Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (1%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      50 (52.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      2 (2.1%)
      Emre Can
      15 (15.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      23 (24%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (2.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Voting closed: Oct 26, 2015 09:29:36 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Rubin Kazan: In game and Post Match debates

Read 34323 times
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Rubin Kazan
      Reply #437: Oct 22, 2015 10:03:19 pm
      I am...cant find the words...i am F***ing crushed and destroyed here.
      We deserved a win here,we needed a win here,it would mean us so much...for F**k sake mates,we needed just another goal to secure the win...just another goal
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #438: Oct 22, 2015 10:04:16 pm
      Things will get better,i am sure about that!
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #439: Oct 22, 2015 10:04:26 pm
      Simply lacking quality - cant blame Klopp for that and Jan cannot come soon enough...

Our midfield just looks totally bereft of any creativity - looking forward to Hendo back big time.

Frustrated, disappointed but the crash back to reality we all needed. Before you can correct something you have to admit its wrong, Klopp may be a top manager, but give Michelangelo a pile of mud from my garden and he wont make you David will he.

16 corners and 32 attempts at goal sums it up...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #440: Oct 22, 2015 10:04:49 pm
      Were some on here not really arsed about this competition when Rodgers was in charge?, what's Changed?.

It's our mans 2nd game only.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #441: Oct 22, 2015 10:05:00 pm
      We need a November transfer window

An October one may be even better!

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #442: Oct 22, 2015 10:05:21 pm
      Origi has shown nothing in the middle when he wa sout wide he looked ok. Milner and Allen what a joke. Lallana best I have seen him,
      Sakho is really becoming a legend and a future captain. Coutinho looks off his game and slightly disinterested.
      No change really because the players are the same that got Brendan the sack .........his players

Exactly Walt, but the change is happening. Lallana looks like a completely different player and should be given that 10 role for now without a single question about it. Coutinho needs to win it back right now because he's not good enough on current form.

Milner's place in the side should also be under threat, I'd love to see the likes of Chiravella and Teixeira come into contention for starting places. Can is showing me enough to think he's got a huge future for us in that role.

Sakho looks so good it's absolutely glorious to watch, never seen a defender manage to chest an aerial duel so often and instantly beat his man. Gorgeous passes and really knowing his role. Sure there's negatives but if you focus on the positives in this side the signs are actually very good.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #443: Oct 22, 2015 10:06:16 pm
      Progress. Couple of lads back from injury. Loads of enthusiasm in our play. Loads of endeavour.

Just lacking in clinical edge.

Going in the right direction though. Another chance for the manager to see his players.

Didn't see much 'enthusiasm' to be honest (with the exception of Lallana and Sakho). Thought the players were still taking the piss out of this competition to be honest and not giving it their all - thinking more about any knock on effects for Sunday. Shoulders slumped, no leadership. Needs to grow some balls quick this squad of players.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #444: Oct 22, 2015 10:06:25 pm
      Frustrating night. Lot of decent openings (mainly because of Lallana) but poor final ball and movement in the final third. Hopefully that gets better when Benteke is up to speed and Sturridge comes back in. Midfield an area for concern, we could desperately do with Hendo in there alongside Lucas.

A few of the lads could do with investing in the Klopp way like Lallana has done. He's electric now, on and off the ball. By far our best player and someone who's already thriving under the new manager.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #445: Oct 22, 2015 10:06:30 pm
      "Fans" that left early should never be allowed to set foot in Anfield again. That's embarrassing.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #446: Oct 22, 2015 10:06:34 pm
      Sakho MOM by a mile. Dude's a f**king beast.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #447: Oct 22, 2015 10:07:15 pm
      Starting to lose my patience with some of the players in this squad and the fact that 90% of our squad can't shoot to save their lives.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #448: Oct 22, 2015 10:07:25 pm
      Well get better, we looked better when Benteke came on, once we have a fit Sturridge to partner him we'll start getting points.

Wont bank on that happening
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #449: Oct 22, 2015 10:07:55 pm
                      -----
       Clyne   -----  Sakho -----
               Hendo -----
      -----   Coutinho    -----
               Sturridge

Just thinking about the players we have, these would be the only players I'd be happy seeing in the first team in the next year or so. That is giving clyne the benefit of the doubt, although he has not excelled with us, I liked what I saw of him at Southampton and I'm confident he will grow in to the side.

Maybe a bit unfair on players like Firmino and Benteke but it's just unfortunate that their best roles are filled by Studge and Cou. I was flirting with the idea of putting Lallana in there but I'm not entirely sold on him, seems too inconsistent.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #450: Oct 22, 2015 10:08:15 pm
      Didn't see much 'enthusiasm' to be honest (with the exception of Lallana and Sakho). Thought the players were still taking the piss out of this competition to be honest and not giving it their all - thinking more about any knock on effects for Sunday. Shoulders slumped, no leadership. Needs to grow some balls quick this squad of players.

I got the impression Jürgen was on the pitch to give himself time to calm down before ripping the lazy fuckers apart
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #451: Oct 22, 2015 10:08:18 pm
      "Fans" that left early should never be allowed to set foot in Anfield again. That's embarrassing.

It happens at every game in every league/competition. What's more of an embarrassment is that these players get paid millions each year to perform like Sunday league players.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #452: Oct 22, 2015 10:08:43 pm
      I feel like this when we lose
      I mean come on fellas,its F***ing Rubin from Kazan with one player less,they dint even know what is F***ing european football... :'( we had to get a win at Anfield,just had to.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 342 
      Reply #453: Oct 22, 2015 10:09:00 pm
      One of those days, we're having too many, where it looks harder NOT to win yet it won't go in. 
      They did well; kept us out with ten men.  Too many shots off target, too many openings created only for the last pass to be astray, or for the man on the spot to be AWOL.  We've got too many attackers who naturally back off towards the penalty spot when one of our lads gets round the back, instead of running in on goal and making the crosser's mind up for him.
      Lot's of work to do, Herr Kloppenmeister, but the lads shown plenty of heart tonight, chasing lost causes, winning 50/50 balls, working for each other.  Quality is lacking, no doubt about it.  Confidence too.
      Mind you, we have a core of quality to build around under Jürgen; Lallana, Sakho, Clyne, Can (I was wrong), Moreno (good game tonight), but too many passengers in the squad. 
      Generally, I'm pleased that I can see a big improvement in our approach and attitude.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #454: Oct 22, 2015 10:11:03 pm
      It happens at every game in every league/competition. What's more of an embarrassment is that these players get paid millions each year to perform like Sunday league players.

I don't really care where else it happens, it shouldn't happen at Anfield.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #455: Oct 22, 2015 10:11:55 pm
      No.

It was 0-0 with Spurs ;)

4 draws in a row.
      1 victory before that..
      and 3 draws before that.  :P      :(   

Yay!

Oh yeah that's right, feel so much better now!!!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #456: Oct 22, 2015 10:12:17 pm

I'll put £5000 of my money on it against £5000 of yours right now.
      Negative F***ing nancy's.

Plenty of positives for me there tonight.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #457: Oct 22, 2015 10:13:45 pm

its always happend going way way back does my head in but getting away from the ground if you are in a car is a nightmare. You spend so little time in the ground these days you would think people would want to just sabour the time and leave at the end of the game and when most of the crowd had gone.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #458: Oct 22, 2015 10:13:58 pm

Well it's been happening for years. Pointless getting worked up about it now.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #459: Oct 22, 2015 10:14:29 pm

Plenty of positives for me there tonight.

The biggest one being Sturridge should be back against Southampton.

Quick Reply