of life. There is no reason for him to be jealous. The most likely scenario is probably because he was asked. You know what the media/press is like, they're a bunch of sh*t stirrers.
      Harrisimo

• 8,174 posts | 1384 
      Reply #16742: Mar 04, 2018 04:59:15 pm
      Think it was fair comment by Rafa. In a sense he was saying "I won things at Liverpool, now you have to win trophies". But at this stage the comparison can't really be made. Rafa had 6 years here and won 2 trophies in truth. The Champions League and the FA cup.

Klopp will be here 3 years in Oct this year. I would say it's much harder to win the Champions league now and the domestic cups are definitely not the priority they once were. That being the case a top 4 finish is nearly as good as one of the domestic cups. But we will I think have to give Klopp at least another 3 seasons before we can start doing comparisons.
      Kopite78
      Reply #16743: Mar 04, 2018 05:45:15 pm

Whilst I am not getting into Klopp verses Rafa as it's absolutely futile rubbish.
      Different time
      Different situations

In fact I was going to but....

Your post is just utter sh*te from start to finish
      👍

Quick Reply