Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528250 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #17388: May 28, 2018 08:00:04 pm
      If we don't get 4 or even 6 really top class players to bolster our very weak squad we cant win the league its just too demanding to have 14 or 15 players covering 4 comps. However I remember Shankly not winning anything for 6 years but playing some incredible attacking football Anfield was completely crazy. (from the Boys pen it seemed that way)
      Give me this season everytime over a complete sh*t fest of dire football the type UTD have suffered this season and still won F**k all.
      So with just a couple of signings we could we be back in a final and top 4 but witnessing some of the best football ever seen at Anfield.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17389: May 28, 2018 10:08:01 pm
      Looks like Jürgen has been busy. Love how this one has been kept  under the radar so well. Also love that we are not waiting until after the World Cup to start bringing in players. He should be on board from the first day of training camp to start being integrated to the system.

Anyone know when that is?

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17390: May 28, 2018 10:52:15 pm
      Looks like Jürgen has been busy. Love how this one has been kept  under the radar so well. Also love that we are not waiting until after the World Cup to start bringing in players. He should be on board from the first day of training camp to start being integrated to the system.

Anyone know when that is?

Early July I expect.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #17391: May 29, 2018 12:46:45 am
      I am so proud of the lads and Jürgen Klopp. We've had an exceptional Season given the restrictions placed on the Squad. This final could have been so different but it wasn't to be. We were all over them until Salah was taken out, from thereon in the game changed.

To take a Squad this thin on talent through 56 games and get to a Champions League final and qualify for Europe is nothing short of phenomenal. Our lack of Squad depth has been exposed but hopefully it is a wake up call for FSG.

No further proof is required to indicate that Klopp is the man to take us to where we need to go. We have absolutely dismantled some of the best sides in Europe.

Well done all and here's looking forward to another excellent Season ahead. 5-6 top quality players and a title challenge is guaranteed.

FSG, it is time to deliver.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #17392: May 29, 2018 12:48:10 am
      Klopp will meet Madrid in another final & this time around he will F***ing tear them a new asshole.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17393: May 29, 2018 12:52:14 am
      Klopp will meet Madrid in another final & this time around he will f**king tear them a new asshole.

We could even get them in the group stage.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #17394: May 29, 2018 12:54:55 am

I really hope we do... Saturdays game confirmed we are the peoples club.

F***ing hate Barca & Madrid.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #17395: May 29, 2018 09:05:40 am
      If we don't get 4 or even 6 really top class players to bolster our very weak squad we cant win the league its just too demanding to have 14 or 15 players covering 4 comps. However I remember Shankly not winning anything for 6 years but playing some incredible attacking football Anfield was completely crazy. (from the Boys pen it seemed that way)
      Give me this season everytime over a complete sh*t fest of dire football the type UTD have suffered this season and still won f**k all.
      So with just a couple of signings we could we be back in a final and top 4 but witnessing some of the best football ever seen at Anfield.

You mean these 6?

https://mobile.twitter.com/StanCollymore/status/1001171358334771200
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #17396: May 29, 2018 09:06:34 am
      Good start to the summer yesterday from Jürgen but its time to bite the bullet and buy a proper keeper.

We are going to be let down again and again by the two average ones we have now and players like Robbo and VVD deserve someone behind them they can rely on.

ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #17397: May 29, 2018 09:13:25 am
      Good start to the summer yesterday from Jürgen but its time to bite the bullet and buy a proper keeper.

We are going to be let down again and again by the two average ones we have now and players like Robbo and VVD deserve someone behind them they can rely on.

I bet he will. There was really nothing more he could do on the touchline. To be let down like that, he’ll feel it more than any one of us. Yet as a leader, he has to lift the squad, address the board and us fans.

We’re almost there. Throw the Coutinho + CL money on a world class keeper. He will change history.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #17398: May 29, 2018 09:18:30 am
      I reckon we need a bit of a clear out, this summer too many players, not good enough to wear the Liverpool shirt. obviously finding replacements the most difficult task.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #17399: May 29, 2018 09:23:40 am
      Further to my last post, we have played some great football under Jürgen Klopp. Although need to sort out defensive & goalkeeping issues, which are costing the side dearly in winning trophies.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #17400: May 29, 2018 10:39:33 am
      Klopp will meet Madrid in another final & this time around he will f**king tear them a new asshole.

