Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

2015-2016 Premier League Title - Can we dream?

Read 10812 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      2015-2016 Premier League Title - Can we dream?
      Dec 03, 2015 02:40:32 pm
      Maybe this is premature, maybe it's a bit pie in the sky, but I can't help but catch myself thinking "just maybe".

A new man in charge, an invigorated club, an invigorated team, scoring goals, defending (mostly ;D) and I believe  I saw it written that we are higher in the league at this point in time than we were when we finished 2nd just a couple years back. We've played all the big boys at their grounds already....it's setting up nicely for Jürgen to take us marching to the top.

I'm sure people will tell me why I shouldn't dream....but I'm going to ignore them and dream anyway. COYR!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Re: 2015-2016 Premier League Title - Can we dream?
      Reply #1: Dec 03, 2015 02:47:46 pm
      Maybe this is premature, maybe it's a bit pie in the sky, but I can't help but catch myself thinking "just maybe".

A new man in charge, an invigorated club, an invigorated team, scoring goals, defending (mostly ;D) and I believe  I saw it written that we are higher in the league at this point in time than we were when we finished 2nd just a couple years back. We've played all the big boys at their grounds already....it's setting up nicely for Jürgen to take us marching to the top.

I'm sure people will tell me why I shouldn't dream....but I'm going to ignore them and dream anyway. COYR!
      Doesn't surprise me but that season we went on a run of winning like 13 PL games right after christmas. It would be very very impressive to match that.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2: Dec 03, 2015 02:52:56 pm

No one stops anyone from dreaming!

But to achieve that would take monumental efforts. To start with, most of us are still utterly unconvinced with our form at Anfield (with the graveyard atmosphere a minor contributor) and that's why the bold part is the problem. Home is where we find it difficult to find the back of the net. Based on current form, we have 6 'winnable' fixtures - 4 away and 2 at home - before Arsenal and United come to Anfield.

Lets see where we are then and talk again on Jan-17. But I'm very optimistic on a top-4 now, finishing ahead of Spurs and Chelsea (no disrespect to Leicester)

Doesn't surprise me but that season we went on a run of winning like 13 PL games right after christmas. It would be very very impressive to match that.

Yup, we never lost a game between the 2 losses to Chelsea! End of Dec to End of Apr... that's quite something!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,336 posts | 4960 
      Reply #3: Dec 03, 2015 02:55:59 pm
      I think most on here know my thoughts on this.

Of course we can win it.

Will we?

Who knows and time will tell but I think this squad along with Jürgen is capable.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4: Dec 03, 2015 03:04:28 pm
      The previous 10 games BK (Before Klopp) we won only one game.

The first 10 games AK  (After Klopp ) we have lost only one ("f**king" :) ) game.

We are staying grounded because of the three years BK.

Six points ?

The way the others are playing?

The fixtures we have second half of the season ?

FU*K YEH   !
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5: Dec 03, 2015 03:21:28 pm

Not premature at all and if anybody tells you not to dream tell the miserable b***ard to go and swivel on it.

Paul Cope described it perfectly on TAW's post match 'The Pink' podcast last night so I'll repeat to an extent.

If you're not enjoying this now and are one of those people that says that they'll only be happy when we've actually won something then I struggle to see what you're in it for. You're missing out.

This is currently great and something, at this very early stage, is happening here and straight away I'm jumping right on board with the title talk. Again, coming close and failing come May can produce the knock on effect from over achieving but f**k it, this is supposed to be fun.  We over achieved in the 13/14 season but tell me: What season did you enjoy most during Rodgers' time here? (and don't any smart arses say this one ;) )

Title talk? I'm all over that sh*t! What's the worst that could happen? We don't win it? Well I'm numb to that pain but I'm not too accustomed to being in and enjoying title races.

Smile, sit comfortably, buckle up and enjoy the ride. Just get all over it, you'll enjoy it.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,974 posts | 5034 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #6: Dec 03, 2015 03:21:43 pm
      Don't discount this season yet ppl, we're only six points adrift of top spot with more than half the season to go, last weekend we jumped up 4 places what with results elsewhere going our way,

I'm definately not giving up until it's mathematically impossible, with Klopp to bring in one or two of his players in Jan, and making us stronger, who's to say we won't go on a winning streak, perhaps that winning streak has already begun,

And no I'm not getting carried away, well maybe I am a wee bit but how can you not be ?

