Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Pre Match: Liverpool v Rubin Kazan - Thurs 22/10 20:05 ko

Read 12496 times
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Pre Match: Liverpool v Rubin Kazan - Thurs 22/10 20:05 ko
      Oct 19, 2015 04:37:33 pm

After waiting what felt like an eternity for Klopps first match, his second is just 4 days away. It will be interesting to see where the Europa League fits into Klopp's priorities.

Our first glimpse of Klopps european aspirations come against Rubin Kazan. Currently 12th in the Russian Premier League and bottom of Group B, they are not exactly in flying form at the moment. They are finding goals hard to come by at the moment (not entirely different to ourselves). In 12 league games they have scored 11 goals and conceded 18. In those 12 games they have failed to score 5 times. But of course they won their last match 3-1 against second from bottom Fk Ufa. Last time out in Europe they drew 0-0 with Bordeaux, hitting the woodwork twice near the end of the game. They seem to usually play a 4-2-3-1 in Russia but against Bordeaux they went 4-4-2:

I imagine they will look for something similar at Anfield. If that is the case there could be a few changes, the bitters old mate Bilyaletdinov has played for them 8 times this season and scored two goals, Nabilliun at LB is actually a midfielder, they have  20 year old called Cotungo who has featured 10 times who could come in in his place. And Kannunikov at RW is a forward by trade. Away from home could see Georgiev reintroduced to solidify the midfield for them.

For us I think they key to this game will be how we work down the wings, Kuzmin is 34 years old and as I say Nabilliun isn't actually a LB, and is a very young 20 years old. In my opinion we have the quality, pace and power to make the most of this. But at the same time we need to be solid. I would look at going with:

I know we have Benteke, Sturridge and Firminho back in training this week, but I don't think we need to rush them in for this. A few minutes in the second half for whoever is the sharpest should be plenty. I think the back 5 picks itself in terms of a solid unit. And it also allows us to use the attacking capabilities of Clyne and Moreno out wide, where I feel we can hurt them most. Skrtel and Sakho are our best combination, and although Kazans strikers haven't been the most potent yet, it's not a risk to take. 3 points and a clean sheet are there for us if we play our game and keep our focus.

The two central midfielders is very much up for debate. I feel both Can and Allen have the engines for Klopps game as well as the creative spark for when we do get the ball in more threatening areas. It may seem harsh on Lucas after how well he played on Saturday, but I think we will see more of the ball here and as such, I think Can and Allens attributes would suit better.

Out wide I think Milner and Ibe interchanging can cause plenty of problems, especially if Clyne and Moreno are overlapping. Milner may not be overly happy but like I say, I think Can and Allen suit better in the middle of the park, and Milners aggression and experience can open space and Ibes pace and power will cause them all sorts of problems.

Teixiera behind the striker is a left field shout but his inclusion in Saturdays squad shows Klopp has ideas about him. Coutinho isn't at his best right now and is playing a lot of football, a rest here will do him no harm. Teixiera has shown plenty of glimpses of his promise, here is another chance, if he gets the required support from those around him, he should get the space to work. He has that little pass in him that could unlock a defence or a turn that will create space, let him express that.

As I said about Sturridge and Benteke, there's no need to rush them back. Whoever is the sharper can get 15 minutes if necessary, but for this Origi deserves his reward for a solid display on Saturday. He impressed with his hold up play and work down the channels. From what I can see, Rubins defence is nowhere near that of Spurs at the moment. He will get more opportunities and he showed glimpses that he can take them.

The bench could be very strong if we wanted but it is also another great chance to introduce some young blood again. As such I think we will be well balanced with a bench of:
      Bogdan, Toure, Lucas, Rossiter, Sinclair, Coutinho, Sturridge.

A solid performance again, anything close to what we showed on Saturday and we have more than enough quality to get the three points. I am going with a 2-0 here, Origi and Milner with the goals.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v Rubin Kazan - Thurs 22/10 20:05 ko
      Reply #1: Oct 19, 2015 05:27:49 pm
      Good OP I can't disagree with what you have posted maybe give Benteke a run out as we really need the 3 points and Sturridge for the second half.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2: Oct 19, 2015 05:37:30 pm
      Actually I wouldn't mind if young Coutinho gets another start. Can, Lucas and Lallana worked their socks off, esp the latter played 2 90 min games with England. We need them again at their best for the weekend. So did Milner but we run out of options.

