Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526718 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #17411: Jun 01, 2018 09:47:02 am
      Anyone slightly worried Klopp could be on Real’s radar?

Not one bit.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #17412: Jun 01, 2018 10:05:56 am
      Crazy b***ard.. ;D love him..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #17413: Jun 01, 2018 11:39:27 am
      Not at all but Spurs should be.

This
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #17414: Jun 01, 2018 01:29:18 pm
      Anyone slightly worried Klopp could be on Real’s radar?
      About as worried as I am of Everton winning the league next season.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,278 posts | 763 
      Reply #17415: Jun 01, 2018 02:43:26 pm
      The odds on Everton winning the league, are astronomical, even higher than Klopp, joining Real Madrid, surely !
      Calixto
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #17416: Jun 05, 2018 07:09:51 pm
      He's a great manager, and we're lucky to have him.

Our brand of football is attacking and always exciting - us and City are always lauded as playing the most attractive football in the league these days and rightly so. We have quality players like Mo, Sadio and Bobby as well as VVD - with top quality signings such as Keita and Fabinho to look forward to.

Lest people forget, it was only 8 years ago that Roy was in charge, playing turgid, stodgy football with players I'd rather not name as first teamers at the club. We've come a long way in the intervening time, and Klopp is definitely responsible for a lot of that improvement. We've been finalists in both European Cups in his not even 3 seasons here - that in itself is nothing to be sniffed at, and I'm confident that the future is definitely bright with Jürgen at the helm :)

YNWA
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #17417: Jun 06, 2018 12:02:03 pm
      2018 UEFA Champions League Final

It is difficult to understand that in today’s modern world that the governing body of the Union of European Football Associations allows human errors and illegal and dangerous actions of players to influence the result of the biggest competition under their jurisdiction

As the administrators of the world’s richest sport: “Association Football” they show an unbelievable naivety one can only imagine for purpose that cannot be revealed

On Saturday 26th May 2018 the final of the UEFA Champions League was tarnished by the deliberate, unlawful and dangerous behaviour of Sergio Ramos of Real Madrid

Apparently Sergio Ramos went un-noticed by any of the match officials when a deliberately pulled down and injured Liverpool’s “star forward” Mohamed Salah in a violent and illegal action in the first half of the final causing Salah to be taken from the field.  Ramos then went on to cause concussion to the Liverpool goalkeeper, Loris Karius as confirmed by the Massachusetts General Hospital in the second half before Real Madrid scored – surely if either/both of these incidents had of been recorded in a public place by CCTV – the police would undertake action against the perpetrator for violent conduct

In a world where two of the most established and traditional sports in England: cricket and Rugby Union have adopted video refereeing for many years it is a peculiarity that the “Football Authorities” allow the most prestigious and highest paid sporting events in the world be influenced by illegal actions perpetrated by violent conduct that goes “un-noticed” by the match officials

With Club’s spending billions of Pounds on their stadiums, players change hands for amounts measured in units of €222 million and the value to a Football Club to either qualify to play in the Champions League or potentially miss out by (say) one point – surely the “Football Authorities” need to provide a much better “management system” to “adjudicate” all actions (not just those seen by the match officials) – they should look no further than the “Video Match Officials” deployed in Cricket and Rugby

In this years’ Six Nations Rugby Union tournament – on one occasion a player had cross the opponent’s try line and grounded the ball – the referee indicated that a “try” had been scored – almost immediately after the try “had been awarded” the fourth match official (who sits remote from the game viewing several television screen recording not just “the action” surrounding the ball – but all relevant activities) spoke to referee and advised the referee that he noticed something that had occurred away from the point of action – he asked the referee to wait while he checked the incident and within 30 seconds told the referee that an “illegal action” had taken place by the team who had just “scored the try”.  The referee asked the forth match official to confirm what he had seen and therefore was his advice to “not award the try?”  The fourth match official confirmed this and the try was “disallowed”

If these facilities had been available to the referee of the European Champions League final on 26th May and an “independent fourth official” had reviewed the deliberate actions of Sergio Ramos when he deliberately “wrestled” Mohamed Salah to the ground and fell with his weight on to Salah shoulder intentionally causing the Liverpool player sufficient damage that he could not continue and had seen the deliberately elbow to the head of Loris Karius by Ramos, then I would have expected that according the rules of the game Sergio Ramos would have been sent off (on both occasions) for violent conduct – for further evidence: see the video replays available from the television companies recording the match

While this would have still meant that Mohamed Salah would have had to be substituted – Real Madrid’s situation of having to play the remaining 60 minutes would have made a complete change to the balance of the game, at which time Liverpool were competing on even terms with Real Madrid

What actions should be taken now?