History tells us that when a manager is employed he invariably has his team playing better and better the more he spends with them on the training field, look how we were prior to Jürgen's arrival as to what we are like now after something like 10 weeks or so,
      So what of the next 10 weeks ? Ask yourselves this, come mid Feb do you think we will still be six pts of the top, or do you think that at this precise moment in time is simply a vane of form and that we will simply fall away,

Not to sound arrogant or pig headed, I believe we will be right in the mix, within the top 4, with the already won league cup sat in the trophy room, and continually battering teams into submission, we of course will still have little bumps along the way, but so will the other contenders, not one side is going to run away with it,

Can we dream 2015/16 ? Yes we can, for one title after another ?

BOSS THA !

YNWA
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 61 
      Reply #7: Dec 03, 2015 03:22:50 pm
      6 points isn't much at this stage of the season,with so many points to play for,and our closest rivals to play at home,so yes i think we can bring home no.19.  Klopp has got this team playing to a totally different level to BR,i have said on the Klopp thread,for me if Sturridge can stay fit,and it is a big if,he will bang the goals in all day long,we will defo be in with a shout come May.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #8: Dec 03, 2015 03:25:37 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #9: Dec 03, 2015 03:48:57 pm
      The PL standard in general is poor this season.

We have a very capable squad guided by a world class manager.

So we have as good a chance as anyone else in my opinion.

We Can. I Believe.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #10: Dec 03, 2015 03:53:47 pm
      Not premature at all and if anybody tells you not to dream tell the miserable b***ard to go and swivel on it.

Paul Cope described it perfectly on TAW's post match 'The Pink' podcast last night so I'll repeat to an extent.

If you're not enjoying this now and are one of those people that says that they'll only be happy when we've actually won something then I struggle to see what you're in it for. You're missing out.

This is currently great and something, at this very early stage, is happening here and straight away I'm jumping right on board with the title talk. Again, coming close and failing come May can produce the knock on effect from over achieving but f**k it, this is supposed to be fun.  We over achieved in the 13/14 season but tell me: What season did you enjoy most during Rodgers' time here? (and don't any smart arses say this one ;) )

Title talk? I'm all over that sh*t! What's the worst that could happen? We don't win it? Well I'm numb to that pain but I'm not too accustomed to being in and enjoying title races.

Smile, sit comfortably, buckle up and enjoy the ride. Just get all over it, you'll enjoy it.

Brilliantly put!

I'll dare to dream, cos it actually looks like it'll come to fruition in the next couple of seasons, however there is no reason why we can't get some gorgeous momentum going, and I truly believe this current form is just the beginning.

Even though I love our squad at present, what if we are surprised with a top signing in January which will get the goosebumps going with excitement. I don't expect a Reus type signing yet, but imagine lucking out with a player of the ilk of Lacazette?

In 2013-14 it was more in wonder for me and the belief grew. The only time I really thought the title was definitely ours was after the win over City.

Dare to dream guys. If you are a true Red, f**k realism, and dare to dream. I think this season is up for grabs as there are many so called upsets and no team is streaking clear. What's the worst that can happen? I'm sure we can all deal with disappointment as we've all had to come to terms, in our own ways with such a long Title drought.

Don't judge us for what we are now, believe that we can improve and the squad can still be bolstered in January with some fresh blood.

Watching the recent games against Chelsea and City and today's mauling, the fear factor is back, similar to how opposition defenders' body language looked in the days of El Pistolero.

You just never know.

YNWA
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #11: Dec 03, 2015 04:42:29 pm
      F**k it, if you can't dream and get excited then what's the point of being a football fan!? To be a cynical b***ard? F**k that, I want the excitement, the euphoria, even those terrible lows that make the highs so much better! And who's to say any of us can't enjoy that!?

Football is fun again, so can we win the league, of course we can! We can win the whole lot, and have a party trying to do it! And I'll tell you what, Jürgen throws a great party!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #12: Dec 03, 2015 04:54:21 pm
      Do we dream? Of course.

Will we? (Highly) Likely not.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #13: Dec 03, 2015 05:06:09 pm
      Dream no not really......because .its not a dream its a very real possibility based on our recent performances.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #14: Dec 03, 2015 05:20:06 pm
      Of course we can dream!!  City are 1 long term injury to Aguero away from being mediocre.  Arsenal are already suffering an injury crisis and could stumble in the coming weeks.  Utd look the front runners at this point due to a very easy fixture list over the next 5 weeks, but we are in the same boat.  We have a pretty manageable schedule between now and January and if we can make up 2 or 3 points on Utd between now and then, then it's game on in the 2nd half of the season!!!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15: Dec 03, 2015 05:51:33 pm
      I let myself get carried away in 2013/14 season and ended up bitterly dissapointed, I won't be making that mistake again, I'm going to keep my feet firmly on the ground, but I can't fail to be excited at the way Klopp has turned our fortunes around, there will be many twists and turns between now and the end of May and I'm going to enjoy every single one.