Someone like Markovic would have been a great alternative for these Thursday games. And unfortunately, Tex wasn't registered in the Europa League squad and Enrique was left out as well. Young Rossiter is injured.

Based on the squad he took to White Hart Lane, and assuming Benteke, Sturridge and Firmino don't make the bench, I'll go for this -

Mignolet
      Clyne-Skrtel-Sakho-Moreno
      Allen-Chirivella
      Milner-Coutinho-Ibe
      Origi

Subs- Bogdan, Toure, Randall, Can, Lucas, Lallana, Sinclair
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3: Oct 19, 2015 05:48:26 pm
      Teixiera behind the striker is a left field shout but his inclusion in Saturdays squad shows Klopp has ideas about him. Coutinho isn't at his best right now and is playing a lot of football, a rest here will do him no harm. Teixiera has shown plenty of glimpses of his promise, here is another chance, if he gets the required support from those around him, he should get the space to work. He has that little pass in him that could unlock a defence or a turn that will create space, let him express that.

Good OP mate unfortunately as much as most of us would like to see Tex playing in this, he can't as he's not registered for the EL.

I'd stick with Origi up front too, no point rushing Studge and Benteke back and he should have enough with Origi to beat these.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #4: Oct 19, 2015 06:06:58 pm
      I would probably give Benteke a run out if he is fit enough. He hasn't played for a few weeks now and this might be a good game to give him a bit of match fitness.Especially as this is a game that we really need to be winning if we are to have thoughts of progressing. I think Klopp will make quite a few changes ....get to see some more players in action.

Mignolet

Clyne                 Toure             Lovren            Moreno

Allen        Can

Ibe                       Lallana              Milner

Benteke 

Origi to take over from Benteke when he gets knackered.

Should be an easy win 2-0

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #5: Oct 19, 2015 07:48:52 pm
      this is the match where RED fans can show Jürgen klopp what he means to them, and our players give a display to thank the fans for supporting them. Got to go for a win here
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,309 posts | 768 
      Reply #6: Oct 19, 2015 07:59:10 pm
      Going for a win here, also a great opportunity for the crowd to show our new manager, their support. Wish that I could be at Anfield for the game tbh.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #7: Oct 19, 2015 08:02:31 pm
      Going for a win here, also a great opportunity for the crowd to show our new manager, their support. Wish that I could be at Anfield for the game tbh.

If we don't win this then something is wrong because Rubin Kazan are tragic.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #8: Oct 19, 2015 08:02:47 pm
      No way I risk Sturridge for this one either. On the bench is OK, but I definitely wouldn't be opposed to Origi getting another 90 minutes.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9: Oct 19, 2015 08:05:41 pm
      No way I risk Sturridge for this one either. On the bench is OK, but I definitely wouldn't be opposed to Origi getting another 90 minutes.

As long as we win with Origi in the team playing 90 minutes because we can't afford to keep dropping silly points to sh*t teams.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,371 posts | 1538 
      Reply #10: Oct 19, 2015 09:08:42 pm
      Think we need to start with Origi, and give Studge and or Big Ben, 20 mins if we are not winning. Most important get the win, but not at the expense of players breaking down because they came back to soon and tried to do too much to early.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #11: Oct 19, 2015 09:37:20 pm
      Cheers Debs & Vicks, apologies, didn't do my homework about eligible players.

In that case I would still rest Coutinho, I felt a bit harsh leaving Lallana out too after his performance on Saturday, so I would be happy for him to take that spot.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #12: Oct 19, 2015 09:46:55 pm

catch 22 because he needs to be match fit I would let him play 60 mins ready for the weekend
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #13: Oct 19, 2015 09:58:27 pm
      catch 22 because he needs to be match fit I would let him play 60 mins ready for the weekend

To be honest with you the reliability of Sturridge is so dire that when he's fit then just play him. He'll inevitably get injured in training between Thursday and Saturday anyway. If he injures himself on Thursday then we're merely bringing forward that inevitability.

Going to have to think long term on this and ask whether it's worth relying on Danny anymore. We're going to have to start looking elsewhere for a top quality striker.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #14: Oct 19, 2015 10:37:02 pm
      To be honest with you the reliability of Sturridge is so dire that when he's fit then just play him. He'll inevitably get injured in training between Thursday and Saturday anyway. If he injures himself on Thursday then we're merely bringing forward that inevitability.

Going to have to think long term on this and ask whether it's worth relying on Danny anymore. We're going to have to start looking elsewhere for a top quality striker.

