Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1518570 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #17204: Apr 30, 2018 01:03:23 am
      Or maybe it's just a f**king Manc journo trying to spin sh*t ahead of the biggest game for this club in a decade.

It could be, but he’s making a bold claim that would be tough to back off of. Not like a transfer rumor that you could blow off. Saying Buvac is leaving and then he doesn’t, that would pretty much cement you as a shill (even though we know he is anyway). 
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #17205: Apr 30, 2018 01:05:35 am
      It could be, but he’s making a bold claim that would be tough to back off of. Not like a transfer rumor that you could blow off. Saying Buvac is leaving and then he doesn’t, that would pretty much cement you as a shill (even though we know he is anyway). 

He's made plenty of inaccurate calls about us in the past ... what's another.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #17206: Apr 30, 2018 01:25:09 am
      He's made plenty of inaccurate calls about us in the past ... what's another.

Yep, and since people usually only remembers the ones he gets right he can go on writing sh*t all of the time, that’s what the so called ITKs do all the time, they usually only care about likes or RTs.

It’s a bold claim though, but the whole story seems a bit odd to me. I mean I’ve had issues with friends and colleagues in the past and to break a relationship (professional o personal) and has to be a really big problem to beak a 17 year professional relationship, and I believe we would have heard about it before.

siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #17207: Apr 30, 2018 02:10:41 am
      It’s not bullshit guys. I actually noticed there was something off with him during the Roma game. Watch the highlights again he barely stands up from his seat after the goals. No celebrations whatsoever. It looked really weird to me but I thought I was reading into it too much. Now it makes sense.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #17208: Apr 30, 2018 02:14:22 am
      It’s not bullshit guys. I actually noticed there was something off with him during the Roma game. Watch the highlights again he barely stands up from his seat after the goals. No celebrations whatsoever. It looked really weird to me but I thought I was reading into it too much. Now it makes sense.

Until there's a better source than Duncan F***ing Castles I'm still calling bullshit!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #17209: Apr 30, 2018 02:16:53 am
      The timing would be super odd to say the least, but  we can't ever do anything without drama it seems, so it wouldn't surprise me at this point...need 3 more points for top 4, need to hold onto a 3 goal lead for CL Final, and we lose the "brain"  behind our setup? Alright, let's  do this.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #17210: Apr 30, 2018 02:24:50 am
      I think it is time for a Duncan Castles bullsh*t thread, trying to look at the stuff he came out with in the past is hard to find amongst his 10,000,000 Paul Pogba posts.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #17211: Apr 30, 2018 02:40:17 am
      I think it is time for a Duncan Castles bullsh*t thread, trying to look at the stuff he came out with in the past is hard to find amongst his 10,000,000 Paul Pogba posts.

I'd rather swerve and not promote the Jose-loving pr**k!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17212: Apr 30, 2018 04:02:19 am
      Hope Buvac ain't been tapped up for the Rangers No2 role...

Not that this, I don't think, has anything to do with it but I didn't notice him on the bench during the Stoke game. Was he there?
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #17213: Apr 30, 2018 05:03:45 am
      Let us wait until tomorrow for Klopp pre match conference and it will all be cleared.

I think it is all Castles making mischief before this huge game for us. Anything to destabilise Lfc.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #17214: Apr 30, 2018 07:31:27 am
      Not that this, I don't think, has anything to do with it but I didn't notice him on the bench during the Stoke game. Was he there?

Yes he was
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #17215: Apr 30, 2018 07:38:47 am
      Worrying if it's true (which I think it is).
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17216: Apr 30, 2018 10:17:43 am

Cheers mate, don't remember seeing him and even said to myself at one stage, that's weird. Obviously not!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #17217: Apr 30, 2018 11:21:27 am
      Sounds like it’s true (in some sense). Joyce reporting it now saying he’s taking a break, but not leaving the club (yet).
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #17218: Apr 30, 2018 04:19:06 pm
      When is Klopp’s presser?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #17219: Apr 30, 2018 04:24:46 pm

Will most likely be in Rome tomorrow.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17220: May 02, 2018 12:54:46 pm

What makes a Jürgen Klopp player?

Liverpool boss on the qualities he looks for.

Who fits the Jürgen Klopp mould?

The Liverpool manager has brought in 13 players for a total of £225m since taking charge at Anfield and developed a team once again competing for top European honours.

Klopp's recruits have included Mohamed Salah, signed for what now looks a bargain £34m and picking up player of the year awards after scoring 43 goals in all competitions.