Fasten your safety belts folks, it's going to be one hell of a bumpy ride.

Can we win it? Yes, we can, BUT I'd be more than happy to finish in the top four with a final or two in the cup competitions, there is one thing I am sure of though, Jürgen Klopp will win the Premiership with Liverpool Football Club.  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

With this kind of passion behind us, who knows how far we can go  ;) ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #16: Dec 03, 2015 05:59:48 pm
      Were only 6 points off top spot.

League is ours to lose ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17: Dec 03, 2015 06:19:41 pm
      Were only 6 points off top spot.

League is ours to lose ;D

;D

Boss Tha   Shabs mate.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #18: Dec 03, 2015 06:21:16 pm
      Realistically, we can't say where we can be. We might win it and we might target top 4 comfortably and a cup win.

With Klopp, we turned around losing 1-0 to wins: Bordeaux, Chelsea, Southampton. I can't remember ever doing that under Rodgers.

He gave the team and fans that belief, magic dust and urge to win.

Yes we can dream and God n klopp can do the rest :D
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 342 
      Reply #19: Dec 03, 2015 06:34:00 pm
      Instead of just dreaming, let's believe.  Then, as well as believing, expect.  There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #20: Dec 03, 2015 06:40:48 pm
      If we can keep our form and going into the new year with positive results in the next few weeks, why not. We just have to keep our consistency, drop as few points as possible and let others stumble along the way and we are in with a chance. Red cafe is shitting bricks at the moment and they know too well we're back big time.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #21: Dec 03, 2015 08:18:09 pm
      How can we not dream?

This man Klopp makes it possible. Didn't think we'd have as good as opportunity to win it once Suarez left, but I do believe again.

F**k, I don't even get worried if the other team scores first anymore, I know we have the mettle, the abilities and the desire to get us the 3 points everytime.

Roll on the rest of the Season and may the best team (that being us) win.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #22: Dec 04, 2015 09:26:49 am
      Dreaming is great and everyone should be encouraged to do it. For my part I'll offer up a bit of sobering analysis.

If Sturridge stays fit it is my guess that by the end of the season he could end up with 20 goals in the league. I know that would require a phenomenal effort (I think it's 18 goals in 25 games or something), but he's easily capable of that IMHO. On a side note, I actually think he could better that and is worth a bet for top goalscorer, you'll get a ridiculous price.

The league is awful this season, absolutely p!ss poor. Chelsea cannot win it but will improve, beating some of our rivals along the way. The Mancs cannot win it because they are in turmoil and no team has ever won it with a manager who gas a head like a totem pole, fact. Arsenal have got an unbelievable run of injuries and because of this IMHO, they cannot win it either. Leicester won't win it (although if we don't I hope they do) simply because they won't, while Tottenham won't either, for the same reason.

That leaves Man City who are absolute certainties, or they should be. The problem for them is, they have progressed in the Champions League this season, and we must all hope and prey that they get a good draw in the next round. Keep the f*ckers in there as long as possible and their star players lose all interest in games against Sunderland, Bournemouth and the like. Added to that, there's then the increased chance they'll end up playing Barcelona or Bayern in the last eight, huge hype and anticipation (with rested players in the league, distractions and lost points) before they get banjoed about 8-0 over two legs.

Can we win it? Yes. Will we? If Sturridge stays fit, my best guess is we'll be within 3 points of the top come the end of the season, whether that'll be ahead or behind only time will tell.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #23: Dec 04, 2015 09:33:54 am
      I understand the need to dream and I wouldn't stop anyone but I think that's all it is, a dream.

We're too thin in vital areas to expect to be able to sustain the run we'd need. I know we've played most of the top teams away but our away form is better than our home so having them come to Anfield is not the advantage it's being played up to be.

I also think that our lads will fatigue late on, come April and May if we've been unable to rotate enough then we're simply going to run out of legs. That's not a criticism of Klopp or his tactics, he's doing the best with what he has but I just don't see us sustaining this throughout the season because of that. I'll be honest when he came in I thought it would take him 3 years to get us back on top, right now though he has me shortening that assessment and I think 2 years and we might be serious contenders.

