Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

2015-2016 Premier League Title - Can we dream?

Read 10911 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: 2015-2016 Premier League Title - Can we dream?
      Reply #23: Dec 04, 2015 09:33:54 am
      I understand the need to dream and I wouldn't stop anyone but I think that's all it is, a dream.

We're too thin in vital areas to expect to be able to sustain the run we'd need. I know we've played most of the top teams away but our away form is better than our home so having them come to Anfield is not the advantage it's being played up to be.

I also think that our lads will fatigue late on, come April and May if we've been unable to rotate enough then we're simply going to run out of legs. That's not a criticism of Klopp or his tactics, he's doing the best with what he has but I just don't see us sustaining this throughout the season because of that. I'll be honest when he came in I thought it would take him 3 years to get us back on top, right now though he has me shortening that assessment and I think 2 years and we might be serious contenders.

So yeah go ahead and dream but don't be too disappointed if our lads can't quite see it out.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #24: Dec 04, 2015 09:47:53 am
      Because the quality of the best league in the world is so poor I think we will be in the mix but all depends on the fitness of Sturridge -if we had a couple of more players in his brilliant category we would be certs.
      If we could get our midfielders scoring more goals that would be huge.........
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #25: Dec 04, 2015 10:25:25 am
      Won 7 drawn 3 lost 1 in league form would give us 24 points which would give us 80 points plus so its good form and we have winnable games coming up and we have Chelsea,UTD,Arsenal and Spurs to come to Anfield so we all wanted Klopp to keep us in touch for Jan Transfer window buy a few stars and press on. He has done far better than that with the players he has we are genuine title contenders now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #26: Dec 04, 2015 11:29:14 am
      One. Game. At. A. Time!!
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #27: Dec 04, 2015 11:34:57 am
      The last few games have been a big big morale booster, however, we need to keep our focus and not let our guards down and slip into a complacent mode. Let's put the big wins behind us, nothing but 100% focus on the next game, then the next game, then the next game and so on. If we could keep our focus and our composure, we'll be up there challenging. Why not.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #28: Dec 04, 2015 12:21:40 pm
      We have many things going in our favour:

- Squad depth
      - Already played last season's top 5 away, plus Everton
      - We're now scoring for fun
      - Confidence is sky high
      - We're only 6 points off

I don't think it'd be unreasonable to suggest we could go on a 24 game winning run. I believe we'll finish on 95 pts. ;)
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #29: Dec 04, 2015 02:53:56 pm
      Of course we can! We can do whatever we want. We're LIVERPOOL!
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #30: Dec 04, 2015 06:09:08 pm
      Only league?

Why not the other three trophies too?  :laugh:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,266 posts | 1230 
      Reply #31: Dec 04, 2015 06:31:19 pm
      Why not...we're playing fantastic football and we have the best manager in the league...

I don't believe we are worse than the likes of Arsenal or Man U, and while City have the best players, that didn't stop us from mullering them on their own patch. The league is wide open this year, so yes, let's f*cking go for it!
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,067 posts | 548 
      Reply #32: Dec 04, 2015 07:29:40 pm
      Hope we can dream cause I put a tenner on at 25/1 two weeks ago  ;)

I got 15/1 before the Southampton game. Imagine its come in a bit more since.

I genuinely think we have a shout. Our fixture list is not bad from here on in. Chelsea are out of it. Man U are average and Arsenal are a bit soft.
      If we could rely on Sturridge being fit I'd say we had a great chance.
      Still I've been quite impressed with Benteke and , who knows maybe Sturridge will thrive on some tough love from Jürgen.
      Half decent luck with injuries and I think we will contend.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #33: Dec 04, 2015 08:34:55 pm
      This season, it's wide open. So yes, we definitely can win it. We have the manager and the players to pull it off, plus the belief must be sky high.

Let's do it!! Starting at St James on Sunday. 2-7 away win for Klopps mighty red army!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #34: Dec 04, 2015 08:36:19 pm
      Can we win the league? Yes.

Before we start getting too carried away though, a video of the Swansea game may come in handy. The frustrating slow build up, the misplaced passes, the one shot on target bar the goal, the nervy defending, the tension in the crowd. That's the reality of where we are now. We're still a work in progress, and there's still a fair way to walk before we run.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #35: Dec 04, 2015 08:44:59 pm
      Can we dream? Yeah why not..
      My belief is strong and for once in a long time I am full of optimism for every fixture that comes along..

As i've said before the demoralising defeat of Man City in front of their adorable fans was the Tsunami of hope for me..

My team had transformed literally over night from a nervous bunch of going nowhere's in to title winning players..

Sprinkle a couple of spices in to the squad over January and we'll give it a f**kin good go that's a given..

:scarf:
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #36: Dec 04, 2015 09:09:38 pm
      Bring on Jan 13 and 17. The Arse and then the Scum.

I would love to be at our peak to tear the Scum to shreds at home. We owe them a hiding.

I'd love to see the dour look on Louis 'Head like a totem-pole' Van Gaal (bigmick you funny b***ard!) it would be priceless.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #37: Dec 04, 2015 10:22:18 pm
      I'm scared to even think about it. Oh F**k! I just did.
      Not gonna even try and imagine us winning it. Just gonna go on week by week. We will have minor set backs along the way, and we still have to hope those at the top drop 6 points more than us. I know we've done the hard part, but we have a recent history of cocking up against the mid table sides.  Possible yes, but we need a lot of luck to go our way as well as our own impetus. Hold tight please, gonna be an exciting time ahead.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #38: Dec 04, 2015 11:35:49 pm
      Most non Liverpool fans, pundits and dickheads (experts) are only giving us an outside chance of top 4 and our recent momentum under Jürgen has yielded less points than all our main rivals who are currently above us.

