Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool v Bournemouth League Cup 4th Round Weds 28/10 7:45ko

Read 11816 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Liverpool v Bournemouth League Cup 4th Round Weds 28/10 7:45ko
      Reply #23: Oct 27, 2015 03:44:45 pm
      I want Bogdan to start he deserves it after his last round heroics. But maybe klopp has different ideas.

I think there will be a few changes, we have had too many games in quick succession not to make changes for a league cup game.

1 young padawan to come in, Joe allen to start for milner, kolo to start rest Sahko.

Benteke & Firmino to play at least 60 mins.

?????

---------- Bogdan ----------

- Clyne - Kolo - Lovren - Enrique -

-------- Allen - Can ----------------

- Ibe -- Texeria - Firmino --

------- Benteke --------------

I don't think there's any value in playing Enrique any more when the chance is there to develop players like Randall etc. Just not ambitious enough and starts turning the first eleven into a rejects eleven compared to a possible future eleven.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #24: Oct 27, 2015 03:46:22 pm
      I don't think there's any value in playing Enrique any more when the chance is there to develop players like Randall etc. Just not ambitious enough and starts turning the first eleven into a rejects eleven compared to a possible future eleven.

Doubt we'll ever see Enrique even make the bench under Jürgen's management.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #25: Oct 27, 2015 03:51:25 pm
      As many games as possible cant be bad ... for Klopp to integrate his ideas.
      No better place than a match day.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,318 posts | 1672 
      Reply #26: Oct 27, 2015 06:43:52 pm
      Jesusl! Ibe must have concrete knees after his slight bump into sturridge how long ago now ??
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #27: Oct 27, 2015 07:04:51 pm
      Doubt we'll ever see Enrique even make the bench under Jürgen's management.

Riise was on twitter last week tweeting not too complimentary things about him. Said that he hoped never to see Enrique play for Liverpool again. Don't know whether John has had some inside info there but it seems consistent with the idea that he's been a right feckless arse of late.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #28: Oct 27, 2015 07:39:59 pm
      Stage is set for Teixeira's home Liverpool FC debut against Bournemouth

Joao Carlos Teixeira is in contention to make his home debut in Liverpool’s League Cup tie with Bournemouth at Anfield on Wednesday night.

Boss Jürgen Klopp is considering handing the Portuguese attacking midfielder only his second senior appearance for the Reds as the German prepares to make changes with one eye on Saturday’s Premier League trip to Chelsea.

Teixeira has been waiting patiently for a chance to impress since battling his way back to fitness in pre-season after a broken leg prematurely ended a successful loan spell at Brighton last term.

Many of the Reds’ most gifted youngsters went out on loan over the summer to continue their development but Teixeira stayed put after being assured that he would get game time.

That failed to happen under Rodgers with Teixeira surprisingly omitted from Liverpool’s Europa League squad. However, the talented rookie is now hoping that Klopp, who named him on the bench for his first game in charge at Tottenham, will put his faith in him.

If Teixeira gets a run out against Eddie Howe’s Bournemouth side then he will realise a dream by making his home bow.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stage-set-teixeiras-home-liverpool-10342559
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #29: Oct 27, 2015 08:12:02 pm
      I don't think its Klopp's style to ease injured players back in. Only 100% fit players will be considered capable of applying the press. One or two players rested but most likely replaced by youngsters. Would like to see Tex get a chance.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #30: Oct 27, 2015 08:21:53 pm
      I'm going for a 1-1 draw
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #31: Oct 27, 2015 08:52:09 pm
      Riise was on twitter last week tweeting not too complimentary things about him. Said that he hoped never to see Enrique play for Liverpool again. Don't know whether John has had some inside info there but it seems consistent with the idea that he's been a right feckless arse of late.

Yeah I saw that FMS, I doubt he would have tweeted that without some foundation and it appears with Randall getting named ahead of him that Enrique finds himself right on the bottom of the pecking order, perhaps exactly where he wants to be by all accounts.

Stage is set for Teixeira's home Liverpool FC debut against Bournemouth

Joao Carlos Teixeira is in contention to make his home debut in Liverpool’s League Cup tie with Bournemouth at Anfield on Wednesday night.