So yeah go ahead and dream but don't be too disappointed if our lads can't quite see it out.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #24: Dec 04, 2015 09:47:53 am
      Because the quality of the best league in the world is so poor I think we will be in the mix but all depends on the fitness of Sturridge -if we had a couple of more players in his brilliant category we would be certs.
      If we could get our midfielders scoring more goals that would be huge.........
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #25: Dec 04, 2015 10:25:25 am
      Won 7 drawn 3 lost 1 in league form would give us 24 points which would give us 80 points plus so its good form and we have winnable games coming up and we have Chelsea,UTD,Arsenal and Spurs to come to Anfield so we all wanted Klopp to keep us in touch for Jan Transfer window buy a few stars and press on. He has done far better than that with the players he has we are genuine title contenders now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #26: Dec 04, 2015 11:29:14 am
      One. Game. At. A. Time!!
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #27: Dec 04, 2015 11:34:57 am
      The last few games have been a big big morale booster, however, we need to keep our focus and not let our guards down and slip into a complacent mode. Let's put the big wins behind us, nothing but 100% focus on the next game, then the next game, then the next game and so on. If we could keep our focus and our composure, we'll be up there challenging. Why not.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #28: Dec 04, 2015 12:21:40 pm
      We have many things going in our favour:

- Squad depth
      - Already played last season's top 5 away, plus Everton
      - We're now scoring for fun
      - Confidence is sky high
      - We're only 6 points off

I don't think it'd be unreasonable to suggest we could go on a 24 game winning run. I believe we'll finish on 95 pts. ;)
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #29: Dec 04, 2015 02:53:56 pm
      Of course we can! We can do whatever we want. We're LIVERPOOL!
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 491 
      Reply #30: Dec 04, 2015 06:09:08 pm
      Only league?

Why not the other three trophies too?  :laugh:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #31: Dec 04, 2015 06:31:19 pm
      Why not...we're playing fantastic football and we have the best manager in the league...

I don't believe we are worse than the likes of Arsenal or Man U, and while City have the best players, that didn't stop us from mullering them on their own patch. The league is wide open this year, so yes, let's f*cking go for it!
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,059 posts | 547 
      Reply #32: Dec 04, 2015 07:29:40 pm
      Hope we can dream cause I put a tenner on at 25/1 two weeks ago  ;)

I got 15/1 before the Southampton game. Imagine its come in a bit more since.

I genuinely think we have a shout. Our fixture list is not bad from here on in. Chelsea are out of it. Man U are average and Arsenal are a bit soft.
      If we could rely on Sturridge being fit I'd say we had a great chance.
      Still I've been quite impressed with Benteke and , who knows maybe Sturridge will thrive on some tough love from Jürgen.
      Half decent luck with injuries and I think we will contend.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #33: Dec 04, 2015 08:34:55 pm
      This season, it's wide open. So yes, we definitely can win it. We have the manager and the players to pull it off, plus the belief must be sky high.

Let's do it!! Starting at St James on Sunday. 2-7 away win for Klopps mighty red army!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #34: Dec 04, 2015 08:36:19 pm
      Can we win the league? Yes.

Before we start getting too carried away though, a video of the Swansea game may come in handy. The frustrating slow build up, the misplaced passes, the one shot on target bar the goal, the nervy defending, the tension in the crowd. That's the reality of where we are now. We're still a work in progress, and there's still a fair way to walk before we run.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #35: Dec 04, 2015 08:44:59 pm
      Can we dream? Yeah why not..
      My belief is strong and for once in a long time I am full of optimism for every fixture that comes along..

As i've said before the demoralising defeat of Man City in front of their adorable fans was the Tsunami of hope for me..

My team had transformed literally over night from a nervous bunch of going nowhere's in to title winning players..

Sprinkle a couple of spices in to the squad over January and we'll give it a f**kin good go that's a given..

:scarf:
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #36: Dec 04, 2015 09:09:38 pm
      Bring on Jan 13 and 17. The Arse and then the Scum.

I would love to be at our peak to tear the Scum to shreds at home. We owe them a hiding.

I'd love to see the dour look on Louis 'Head like a totem-pole' Van Gaal (bigmick you funny b***ard!) it would be priceless.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,386 posts | 1542 
      Reply #37: Dec 04, 2015 10:22:18 pm
      I'm scared to even think about it. Oh F**k! I just did.
      Not gonna even try and imagine us winning it. Just gonna go on week by week. We will have minor set backs along the way, and we still have to hope those at the top drop 6 points more than us. I know we've done the hard part, but we have a recent history of cocking up against the mid table sides.  Possible yes, but we need a lot of luck to go our way as well as our own impetus. Hold tight please, gonna be an exciting time ahead.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #38: Dec 04, 2015 11:35:49 pm
      Most non Liverpool fans, pundits and dickheads (experts) are only giving us an outside chance of top 4 and our recent momentum under Jürgen has yielded less points than all our main rivals who are currently above us.

