Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528051 times
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,169 posts | 520 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16951: Apr 06, 2018 09:00:27 am
      I honestly didn't want to give you the satisfaction of giving you a response, because frankly, I don't even read what you post 99% of the time, but oh well. You say nobody likes a "told you so"? Half your posts are you crawling up your own arse and pointing to so called predicitions you supposedly made in the past, you hypocrit.

You don't seem to get my point. I don't see what playing Moreno, Mignolet, not buying Van Dijk and making late substitutions have to do with being tactically naive. I've been following Klopp and watching his teams play long before he arrived at Liverpool and I knew exactly what to expect. I've been calling for patience with him and several of our new players since his arrival. If I recall correctly, you are one of those who wanted him out for picking certain players. You change your opinion as you go along. One week it's this, the other week it's that. As long as it suits your agenda.

You say I'm not a deep thinker? Perhaps you're looking in the mirror, because all the points you're making we're all due to different circumstances, often not even by his own choice. Perhaps you should think a little bit deeper yourself and have a look at the circumstances in which he was forced to make certain decisions.

1. Picking Mignolet for so long. If you think Ward will ever be a Liverpool standard goal keeper, you're wrong. Even at Huddersfield he was distinctly average. Karius had just been ripped to shreds by both our own fans and the media after the Bournemouth and West-Ham games. Have you ever heard of player management? Had he continued playing Karius, I doubt he'd be where he is today. Mignolet being given a new contract was all about protecting an asset and maintaining it's value. It was never Klopp's plan to continue with Mignolet, but given the circumstances, he had no other choice. As soon as he saw the opportunity to drop him again for Karius, he did. I don't expect you to understand, though. You think it's just as easy as picking option A or option B without having any regard for the consequences and a player's  state of mind. Has Klopp changed? Has he gotten 'better'? No, he's still the same as he was back then, his options and the circumstances have changed.

2. Picking Moreno over Robertson. Robertson only arrived this summer and he himself has stated multiple times that the intensity and tactics were something he struggled with early on in the season. Both Klopp and Robertson had come out and said it would take time for him to adapt to the team and the way we play football. Same with Chamberlain who only started playing regularly since January. Moreno had a good start to the season and deservedly was kept in the side. He got injured, Robertson came in and he has been doing very well since then. Again, has Klopp changed? No, he took his time with a new player and slowly introduced him into the starting eleven.

3. Van Dijk. Talks with van Dijk started well before the summer window started. Was it Klopp's fault that Van Dijk only arrived in January? Does Van Dijk's arrival suddenly change Klopp from being a medicore manager to a good manager? As soon as he arrived, he started playing him. He used the options he had to the best of his ability prior to Van Dijk's arrival.

4. Making substitutions earlier. What if, god forbid, he didn't make earlier substitutions during his first two seasons here because he thought his bench options were no good? Why do you think it's this season he starts making substitutions earlier? Is it perhaps because he has a bit more squad depth and more options to actually choose from? Might it again be the circumstances that allow him to make better decisions? One thing I'll give you, he struggled with the festive / January period last season. He adapted and changed his approach straight away this season, because you know, that's what world class managers do.

So in the space of 4 months, you have gone from "Klopp is a poor manager, I want him gone because he keeps picking Mignolet and can't play Van Dijk because the people who deal with transfers fu**ed up." to "He is a fantastic manager who can win the CL and might go down in history as one of our best managers ever". You just make it up as you go along. Klopp hasn't changed one bit. His options and the circumstances have changed. He's been worldclass since his Dortmund days, bringing them from almost having to stop as a football club to winning the Bundesliga and taking them to CL finals. Yes, we have to judge him on what he has done or will do at Liverpool, but he has done far better already than any other manager ever could have done and he will continue to make us better.

How's that for typing a certain amount of words? F**k me.

Here's an emote for you:  :lmao:

Very well put, Rib would make a good politician,  in as much as changes tact mid stream when things are not going well on previous posts he has done.
      Here in my opinion is a better or more suited emote for him.  :mad:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16952: Apr 06, 2018 09:55:16 am

Shut up Manc, get back on redcafe.  :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #16953: Apr 06, 2018 12:58:46 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      Watching the game last nite you could see the buzz with the fans.

Still can't get my head round the defence. You've gone from sh*te to pretty solid with just one new player in the ranks (VVD) Seriously it's very impressive.

Next weeks second leg can't come quick enough for me.  :D Gods knows how you lot are feeling.  ;D Plenty of goals looks a cert.

Tbh, we'd be quite happy with as few goals as possible. Even a 0-0 draw would do. I'm sure you could give us a few tips.

You've been told for weeks, even months that our defence has improved. Now with VVD around, it's even more so.

But at least you watched us. That's all you can do in European competitions these days, watch. I wonder if it really was what one of your pundits once described it, "like a choice of two blokes to nick your wife".

The fans did what the fans do, turn up the heat on the opposition, not spend 90 minutes looking for prawn sandwiches and wifi for their phones, that are not left next to pipes down the bog.

