Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Pre Match : Liverpool v Southampton, Oct 25, 4:15pm

Read 8180 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool v Southampton, Oct 25, 4:15pm
      Reply #23: Oct 24, 2015 10:21:42 pm
      What is going on with Henderson and Sturidge?Are they fit for this game?

Not even close mate. Bet it's origi upfront again
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #24: Oct 24, 2015 10:25:19 pm
      Not even close mate. Bet it's origi upfront again
      F***ing yey!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #25: Oct 24, 2015 10:27:18 pm
      Could certainly jump a few places with a win.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #26: Oct 24, 2015 10:33:55 pm
      I know the lad hasn't quite been on it recently but I'm gobsmacked to see a few of you have Firmino (who has looked lightweight every time he has played thus far) ahead of the Brazilian, it's bonkers in my opinion. I'd like to see Lallana stay in the 10 shirt with Coutinho on that left hand side.

I think Coutinho needs a break or a kick up the backside mate. He has been very poor for most of the season. As for Firmino, I think it is more desperation for a goalscorer than any hard held belief that he's the answer to all our problems. I doubt Firmino would be in many posters selections if Sturridge was fully fit.

Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #27: Oct 24, 2015 10:34:09 pm
      I am hoping for the best here,now with few of our key players out that is all that i can do.
      Maybe its Coutinho's time to glow again and maybe Firmino's time to show what he can do because he still did not showed what he really can do.I dont know from what player can i expect to solve the game i just hope someone will do that.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #28: Oct 24, 2015 10:55:56 pm
      Yeah, likely be Origi up top. That's where we are struggling really. Think he'll come good in time, but not on the ball at the mo. (Excuse the pun )
      Perhaps Big Ben will get a decent run out, again not on top form but does offer slightly more threat.
      Gonna be a difficult game with what we have currently available.
      Just praying for one to go in off someone's arse in the 94th min. Scruffy 1 : 0 will do, just to keep in touch. Won't be putting my mortgage on it though.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #29: Oct 24, 2015 11:08:44 pm
      This is looking a bit better if this is the rumoured line up for tomorrow.  Milner dropped or injured and Sakho Captain, I like it  ;D

Mignolet – Clyne, Škrtel, Sakho (c), Moreno – Emre Can, Lucas – Firmino, Lallana, Coutinho – Benteke
      MsGerrard
      Reply #30: Oct 24, 2015 11:16:22 pm
      Really wanna see 2 up front tomorrow, we could do with a bit of a win too please Jürgen  8) Getting ready for yet another trip to Anfield, part two of three trips in 7 days  ;D I was walking through the main stand to get to the Kop on Thursday, I had to do a double take as Ian Ayre, Tom Werner and John Henry walked right towards me....I wished I had said something to them now, but I was so taken aback to see them  :o I did have a nice chat to Ron Yeats though, who was walking behind them, what a gentleman he is. If Origi is up front tomorrow, he deffo needs help as he looked lost on Thursday, fingers crossed for 3 special points.

Bring it on, I will be looking out for Mr Henry and co tomorrow and will be having a word if I bump into them again  ;)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #31: Oct 24, 2015 11:16:39 pm
      This is looking a bit better if this is the rumoured line up for tomorrow.  Milner dropped or injured and Sakho Captain, I like it  ;D

Mignolet – Clyne, Škrtel, Sakho (c), Moreno – Emre Can, Lucas – Firmino, Lallana, Coutinho – Benteke

My worry with that team is that you may find all three A.midfielders trying to play centrally with a total lack of width if we are not careful. Looks like a team that has a goal or even two in it! (fingers crossed)
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #32: Oct 24, 2015 11:36:58 pm

Sakho captain,that is something i really like.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #33: Oct 24, 2015 11:39:50 pm
      Really wanna see 2 up front tomorrow, we could do with a bit of a win too please Jürgen  8) Getting ready for yet another trip to Anfield, part two of three trips in 7 days  ;D I was walking through the main stand to get to the Kop on Thursday, I had to do a double take as Ian Ayre, Tom Werner and John Henry walked right towards me....I wished I had said something to them now, but I was so taken aback to see them  :o I did have a nice chat to Ron Yeats though, who was walking behind them, what a gentleman he is. If Origi is up front tomorrow, he deffo needs help as he looked lost on Thursday, fingers crossed for 3 special points.