When Brendan left us we were in 12th place and 6 points behind the then 1st placed team, we're now in 6th place and still 6 points off top spot.

Near enough every team ever to win the premier league, or had a serious challenge for it, have gone on a winning run of 10 or more games at some stage in the season, so do that and we have a very serious chance.

As much as I'm loving our results and performances so far, we need that winning run.  We're possibly already on it with the games coming up before new year.  Give me a fantastic performance and result at home, the kind we've seen in our aways and I'm confident we'll challenge.

Until then I've already fu**ed off the sh*te above and jumped on the "we're gonna win the league" freight train - choo choo!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #39: Dec 05, 2015 01:00:12 am
      Call me crazy but 5 points off the top...we could have a tilt at the title if he hits the ground running.

Don't let that margin grow between us and the team at the top until January and we could run 'em down with a signing or two.

But i think top four and a run in the EL would do me just fine.

Not changing my stance yet.

We just need to hang in there, reassess in January and see what we can do in the window should Jürgen want to. The Premier League has always been about putting yourself in a position to make a run late in the season and i don't see this season being different.

Stay close to the top and we can do it. Add a player or two of real quality and i'll go and put my life savings on it.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #40: Dec 05, 2015 01:25:38 am
      This month's fixtures look exactly like the games we've struggled in.

Teams home and away prepared to take a point.

Our best wins in recent weeks have been against two teams going for a win in the Premier League and two teams who had to go for it in cup ties.

Teams going for it against us we have beaten soundly. It's been much more difficult against the point snatchers.

This month is a real test for us.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #41: Dec 05, 2015 08:19:12 am
      Yes We can but with a bit of magic from the lads in games like Swansea.

YNWA
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #42: Dec 05, 2015 08:28:40 am
      Of course we can dream, some posters criticise us older REDS for going on about the 1960s-70s and 80s but after seeing so much success in those days is it any wonder we dream of L.F.C. being  successful again.I often dream of getting in the queue to pay my few bob at the turnstile to get into the kop, the banter between the coppers and the crowd and the thrill of getting into the KOP will always be engraved in my mind. Now back to the present day I would love my dream to become a reality and see our REDS become league champions once again, we have been too long as also ran's  and not even been considered a threat to other teams. Now we have a manager with the know how to instil that knowledge into players who were floundering before he arrived. Yes dreams are alive at Anfield once again.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #43: Dec 05, 2015 10:46:37 am

It is what it is , its F***ing exciting edge of the seat nut grabbing poetry in motion football what more could you ask for,
       with improvements to come the big fella said so .
      After the City game I was buzzin for more ,I watched 20 mins of the Spurs V West Ham game the following day I couldn't watch anymore after 20 mins I was  bored rigid ,I needed a Liverpool fix which was days away the Swansea game brings you back down to earth ,but a wins a win ,then Wednesday puts you on cloud 9 again  , must admit first 15 mins Im thinking Jürgen whats the script it looks a bit dodgy bad goal at the back post Moreno jumping with a guy 2 ft taller than him only going to be one result there ,
      Then Studge started the magic then the football just blows you away, a different system ,5 first choice players not there benched or whatever, then to cap it all  young up and coming striker gets a shot at the title scores  a hat trick gets  MOTM  its the stuff dreams are made of to right Im dreaming,the entire population of Newcastle will be wearing pampers tomorrow if theyre not they F***ing should be.

Mon The Reds
      YNWA
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,336 posts | 4960 
      Reply #44: Dec 05, 2015 12:17:52 pm
      This month's fixtures look exactly like the games we've struggled in.

Teams home and away prepared to take a point.

Our best wins in recent weeks have been against two teams going for a win in the Premier League and two teams who had to go for it in cup ties.

Teams going for it against us we have beaten soundly. It's been much more difficult against the point snatchers.

This month is a real test for us.

Agree on this.

They look like games we should win but in the past have struggled in these exact type of games.

A good run up to Xmas will see us right in the hunt.

Tomorrow's game looks easy but its one we could easily slip up in if we take it lightly.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #45: Dec 05, 2015 02:29:31 pm
      The league is wide open again. Why not?

