Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526719 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #17112: Apr 21, 2018 07:53:37 pm
      But is it back to square one with the goalkeep. If you want to win the title you have to have a keeper that can dominate the 6 yard box. We have one who doesn't even compete for the ball in the air over and around the 6 yard box.

Did the best with what he had.

Got zero protection from 2 fullbacks and one cb today.

An inform keeper.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #17113: Apr 21, 2018 07:56:34 pm
      Some of the sh*t on here today is utterly f***in ludicrous.

We WILL get 4th at worst and this point takes us closer.

We don’t NEED to beat Chelsea - they NEED to beat us. That’s candy from a baby to this attack........

The shallowness of the squad is still there - he knows that.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #17114: Apr 21, 2018 08:34:39 pm
      “Almost unforgivable”. This was so dramatic I almost had to check my wife didn’t write it.

Then hats off to her

Klopp as done plenty right since joining the club, has made a few mistake here and there, that's understandable, but this is the same mistake he has made time after time, and it has cost us time and time again...
      Of the majority of the games were we have lead, and ending up either with a point, or the loss it as been down to the same thing.Bring on another defender and going three at the back, a 5-4-1 if you will...

All this does is to invite extra pressure on to a wobble defense... Yes we have been better in defense of lately since the arrival of VVD, but even the best defender has his off days and today VVD was not the most solid he has been for us.
      Now this could have been down to both Moreno, and Gomez both playing poorly, either way we were not at our best in the back for today...

So "Knee jerk"  No...
      Kopite78
      Reply #17115: Apr 21, 2018 09:28:44 pm

Just utter F***ing drivel
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #17116: Apr 21, 2018 09:30:22 pm
      Is right
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #17117: Apr 21, 2018 09:47:23 pm
      Really... The facts say other wise
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #17118: Apr 21, 2018 10:17:05 pm
      The facts are,

1) Next game is UCL semi against Roma
      2) We are 8 points clear of 5th
      3) We have reinforcements coming in the summer
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #17119: Apr 21, 2018 10:56:52 pm
      We’re going to finish in the top 4 chill out folks
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17120: Apr 22, 2018 08:59:33 am
      We’re going to finish in the top 4 chill out folks

I agree this was a blip with a team filled with secondary players, especially in defence, but it was in hindsight silly to bring on Lovren and take of Mo. With the removal off Mo, we lost all our attacking ability, not that we had that much yesterday, and we invited pressure. I'm quite sure Jürgen knows he fu**ed up a bit there but he probably considered it was worth the risk for protecting Mo.
      At the end of the day we got a point, which may prove very important come the end of the season, plus no injuries.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #17121: Apr 22, 2018 09:25:15 am
      The facts are,

1) Next game is UCL semi against Roma
      2) We are 8 points clear of 5th
      3) We have reinforcements coming in the summer

That all well and great, but if you're making the same mistakes over and over the above means very little... What I said above has been true, Maybe not as true of this season,(but last season yes) it as cost us, but that is only due to the amount of goals we have scored against other teams this season.

Everytime Klopp takes off a Midfielder/Striker for a defender and we go to a back three we invite relentless pressure on ourselves, and as like yesterday with our defense; one and all not having the best of games  it has, and will continue to cost us...

Do that at this stage in the CL 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #17122: Apr 22, 2018 10:05:30 pm

You’ll take any opportunity to take a swipe at Klopp. Maybe you aren’t cut out for supporting this club if you don’t see what a God send Klopp has been for us. It boggles the mind that anyone could suggest he’s not up to task.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #17123: Apr 23, 2018 08:26:32 am
      You’ll take any opportunity to take a swipe at Klopp. Maybe you aren’t cut out for supporting this club if you don’t see what a God send Klopp has been for us. It boggles the mind that anyone could suggest he’s not up to task.

There’s a few out there just now mate.....almost itching for a setback to give their pish trolling some legitimacy......
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #17124: Apr 23, 2018 01:35:27 pm
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #17125: Apr 23, 2018 03:19:08 pm

One of my mates just sent it me on Twitter as well.

Fascinating insight.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17126: Apr 23, 2018 03:29:07 pm

Fantastic that. Here's the first interview they did back in 2013 that was cited in today's article.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/21/Jürgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-champions-league
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #17127: Apr 23, 2018 05:57:39 pm
      Fantastic that. Here's the first interview they did back in 2013 that was cited in today's article.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/21/Jürgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-champions-league

Also going to be interviewed on Channel 4 News tonight.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #17128: Apr 23, 2018 07:46:45 pm
      Also going to be interviewed on Channel 4 News tonight.

After the break now......
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #17129: Apr 23, 2018 08:00:22 pm
      Jürgen, I love you long time...

Would love to sit in a beer garden with the boss over the summer discussing life & football... Would be amazing that..
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17130: Apr 23, 2018 09:15:55 pm

Despite Liverpool's progress, there have been some who have doubted Klopp's vision for the club - especially when he decided Coutinho could go.

"I know fans were worried it was the wrong move but that kind of money means it is good business," added Warnock.

"And I don't think there are many players Klopp has bought or sold in his time at the club you would say was a terrible buy, or who we are missing.

"In fact, I would hold my hands up and say his transfer business has been incredible. He has not turned his squad over or brought in a massive influx of players. And his approach is good for the dressing room.

"That is another reason why the fans should trust him - he knows what he is doing whether it be tactics, on the training ground or in the transfer market."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43860388

Steve Warnock   Ex Liverpool Player .
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17131: Apr 23, 2018 09:45:55 pm

Yes, that was an interesting read about our Doctor.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #17132: Apr 23, 2018 10:06:27 pm
      Jürgen, I love you long time...

Would love to sit in a beer garden with the boss over the summer discussing life & football... Would be amazing that..

Quoted for truth. He is a wonderful coach / manager to have and my only regret is he did not join us sooner. I truly hope we win many trophies with him, not just because it'd bring success to the team, but because i want Klopp to be remembered as one of our best ever.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #17133: Apr 23, 2018 10:43:31 pm
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #17134: Apr 23, 2018 11:17:55 pm

I do not try, or even dare to tell anyone how to support the club, so what makes you thing that you have the temerity to question my support for Liverpool..??
      Where did I ever say that Klopp was not up to the task...? In fact I believe that I made it clear the he and Liverpool seem to be a perfect fit

Klopp as done plenty right since joining the club, has made a few mistake here and there, that's understandable,

What i did say was that...
      but this is the same mistake he has made time after time, and it has cost us time and time again...
      Of the majority of the games were we have lead, and ending up either with a point, or the loss it as been down to the same thing.Bring on another defender and going three at the back, a 5-4-1 if you will...
      Now if you think questioning a bad decision is showing lack of support for the manager then i am guilty as charge... And I will continue to do so 

Quick Reply