Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1518750 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16744: Mar 04, 2018 05:55:58 pm
      Yes he has to win trophies, no one can dispute that, But why as a former manager of Liverpool, managing a team you could not stop being relegated two seasons ago, and are once again in a relegation dog fight would you (Rafa) bring up the fact that Klopp as not won a trophy unless you are...

(a) Jealous that he is at a club were you had some fleeting success

(b) done it on less money than you had to spend

(c) Believes that he hold the affectation of the Fans that once you, yourself held

(d) are deluded enough to believe that the majority of fans would have you back in a heart beat (He may have a point on that one)

(e) you are trying to signal to FSG that you are willing to come back to the club should Klopp fail to win trophies

Klopp will win Trophies because he is not afraid to set his teams up to go for it unlike Rafa...

Looked at the way he set up Newcastle. 4-4 1-1...4-5-1, hoping to hang in there and frustrate and maybe nick one at the end. While teams like Huddersfield,Brighton, even Bournemouth will go for the win...

When Newcastle go do the only people I will feel for is the Fans.
      They deserve a better manager than Rafa
      I sort of agree with some of this. Rafa is jealous. It's like when a man has a new girlfriend and attempts to be friends with his ex girlfriend... The ex makes a comment or two...

Rafa is okay at managing teams and he did great at Liverpool, but at most clubs he lasts one or two seasons. He sets up to park the bus, a tactic if anybody else used they would be critized for negative football.

Klopp is the better manager. His football is more interesting and I would never want Rafa back because I prefer 5-2 than 1-0.

If Jose made the comment about us that Rafa made, is it still a fair comment?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16745: Mar 04, 2018 05:59:25 pm
      it's not sh*te. He did inherit most the players. Owen went and Baros in.. a couple of other changes but mostly inherited. Gerrard rallied the team to victory.. fantastic world class captain.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16746: Mar 04, 2018 06:00:33 pm
      Rafa won a lot more in his time with us, and during his career than Klopp has, again just a simple fact of life. There is no reason for him to be jealous. The most likely scenario is probably because he was asked. You know what the media/press is like, they're a bunch of sh*t stirrers.
      Rafa won CL and FA cup. Klopp will win things.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16747: Mar 04, 2018 06:00:41 pm
      Rafa won a lot more in his time with us, and during his career than Klopp has, again just a simple fact of life. There is no reason for him to be jealous. The most likely scenario is probably because he was asked. You know what the media/press is like, they're a bunch of sh*t stirrers.
      Did not say he didn't, and as for "The most likely scenario is probably because he was asked."  If that was the case: He has a mind and by now should know what the press is like why answer..?
      And say for the "There is no reason for him to be jealous." I believe i gave a multitude of reason that I believe he copuld be above
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16748: Mar 04, 2018 06:04:27 pm
      "EDIT" When Newcastle go down the only people I will feel for is the Fans.
      not  sure i care about the fans. Their chanting in last game made it hard to have sympathy. Plus Alan Shearer?.....

Seriously think they might down because Rafa keeps playing for 1 point a game. I'm glad they were negative against us though, made it very comfortable to control the game.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16749: Mar 04, 2018 06:05:14 pm
      it's not sh*te. He did inherit most the players. Owen went and Baros in.. a couple of other changes but mostly inherited. Gerrard rallied the team to victory.. fantastic world class captain.

Wrong. Baros was bought by Houllier not Rafa. For someone so 'particular' I'm surprised in you Rib.

Surprised and to be honest disappointed.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16750: Mar 04, 2018 06:09:17 pm
      Whilst I am not getting into Klopp verses Rafa as it's absolutely futile rubbish.
      Different time
      Different situations

In fact I was going to but....

Your post is just utter sh*te from start to finish
      👍

And what reason do you have to claim that he (Rafa) was not having a pop at Klopp...? as and other former Liverpool manager who have won trophies said that on camera, or in the press or on radio...?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16751: Mar 04, 2018 06:11:09 pm
      Wrong. Baros was bought by Houllier not Rafa. For someone so 'particular' I'm surprised in you Rib.

Surprised and to be honest disappointed.
      Rafa brought Morientes then, I knew it was one or the other.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16752: Mar 04, 2018 06:20:46 pm
      not  sure i care about the fans. Their chanting in last game made it hard to have sympathy. Plus Alan Shearer?.....

Seriously think they might down because Rafa keeps playing for 1 point a game. I'm glad they were negative against us though, made it very comfortable to control the game.
      What I meant by that is that they have bought into the Rafa the great saviour thing, He will make us great again... A bit like the brexiteers " Briton will be great again" (Sorry had to get that one in) when in fact he sets his teams up to negatively with the emphasis on going out to not lose a game rather than trying to win the game. No supporter of any club deserves that type of manager
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #16753: Mar 04, 2018 07:59:35 pm

It is sh*te. Houllier got nowhere near winning the Champions League. That’s a fact. Without Rafa that wouldn’t have happened.