I agree if he isnt in his hospital bed get him on the f***in pitch
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 2836 
      Reply #15: Oct 19, 2015 10:44:24 pm
      Since Sturridge's injury seems to be a knock rather than a strain, I'd start him for this one if he's feeling alright as it's a must win. Try and get 60 minutes out of him and then let Origi have a go against tired defenders. Benteke's the one I'd be more careful about considering his injury is a hamstring.

As I said it's a game we really need to be winning if we want to get through so I can see Jürgen going with a strong team here (don't want to be needing results in Sion or Kazan to go through).

Mignolet; Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno; Allen, Can; Milner, Lallana, Ibe; Sturridge.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #16: Oct 19, 2015 10:59:31 pm
      Sturridge has something like a 150 games since 2006 which is crazy as good as he is( and he is very very good) we need to start getting more from him. Who wouldn't have liked to be a fly on the wall of melwood when Jürgen was discussing his squad after the weekends game
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17: Oct 19, 2015 11:21:57 pm
      Sturridge has something like a 150 games since 2006 which is crazy as good as he is( and he is very very good) we need to start getting more from him. Who wouldn't have liked to be a fly on the wall of melwood when Jürgen was discussing his squad after the weekends game

If it was paid per game he has to be one of the best paid players on the planet.

Such a shame but a good reason why many can actually see us cashing in on him. I remember having a conversation not too long ago on here where someone was suggesting he was £40m+ when I maintained that he was £25m+ dependent on injuries, right now do you think we'd get much more than £30m for him?

Amazing striker when he plays in terms of goals to games ratio but how many would honestly, hand on heart swap him for someone who isn't injury prone and scores regularly 1 in 2?!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #18: Oct 20, 2015 08:29:38 am
      Don't see klopp changing team much apart for fitness reasons. Maybe give 1 or 2 younger lads a start.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #19: Oct 20, 2015 09:17:59 am
      Bogdan

Clyne
      Skrtel (c)
      Toure
      Moreno

Allen
      Emre Can

Ibe
      Coutinho
      Lallana

Origi

Subs: Mignolet; Randall, Lovren; Milner, Brannagan; Benteke, Sinclair.

Shame we don't have Enrique and Texeira registered, as they could of been involved in the squad. 

However I still think we have more than enough to win this game.

3-0 to us - Origi, Coutinho and Benteke scoring the goals.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #20: Oct 20, 2015 09:43:23 am
      just win :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #21: Oct 20, 2015 10:13:01 am
      If it was paid per game he has to be one of the best paid players on the planet.

Such a shame but a good reason why many can actually see us cashing in on him. I remember having a conversation not too long ago on here where someone was suggesting he was £40m+ when I maintained that he was £25m+ dependent on injuries, right now do you think we'd get much more than £30m for him?

Amazing striker when he plays in terms of goals to games ratio but how many would honestly, hand on heart swap him for someone who isn't injury prone and scores regularly 1 in 2?!

he is at an age now where he should be strong enough to cope with the demands and maybe we are doing him a disservice and he will be fine but I dont think wrapping him up win cotton wool is the way to go we need to see if he can do his job. If he isnt a regular by Christmas we have to look at him becoming an impact sub. Thursday is a must for him to play get a few  goals come off after an hour and feel good for the weekend game.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #22: Oct 20, 2015 11:14:54 am
      There has been reports in the past from people like Carra that Sturridge is the sort of player who won't play unless he feels 100% fit.
      How many top players are always 100% fit? They almost always have some sort of niggle.

I accept Sturridge has had some serious injuries but like the little knock last week it makes you wonder would Suarez even had brought that up with the physio?

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #23: Oct 20, 2015 11:41:55 am
      Sturridge is back Thursday. They did not want to risk him at wknd, after he took a knock on the knee with Ibe.

Klopp said if they did not have so many injuries he probably would have played.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #24: Oct 20, 2015 11:42:06 am
      I accept Sturridge has had some serious injuries but like the little knock last week it makes you wonder would Suarez even had brought that up with the physio?
      To be fair Daniel failed his fitness test last week. Attempts to get him back were there. Then it begs the question of whether he deliberately screwed then test. I'm not going to go there because there isn't a need to.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #25: Oct 20, 2015 11:52:33 am
      There has been reports in the past from people like Carra that Sturridge is the sort of player who won't play unless he feels 100% fit.
      How many top players are always 100% fit? They almost always have some sort of niggle.