Boss Jürgen Klopp is considering handing the Portuguese attacking midfielder only his second senior appearance for the Reds as the German prepares to make changes with one eye on Saturday’s Premier League trip to Chelsea.

Teixeira has been waiting patiently for a chance to impress since battling his way back to fitness in pre-season after a broken leg prematurely ended a successful loan spell at Brighton last term.

Many of the Reds’ most gifted youngsters went out on loan over the summer to continue their development but Teixeira stayed put after being assured that he would get game time.

That failed to happen under Rodgers with Teixeira surprisingly omitted from Liverpool’s Europa League squad. However, the talented rookie is now hoping that Klopp, who named him on the bench for his first game in charge at Tottenham, will put his faith in him.

If Teixeira gets a run out against Eddie Howe’s Bournemouth side then he will realise a dream by making his home bow.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stage-set-teixeiras-home-liverpool-10342559

Can't wait, think he'll make a huge impact to our game, time to grasp this opportunity Tex!!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #32: Oct 27, 2015 09:03:48 pm
      Can't wait, think he'll make a huge impact to our game, time to grasp this opportunity Tex!!

I hope he does too Luke, he gives us something different to Cou and could do exceptionally well for us in time.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #33: Oct 27, 2015 09:09:17 pm
      Gone for 3-1 on this one but one things for sure it's going to be a win or loss for Jürgen tomorrow !
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #34: Oct 27, 2015 10:30:58 pm
      I see Benteke is now injured and out of this one. Will we catch a break this season? To be honest, I see us struggling to score against anyone with the hapless Origi up there. I'd rather we went with a false 9 or gave Jordan Ibe a go up there
      rossyred

• 9,318 posts | 1672 
      Reply #35: Oct 27, 2015 10:32:04 pm
      Benteke out and for Saturday  :mad:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #36: Oct 27, 2015 10:32:57 pm
      Rumours it's his ACL
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #37: Oct 27, 2015 10:35:55 pm
      It was madness spending that much money on a injury prone striker.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #38: Oct 27, 2015 10:48:12 pm
      Typical that the only striker who hasn't scored and doesn't look likely to, is fit as a butchers f**king dog.

Even Balotelli out on loan is injured :)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #39: Oct 27, 2015 10:49:29 pm
      Typical that the only striker who hasn't scored and doesn't look likely to, is fit as a butchers f**king dog.

Can't get injured standing still  :D

Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #40: Oct 27, 2015 10:53:37 pm
      Give our middies don't really score many goals we're actually pretty much Fuc....ked without Studge, Ings and Benteke.

I'm serious, I'd give Ibe a game or two and see what he can offer, or perhaps young Sinclair. Origi is not the answer even if he is the only available answer.

Good news is the chavs are in poor shape for the weekend having gone to extra time and blow it on pens tonight
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #41: Oct 27, 2015 10:57:59 pm
      Give our middies don't really score many goals we're actually pretty much Fuc....ked without Studge, Ings and Benteke.

I'm serious, I'd give Ibe a game or two and see what he can offer, or perhaps young Sinclair. Origi is not the answer even if he is the only available answer.

Good news is the chavs are in poor shape for the weekend having gone to extra time and blow it on pens tonight

More chance of getting a Chelsea striker on our scoresheet on Saturday than Origi getting on it. Can't believe we're probably going to Stamford Bridge with Origi leading the line.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #42: Oct 27, 2015 10:58:11 pm

For fucks sake!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #43: Oct 27, 2015 10:59:27 pm

The Liverpool manager knows his player well from Germany and he believes he was for a period the best player in the Bundesliga last year.

“Last time with Brazil he played as a nine, usually he plays in offensive midfield or second striker or he can come from the wing, he can play in the centre. He’s a pretty skilled player.

“There was some time, I would say one year ago, when he was for a few months for sure the best player in the Bundesliga.
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-rules-out-early-liverpool-10342420?

Maybe Firmino?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #44: Oct 27, 2015 11:00:35 pm

Pretty much sums up our luck this season. How is that possible though?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #45: Oct 27, 2015 11:00:59 pm

No other choice, right? I really don't fancy Origi at all.

Quick Reply