But it’s no surprise to see two of the biggest clowns on the forum dripping on about absolute rubbish. I honestly think you’ve got two mjat have a combined age of about 17, because no adult could be so simplistic in their thinking.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16754: Mar 04, 2018 08:36:59 pm
      Crazy lack of respect for our managers from our supporters! 😩 Houllier had us qualifying regularly for the CL, won the Europa league, FA Cup and league cup, Rafa won us the F***ing Champions league ffs! If it weren't for the Cowboys replacing all his to players with sh*te he could well have won us a league title. Rodgers took us within a whisker of a league title ( closer than ANY manager since 1990!)  with a squad that contained Victor Moses, Ally Sissoko, Luis Alberto, Iago Aspas, Jaoa Teixira.

I've no doubt there will be plenty of of people that will be exaggerating how bad Jürgen was if he doesn't win a league title in his time here.
      Just because a manager doesn't win the league, doesn't mean they are bad managers. Well except for Hodgson!
      « Last Edit: Mar 04, 2018 08:45:39 pm by ORCHARD RED »
      +10
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16755: Mar 04, 2018 10:54:24 pm
      Crazy lack of respect for our managers from our supporters! 😩 Houllier had us qualifying regularly for the CL, won the Europa league, FA Cup and league cup, Rafa won us the F***ing Champions league ffs! If it weren't for the Cowboys replacing all his to players with sh*te he could well have won us a league title. Rodgers took us within a whisker of a league title ( closer than ANY manager since 1990!)  with a squad that contained Victor Moses, Ally Sissoko, Luis Alberto, Iago Aspas, Jaoa Teixira.

I've no doubt there will be plenty of of people that will be exaggerating how bad Jürgen was if he doesn't win a league title in his time here.
      Just because a manager doesn't win the league, doesn't mean they are bad managers. Well except for Hodgson!
      I agree and I don't dislike Rafa and know he did okay here, I just think he's a bit outspoken and I don't agree with what he says at times. The Klopp comment was a bit cheeky really and I do think Rafa envies Klopp a bit.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16756: Mar 04, 2018 11:15:18 pm
      I agree and I don't dislike Rafa and know he did okay here, I just think he's a bit outspoken and I don't agree with what he says at times. The Klopp comment was a bit cheeky really and I do think Rafa envies Klopp a bit.

I would say Rafa should love to be back here, but I don't believe he would intentionally insult a Liverpool manager.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #16757: Mar 04, 2018 11:30:25 pm
      Yes he has to win trophies, no one can dispute that, But why as a former manager of Liverpool, managing a team you could not stop being relegated two seasons ago, and are once again in a relegation dog fight would you (Rafa) bring up the fact that Klopp as not won a trophy unless you are...

(c) Believes that he hold the affectation of the Fans that once you, yourself held

(d) are deluded enough to believe that the majority of fans would have you back in a heart beat (He may have a point on that one)

(e) you are trying to signal to FSG that you are willing to come back to the club should Klopp fail to win trophies

Klopp will win Trophies because he is not afraid to set his teams up to go for it unlike Rafa...

Looked at the way he set up Newcastle. 4-4 1-1...4-5-1, hoping to hang in there and frustrate and maybe nick one at the end. While teams like Huddersfield,Brighton, even Bournemouth will go for the win...

This post made my jaw drop.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #16758: Mar 04, 2018 11:57:00 pm
      Haha the whole "he won the Champions League with Houllier's squad" is the greatest bullshit ever.

First: Houllier would never have won the Champions League with that squad.

Second: that squad was f**king sh*te! Winning the Champions League with it was the stuff of genius.

We had a few good players, a couple of great ones, but it was so full of significant holes it would make our current squad look like Brazil 1970! A dodgy keeper, one of the worst left backs I've ever seen, not a single consistent winger, no reliable goalscorer.

Winning the Champions League by beating two semifinalists from the previous season in group stage, then the likes of Juventus, Chelsea and Milan with the "Houllier squad" actually makes me respect him far more! And he nearly repeated it 2 seasons later, only to lose to a f**king deflected goal. I can't think of one single manager today that would have been able to do that, Klopp and his rubbish cup finals record included.