Bring it on, I will be looking out for Mr Henry and co tomorrow and will be having a word if I bump into them again  ;)

Have we even got enough attackers to play 2 up top? :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #34: Oct 24, 2015 11:44:42 pm
      Have we even got enough attackers to play 2 up top? :D

Benteke, Origi, Firmino  :)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #35: Oct 24, 2015 11:45:03 pm
      Unless Firmino shows us some more than he has at the moment, we are looking very reliant on an out of sorts Coutinho for a bit of creativity.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #36: Oct 24, 2015 11:52:07 pm

If Origi is going to actually start playing then I'm all for it but he's shown nothing for me so far that would say he should be in the starting line up if we have at least 1 other fit striker.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #37: Oct 25, 2015 12:00:40 am
      I'm tired of waiting for Allen to show his quality. Allowing himself to be nutmegged against Rubin almost sent me into a wild flip-out. Doesn't make the bench in this game for me.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #38: Oct 25, 2015 12:04:22 am
      My worry with that team is that you may find all three A.midfielders trying to play centrally with a total lack of width if we are not careful. 
      That's very true mate, so I think we'd need to see more from Clyne and Moreno. With Can and Lucas in the middle with Firmino just slightly forward and Lallana and Coutinho drifting in and out, I think it could pose some opportunities.

Sakho captain,that is something i really like.

Love it mate.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #39: Oct 25, 2015 12:11:35 am
      I'm tired of waiting for Allen to show his quality. Allowing himself to be nutmegged against Rubin almost sent me into a wild flip-out. Doesn't make the bench in this game for me.

Was thinking maybe Klopp will make a player out of Joe Allen yet. But after the Rubin game that changed to this will be Joes last season as a Liverpool player.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #40: Oct 25, 2015 12:32:36 am
      Sakho
      Sakho Sakho Sakho Sakho
      Sakho  Sakho
      Sakho  Sakho Sakho
      Sakho
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #41: Oct 25, 2015 06:08:28 am
      I am sitting back on this one. As many know, I love creating Live thread and I'm superstitious but I will leave this one because this is the third game of Klopp and do not want another draw.

To be honest, I'm sad about my decision but it is better to win this game than to create a live thread.

A must win for us, to give Klopp and his players that much needed push. YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,996 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #42: Oct 25, 2015 06:31:18 am
      I am sitting back on this one. As many know, I love creating Live thread and I'm superstitious but I will leave this one because this is the third game of Klopp and do not want another draw.

To be honest, I'm sad about my decision but it is better to win this game than to create a live thread.

I'm blaming you Clint if we lose, can you imagine the shame you will feel,  if I were you I'd just carry on as normal and produce yet another fantastic live thread,

I mean this could seriously damage your already brilliant reputation,  could you live with that?   ;)  ;D

YNWA
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      Reply #43: Oct 25, 2015 07:27:24 am

I'm blaming you Clint if we lose, can you imagine the shame you will feel,  if I were you I'd just carry on as normal and produce yet another fantastic live thread,

I mean this could seriously damage your already brilliant reputation,  could you live with that?   ;)  ;D

YNWA
      Thanks for the effort.

I knew someone would write something like that and make me feel worse but I will stick to my decision. I usually when we lose I do not do the next live thread but I want to win this game therefore, I will leave this to others.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #44: Oct 25, 2015 07:27:57 am

YNWA

I'm with Billythered on this one Clint Mate, your OP's are excellent and have probably help us get the draws so without you we're like a ship without a rudder ! to use a famous film title as a quote 'Carry on Regardless'!!!
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      Reply #45: Oct 25, 2015 07:35:32 am
      I'm with Billythered on this one Clint Mate, your OP's are excellent and have probably help us get the draws so without you we're like a ship without a rudder ! to use a famous film title as a quote 'Carry on Regardless'!!!

Thanks Fizz. I want to rest so not to lose my magical sparkles. I want to feel like a beast in a cage next week :)

Quick Reply