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #46: Dec 05, 2015 02:35:05 pm
      Stoke 2 City 0 this league is wide open.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 61 
      Reply #47: Dec 05, 2015 02:51:43 pm
      So city got beat again,i will dampen my excitement until after tomorrows game and see where we are,but we have a great chance this year.
      Claudio
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #48: Dec 05, 2015 03:31:32 pm
      I do think we can win the league. We beat Manchester City 1-4 away who are probably the best team in England at the moment... I know that one game doesn't make a season, but think about it lads: we beat Manchester City and Chelsea without  our best players. Now that Sturridge and Henderson are fit, we have a very good side.
      Skrtel, Milner, Henderson, Coutinho and Sturridge... they're top class players that any team would like to have.
      Also, Firmino is very promising, and Lovren has been quite consistent so far... we're not the best team in the league, but football can be unpredictable, so let's not give up.
      If you don't think about the first 6 games, we've been one of the best teams.
      « Last Edit: Dec 05, 2015 03:47:53 pm by Claudio »
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #49: Dec 05, 2015 05:29:12 pm
      Why not?  City are no longer the team they were, United are no were near being the team they would like to be.  Arsenal and Leicester will blow up after Christmas, so why not go for it.
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #50: Dec 05, 2015 09:06:51 pm
      We need to sort our home form first, we still dont seem to have worked out how to tear up teams that dont come at us, if we do that we could sh*t the league given form of those around us
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #51: Dec 05, 2015 11:21:21 pm
      "You gotta have a dream. If you don't have a dream, how you gonna make a dream come true?"
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #52: Dec 12, 2015 10:42:25 pm
      Currently 10th. Did some of you get too excited?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #53: Dec 12, 2015 10:58:38 pm
      I do think we can win the league. We beat Manchester City 1-4 away who are probably the best team in England at the moment... I know that one game doesn't make a season, but think about it lads: we beat Manchester City and Chelsea without  our best players. Now that Sturridge and Henderson are fit, we have a very good side.
      Skrtel, Milner, Henderson, Coutinho and Sturridge... they're top class players that any team would like to have.
      Also, Firmino is very promising, and Lovren has been quite consistent so far... we're not the best team in the league, but football can be unpredictable, so let's not give up.
      If you don't think about the first 6 games, we've been one of the best teams.

From all accounts Studge is ensconced in the Royal.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #54: Dec 13, 2015 12:39:34 am
      Can we win the title ? ... of course .

Will we ?   
      Not with the current players. 

We need a new spine of three asap.
      (The Chavs did exactly that and won the title as a result.)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,974 posts | 5034 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #55: Dec 13, 2015 10:53:52 am
      Can we win the title ? ... of course .

Will we ?   
      Not with the current players. 

We need a new spine of three asap.
      (The Chavs did exactly that and won the title as a result.)

Yo Skip,

Who would be your 3 Spinal taps mate?
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #56: Dec 14, 2015 03:18:40 am
      This season may be a bit tough to win the league, but top 4 is very possible.

The top teams are averaging 2 points per match so most likely the league will be won with 76 points thereabouts.
      We are on 24 so would need about 52 points from the remaining 66 points available.
      15 wins and 7 draws in the last 22 matches  It would be an amazing run.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #57: Dec 14, 2015 01:37:41 pm
      Currently 10th. Did some of you get too excited?

Still got to drop to 12th before it's on!!

This season may be a bit tough to win the league, but top 4 is very possible.

Bollocks to that top four sh*te now, time to start aiming for the stars again!!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #58: Dec 14, 2015 02:48:49 pm
      As long as Mignolet is in goal the title will remain a dream. The manager and the rest of the squad is capable but that clown between the sticks remains a liability that will cost us in a season the title is there for the taking.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #59: Dec 14, 2015 11:50:15 pm
      We can certainly dream of it. But if we were to go on a cracking run and become contenders then I think we would miss out for the reason we did last time; we concede far too many goals. With Migs in goal, I find it hard to see how we can sustain a title challenge, especially with a lack of goal scorers at the moment.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #60: Dec 15, 2015 01:25:38 pm
      You can dream alright. But don't expect it to come true. Not until our keeper and defenders can deal with set pieces and we learn how to kill teams that park up at Anfield
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #61: Dec 15, 2015 01:48:25 pm
      You can dream alright. But don't expect it to come true. Not until our keeper and defenders can deal with set pieces and we learn how to kill teams that park up at Anfield