You see big European nights are now a manc-free zone. And everyone, even the noisy neighbours, can enjoy that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16954: Apr 06, 2018 01:29:17 pm
      Tbh, we'd be quite happy with as few goals as possible. Even a 0-0 draw would do. I'm sure you could give us a few tips.

You've been told for weeks, even months that our defence has improved. Now with VVD around, it's even more so.

But at least you watched us. That's all you can do in European competitions these days, watch. I wonder if it really was what one of your pundits once described it, "like a choice of two blokes to nick your wife".

The fans did what the fans do, turn up the heat on the opposition, not spend 90 minutes looking for prawn sandwiches and wifi for their phones, that are not left next to pipes down the bog.

You see big European nights are now a manc-free zone. And everyone, even the noisy neighbours, can enjoy that.

Thats some rub down thank you.  ;D  You've still won nothing in ten years so don't get cocky just yet  :D
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #16955: Apr 07, 2018 03:59:37 pm
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #16956: Apr 07, 2018 09:01:07 pm
      I’ve questioned Klopp a little before on this thread but I now can’t quite believe he is our manager. Special manager special person
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #16957: Apr 07, 2018 09:11:19 pm
      Thats some rub down thank you.  ;D  You've still won nothing in ten years so don't get cocky just yet  :D

He's being cocky in a Liverpool Football Club fan forum?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #16958: Apr 08, 2018 01:25:28 am

Six years you manc tw*t - the league cup still counts as a F***ing trophy.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16959: Apr 08, 2018 07:19:06 am
      Six years you manc tw*t - the league cup still counts as a f**king trophy.

Oh that's right  :D the one you call Micky mouse cup when you lads not in it  ;D
      I should of put one in ten years.  :D
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #16960: Apr 08, 2018 02:52:33 pm
      Assuming we get past City on Tuesday night we just look a bit short of depth and talent beyond the first 11 don't we? A few injuries here and there and we look barely able to cope. I know that Klopp is very patient with his transfer dealings but I can't help look at someone like Aubameyang at Arsenal and wonder why we weren't in for him. After a slow start he has hit his stride and looks perfect for the epl and he would have suited us because he can play anywhere across the front 3. With Lallana's season seemingly over (not that he has looked too good since he came back from injury) the drop off when one of our front three is unavailable is massive.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #16961: Apr 08, 2018 04:35:58 pm
      Oh that's right  :D the one you call Micky mouse cup when you lads not in it  ;D
      I should of put one in ten years.  :D

We've still won 5 - you know the competition Gary Nev says marks us out as still the most successful team in the country!!

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16962: Apr 09, 2018 07:22:09 am
      We've still won 5 - you know the competition Gary Nev says marks us out as still the most successful team in the country!!

Since when have any of you guys believed anything of what  Neville says.  :D We caught and passed you in the League, it's only when we pass you in CL as well.  :f_whistle:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #16963: Apr 09, 2018 09:49:24 am
      Since when have any of you guys believed anything of what  Neville says.  :D We caught and passed you in the League, it's only when we pass you in CL as well.  :f_whistle:

Hmmm well that should take you c.50 years based on form to date in the competition Keith.

I’m pretty sure (and so are you I reckon) that we’ll win at least one more in that time ;)

The Redmen are on the rise under Jürgen......be afraid 🔥
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #16964: Apr 09, 2018 04:15:18 pm

Since he became the unbiased voice of Sky Sports :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #16965: Apr 09, 2018 04:18:29 pm

And yet you're only TWO ahead, it's not exactly racking up a massive total that would take us years to catch, plus I doubt we'll get relegated either 8)

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16966: Apr 09, 2018 06:13:16 pm
      Hmmm well that should take you c.50 years based on form to date in the competition Keith.

I’m pretty sure (and so are you I reckon) that we’ll win at least one more in that time ;)

The Redmen are on the rise under Jürgen......be afraid 🔥

No doubt on the rise mate and its all down to Klopp dispite some of you fans who what him sacked  ;D One thing against you presently is still no back up when/if you have injuries. Your bench extremely poor. However, credit where credit it due, you guys playing well.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16967: Apr 09, 2018 06:14:49 pm
      And yet you're only TWO ahead, it's not exactly racking up a massive total that would take us years to catch, plus I doubt we'll get relegated either 8)

Yeah but how many was we behind  ;)
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #16968: Apr 09, 2018 11:22:58 pm
      Closet Liverpool fan you lad
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16969: Apr 09, 2018 11:50:09 pm

Who me!  :f_whistle:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #16970: Apr 10, 2018 07:23:12 am
      Manc tw*t
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16971: Apr 10, 2018 10:49:09 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16972: Apr 10, 2018 10:15:01 pm
      This Jürgen bloke isn't bad is he. He is actually the a strange mix of Shank's, Paisley, Kenny and Rafa not a bad mix.
      bigred74
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #16973: Apr 10, 2018 10:19:18 pm
      Sells his best player (allegedly) in January then beats the prem league champions 5 - 1 on agg in cl qf...

Quick Reply