So what does it take to work for the charismatic German?

Players with potential, a point to prove and capable of raising their game have attracted the former Borussia Dortmund manager.

Only two of his signings since arriving at Anfield in October 2015 have been over the age of 27.

"I like confident but not too confident," Klopp tells BBC Sport before Liverpool take a 5-2 lead into their Champions League semi-final second leg away to Roma on Wednesday.

"[They need to be] ready for development because when we talk to a player because of the moment he's at in his career, the quality that he brings on the pitch, we expect more.

"We kind of don't want to remain on that level so we want to make the next steps together. So you need to be not a special character but you cannot [sign someone] if it looks a bit tired when you are talking about it. Then you know pretty early that it could be a little bit difficult."

Klopp signings (Player, age when signed, fee)

Marko Grujic, 18, £5.1m   Alex Manninger, 39, Free transfer
      Kamil Grabara, 18, £250,000   Georginio Wijnaldum, 25, £25m
      Sadio Mane, 24, £34m              Mohamed Salah, 25, £34m
      Loris Karius, 22, £4.7m    Dominic Solanke, 19, Fee to be decided by a tribunal
      Joel Matip, 24, Free transfer                    Andy Robertson, 23, £8m
      Ragnar Klavan, 30, £4.2m             Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 25, £35m
                          Virgil van Dijk, 26, £75m

Gorging on goals has become Salah's forte since working under Klopp, helping Liverpool to within touching distance of a first Champions League final for a decade.

And his proficiency alongside Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane has led to him collecting both the Football Writers' Association footballer of the year and Professional Footballers' Association player of the year awards in the same season.

"They need to still have this greed and ambition and all this stuff. I really want that," Klopp continues.

"I want that they understand, or have the tools to understand, the size of club, that it's not too big for them but they can use it for their next step.

"The first thing that makes sense is he's a really good football player otherwise it's a waste of time, but then it's what kind of feeling do you get when you talk to him.

"I didn't know Bobby [Firmino] before I came in. I knew him as a player but not as a person and he's even better as a person than as a player so that makes it quite a nice package."

Klopp tells players as much about himself as he asks them.

"That's how it is. They should know who they are working with. We all know each other from television so that's fine. Probably the first thing that people always think when they see me is you're taller than on TV and that helps to get the conversation started.

"It's a start of a relationship. We have a relationship, we work together, quite intense, and I work for a long period of time and that's why I want to know who I'm working with.

"I don't think I'm a mind-reader, I've just never forgotten how it feels to be as a player," adds Klopp, who says his own undistinguished 11-year career as a player at Mainz has enabled him to empathise with those who work under him.

"You don't have to be a good player to know what a player thinks and I'm a father since I'm 20 so I don't think I had a lot of knowledge about being a father or a leader of a group of young boys at that age, but I learned.

"They are very important to me and not because they have to deliver performance after performance after performance. No, because I know everybody needs help in life - so a little advice here, a word here, maybe a hug from time to time."

Jürgen Klopp was speaking to the BBC's Juliette Ferrington

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43966264
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17221: May 02, 2018 06:12:23 pm
      Lot of these partnerships don't survive. Shows the volatile nature of the job. Wenger seems to be able to stick with his No.2 but many break up along the way. Rodgers got rid of Colin Pasco quickly without a second thought. Ferguson put the boot into Brian Kidd and others.

Clough and Taylor, Mercer and Allison, to name but a few, now klopp and Buvac seem destined for a divorce. Our own boot room probably had many a bust up but stuck at it. Klopp will survive here...as long as he produces a winning team - with or without Buvac.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17222: May 02, 2018 07:02:05 pm
      Lot of these partnerships don't survive. Shows the volatile nature of the job. Wenger seems to be able to stick with his No.2 but many break up along the way. Rodgers got rid of Colin Pasco quickly without a second thought. Ferguson put the boot into Brian Kidd and others.

Clough and Taylor, Mercer and Allison, to name but a few, now klopp and Buvac seem destined for a divorce. Our own boot room probably had many a bust up but stuck at it. Klopp will survive here...as long as he produces a winning team - with or without Buvac.

Except Klopp and Buvac have been working together for 17 years. Rodgers got rid of Pascoe (and Mike Marsh), to save his own skin. I can't see Klopp ever throwing any member of his staff under the bus, especially when we are doing well.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #17223: May 02, 2018 09:45:06 pm
      Jürgen! Oh Jürgen!

Psst

I believe ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581