Nail. Head
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #62: Dec 15, 2015 01:49:32 pm
      I haven't seen anything yet to make me believe that a title challenge is likely. Obviously I got that little burst of hope after watching us tank City, but when we follow wins like that ,with performances like we witnessed against Palace and Newcastle, it brings you right back to reality. 
      We are too inconsistent, and still making the same silly mistakes at the back to be considered challengers.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #63: Dec 15, 2015 01:55:46 pm
      We need a new GK (with experience but there's no one available), We need a new CB to form a Vidic/Ferdinand type partnership with Sakho and a new midfielder instead of Milner or Allen.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #64: Dec 18, 2015 10:09:18 pm
      I think it's time to cut this thread, isn't it?
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #65: Dec 18, 2015 10:20:33 pm
      If Studge could get fit and stay fit the answer is yes, we could be right in the thick of it, particularly given the inconsistency of all the top sides this season. Unfortunately, without Studge or a similar replacement being brought in during January I can't see this side replicating the impressive away form at Anfield vs the bus parkers. Not enough skill in our centre midfield and strikers to break down the bus parkers.

But who knows, maybe Herr Klopp brings a couple of players in during the window to turn the home form around. Time will tell. It at the moment it's a no from me.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #66: Dec 19, 2015 09:32:28 am
      Too inconsistent to win the League, I am afraid. Certainly dream of maybe winning one of the cup  competitions is more realistic for this season in my view.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #67: Dec 19, 2015 09:45:04 am
      Too inconsistent to win the League, I am afraid. Certainly dream of maybe winning one of the cup  competitions is more realistic for this season in my view.

Agree with this at this point.

Last two league games have pissed all over my chips of hope.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,386 posts | 1542 
      Reply #68: Dec 19, 2015 09:47:43 am
      Of course we can dream.
      And that's what it will remain.... A dream.

Ah well, next season.......
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      Reply #69: Dec 19, 2015 10:18:20 am
      Istanbul made me believe that nothing is impossible when it comes to this Beautiful Club of Ours.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #70: Dec 19, 2015 11:18:09 am
      We can certainly dream of it. But if we were to go on a cracking run and become contenders then I think we would miss out for the reason we did last time; we concede far too many goals. With Migs in goal, I find it hard to see how we can sustain a title challenge, especially with a lack of goal scorers at the moment.

This.

We can dream but Jürgen still has an inherited group of players.
      Now THAT would be a miracle.

A trophy and fourth would make me a happy man for Klopp's season one.
      Im a simple man. I don't ask for much .   :D
      « Last Edit: Dec 19, 2015 11:51:49 am by eurored »
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 342 
      Reply #71: Dec 19, 2015 11:46:25 am
      There's nobody in this league who's better than us (at our best), and there's nobody worse (at our worst)!

So we're inconsistent at the moment.

But I'm still dreaming (hey, it's free, after all!) and recent seasons show that we tend to improve and go on a bit of a run in the Jan/Feb/Mar games once we've run off the Christmas turkey. 

I can only see us going up from here, thanks to Herr Klopp, and for me there's only Arsenal and Man Utd (who are back to their sickening old habits of scraping wins in the dying minutes after being rubbish) who look likely contenders.  Man City?  Sterling? Winning the league?  God no.  Leicester surely can't sustain their challenge much longer.

Let's F*****g go for it!

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      Reply #72: Dec 20, 2015 04:41:57 am
      Heard something on the box today.

News reporter was talking about Leicester this morning and mentioned that in the last 6 seasons, 5 teams leading at Christmas went on to win the League. Guess which F***ing team didn't? Yep you got it, US!!!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I just want to win it and will continue to believe until it's mathematically impossible.

Let's start with 3 points against Watford tonight as we need to remain in touching distance of the top.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #73: Dec 20, 2015 01:50:27 pm
      No.

We're a midtable team who has built its transfers on buying players from other midtable teams.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #74: Dec 20, 2015 02:50:46 pm
      Crazy topic this
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,336 posts | 4960 
      Reply #75: Dec 20, 2015 02:56:21 pm
      I think we can stop dreaming for now. :D
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #76: Dec 20, 2015 02:56:59 pm
      No.

We're a midtable team who has built its transfers on buying players from other midtable teams.

