Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Leicester City

Read 58843 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Leicester City thread
      Reply #115: Mar 09, 2016 09:56:04 am
      Done discussing this, your are clearly talking crap now. You are comparing FA cup win to winning the league.

:-\

Do you have problems understanding the written word?

I'm not comparing that at all

I'm comparing over stretching and not having a long term sustainable plan

Excellent news

But there is no need to be rude, it gets you know where nowhere mate

But like I said if you want a charity bet on it then I'm happy to do so.

I see this forum has Zoe's place as a registered charity.. Or you choose

Enjoy your day
      « Last Edit: Mar 09, 2016 10:06:29 am by Kopite78, Reason: Corrected auto spell as kindly pointed out by the village idiot »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #116: Mar 09, 2016 10:00:51 am
      But there is no need to be rude, it gets you know where mate
      I don't want to turn this into a grammar thread, but you gotta work on that, people will pickup on those kind of mistakes and it will make content you write even less credible than it already is.
      Kopite78
      Reply #117: Mar 09, 2016 10:04:12 am
      I don't want to turn this into a grammar thread, but you gotta work on that, people will pickup on those kind of mistakes and it will make content you write even less credible than it already is.

:D

Nice one buddy.

Coming from someone who posts like they are talking without taking breath and seems to have a very poor concept of the language I'll take an auto spell from my phone with a pinch of salt

8)

I've just read back through our conversation, like in this reply you have completely ignored the points I've raised to just be rude.. Whereas I've tried to counter and discuss the points you raise, you simply ignored mine

Take care mate.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #118: Mar 09, 2016 10:09:52 am
      :D

Nice one buddy.

Coming from someone who posts like they are talking without taking breath and seems to have a very poor concept of the language I'll take an auto spell from my phone with a pinch of salt

8)

I've just read back through our conversation, like in this reply you have completely ignored the points I've raised to just be rude.. Whereas I've tried to counter and discuss the points you raise, you simply ignored mine

Take care mate.
      if you think I ignored them, then that just indicates I wasted time in replying to them if you can't identify what is in reply to what. I am not spelling it out.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #119: Mar 09, 2016 11:20:38 am
      Done discussing this, your are clearly talking crap now. You are comparing FA cup win to winning the league. Wigan and Portsmouth managed their side specifically to focus on the FA cup...like we did when we won the Champions League in 2005.... this doesn't mean they were the best team.. it means they were most focused on the cup, winning the FA cup doesn't get you into the CL, nor is the prize money anywhere as big is finishing higher in the league, not does it get as big TV deals.

I agree with half of what you're saying - Leicester aren't top by luck, it's down to consistency on their part but... what? Pompey managed their side exclusively for the FA Cup in the 07/08 season? Then why did they finish 8th in the League on 57 points ahead of Spurs, Newcastle and West Ham? I feel like you make a good point and then completely ruin it by giving your opinion on something you haven't researched.

Furthermore;

Bridge, Milner, Aguero, Silva, Nasri, Barry, Hart, Toure, Tevez pretty much all joined City around the same time when they had won nothing and were not even a top four team.

Uh... okay? Aguero joined City in July 2011 after they finished third in the League. Nasri joined in August that year, too. Tevez switched because he got pissed off with Ferguson; Hart was a City youth product; Touré fell out of favour to Busquets at Barca (God knows why); Barry and Milner joined from non-CL sides; Silva joined from a sickeningly under-performing Valencia side and Bridge was just terrible anyway.

Finally;

There's being helpful and pointing out grammatical errors to be polite and constructive, and then there's being condescending. You're hitting the latter part quite hard and I'm not liking that.

If the staff here see nothing wrong with how Kopite78 is posting, then there's no need for you to point it out. If we see something wrong, we'll take action. Leave it to us, don't be unhelpful.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #120: Mar 09, 2016 12:17:25 pm
      I agree with half of what you're saying - Leicester aren't top by luck, it's down to consistency on their part but... what? Pompey managed their side exclusively for the FA Cup in the 07/08 season? Then why did they finish 8th in the League on 57 points ahead of Spurs, Newcastle and West Ham? I feel like you make a good point and then completely ruin it by giving your opinion on something you haven't researched.
      I could have sworn they won the league and got relegated in the same season, I could just be remembering it totally wrong.

biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #121: Mar 09, 2016 12:51:30 pm
      I think the idea of Leicester suddenly attracting top talent is not going to happen. We had one season in the CL and it didn't bring in star players, teams need multiple seasons in the CL before top drawer talent will come, unless the team are backed by a huge wallet
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #122: Mar 09, 2016 01:35:36 pm
      I think the idea of Leicester suddenly attracting top talent is not going to happen. We had one season in the CL and it didn't bring in star players, teams need multiple seasons in the CL before top drawer talent will come, unless the team are backed by a huge wallet
      There is never a gaurentee a team will qualify for champions league. Liverpool, Chelsea and United are not in the top four now.... the days of consistently qualifying for CL are over. Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Man United, Leicester, Liverpool, Spurs and West Ham are all contenders for champions league places this season... that is 8 teams with 9 games to go. 5 years ago there were only 4 contenders even before the run in. You are living in the past if you think the PL has not changed in the last 5 years. It is more competitive now.

Spurs - Sometimes qualify for CL. Better this season
      Liverpool - Sometimes qualify for CL - Not got better or worse for some time.
      Arsenal - Frequently scraping CL qualification. Burn out every season. 9 players injured, possibility of falling out top 4.
      Chelsea - Not going to qualify.
      Man U - Did not qualify last season and likely won't this season.

Man City - Barely scraping 4th, but New manager coming in, League Champions
      West Ham - Doing very well, 3 points behind 3rd - means nothing if they finish 5th.
      Leicester - Probably going to win the league.

If I was a footballer I would chose a team getting better, regardless of past CL history.
      Teams in Blue on the rise and Red in decline.
      « Last Edit: Mar 09, 2016 01:54:00 pm by Ribapuru »
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #123: Mar 09, 2016 03:11:17 pm
      There is never a gaurentee a team will qualify for champions league. Liverpool, Chelsea and United are not in the top four now.... the days of consistently qualifying for CL are over. Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Man United, Leicester, Liverpool, Spurs and West Ham are all contenders for champions league places this season... that is 8 teams with 9 games to go. 5 years ago there were only 4 contenders even before the run in. You are living in the past if you think the PL has not changed in the last 5 years. It is more competitive now.

Spurs - Sometimes qualify for CL. Better this season
      Liverpool - Sometimes qualify for CL - Not got better or worse for some time.
      Arsenal - Frequently scraping CL qualification. Burn out every season. 9 players injured, possibility of falling out top 4.
      Chelsea - Not going to qualify.
      Man U - Did not qualify last season and likely won't this season.

Man City - Barely scraping 4th, but New manager coming in, League Champions
      West Ham - Doing very well, 3 points behind 3rd - means nothing if they finish 5th.
      Leicester - Probably going to win the league.

If I was a footballer I would chose a team getting better, regardless of past CL history.
      Teams in Blue on the rise and Red in decline.

You're absolutely right there is no guarantee however i think you're looking at it rather short term. If you were a player and the ultimate goal for you is champions league football you'd look at the bigger picture and think to yourself which of these teams are going to be regularly playing champions league football.

That's your Arsenals, your Chelseas your Man City's of the league. Sure there's bound to be the odd slip up (as this season has clearly shown) but lets face it in 5 years time clubs like these will have qualified for the UCL more times than the likes of Leicester and West Ham.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #124: Mar 09, 2016 04:06:29 pm
      You're absolutely right there is no guarantee however i think you're looking at it rather short term. If you were a player and the ultimate goal for you is champions league football you'd look at the bigger picture and think to yourself which of these teams are going to be regularly playing champions league football.

That's your Arsenals, your Chelseas your Man City's of the league. Sure there's bound to be the odd slip up (as this season has clearly shown) but lets face it in 5 years time clubs like these will have qualified for the UCL more times than the likes of Leicester and West Ham.
      I understand that, but in 5 years it is quite possible Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea are still playing in the Europa League. There is talk of an exodus at Chelsea in the summer. When a team misses the champions league for just one season it is so damaging and the whole club needs to restructure to get back there, we of all people should know that with Liverpool. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see players going to Leicester instead of Chelsea.
      Kopite78
      Reply #125: Mar 09, 2016 04:23:07 pm
      Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see players going to Leicester instead of Chelsea.

:-\

friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #126: Mar 09, 2016 04:56:25 pm
      I wouldn't be surprised to see players going to Leicester instead of Chelsea.

