Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1518544 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #17434: Jun 21, 2018 03:23:33 pm
      Hey FSG, screw the Red Sox, Go Yankees :lmao:

Looks like he's carry a bit around the waist in that pic..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #17435: Jun 21, 2018 03:44:54 pm

So do I, don't you know...the "dad-bod" is in :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #17436: Jun 21, 2018 05:16:36 pm

The ale's kicking in then!!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17437: Jun 25, 2018 11:18:24 am
      Big test for Klopp this window. I said in the other thread he has to buy a top striker to compete and complement what we have. Not a makeshift backup a 100% bona fida top stiker. Salah won't do as well this season so we need another top striker to make up a top 4 man attacking strike force. Add to that a promising new talent to push for a place.

Klopp needs to buy quality, he is under pressure to get it right.....The Kop is watching.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #17438: Jun 25, 2018 12:02:26 pm
      Big test for Klopp this window. I said in the other thread he has to buy a top striker to compete and complement what we have. Not a makeshift backup a 100% bona fida top stiker. Salah won't do as well this season so we need another top striker to make up a top 4 man attacking strike force. Add to that a promising new talent to push for a place.

Klopp needs to buy quality, he is under pressure to get it right.....The Kop is watching.

He is under no pressure what so ever.

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17439: Jun 25, 2018 02:05:07 pm

That's what the owners etc say about Everton managers...but we are etc etc...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17440: Jun 25, 2018 02:50:36 pm

Of course he is under pressure and he should be. We've still won F**k all under him although the direction of travel is very very positive and we play some great football.
      Need some silverware this year.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #17441: Jun 25, 2018 03:27:44 pm
      Of course he is under pressure and he should be. We've still won f**k all under him although the direction of travel is very very positive and we play some great football.
      Need some silverware this year.

No, he is not. Pochettino, who has not even taken Spurs to a single final, is getting contract extensions. Klopp, having taken us to 3 finals in 3yrs is not under any kind of pressure so as long as the team continues its upward trend. For Klopp's legacy he will need a couple trophies, but again, Pochettino who has won nothing with Spurs over a longer tenure than Klopp's is very safe in his job, so why would Jürgen be under pressure? The only way i see him being in the hot seat is if something unimaginable happens and we finish in 6th place or something drastic like that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17442: Jun 25, 2018 03:35:17 pm
      No, he is not. Pochettino, who has not even taken Spurs to a single final, is getting contract extensions. Klopp, having taken us to 3 finals in 3yrs is not under any kind of pressure so as long as the team continues its upward trend. For Klopp's legacy he will need a couple trophies, but again, Pochettino who has won nothing with Spurs over a longer tenure than Klopp's is very safe in his job, so why would Jürgen be under pressure? The only way i see him being in the hot seat is if something unimaginable happens and we finish in 6th place or something drastic like that.

You do not understand what I mean. If you ask Jürgen I am certain he would say he is under pressure to win things, pressure he puts on himself, I'd be astonished if he is not. Its the same kind of pressure that we all live under, pressure to do our work well and to achieve, if you don't have that kind of pressure then you have given up or don't care, both are tragic.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #17443: Jun 25, 2018 03:45:59 pm
      You do not understand what I mean. If you ask Jürgen I am certain he would say he is under pressure to win things, pressure he puts on himself, I'd be astonished if he is not. Its the same kind of pressure that we all live under, pressure to do our work well and to achieve, if you don't have that kind of pressure then you have given up or don't care, both are tragic.

Yeah but the way some Liverpool fans go on it's not just pressure but an impossible task sometimes!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #17444: Jun 25, 2018 03:58:33 pm

+'d you by mistake ;D

Klopp in under no pressure....it's the inpatient ones who would like to put the Boss under some sort of pressure..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17445: Jun 25, 2018 04:06:23 pm

What? To make us forget about all the bad signings he has made, like Mo, Virgil, Sadio, Robbo, Ox, Keita, Fabinho?

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #17446: Jun 25, 2018 04:16:27 pm

Mate I don't think whatever Pochetino or Spurs do or don't do are comparable to what JK or LFC do here.
      I'm sure JK himself always expect the best, that's win trophies but he's not look like a man who afraid about pressure.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #17447: Jun 25, 2018 07:16:58 pm
      Anyone else worried that if Germany don't get out of their group on Wednesday that the German FA will come calling?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #17448: Jun 25, 2018 07:21:28 pm
      Anyone else worried that if Germany don't get out of their group on Wednesday that the German FA will come calling?

Nope.

Not one bit.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17449: Jun 25, 2018 08:19:58 pm
      form the 60's until the mid 90's good teams and managers could win the Premiership but now money is definitely a major factor when City can have 24 players all capable of playing in the first team 6 of them or more able to play in any team then Money rather than the Manager is a major factor.
      Thankfully Jürgen is old school and wants to build rather than buy a squad I hope that most fans would see this is still the Liverpool way and last season the football we enjoyed was just off the scale .
      Would winning the Fa Cup or League Cup mean anything these days no its the CL or the Prem or nothing and they are harder to win now than ever before
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #17450: Jun 25, 2018 09:35:53 pm
      No
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17451: Jun 26, 2018 08:20:42 am
      He’s under pressure. Every manager is.

Not worried one iota.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17452: Jun 26, 2018 09:51:29 am

No.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #17453: Jun 26, 2018 11:56:26 am
      even if they get out their group, they will probably face Brazil. Going out in last 16 could still end up with the sack. It's Germany and anything less than quarter final will be seen as a massive flop.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #17454: Jun 26, 2018 12:49:29 pm
      Of course he's under pressure! If anything from himself. He said he'd have won the league in 4 years if he was still manager. Which means that if we're not English champions this season, he'll have failed by his own standards.

That doesn't mean I'd like to see him go if that happened, after all circumstances change and all that. But that was still the bar he set himself, the promise he made to fans and most likely to his higher hierarchy.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17455: Jun 26, 2018 03:48:17 pm
      Of course he's under pressure! If anything from himself. He said he'd have won the league in 4 years if he was still manager. Which means that if we're not English champions this season, he'll have failed by his own standards.

That doesn't mean I'd like to see him go if that happened, after all circumstances change and all that. But that was still the bar he set himself, the promise he made to fans and most likely to his higher hierarchy.

He promised to win the league by his fourth season?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #17456: Jun 26, 2018 04:02:55 pm
      He promised to win the league by his fourth season?

Promise is perhaps the wrong word, but he did say when he arrived at LFC that he expected to have a title in 4 years if he was still the manager

Quick Reply