1.   From the beginning of next Season – a “fourth match official” should be appointed at every “top league” (i.e. Premiership in England; Spain - La Liga etc) and every European Competition and provided with the same technology as available in Rugby Union

2.   The 2018 UEFA Champions League Final match result should be “nulled” as a result of the final score having been influenced by the violent and illegal conduct of Sergio Ramos (it would be impossible to reply the match with the World Cup this summer)

3.   Sergio Ramos should be handed down a significant punishment as appropriate for his actions

If all LFC fans throughout the world donated £10.00 to an account administered by the Official LFC Supporters Club then a fund to hire the best legal team available should put forward the case as detailed above
      Great post mate ,it's a well known fact that the officiating in rugby whether it be league,union ,World Cup or six nations has always been head & shoulders above football officiating,
      I also think the majority of rugby players play the game a hell of lot more sportsman like than some footballers do.
      It has been suggested many times that we should have similar officiating & punishmeants in this country as they do in rugby but it hasn't happened yet & I can't see it happening anytime soon.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #17418: Jun 06, 2018 12:34:39 pm
      Great post mate ,it's a well known fact that the officiating in rugby whether it be league,union ,World Cup or six nations has always been head & shoulders above football officiating,
      I also think the majority of rugby players play the game a hell of lot more sportsman like than some footballers do.
      It has been suggested many times that we should have similar officiating & punishmeants in this country as they do in rugby but it hasn't happened yet & I can't see it happening anytime soon.

This has been going on for years and years and years, and it's killing the game. What does it say to the new generation of fans that no matter how great a football you've been playing, how much of an underdog you are that you can still make it to the final...but will ultimately lose due to players cheating and the officials will knowingly do nothing about it...

I'm afraid, so long as the tv revenues and global advertising income keeps the money flowing in, the  footballing "authorities" will do absolutely nothing about it. The only action is protests and boycotts, but it has to be so widespread and unprecedented that it can't be ignored. That in itself is unlikely. I fee hopeless for the future of the beautiful game, I really do...
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #17419: Jun 07, 2018 05:03:45 pm
      The only action needed is VAR. Issue Solved.

We lost a conservative estimate at least 5 minutes live play between Salah first going down for treatment and eventually going off, and nothing else could be done about it.

When we went out of the FA Cup,  mistakes could be, and were put right. The World Cup is next week, and VAR will cut out the actions of clowns cheats and conmen there, however long it takes. So nobody can get away with what they shouldn't, and nobody will wonder "if".
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17420: Jun 07, 2018 05:40:17 pm
      He's a great manager, and we're lucky to have him.

Our brand of football is attacking and always exciting - us and City are always lauded as playing the most attractive football in the league these days and rightly so.

Lest people forget, it was only 8 years ago that Roy was in charge, playing turgid, stodgy football with players I'd rather not name as first teamers at the club.

YNWA

Welcome to LFC Reds.

Lest people forget it was only two and a half years since someone else was in charge ....... etc.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #17421: Jun 07, 2018 07:45:30 pm
      Lest people forget it was only two and a half years since someone else was in charge ....... etc.

No one will forget. And if we do I'm sure you'll remind us Skip.

Still that guy was the closest we've been to a league title since we last won it so maybe good to remember some of those times as well.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17422: Jun 07, 2018 07:48:14 pm

Still that guy was the closest we've been to a league title since we last won it so maybe good to remember some of those times as well.

Just a shame that all the bad times and embarrassment either side of that season takes away just how good that season so nearly became.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #17423: Jun 07, 2018 07:50:36 pm
      Just a shame that all the bad times and embarrassment either side of that season takes away just how good that season so nearly became.

I'm not sure there was much bad times before that season mate.

It did fall apart after for Brendan though, of that there is no question, but some talk about him on here as if he nearly relegated us or something similar, not a guy who was a win away from winning a league title.
      Kopite78
      Reply #17424: Jun 07, 2018 07:54:29 pm
      Welcome to LFC Reds.

F***ing broken record you
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17425: Jun 07, 2018 08:02:02 pm
      I'm not sure there was much bad times before that season mate

I don’t know mate, there were some hidings that season, got off to the worst possible start with a 3-0 twatting by WBA.

Vast contrast from then to now though; from Borini to Salah, Allen to Keita etc. Chalk and cheese the 2 managers. Just thankful that once again we actually have reason to be optimistic going into the next season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17426: Jun 08, 2018 09:48:54 am
      FFS Jürgen got me in tears here. Has anyone else seen his piece on LFCTV "This means More".
      https://youtu.be/YhqiSO_UFxg
      Jimsouse67

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #17427: Jun 08, 2018 09:56:39 am
      FFS Jürgen got me in tears here. Has anyone else seen his piece on LFCTV "This means More".
      https://youtu.be/YhqiSO_UFxg
      Jesus,got me choked that mate,not seen it before and glad you posted it
      Absolutely fantastic.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17428: Jun 08, 2018 09:58:59 am
      Jesus,got me choked that mate,not seen it before and glad you posted it
      Absolutely fantastic.

stunning mate I had to watch it three times I was spellbound
      Jimsouse67

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #17429: Jun 08, 2018 10:24:55 am
      stunning mate I had to watch it three times I was spellbound
      One of the most important things I want from a manager of our fantastic club is that they get 'US' and get just exactly what LFC stands for.
      just like the legends that have managed us in the past Jürgen klopp does both of those.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #17430: Jun 12, 2018 05:43:21 pm
      One of the most important things I want from a manager of our fantastic club is that they get 'US' and get just exactly what LFC stands for.
      just like the legends that have managed us in the past Jürgen klopp does both of those.

Certainly looks like Jürgen "gets us", Jim. I can see him being in history alongside Mr Shankly and Bob Paisley.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #17431: Jun 16, 2018 09:09:18 pm
      Happy Birthday Boss!!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17432: Jun 17, 2018 11:05:44 pm