Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1525250 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #17365: May 27, 2018 04:53:06 pm
      That's how you respond to a loss!

Who is he with though, just random fans?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Reply #17366: May 27, 2018 05:34:27 pm

Plus Peter Krawietz.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,213 posts | 1000 
      Reply #17367: May 27, 2018 05:45:58 pm
      Wouldn’t want any other manager, he get’s us, we get him. He reminds me of another manager we had, can’t quite recall his name, but he came from a small village in Scotland!  :f_whistle: He was the beginning of the really good times! It took time, but it was so worth it!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17368: May 27, 2018 06:14:17 pm

There's another video of him now singing in German. Looks like it was an all-night party with some friends including the singer in a German punk fan who was a Liverpool fan before Klopp came in. Jürgen's wife Ulla is also singing with the group and it appears she is a very happy, affectionate drunk (or she is just happy and affectionate).  :)
      firminofanboy1
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | 15 
      Reply #17369: May 27, 2018 06:50:54 pm
      Ive been critical of Klopp's mentality in finals in the past but he set the team up well last night, we was looking the much better team before Salah got injured. Some things are just out of managers control especially when he has only Lallana and Solanke to pick from on the bench to replace Mo.

That said, if you would of said at the start of the season we would finish 4th, fail to beat the Mancs and win no trophy, I think we would have been pissed and so for me im putting in the "slightly disappointing" category.

At least we are in the UCL again next year which saved the season from being disastrous and hopefully with a bit more luck and a bit more firepower acquired in the summer window, we can go one better :p

I think Jürgen is capable of winning trophies, but the longer the losing run in finals the harder it is to overcome and as fans it gets worrying. I think he desperately needs to pick something up (even a league cup would do) and obviously hit the top 4 (maybe put it up to Citeh??) again next season.

We have played some great football this season so its not been all bad but yeah like i said, I think it doesnt go down as a highly successful one for Jürgen. We have progressed in our play of course we have but we only have 1 trophy in 12 years which for a club of our stature is pathetic.

Just win us something next season Jürgen. Anything :p

green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #17370: May 27, 2018 06:51:12 pm

Die Toten Hosen, quite popular german puk band: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_Toten_Hosen
      Their lead singer is a die-hard Liverpool fan.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,480 posts | 1486 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #17371: May 27, 2018 08:32:33 pm
      Die Toten Hosen, quite popular german puk band: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_Toten_Hosen
      Their lead singer is a die-hard Liverpool fan.
      How the ..... does a German punk band lead singer become a die-hard Liverpool fan?

Love it :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Reply #17372: May 27, 2018 08:37:05 pm
      How the ..... does a German punk band lead singer become a die-hard Liverpool fan?

Love it :D

Probably started supporting us during the late 70s when we beat Moenchengladbach a couple of times!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #17373: May 27, 2018 10:40:42 pm
      3 finals in just over 2 years after a 4 year gap.

Back to back Champions League. Progress no question.
      A win last night would have papered over cracks so maybe recruitment might be stepped up this summer.

Give the man the money to get more Salahs Robbos Virgils Manes Oxs.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #17374: May 27, 2018 11:49:56 pm
      Remember swearing isn't cool kids!Here's the german version on Die Toten Hosen's f/b page.https://www.facebook.com/dietotenhosen/.They are a decent band,do YNWA live,Sami Hyypia is buddies with them i think.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #17375: May 28, 2018 09:14:17 am
      There's another video of him now singing in German. Looks like it was an all-night party with some friends including the singer in a German punk fan who was a Liverpool fan before Klopp came in. Jürgen's wife Ulla is also singing with the group and it appears she is a very happy, affectionate drunk (or she is just happy and affectionate).  :)

My son was talking about that over a drown (and eat) the sorrows bbq we had last night but didn’t have his phone with him so I’ve still not seen it........

There are good times ahead, I’m sure.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #17376: May 28, 2018 09:16:27 am
      Remember swearing isn't cool kids!Here's the german version on Die Toten Hosen's f/b page.https://www.facebook.com/dietotenhosen/.They are a decent band,do YNWA live,Sami Hyypia is buddies with them i think.

;D and now I have watched it - cheers Boston ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17377: May 28, 2018 10:48:38 am
      Thank you Boss for making us Believe again.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17378: May 28, 2018 12:23:15 pm
      I think next year Jürgen has to go back to the way he was when he got here and start enjoying himself when we score he has become inhibited F**k that go mental its a great stress reliever .
      Anfield has to play its part for Jürgen and the lads and not just for CL nights we need more noise more intimidation and please God let there be a game with Real .
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17379: May 28, 2018 01:27:23 pm
      I think next year Jürgen has to go back to the way he was when he got here and start enjoying himself when we score he has become inhibited f**k that go mental its a great stress reliever .
      Anfield has to play its part for Jürgen and the lads and not just for CL nights we need more noise more intimidation and please God let there be a game with Real .

btw, The Echo agrees with you about Liverpool needing to sign a player like Ramos, skilled in dark behavior. I still don't agree, but wanted to credit you with being ahead of the curve on this point.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #17380: May 28, 2018 01:31:16 pm
      btw, The Echo agrees with you about Liverpool needing to sign a player like Ramos, skilled in dark behavior. I still don't agree, but wanted to credit you with being ahead of the curve on this point.

It’s a thin line RTZ.......to put into practice if Mo had been a wee bit more “streetwise” perhaps he’d have gone down under the first contact instead of standing up and engaging Ramos......

I think it’s about picking your battles and a wee bit of devil isn’t a bad thing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6343 
      Reply #17381: May 28, 2018 01:33:06 pm

I think we already have, Keita and to an extent Sadio. Noticed he was after Ramos every chance he got after Mo left.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17382: May 28, 2018 01:43:21 pm
      I think we already have, Keita and to an extent Sadio. Noticed he was after Ramos every chance he got after Mo left.

He was, but I definitely don't want one of our top attacking players to be the one running the risk of getting sent off.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17383: May 28, 2018 01:44:41 pm
      It’s a thin line RTZ.......to put into practice if Mo had been a wee bit more “streetwise” perhaps he’d have gone down under the first contact instead of standing up and engaging Ramos......

I think it’s about picking your battles and a wee bit of devil isn’t a bad thing.

Guess I'm just a sad idealogue.  :)

For all of its heartache, Saturday does make 11 players much more experienced.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #17384: May 28, 2018 01:46:23 pm
      Guess I'm just a sad idealogue.  :)

For all of its heartache, Saturday does make 11 players much more experienced.

No - I’m with you but I also recognise we’ve had legendary teams that made sure no liberties were taken......
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17385: May 28, 2018 01:47:51 pm
      BTW,  Neil Jones reports on Goal that Jürgen will offer Pep Ljinders a staff position again. I don't think it would be assistant manager, but I think Jürgen kind of uses a rotation for that anyway.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Reply #17386: May 28, 2018 02:31:06 pm

Nah we do, we're too F***ing nice, I've said that for a while since Suarez did one.

All our greatest teams had a F***ing arl arse who was good at winding up opponents, knowing how to scare the opposition and knowing when to go down for a free kick etc.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,059 posts | 2745 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #17387: May 28, 2018 05:30:38 pm
      Thanks to the boss for a cracking season. Some cracking football played some serious goals scored.

Were getting there

By the way he showed a few people how to deal with defeat. No bitching or moaning or finger pointing just hit the alesing songs and enjoy life...

Roll on August after hopefullyba good transfer window. We go again

YNWA

Quick Reply