Guess what. Liverpool managers do have to win trophies. I'm enjoying Klopp but until he gives us some important silverware Rafa will continue to be the best manager we had during my time as a LFC fan.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16759: Mar 04, 2018 11:59:28 pm
      that squad was f**king sh*te! Winning the Champions League with it was the stuff of genius
      I wouldn't go as far as sh*te, but we were underdogs in every game. In a way it is slightly akin to Leicester winning the PL.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #16760: Mar 05, 2018 12:02:46 am
      We knocked out one of the best sides Juventus ever had with Scott Carson, Djimi Traoré, Anthony Le Tallec, Igor Biscan... I guess I should be thanking Houllier for that! F***ing bollocks.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #16761: Mar 05, 2018 12:49:00 am
      I think the only ‘jelously’ Rafa will feel towards Klopp is as much as Fenway aren’t everyone’s cup of tea they would be Rafa’s dream come true in comparison to the goons he had to deal with.
      In addition I’m sometimes critical of Klopp on this forum but can’t be just now we are cracking on nicely, exciting time to be a Liverpool fan just now. Don’t think we’ll win the champions league but I hope we give at least one other team a bloody nose this season (football gods hear my prayer, Liverpool vrs Barcelona CL quarters pretty please)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #16762: Mar 05, 2018 06:03:44 am

Wow, you’re clearly on a wind up
      firminofanboy1
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | 15 
      Reply #16763: Mar 05, 2018 09:21:11 am
      Benitez > Klopp

Without a doubt. One wins things, the other plays attractive and sexy football. Rafa took us to 2 UCL finals. He's one of the best managers in Liverpool history.

Some would go for the latter I guess  (ones that go to the matches ?) but trophies and winning beats entertainment so yeah peak Rafa over peak Klopp anyway.

I'm hoping Jürgen will win something next year with the players we are lining up but Pep at City is going to be tough to derail. They are quite a bit ahead of the rest of the Premier league sides (already 1.5 to win next seasons title, madness).

Klopp has come out and said we are playing a full team v Porto. This is why I sometimes against him. He has no common sense. It is his downfall as a coach. We should be resting players for those Manc bas**rds on Saturday.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16764: Mar 05, 2018 10:10:34 am
      I wouldn't swap Jürgen for any other manager in the world right now. In not saying he's the best (he's right up there though), but he is the perfect fit for Liverpool.

We were never going to win the League with Houllier but he made us a force in Europe and put our name back on the European map again. Rafa was really starting to put something together before he was shafted by H&G. Rafa did have some good players in the team when he signed. Hyypia, Riise, Dudek, Finnan, and Hamman were all signed by Houllier and played a huge part in the CL win, so to say Rafa inherited a sh*t team is BS! Rafa took what he had and added the players that were needed  to win the CL.

Rafa is getting heat for the position Newcastle are in, I can tell you now Mourinho, Conte, Pep wouldn't even have took on that challenge, so fair play to Rafa for trying, but he's fighting a losing battle with Mike Ashley in charge.
      « Last Edit: Mar 05, 2018 01:57:50 pm by ORCHARD RED »
      Kopite78
      Reply #16765: Mar 05, 2018 10:11:09 am
      Why is this even being discussed?

Rafa was a superb manager for us, a brilliant brilliant manager who was also a very good a generous man who 'got us.

Jürgen is doing a very good job so far, he is the first manager since Rafa that is starting to get us consistently back on track after a terrible decade truth be told. He is getting us into a position to win things again, getting a squad worthy of our name, in arguably a more competitive league now.

Both good men, both good manager's. Why use one to discredit the other?

You know what would be nice if we could appreciate our old successful manager's, hold them in the gratitude they deserve, thank them and to a degree worship their achievements. Period.. all of them.
      I loved Rafa, I loved Gerard, I loved Kenny.. they gave me some of my greatest days as a red..

Success has many fathers

Some of yous are weird.. it's like you getting a new girlfriend (a stretch I know but stay with me for the sake of the analagy).. but saying to her after you have had sex( again a stretch I know) Look you're alright at it.. but my girlfriend I had 3 ago she was better at it than you.

Rafa was boss

Jürgen is boss

If you want to slag a Liverpool manager off there's an owl looking c**t in South London prime for this sh*t
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #16766: Mar 05, 2018 10:14:37 am
      Why is this even being discussed?

Rafa was a superb manager for us, a brilliant brilliant manager who was also a very good a generous man who 'got us.

Jürgen is doing a very good job so far, he is the first manager since Rafa that is starting to get us consistently back on track after a terrible decade truth be told. He is getting us into a position to win things again, getting a squad worthy of our name, in arguably a more competitive league now.

Both good men, both good manager's. Why use one to discredit the other?

You know what would be nice if we could appreciate our old successful manager's, hold them in the gratitude they deserve, thank them and to a degree worship their achievements. Period.. all of them.
      I loved Rafa, I loved Gerard, I loved Kenny.. they gave me some of my greatest days as a red..

Success has many fathers

Some of yous are weird.. it's like you getting a new girlfriend (a stretch I know but stay with me for the sake of the analagy).. but saying to her after you have had sex( again a stretch I know) Look you're alright at it.. but my girlfriend I had 3 ago she was better at it than you.

Rafa was boss

Jürgen is boss

If you want to slag a Liverpool manager off there's an owl looking c**t in South London prime for this sh*t

Spot on.

Weird fuckers.

Quick Reply