:cool-smiley-027:
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #127: Mar 14, 2016 10:06:58 pm
      Isn't it typical that the league title which has eluded us for so long and dominates our thoughts ... could go to Leicester, and they haven't even spent big.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #128: Mar 14, 2016 10:35:10 pm
      Top 3 at the moment have stability, Citeh stuttering since the Guardiola announcement.

It's a shame we are late to the party...

Hope Ranieri clinches the title as it would be the middle finger to Abrohmavich.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #129: Mar 15, 2016 10:08:25 am
      Top 3 at the moment have stability, Citeh stuttering since the Guardiola announcement.

It's a shame we are late to the party...

Hope Ranieri clinches the title as it would be the middle finger to Abrohmavich.

Top 2 mate. Arsenal are barely hanging in there.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #130: Mar 15, 2016 04:19:16 pm
      Isn't it typical that the league title which has eluded us for so long and dominates our thoughts ... could go to Leicester, and they haven't even spent big.

Stop acting like a manc from the 80s then!!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,267 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Leicester City
      Reply #131: Mar 19, 2016 05:57:45 pm
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #132: Mar 19, 2016 06:01:16 pm
      I'm happy for Leicester to keep on winning and take the title this season because then The cu*ts can't win it.  ;D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #133: Apr 03, 2016 07:34:34 pm
      I think Leicester will have it wrapped up by the end of this month.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #134: Apr 04, 2016 01:47:58 pm
      Glad for Leicester and their fans, must be a dream for them.
        but the commentators and pundits creaming over eachother and coming out with romantic quips about them is really spoiling it. They seemed chuffed with eachother like a bunch of plebs that they are even though all season they have constantly said this won't happen and they'll slump.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #135: Apr 04, 2016 11:38:46 pm
      Starting to wear a bit thin now constantly hearing about how a year ago they were bottom of the league but a year on look like winning it. Yes, we get the message, don't need to keep banging on about that fact. Last year they were sh*t, this year they are good. It will be interesting to hear what's being said about them when they are back down towards mid table come next season. I'm pleased to see another team look like winning it instead of the usual but is it just me or are their fans suddenly getting an ego and thinking they are up there with the best around and as if they belong at the top?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #136: Apr 05, 2016 12:54:07 am
      I really don't get the animosity towards Leicester.

If they do win the league, then they did it the right way.  The didn't spend hundreds of millions on players with absurd wages like City or Chelsea did.  They bought smart, developed their players, had faith in players that no one else did.

On top of it they're not parking the bus and winning like Chelsea did a couple of years back.  They play attractive football, they work hard as a team, and they are a breath of fresh air.

None of our "rivals" are winning it.  It's not the Mancs, or one of the soulless clubs like Chelsea or City.

I'm really happy for them, they have earned the right to shout it a million times if they want to, that they're going to win the league.  Good on them too.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #137: Apr 05, 2016 01:17:44 am
      I really don't get the animosity towards Leicester.

If they do win the league, then they did it the right way.  The didn't spend hundreds of millions on players with absurd wages like City or Chelsea did.  They bought smart, developed their players, had faith in players that no one else did.

On top of it they're not parking the bus and winning like Chelsea did a couple of years back.  They play attractive football, they work hard as a team, and they are a breath of fresh air.

None of our "rivals" are winning it.  It's not the Mancs, or one of the soulless clubs like Chelsea or City.

I'm really happy for them, they have earned the right to shout it a million times if they want to, that they're going to win the league.  Good on them too.
      They aren't our rivals now, but next season they could be if they spend the TV prize money, new sponsorship deals and champions league qualification money, plus premier league prize money on players. Since they have spend only around 20m on that team, it means they can spend hundreds of millions on players without worrying about fair play policy, with the players they have they probably won't even need to spend that much. If they keep their star players and buy a few quality players we will be seeing them as rivals. This whole Leicester will be mid table next season will happen for sure if all their star players leave and they buy nobody, but that is a big if. People will respond about how useless FFP is but I seem to remember City being penalized and having to change their wage bill and spending structure. Chelsea had to slow down on spending especially after Torres 50m and he didn't perform... it is probably half the reason the so called lesser teams like West Ham and Leicester are competing now. We ourselves had an FFP scare too.

Quick Reply