When Brendan left us we were in 12th place and 6 points behind the then 1st placed team, we're now in 6th place and still 6 points off top spot.

Near enough every team ever to win the premier league, or had a serious challenge for it, have gone on a winning run of 10 or more games at some stage in the season, so do that and we have a very serious chance.

As much as I'm loving our results and performances so far, we need that winning run.  We're possibly already on it with the games coming up before new year.  Give me a fantastic performance and result at home, the kind we've seen in our aways and I'm confident we'll challenge.

Until then I've already fu**ed off the sh*te above and jumped on the "we're gonna win the league" freight train - choo choo!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #39: Dec 05, 2015 01:00:12 am
      Call me crazy but 5 points off the top...we could have a tilt at the title if he hits the ground running.

Don't let that margin grow between us and the team at the top until January and we could run 'em down with a signing or two.

But i think top four and a run in the EL would do me just fine.

Not changing my stance yet.

We just need to hang in there, reassess in January and see what we can do in the window should Jürgen want to. The Premier League has always been about putting yourself in a position to make a run late in the season and i don't see this season being different.

Stay close to the top and we can do it. Add a player or two of real quality and i'll go and put my life savings on it.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #40: Dec 05, 2015 01:25:38 am
      This month's fixtures look exactly like the games we've struggled in.

Teams home and away prepared to take a point.

Our best wins in recent weeks have been against two teams going for a win in the Premier League and two teams who had to go for it in cup ties.

Teams going for it against us we have beaten soundly. It's been much more difficult against the point snatchers.

This month is a real test for us.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #41: Dec 05, 2015 08:19:12 am
      Yes We can but with a bit of magic from the lads in games like Swansea.

YNWA
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #42: Dec 05, 2015 08:28:40 am
      Of course we can dream, some posters criticise us older REDS for going on about the 1960s-70s and 80s but after seeing so much success in those days is it any wonder we dream of L.F.C. being  successful again.I often dream of getting in the queue to pay my few bob at the turnstile to get into the kop, the banter between the coppers and the crowd and the thrill of getting into the KOP will always be engraved in my mind. Now back to the present day I would love my dream to become a reality and see our REDS become league champions once again, we have been too long as also ran's  and not even been considered a threat to other teams. Now we have a manager with the know how to instil that knowledge into players who were floundering before he arrived. Yes dreams are alive at Anfield once again.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #43: Dec 05, 2015 10:46:37 am
      Not premature at all and if anybody tells you not to dream tell the miserable b***ard to go and swivel on it.

Paul Cope described it perfectly on TAW's post match 'The Pink' podcast last night so I'll repeat to an extent.

If you're not enjoying this now and are one of those people that says that they'll only be happy when we've actually won something then I struggle to see what you're in it for. You're missing out.

This is currently great and something, at this very early stage, is happening here and straight away I'm jumping right on board with the title talk. Again, coming close and failing come May can produce the knock on effect from over achieving but f**k it, this is supposed to be fun.  We over achieved in the 13/14 season but tell me: What season did you enjoy most during Rodgers' time here? (and don't any smart arses say this one ;) )

Title talk? I'm all over that sh*t! What's the worst that could happen? We don't win it? Well I'm numb to that pain but I'm not too accustomed to being in and enjoying title races.

Smile, sit comfortably, buckle up and enjoy the ride. Just get all over it, you'll enjoy it.

It is what it is , its F***ing exciting edge of the seat nut grabbing poetry in motion football what more could you ask for,
       with improvements to come the big fella said so .
      After the City game I was buzzin for more ,I watched 20 mins of the Spurs V West Ham game the following day I couldn't watch anymore after 20 mins I was  bored rigid ,I needed a Liverpool fix which was days away the Swansea game brings you back down to earth ,but a wins a win ,then Wednesday puts you on cloud 9 again  , must admit first 15 mins Im thinking Jürgen whats the script it looks a bit dodgy bad goal at the back post Moreno jumping with a guy 2 ft taller than him only going to be one result there ,
      Then Studge started the magic then the football just blows you away, a different system ,5 first choice players not there benched or whatever, then to cap it all  young up and coming striker gets a shot at the title scores  a hat trick gets  MOTM  its the stuff dreams are made of to right Im dreaming,the entire population of Newcastle will be wearing pampers tomorrow if theyre not they F***ing should be.

Mon The Reds
      YNWA
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,374 posts | 4973 
      Reply #44: Dec 05, 2015 12:17:52 pm
      This month's fixtures look exactly like the games we've struggled in.

Teams home and away prepared to take a point.

Our best wins in recent weeks have been against two teams going for a win in the Premier League and two teams who had to go for it in cup ties.

Teams going for it against us we have beaten soundly. It's been much more difficult against the point snatchers.

This month is a real test for us.

Agree on this.

They look like games we should win but in the past have struggled in these exact type of games.

A good run up to Xmas will see us right in the hunt.

Tomorrow's game looks easy but its one we could easily slip up in if we take it lightly.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #45: Dec 05, 2015 02:29:31 pm
      The league is wide open again. Why not?

Quick Reply