Hard to argue with that, the transfer window after our good league run in 13/14 was when all the feelgood factor despite the disappointment about losing the league went. If Suarez was hell bent on going we should have insisted that Sanchez was part of that deal with Barca or there was no deal and if Sanchez didn't want to come we should have told Suarez he was staying put, he was our player to sell.
      Buying three players from Southampton two of which we paid at least 8-10 million more than they were worth signaled in that short time Rodgers and the rest of the TC had made us a mid table team and club.
      Rather than signing six average overpriced players we should have signed three top/world class players and promoted our three best youngsters. Alonso went to Bayern for £5m for god sake, I thought at the time Balotelli was a gamble worth taking, he's better than he showed and just don't think he's a full shilling.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #77: Dec 20, 2015 05:02:35 pm
      Don't know about the title, if that was Villa today playing Watford we'd be talking about that being the performance of a team who's reigned to fact that they know they're going down.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #78: Dec 20, 2015 06:01:04 pm
      You can put lipstick on a pig but at the end of the day its still a pig .
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #79: Dec 20, 2015 06:04:10 pm

but a very attractive pig :)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #80: Dec 20, 2015 08:23:01 pm

In this case it's a pig which ate Man City and Chelsea for breakfast. That's not to say it's a high grade pig, but nonetheless it is a pig which on it's day might win a rosette or two. One or two people are allowing their dislike of the previous manager to prevent calling a pig a pig this evening. That was a pig of a result, and however badly the transfer committee/the previous manager/anyone else did their jobs recruiting players, the "group" should still be able to put on a much better display than they did today.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #81: Dec 20, 2015 10:28:24 pm
      Bin thread.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      Reply #82: Dec 21, 2015 04:42:24 am
      We can dream but after last nights sh*t effort those dreams would be F***ing nightmares.....shattered!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #83: Dec 21, 2015 07:09:06 am
      We can dream but after last nights sh*t effort those dreams would be f**king nightmares.....shattered!

That was the problem Ian there was no effort, pathetic performance.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      Reply #84: Dec 21, 2015 07:28:15 am
      That was the problem Ian there was no effort, pathetic performance.

Disgraceful performance Billy.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #85: Dec 21, 2015 07:38:23 am

It really was mate. When you look at the teams we have lost to this season it really is a nightmare. West Ham 0-3 at home. Crystal Palace at home , Newcastle, F***ing Watford. If we can't beat these teams we may as well dig up the pitch and take up tiddlywinks.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #86: Dec 21, 2015 07:46:18 am
      It really was mate. When you look at the teams we have lost to this season it really is a nightmare. West Ham 0-3 at home. Crystal Palace at home , Newcastle, f**king Watford. If we can't beat these teams we may as well dig up the pitch and take up tiddlywinks.

We would probably get beat playing tiddlywinks, maybe the players are spending too much time playing tiddlyWanks and therein lies the problem they are playing with the wrong balls.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      Reply #87: Dec 21, 2015 07:48:20 am
      It really was mate. When you look at the teams we have lost to this season it really is a nightmare. West Ham 0-3 at home. Crystal Palace at home , Newcastle, f**king Watford. If we can't beat these teams we may as well dig up the pitch and take up tiddlywinks.

Spot on s@int.

Back in the good old days, we'd be having these teams for lunch or dinner.

That hasn't been the case for far too long. They need to be scared of us but teams seem to thrive playing against us. They have no fear and know full well that they are a 50-50 chance of beating us.

Time to put that sh*t to bed. They should already been mentally losing by the time they step out on the pitch.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #88: Dec 21, 2015 09:07:45 am
      Spot on s@int.

Back in the good old days, we'd be having these teams for lunch or dinner.

That hasn't been the case for far too long. They need to be scared of us but teams seem to thrive playing against us. They have no fear and know full well that they are a 50-50 chance of beating us.

Time to put that sh*t to bed. They should already been mentally losing by the time they step out on the pitch.

It's even worse when you consider that we only managed a single goal against those 4 teams while they scored 10 against us.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #89: Dec 21, 2015 09:15:28 am
      It's even worse when you consider that we only managed a single goal against those 4 teams while they scored 10 against us.

Woah.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      Reply #90: Dec 21, 2015 09:38:22 am

F**k mate, was crying before now I'm balling.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #91: Dec 21, 2015 09:39:41 am

On that note I am back to bed.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #92: Dec 21, 2015 10:01:22 am
      We would probably get beat playing tiddlywinks, maybe the players are spending too much time playing tiddlyWanks and therein lies the problem they are playing with the wrong balls.

They can't be playing with the wrong balls, they don't have any, balls that is!

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #93: Dec 21, 2015 09:20:15 pm
      F**k mate, was crying before now I'm balling.

Dont want to know about your personal life Oz ......... did'ya mean bawling ?

:D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      Reply #94: Dec 22, 2015 07:43:59 pm
      Dont want to know about your personal life Oz ......... did'ya mean bawling ?

:D

Hahaha ...yes sorry mate, I'm not that good at the English language.  ;)

Quick Reply