Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1518406 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16997: Apr 11, 2018 12:20:36 pm
      I think he should be sacked.  :f_tongueincheek: Doesn't communicate with the fans, never smiles, no plan b,  can't speak a word of English and just because he's Liverpool manager.  ;D

Off subject slightly, Would VAR made it 2-0? before you scored?

Not according to offside Law 11. The ball came off Milner accidently, which still leaves Sane offside. Has to be a deliberate play by an opponent to play Sane onside.

Thats my reading of Law 11...
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #16998: Apr 11, 2018 12:33:00 pm

Off subject slightly, Would VAR made it 2-0? before you scored?

Probably but neither VAR or any of the city players was going to score another 4 to put us out.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #16999: Apr 11, 2018 12:54:13 pm
      Can we sign Jürgen to a lifetime contract? Get it done JWH.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17000: Apr 11, 2018 02:07:13 pm
      Wouldn't have made much difference in my opinion, was never worried, I thought before the match that City would need to score maybe 5 goals to stand a chance because we were always gonna score  ;)

Yeah to be fair best team won over the two legs anway, hurts to say but true.  ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #17001: Apr 11, 2018 04:09:33 pm
      Is alright this Jürgen lad..
      bigred74
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #17002: Apr 12, 2018 11:02:40 am
      That 6 year contract was a great piece of business by the owners..
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #17003: Apr 12, 2018 11:14:43 am
      Not according to offside Law 11. The ball came off Milner accidently, which still leaves Sane offside. Has to be a deliberate play by an opponent to play Sane onside.

Thats my reading of Law 11...

We did get done by that very same law earlier in the season when the ball came off Lovren. Not sure that Millers touch was accidental but I'll take that!

As for whether VAR would have overturned it? Yeah it probably would of but VAR can do one. I'd rather live with the occasional dodgy decisions going for or against us. This World Cup will be farcical wit VAR, just watch them Make a complete F**k up of the whole thing.

Going back to Klopp. Love him to bits, can can anyone not. There's going to be a couple of big clubs looking at him enviously this summer, especially if we somehow get our hands on Big Ears for the 6th time. Important the board give him their absolute backing. With the right amount of spending we could really be on to something here. Have to keep this current squad together and add another 3-4 top players to make it happen though.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #17004: Apr 12, 2018 06:30:48 pm
      Quote from Scottbot
      We did get done by that very same law earlier in the season when the ball came off Lovren. Not sure that Millers touch was accidental but I'll take that!

As for whether VAR would have overturned it? Yeah it probably would of but VAR can do one. I'd rather live with the occasional dodgy decisions going for or against us. This World Cup will be farcical wit VAR.

If it gets the right decisions, I'm happy for it to be as farcical as needs be.

All the talk since the game in the media has been about that incident, rather than the brilliance of Salah or the coolness of Firmino's finish, or the fact we won by 4 clear goals. There's even a thread dedicated to it. Hamann has gone further and said we didn't play well over the two games.

VAR won't be doing one, it's on the way. Could be a final, semi, league decider, whatever, but we've already had it in a cup game correcting calls. So it works, and we're going to need it again sooner rather than later.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #17005: Apr 12, 2018 09:30:12 pm
      If it gets the right decisions, I'm happy for it to be as farcical as needs be.

All the talk since the game in the media has been about that incident, rather than the brilliance of Salah or the coolness of Firmino's finish, or the fact we won by 4 clear goals. There's even a thread dedicated to it. Hamann has gone further and said we didn't play well over the two games.

VAR won't be doing one, it's on the way. Could be a final, semi, league decider, whatever, but we've already had it in a cup game correcting calls. So it works, and we're going to need it again sooner rather than later.

I know your a fan but for me it fundamentally kills the nature of football. Particularly at the ground. I don't wanna wait 2 minutes to celebrate a goal, nothing beats that feeling in football and VAR will take the gloss off it a little bit for me. And before they use it they need to figure out how they are going to go about it. There doesn't seem to be any sort of standardised approach. They haven't agreed what is and isn't off-side, when they draw that line across the pitch and a strikers arm is off-side does that make him off-side? or his head? I don't believe there is any consensus. It's far from being ready and that will be proved at this World Cup. At least the Premier League have rejected it for next season. Maybe it'll go away for a few seasons like it did in the NFL so they can refine it and bring it back in. It works brilliantly in the NFL but it's a deadball sport. VAR works well in deadball sports.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #17006: Apr 12, 2018 10:25:04 pm
      Nobody is stopping anyone celebrating a goal scored. Whether it will actually stand or not is another matter.

City thought they had made it 0-2, but then they had to stop celebrating. Whether it takes 2 seconds or 2 minutes, it all amounts to the same thing at the end of the day, no goal.

VAR will be more efficient at the WC, and every incident is subject to confirmation. The fans will be aware of that by just looking at the video screens. But we will get the right decision in the end, made by the officials on an informed basis. So you won't have goalkeepers shoving referees around the pitch, and coaches getting sent to the stands, nursing grudges.