Quote from:  Gerrard's Autobiography
      My memories of that game are dominated by the build-up, and Daniel feeling he was touch and go in terms of his fitness and desire to play. Facing Man U without Luis (Suarez) was tough enough, but if we lost Daniel as well, most of our ammunition would be gone.

We stayed at the Hope Street Hotel and had our usual team walk before the match, I positioned myself so that I walked next to Daniel for the whole 15 minutes. I had to try to persuade him to play.

Daniel is one of those people you have to boost sometimes with a "Come on! You're our main man, just go for it!". You never needed to say that to Luis. It was as if he was indestructible. Luis doesn't really do treatment rooms, that's the Suarez mentality, he's run through a brick wall for you.

It was yet another of my tasks as captain, but I was probably more like a fan on the walk trying to persuade Daniel, eventually begging him to play. "Alright", Daniel said, "I'll give it a go". At last I could turn my attention to United.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26: Oct 20, 2015 01:00:39 pm
      Gerrard shouldn't have had to do that. If you have to be regularly persuaded that much/often to play a game after a little knock then he doesn't deserve £120k a week. He comes across as a bit of a soft arse.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #27: Oct 20, 2015 01:50:55 pm
      Majority of footballers are lazy soft arses mate.  ;D

Just some slightly worse than others. :mad:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28: Oct 20, 2015 02:08:51 pm
      Sturridge was an injury nightmare before we bought him and its continued since.

As far as the game is concerned it will be a good run out at home to see a bit more of the effect that Klopp and training has had.

Confident for the win despite injuries.

Couldn't have said that if this game had been played a few weeks back .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #29: Oct 20, 2015 02:11:36 pm

I think your right but i somehow think Her Klopp will be using his size 12 boot to good effect
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #30: Oct 20, 2015 02:13:06 pm
      To be fair Daniel failed his fitness test last week. Attempts to get him back were there. Then it begs the question of whether he deliberately screwed then test. I'm not going to go there because there isn't a need to.

got to think is he mentally weak? . He should be begging to play thursday
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31: Oct 20, 2015 02:14:06 pm
      He comes across as a bit of a soft arse.

One guy that wasnt a soft arse was Dirk Kuyt.
      Now at Feyenoord he scored a hat trick to put them top of the Dutch League.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #32: Oct 20, 2015 02:17:19 pm
      If 4231 is going to be our preffered system now, although I doubt Klopp is that rigid, I think the 3 attacking midfielders who ever is picked really need to step up on the goal front.

It can't just be the strikers putting the ball in the back of the net.

Coutinho - great talent with the ball but poor finisher, Lallana - good finisher but lacks the ability to beat a man, Firminho - too early to judge, Milner - good finisher but technically lacking.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #33: Oct 20, 2015 02:21:59 pm

Confused. I thought they are working very very hard in Melwood. Even those who are not named on the teamsheet are working hard to "fight for their place in the team".
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #34: Oct 20, 2015 03:44:24 pm
      Confused. I thought they are working very very hard in Melwood. Even those who are not named on the teamsheet are working hard to "fight for their place in the team".

;D they are working very hard at training no doubt, but in general footi players are soft and mollycoddled. Most only train twice a day, don't go into work till 10, and are home for 4. Even then that's after a double training session. My pals brother is an SPL player, apparently he is ragin when they are asked to do double sessions.  ;D

Klopp is supposed to like treble training sessions. That will sort out the lazy arses. ;D
      Tadders

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #35: Oct 21, 2015 01:50:44 am
      Would love to see a low scoring draw....

Only joking...wouldn't it be nice to win a game by more than 1 goal playing well and defending well?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #36: Oct 21, 2015 08:52:42 am
      Position   Team     P   W   D   L   F   A   GD    Pts   
      12   Rubin Kazan   12   3   1   8   11   18   -7   10

Should be putting these away easily at Anfield.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #37: Oct 21, 2015 09:30:29 am
      We need to go out and destroy them.

Good thing is that any research they may have done will be of little use as I'm sure we will not play the same way we have previously.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #38: Oct 21, 2015 11:26:02 am
      Position   Team     P   W   D   L   F   A   GD    Pts   
      12   Rubin Kazan   12   3   1   8   11   18   -7   10

Should be putting these away easily at Anfield.

