Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526371 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #17089: Apr 18, 2018 09:31:49 pm
      It's a great video but keep it was done for the kit release...It would be nice if it was done for inspirational purposes alone...but in the end it's all about marketing and selling shirts.
      Of course mate but that’s just business. Regardless of the reason it has been done, still judging it on its own merits, the video is spot on.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #17090: Apr 18, 2018 09:35:58 pm
      It's a great video but keep it was done for the kit release...It would be nice if it was done for inspirational purposes alone...but in the end it's all about marketing and selling shirts.

Obviously it's marketing. Can't expect fans to take all that guff in one go. But the implicit message rings true. We are unique..blah blah......but there isn't a club on this planet that doesn't make the same claim. It's just we are the only genuine ones..
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17091: Apr 18, 2018 10:53:09 pm
      It's just we are the only genuine ones..

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #17092: Apr 21, 2018 08:44:12 am
      Jürgen must now be one of the longest coaches in a EPL job.

25 years ago, people used to laugh at Jesus Gil for sacking an Atletico Madrid coach seemingly every month. Nowadays, some EPL clubs go through at least two per season. With no guarantee of success, or even enough stability in order for them to do the job.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #17093: Apr 21, 2018 10:04:28 am
      https://www.google.gr/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-boss-Jürgen-klopp-reveals-14553466.amp.                     
      He's made his planning,LFC final stop.

By 2022 he will have won everything with the club.

« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2018 10:13:28 am by nikos »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17094: Apr 21, 2018 11:32:49 am

Everything is marketing.

But it encapsulates everything about the club and doesn't shove anything corporate down your throat. Perfect video.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17095: Apr 21, 2018 11:36:38 am
      Has it been proffered on here that Jürgen and management played Barcelona like a drum?
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #17096: Apr 21, 2018 02:42:23 pm
      Jürgen has gotten most things right for the past few months, but keeping both Moreno and Gomez on for the whole 90 minutes against a team that rely on crosses to score was an awful decision.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17097: Apr 21, 2018 02:44:34 pm
      Any one seen his interview just then, he was pissed bout the dry pitch and said they can play their dry pitches in the Championship next year!!! Boom!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #17098: Apr 21, 2018 02:48:35 pm
      Any one seen his interview just then, he was pissed bout the dry pitch and said they can play their dry pitches in the Championship next year!!! Boom!
      Haha I did like that bit.

Didn’t like the tone of his interview though. Need to try show a bit more grace when things don’t go your way. We don’t need Klopp to highlight refereeing decisions, that will happen in the match analysis.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17099: Apr 21, 2018 02:49:48 pm

Didn’t like the tone of his interview though. Need to try show a bit more grace when things don’t go your way. We don’t need Klopp to highlight refereeing decisions, that will happen in the match analysis.

Yep, just wasn't like him.

Was a good one though!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #17100: Apr 21, 2018 02:50:26 pm
      In no way should we have gone 5-4-1. We aren't a bus park team. Klopp had a silly idea there.. if you have too many defenders you always expect somebody else to deal with it and nobody does.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17101: Apr 21, 2018 02:57:38 pm

Frustration. Much rather that than looking like he couldn’t give a damn.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #17102: Apr 21, 2018 03:01:00 pm
      Frustration. Much rather that than looking like he couldn’t give a damn.
      I get that mate but there is a balance.

Let’s not forget how quick we are to criticise opposition managers when they focus on refereeing decisions. Pep for one. I also think Pep managed the post match interviews after our game far better than Klopp did today.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,866 posts | 165 
      Reply #17103: Apr 21, 2018 03:36:00 pm
      Must know what dead wood needs dumping now.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #17104: Apr 21, 2018 04:06:01 pm
      In no way should we have gone 5-4-1. We aren't a bus park team. Klopp had a silly idea there.. if you have too many defenders you always expect somebody else to deal with it and nobody does.
      We were playing West Brom, Not a in form Barca'.... Barring Injury, why would you go with Five defenders...??
      I can't count just how many times we have been leading a game to see Klopp bring on a Defender and go 5-4-1 and invite pressure on to our defense and end up drawing a game we should have won...

Klopp is a great fit for LFC and I love his philosophy, and his enthusiasm for the game, but ffs his naivety and lack of learn from his mistakes are becoming almost unforgivable
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #17105: Apr 21, 2018 04:10:41 pm
      We were playing West Brom, Not a in form Barca'.... Barring Injury, why would you go with Five defenders...??
      I can't count just how many times we have been leading a game to see Klopp bring on a Defender and go 5-4-1 and invite pressure on to our defense and end up drawing a game we should have won...

Klopp is a great fit for LFC and I love his philosophy, and his enthusiasm for the game, but ffs his naivety and lack of learn from his mistakes are becoming almost unforgivable

“Almost unforgivable”. This was so dramatic I almost had to check my wife didn’t write it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #17106: Apr 21, 2018 04:32:41 pm

One for the knee jerk thread?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17107: Apr 21, 2018 05:25:19 pm

actually that may be intentional in managing the team psyche before Tuesday's match. As you note, he doesn't usually do this, but three days before Roma he probably didn't want to start picking apart shortcomings in the performance, team or individuals.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #17108: Apr 21, 2018 05:45:38 pm
      Jürgen Klopp is 5 years older than Brendan Rodgers. I'm quite surprised. I thought Klopp was younger than Rodgers.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #17109: Apr 21, 2018 05:49:58 pm
      to be fair, 5-4-1 is a disastrous formation. I do hope Klopp recognises that. Having Firmino in a 5-4-1 when his strengths come from working with other strikers made it a double blow. There was no reason to bring Ings off. He should have gotten the 90 or changed for Solanke.
      Harrisimo

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #17110: Apr 21, 2018 05:56:45 pm
      to be fair, 5-4-1 is a disastrous formation. I do hope Klopp recognises that. Having Firmino in a 5-4-1 when his strengths come from working with other strikers made it a double blow. There was no reason to bring Ings off. He should have gotten the 90 or changed for Solanke.

But is it back to square one with the goalkeep. If you want to win the title you have to have a keeper that can dominate the 6 yard box. We have one who doesn't even compete for the ball in the air over and around the 6 yard box.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #17111: Apr 21, 2018 07:52:39 pm
      Jürgen Klopp is 5 years older than Brendan Rodgers. I'm quite surprised. I thought Klopp was younger than Rodgers.

Not younger.

Much, much better.

Quick Reply