They're still talking about the offside goal in the media, and this forum now. And complaining that it changed the game. To me it's a side issue, we won 5-1, so there's no debate over who deserved to win.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17007: Apr 12, 2018 10:34:22 pm
      That 6 year contract was a great piece of business by the owners..

Was.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17008: Apr 13, 2018 07:45:00 pm
      Nobody is stopping anyone celebrating a goal scored. Whether it will actually stand or not is another matter.

City thought they had made it 0-2, but then they had to stop celebrating. Whether it takes 2 seconds or 2 minutes, it all amounts to the same thing at the end of the day, no goal.

VAR will be more efficient at the WC, and every incident is subject to confirmation. The fans will be aware of that by just looking at the video screens. But we will get the right decision in the end, made by the officials on an informed basis. So you won't have goalkeepers shoving referees around the pitch, and coaches getting sent to the stands, nursing grudges.

They're still talking about the offside goal in the media, and this forum now. And complaining that it changed the game. To me it's a side issue, we won 5-1, so there's no debate over who deserved to win.

As you may know VAR is not happening next season as the Premier league clubs voted against it. They want more trials ect.
      So Spurs and Dele the diver can get away with it for another season.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #17009: Apr 14, 2018 12:19:53 am
      Got us fine dining at the table of European footy once more ...

Title next season is on, feel very confident..
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #17010: Apr 14, 2018 08:00:10 pm

We have scored 300 goals since Jürgen Klopp took charge.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17011: Apr 14, 2018 08:08:32 pm
      funny how none of the experts mention our defence after 8 or 9 clean sheets in the last 14 or 15 games. Jürgen has improved all of this team incredibly and this  his second  full season.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17012: Apr 14, 2018 08:45:57 pm
      Won't be a fourgon conclusion that Klopp will actually win trophies. So many things can still go wrong.It's all great at the minute and if we don't make the final it will still be a great season. The challenge is then on to turn great seasons into title winning and cup winning seasons.

We will need to keep our front 3 and add to it with genuine quality. Again in midfield Keita will strengthen the options. I don't necessarily think we need to fork out that much on defense. If Mig and Moreno go then yes.

World cup will throw up some options possible but we can't expect to overtake City or the others automatically. But at least we are in the vanguard.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #17013: Apr 14, 2018 11:52:23 pm
      Last goal conceded from a corner was in January.

That was supposed to be one of our weakest links, that Klopp had to be questioned about. Nobody talks about it now.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17014: Apr 15, 2018 01:14:27 am
      Last goal conceded from a corner was in January.

That was supposed to be one of our weakest links, that Klopp had to be questioned about. Nobody talks about it now.

Wow, that's when VVD signed, coincidence, me thinks not!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #17015: Apr 16, 2018 06:20:52 pm
      After the most silly ban ever I'm back with this inconvenient truth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miaODobRlgc

Didi didn't even mention the most important point: We just got luckier! That's the difference from now to 6 months ago. E.g. without Salah's offside goal in the 1st leg and with two legal goals of City and with the City ball going to the inside post and in, instead of out, a lot would have looked different. We ride on Ms. Fortuna currently and I hope Klopp and the owners realize: we need another top class player next season besides Keita or things could get ugly very easily.
      kevonio
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts | 31 
      Reply #17016: Apr 16, 2018 06:25:38 pm

Didi didn't even mention the most important point: We just got luckier! That's the difference from now to 6 months ago. E.g. without Salah's offside goal in the 1st leg and with two legal goals of City and with the City ball going to the inside post and in, instead of out, a lot would have looked different. We ride on Ms. Fortuna currently and I hope Klopp and the owners realize: we need another top class player next season besides Keita or things could get ugly very easily.
      it's called football. you win some, you lose some. you get lucky or are unlucky. we f**king won you silly tw*t and we did it with style. go and crawl back under the rock you came from under.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17017: Apr 16, 2018 06:34:13 pm

How sad must you be to come back after a 90 day ban and write this sh*t. Is your life so devoid of any joy and purpose that you could only come up with THAT after 90 days? Doesn't even register in the top 50% of top WUMMERY on this forum let alone the whole internet. What a strange, sad individual you are.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17018: Apr 16, 2018 07:05:37 pm

We need that special signing so that we are never offside again.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #17019: Apr 16, 2018 07:12:45 pm

RTE's coverage of football is shambolic. Negativity and drivel. Eamon Dumphy has more right commenting of cattle than football, a complete boneheaded moron. Didi clearly says we deserved to go through here over the two legs. We won 5-1 on aggregate and we are playing the best football in the world right now.

Your 'silly ban' was for being a negative WUM. You're saying beating City 5-1 wasn't good enough and we got 'lucky'. Ban doesn't look so silly to me.

Quick Reply