Yes no matter who the manager is we should be scoring a few goals in this one.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #39: Oct 21, 2015 11:51:08 am
      Lost track on our position among the 4 teams. Are we still in with a chance or a very slim chance of making it to the knock out rounds?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #40: Oct 21, 2015 12:45:23 pm
      Lost track on our position among the 4 teams. Are we still in with a chance or a very slim chance of making it to the knock out rounds?

in 2nd place so can still win the group etc no need to panic just yet.
      Really looking forward to this game and I hope Anfield is jumping even though the opposition is quite poor
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #41: Oct 21, 2015 12:46:13 pm
      Would love to see a low scoring draw....

Only joking...wouldn't it be nice to win a game by more than 1 goal playing well and defending well?

well this should be the game for you then.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #42: Oct 21, 2015 01:03:30 pm
      in 2nd place so can still win the group etc no need to panic just yet.
      Really looking forward to this game and I hope Anfield is jumping even though the opposition is quite poor

2 points from 2 games, 2 points off top spot.

p gd pts
      1 FC Sion     2  1   4

2 Liverpool   2  0   2

3 Bordeaux  2  0   2

4 Rubin Kazan 2 -1 1
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #43: Oct 21, 2015 01:32:51 pm
      Thanks Walt for the updates. We must step-up a few gears and start hammering these teams. We have gone through a bit of embarassment of late. Time to change all that.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #44: Oct 21, 2015 02:36:02 pm

Liverpool FCVerified account
      ‏@LFC
      Jürgen: "I hope that nobody is waiting for 4-0 after three minutes and is disappointed!"
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      Reply #45: Oct 21, 2015 02:36:40 pm
      Jürgen Klopp news conference

Lucas Leiva is first to the mic. He tells the assembled media that the team is adjusting to Klopp's style.

He says: "We have a very honest group and want to improve. We are trying to take on [Jürgen's] ideas as soon as possible."

BBC Merseyside Sport also reports Leiva saying: "There's no pressure on the team at the moment in terms of achieving things. We're taking it game by game."

Extent of @LFC's injuries evident by fact Klopp has brought a piece of paper with him. Quite literally an injury list.

Some more encouraging news in terms of squad selection as Klopp confirms that Christian Benteke, Roberto Firmino and Dejan Lovren are back in training

Europa League football "is a big chance to get a good feeling and confidence," says Klopp.

Confirmation from BBC Merseyside Sport too that Daniel Sturridge will not play on Thursday but has been earmarked for Sunday's Premier League tie against Southampton.

Klopp on #LFC injuries: "Sturridge is getting better and better, the target for him is Sunday."

The magic of the Kop will have to wait a bit longer for Klopp (his first home game is on Sunday against Southampton) but he is preparing himself for the reaction at Anfield, saying: "I can't say much about the atmosphere at Anfield but I want to go there and see it and feel it."

The manager got a good laugh after he apologised to the Russian interpreter because his answers were too long! 

Klopp on #LFC tomorrow night against Rubin Kazan: "I hope no-one is waiting for 4-0 after three minutes and is disappointed." 

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #46: Oct 21, 2015 02:45:27 pm
      I respect opinions and all but some of you seem to post lineups that I'd have expected from Rodgers.  I didn't like Rodgers tactics half the time.  I understand that we were watered down against spurs,  we had nobody available though. What I'd do is play whoever is more fit for this from Sturridge or Benteke. Origi upfront is a no for me. If we have strikers back in training we should use them. We do need to be careful,  so whoever gets the first half can sit out the second half. That way Sturridge and Benteke get a half each for match fitness and we can actually score goals.

EDIT: Just saw Sturridge is a no for this game so I'd start with Benteke and rest him as soon as we have a 2 goal cushion.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      Reply #47: Oct 21, 2015 02:49:52 pm
      Jürgen Klopp news conference: Part 2

Klopp turning his attention to any dramatic changes in the way Liverpool will play, specifically whether they will play a more pressing game.

He says: "The biggest misunderstanding in my life is people asking me if it's possible to play like this.

"But this is just the start. You don't have to run 150km, you just have to be prepared to.

Klopp on Rossiter's injury: "If you handle them (players) like horses, you get horses."

Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #48: Oct 21, 2015 05:50:21 pm
      Wish I could get to this one, always loved European matches, but sadly will be away.
      I hope those who go do us proud and bring the roof off with the noise. Let's show Klopp a true European night match, get behind the lads, get the banners waving and sing your hearts out. My 2 brothers will be there with instructions to make up for me not being there by singing their hearts out. We need to get the true Anfield atmosphere back, the one that sends tingles down the spine, and puts the fear of God into the opposition!
      Let's turn the clock back as we look forward to an exciting future!
      2-0, Bentecke and Origi.
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #49: Oct 21, 2015 07:03:58 pm
      My guess is it'll probably be a really similar starting 11 as we had against Spurs.  Perhaps Ibe and/or Allen could come into the starting lineup. Also seems likely that Klopp will want to give a runout to Firmino and Benteke. I'll go with:

Migs
      Clyne - Skrtel - Sakho - Moreno
      Lucas - Allen
      Milner - Lallana - Ibe
      Origi

Hopefully it'll be a rocking atmosphere and the players can raise the level of their game to get us a much needed victory!!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #50: Oct 21, 2015 10:23:20 pm
      Mignolet

Clyne Lovren Sakho Moreno

Allen Chirivella

Milner Teixiera Ibe

Origi
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #51: Oct 21, 2015 10:24:20 pm
      Let's tone down the whole thing a bit and not underestimate Rubin before the ball was even kicked. They may not be in the best form at the moment and surprises is the last thing I want to see now. The lads are still trying to adjust to the new style after 3 years of horrendous tactics and it will take a while before everything falls in place. So, I will be delighted even with a 1-0 scoreline.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #52: Oct 21, 2015 10:26:24 pm
      Mignolet

Allen Chirivella

Milner Teixiera Ibe

Origi

Tex is not registered for the EL.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #53: Oct 21, 2015 10:27:38 pm

F**k. Forgot about that and recall being pissed off with Brendan for that.

Lallana for Tex then.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #54: Oct 21, 2015 10:50:27 pm

Another master stroke by Brendan.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #55: Oct 21, 2015 11:30:54 pm
      Mignolet

Allen Chirivella

Milner Teixiera Ibe

Origi

Ok we go out with this team and what will we get?
      Bollocks
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #56: Oct 21, 2015 11:35:39 pm
      Ok we go out with this team and what will we get?
      Bollocks

With 7 first team players and full internationals you mean?

Talk sense and I'll debate with you.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #57: Oct 22, 2015 07:43:00 am
      Going for a traditional 4-4-2.
      Mignolet
      Clyne  Kolo  Sahko  Moreno
      Ibe  Allen  Lucas  lallana
             Sinclair  Origi

Prediction: 3-0 LFC
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #58: Oct 22, 2015 08:32:05 am
      More I think about it, I don't think the team will change much from sundays game.

Nobody is returning from Injury in time to make any decent changes.

So same again.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #59: Oct 22, 2015 09:13:29 am
      Predictied 3-1 on this one whilst Brenda was still in charge, didn't trust our defence ! but not one for changing my predictions so 3-1 to the red men it is !
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #60: Oct 22, 2015 09:32:10 am
      Bring back the Kop
      Anfield ReBorn.

It all starts tonight .......... !

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #61: Oct 22, 2015 09:33:33 am
      Wish I was there, atmos. will be buzzing with it being Klopps 1st home game and its a European night.

Hope you match going folks put on a show and have many good songs.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #62: Oct 22, 2015 09:39:40 am
      Wish I was there, atmos. will be buzzing with it being Klopps 1st home game and its a European night.

Hope you match going folks put on a show and have many good songs.

:aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpoolwz0: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: ;)
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #63: Oct 22, 2015 10:41:02 am
      I hope its the bollox!!!

The rest of the country will be an awe!!!

YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #64: Oct 22, 2015 10:41:57 am
      I gave up a ticket for tonight when my Dad was in hospital.  It was the right thing to do at the time but I'm gutted I did now  :mad:

To those of you who will be there, enjoy yourselves, scream, sing and shout your appreciation and support for the Redmen, this is the beginning of something very special and the team needs to know we all believe  ;D
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #65: Oct 22, 2015 11:48:58 am
      With 7 first team players and full internationals you mean?

Talk sense and I'll debate with you.
      Yeah yeah,defense is great,but what about the midfield,i mean Chirivella and Teixiera in the first team,do they deserve that at all?
      Teixiera is 22 year old player in the club since 2012 and he played one game for the first team while Chirivella is still uncapped.
      Do you honestly think that those two deserve a place in the first team in Klopp's debut at Anfield?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #66: Oct 22, 2015 11:53:30 am
      Yeah yeah,defense is great,but what about the midfield,i mean Chirivella and Teixiera in the first team,do they deserve that at all?
      Teixiera is 22 year old player in the club since 2012 and he played one game for the first team while Chirivella is still uncapped.
      Do you honestly think that those two deserve a place in the first team in Klopp's debut at Anfield?