I really hope we do... Saturdays game confirmed we are the peoples club.

F***ing hate Barca & Madrid.

One thing forgotten too easily after the madness that ensued post Mo’s injury......

They were in trouble beforehand. Our first team (which was missing at least Ox) had them penned in and we were in control.

I know it’s only xxxx minutes but it will get lost - we had the final in our grasp for the winning with a threadbare squad and an efficient but conservative midfield.

We just need the depth to make changes to influence the game - at the moment it’s for injuries / breather.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17401: May 29, 2018 01:26:58 pm
      The two new midfield players will be interesting we have been so short of a bit of Umph since Stevie left . OX did so well and was proving his doubters wrong with him and the two new lads Gini and Henderson we are starting to build up a reserve of talent for midfield.
      You cant have Milner,Hendo and Gini in the side and expect expansive football but that's what we had on Saturday because that's all we had.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,978 posts | 237 
      Reply #17402: May 29, 2018 01:54:40 pm
      One thing forgotten too easily after the madness that ensued post Mo’s injury......

They were in trouble beforehand. Our first team (which was missing at least Ox) had them penned in and we were in control.

I know it’s only xxxx minutes but it will get lost - we had the final in our grasp for the winning with a threadbare squad and an efficient but conservative midfield.

We just need the depth to make changes to influence the game - at the moment it’s for injuries / breather.

I was telling myself that we need to score and make this period count. At that point I really thought that we had won our battle with stage fright, if any. If I remember correctly, the Madrid players, Kroos (of all people) in particular, started making wayward passes and Trent started bombing forward. In fact he had a shot stopped by Navas. Robbo was also making his runs on the left and Henderson was dictating (sort of). I know people will laugh at this as it could be construed as clutching at straws. It was also evident based on that post match comments that the team believed that they could do it, which is heartening, because Jürgen has been battling to increase the players' belief in themselves for a long time.

In a lot of ways it was a bit like the City game at Etihad. Even though it was early in the season and despite the lack of squad depth, that red card put a full stop to any hopes of challenging for the title.

Like Virgil said, we are the object of ridicule as far as rival fans are concerned. But, deep down they must be jealous of everything concerned with LFC - the manager, the brand of football and the class that the players showed after losing to bad luck.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17403: May 29, 2018 06:02:23 pm
      With regards to the Buvac situation, has anyone else heard/read the rumours about Lindjers coming back as assistant manager? Turns out he left NEC Nijmegen two weeks ago after missing out on promotion in the playoffs.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #17404: May 29, 2018 06:29:20 pm
      With regards to the Buvac situation, has anyone else heard/read the rumours about Lindjers coming back as assistant manager? Turns out he left NEC Nijmegen two weeks ago after missing out on promotion in the playoffs.

Think the rumour surfaced a few weeks ago and was mentioned on here, but haven’t heard anything since.

Would be surprised if he left a job as a manager to take up an Assistant Manager role though, even if it is alongside Jürgen.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17405: May 29, 2018 08:54:38 pm
      Think the rumour surfaced a few weeks ago and was mentioned on here, but haven’t heard anything since.

Would be surprised if he left a job as a manager to take up an Assistant Manager role though, even if it is alongside Jürgen.

He didn’t leave it by choice, he was sacked.
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #17406: Jun 01, 2018 07:10:19 am
      Anyone slightly worried Klopp could be on Real’s radar?
      Kopite78
      Reply #17407: Jun 01, 2018 07:15:13 am

No. Are you?

Well I mean even if he is Madrid just isnt Klopps type of club

Not worried at all. He's a loyal sound man is Jürgen. He won't feel he's anywhere near finished what he started with us

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #17408: Jun 01, 2018 08:19:54 am
      Seen the S*n reporting it this morning and laughed. Not a chance.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #17409: Jun 01, 2018 09:38:21 am

Not remotely Scott.

Apart from loyalty etc - Zidane had no say in signings at all. I can’t see Jürgen working where he can’t input to recruitment.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #17410: Jun 01, 2018 09:46:21 am

Not at all but Spurs should be.

Quick Reply