As said many times above wee tex is not in the Europa squad. ;D
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #67: Oct 22, 2015 12:20:49 pm
      As said many times above wee tex is not in the Europa squad. ;D
      Even better.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #68: Oct 22, 2015 12:39:33 pm

Depends if they have impressed the manager in the training, which I assume they must have. Put it this way I have a bit more faith in Klopp than I do in you as regards who to play and when :-)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #69: Oct 22, 2015 12:50:58 pm
      team news. (BBC)

Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge is not fit enough to play in new manager Jürgen Klopp's first home game in charge when the Reds play Rubin Kazan.

However, Christian Benteke, Roberto Firmino and Dejan Lovren are back in training and likely to be in the squad for Thursday's Europa League group tie.

Sturridge missed Klopp's debut at Tottenham with a knee injury.

Klopp hopes the 26-year-old is available for Sunday's home league game against Southampton.

"Sturridge is getting better and better," he said. "Yesterday he was outside for the first time since Saturday.

"It was OK and the target for him is Sunday, for sure. That's what we'll try to do."

Liverpool have drawn both of their Europa League games so far and are second in their group, level on two points with third-placed Bordeaux.

FC Sion are top with four points, while Rubin Kazan are bottom with one point.

Benteke, Firmino and Lovren had respective hamstring, back and ankle injuries and, even though they are back training with the first team, Klopp does not think they are "starting options" against Rubin Kazan.

Possible team....

------------- Mings ----------------
      - Clyne - Skrtel - Kolo - Moreno -
      ----------- Allen - Lucas ----------
      ---- Can --- Lallana ---- Ibe -----
      ------------- Origi ----------------

Subs: Bogdan, Skrtel, Lovren, Milner, Coutinho, Benteke + Some youth lads ?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #70: Oct 22, 2015 12:51:37 pm
      Cannot F***ing wait for this! 7 hours is too long a wait!!
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #71: Oct 22, 2015 12:53:36 pm
      Depends if they have impressed the manager in the training, which I assume they must have. Put it this way I have a bit more faith in Klopp than I do in you as regards who to play and when :-)

;D good one,but i am not he one that will pick the team,i just hope it will be the best team possible.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #72: Oct 22, 2015 12:55:50 pm

Forget the fact that it's Klopp's first game at Anfield. That should not be a factor in what team gets played.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #73: Oct 22, 2015 01:00:05 pm
      Forget the fact that it's Klopp's first game at Anfield. That should not be a factor in what team gets played.
      I think that we or he should not forget that.
      Maybe with that in his head he would like to impress the fans and play the best team available.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #74: Oct 22, 2015 01:31:18 pm
      Getting my red stuff on in preparation for my visit to Anfield for tonights match, for the first time this season, I'm absolutely buzzing with excitement and anticipation, in the Kop in block 103 tonight....'we have dreams and songs to sing' Jürgen's first home game and we will give him a tremendous reception, he's already been saying how good we are....we need to show him.

Come on  you mighty reds !!

:kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,462 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #75: Oct 22, 2015 01:36:19 pm
      Come on boys, really hope the crowd are up for it, if they're not night you wonder if they will ever be
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #76: Oct 22, 2015 01:46:50 pm
      I think that we or he should not forget that.
      Maybe with that in his head he would like to impress the fans and play the best team available.

Why shouldn't we? Impressing us has nothing to do with it. If you go into every game with emotions then you'll get nowhere, you have to think logically. Our idea of our best team might be different to Klopp's idea of our best team, you not thought of that? Tex isn't part of the EL squad anyway apparently so you've got your wish there.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #77: Oct 22, 2015 01:50:16 pm
      Getting my red stuff on in preparation for my visit to Anfield for tonights match, for the first time this season, I'm absolutely buzzing with excitement and anticipation, in the Kop in block 103 tonight....'we have dreams and songs to sing' Jürgen's first home game and we will give him a tremendous reception, he's already been saying how good we are....we need to show him.

Yes,yes,yes,.....

Go for it, YNWA!
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #78: Oct 22, 2015 02:05:11 pm

I'm in 103 as well. Pre match lubrication in the arkles. Can't wait.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #79: Oct 22, 2015 02:27:32 pm
      I gave up a ticket for tonight when my Dad was in hospital.  It was the right thing to do at the time but I'm gutted I did now  :mad:

To those of you who will be there, enjoy yourselves, scream, sing and shout your appreciation and support for the Redmen, this is the beginning of something very special and the team needs to know we all believe  ;D

It was the right thing Debs.

Wish I was there tonight.

I'll be watching the box to see 103 rockin' Miss G.!

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #80: Oct 22, 2015 02:41:57 pm
      THE ANFIELD WRAP ‏@TheAnfieldWrap 4m4 minutes ago

*Team for tonight rumour* Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Milner, Allen, Can, Lallana, Coutinho, Origi. #LFC
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #81: Oct 22, 2015 02:42:00 pm
      Only Lucas, maybe, will have experienced a proper Euro night atmosphere at Anfield..
      All the others won't have a clue of what these nights actually mean to us until they walk out on to the pitch this evening...

Someone needs to let the Ref know we'll have 12 players on the pitch tonight whether he likes it or not..

3-0 will do nicely...

Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #82: Oct 22, 2015 02:48:47 pm

*Team for tonight rumour* Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Milner, Allen, Can, Lallana, Coutinho, Origi. #LFC

Judging from what Klopp said yesterday at not having the players to rotate a lot, I'd say that's a very likely lineup.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #83: Oct 22, 2015 03:01:39 pm

Let's hope they offer more of an end product tonight.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #84: Oct 22, 2015 03:21:29 pm
      Awesome to see how buzzing everyone is for this. Jürgen has certainly brought us back together as fans, and has put a real air of excitement around the club again. Such a contrast to just a month ago.

Can't wait for the game tonight. Think the atmosphere will be immense and it'll spur the boys on. I'd love to hammer them but I think 2-0, and I'd definitely take a 2-0 as well.

Come on you redmen.
      Tadders

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #85: Oct 22, 2015 03:30:18 pm
      Loving the buzz on this thread
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,700 posts | 3937 
      Reply #86: Oct 22, 2015 03:37:36 pm
      Can't F***ing wait for this
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #87: Oct 22, 2015 03:40:07 pm
      Need to make sure I stock up on the booze on the way home. Going to be a merry one either way.................
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,564 posts | 1498 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #88: Oct 22, 2015 03:44:23 pm
      Gutted im gonna miss this, well first half at least! I hope to get home to a load of replays of Klopp jumping celebrating a goal or three!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #89: Oct 22, 2015 03:59:22 pm
      Surprised Lucas is not playing (if the suggested team is correct) after being at the press conference. Although Lucas is perhaps not up to playing 3 games a week.

Disappointed that Benteke is not quite fit enough to start as I think a couple of early goals might just have seen a rout tonight. If we struggle for goals, by the time Benteke comes on they may be settled and our energy levels dropping.

Don't really see a lot of goals in that team, but I think 2-0 is well within our grasp.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #90: Oct 22, 2015 04:06:53 pm
      Loving the buzz on this thread

This!

Love how positive everyone is, it will be unbelievable come kick off.

Come on Redmen!!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #91: Oct 22, 2015 04:12:02 pm

So my gut feeling of no changes could be right then. Cool.

But no lucas ?  He has to be playing after being in the press conf. yesterday.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #92: Oct 22, 2015 04:18:45 pm
      I cant believe im forced to listen to the broadcast,its going to be interesting anyway.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #93: Oct 22, 2015 04:23:01 pm

Could be being rested. Only just come back into the team so may not be fit to do 2 games in a week?

Only a rumour for now too so he may well be in
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #94: Oct 22, 2015 04:24:48 pm

Alot of games coming up in a short time. Maybe he isn't up for that much football, he's had his own injury problems before.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #95: Oct 22, 2015 05:10:42 pm
      I'd suggest that if you look at our starting XI against Spurs and think of who out of those players would be needing a rest the most you'd say Lucas, followed closely by Lallana and Coutinho probably. Who knows though, he could start Lucas and take him off. Let's see in a couple of hours.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #96: Oct 22, 2015 05:41:54 pm
      With a game under his belt and being at home maybe Origi will have a bit more zip about him - we score, we win (imo).
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #97: Oct 22, 2015 07:38:02 pm
      Now we finally have a manager who treats every game with importance. If fans are willing to pay and turn up, the least they can expect is the manager to feel the same.
      I f***in love this german monster!!!!

Quick Reply