Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Rumours - Sturridge injured following Newcastle game (Now Reported)

Read 12873 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: Rumours - Sturridge injured following Newcastle game (Now Reported)
      Reply #46: Dec 09, 2015 04:21:46 am
      I dont know how good Aubameyang has been this season so far but if FSG are serious about top-4, forget the title, they must open their chequebooks for a new striker who is versatile across the front-3

An inconsistent frontline is as bad as an ever-changing back-4. We should treat Studge as a squad player and enjoy his fitness as a luxury, and not depend on it!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #47: Dec 09, 2015 06:21:15 am
      I really think we will have to sell before we can buy, as apart from Sturridge, Benteke, Ings and Origi we still have Balotelli, who unlikely as it seems may still return in the summer and part of who's wages we are still paying. Our strikers wages alone will probably prevent any hope of buying another striker unless we can get one off the books.

Best hope is that Sturridge's injury isn't as bad as all that and that he will be back for the Christmas games. If he is again going to be out for a considerable time, we may have to go with what we have, using Firmino as a false nine as a variation on Benteke and Origi.   
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #48: Dec 09, 2015 07:17:30 am
      You know when you feel so depressed or downbeat over something you just start laughing? That was my reaction.

Spanked by Newcastle and now this. Fantastic.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #49: Dec 09, 2015 07:17:51 am
      I dont know how good Aubameyang has been this season so far but if FSG are serious about top-4, forget the title, they must open their chequebooks for a new striker who is versatile across the front-3

An inconsistent frontline is as bad as an ever-changing back-4. We should treat Studge as a squad player and enjoy his fitness as a luxury, and not depend on it!

Exactly how I feel. Just not too sure the people who pay his £150 per week wages will feel the same, though.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #50: Dec 09, 2015 07:27:26 am
      I really think we will have to sell before we can buy, as apart from Sturridge, Benteke, Ings and Origi we still have Balotelli, who unlikely as it seems may still return in the summer and part of who's wages we are still paying. Our strikers wages alone will probably prevent any hope of buying another striker unless we can get one off the books.

Best hope is that Sturridge's injury isn't as bad as all that and that he will be back for the Christmas games. If he is again going to be out for a considerable time, we may have to go with what we have, using Firmino as a false nine as a variation on Benteke and Origi.   

Yep I agree,  I'm not convinced there will be any signings in January let alone another striker, it's well documented that top quality buys in January are few and far between,

If the latest injury was to scupper Daniel long term I would doubt there would be a panic buy or indeed any loans,  we've managed thus far without him, it might not be all that bad and he could be back within a month,

In the meantime I guess we'll make do with what we have and hope Danny is back asap.

YNWA
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #51: Dec 09, 2015 08:06:25 am
      This is different to a sore knee or a sore foot, and here I feel sorry for the player. Nothing you can do about a hamstring, it's one of those things.

Hopefully going forward it'll demonstrate two things to Danny. One, if you haven't got an injury such as a hamstring, you play. Sore foot? Harden the f*** up and play. Sore knee? Ditto. A proper injury is only ever going to be around the corner for this lad, so if he possibly can he should play.
      Two: By being injured and not playing all the time he's making it far more likely that he's going to get injured again as soon as he comes back. He needs to recover from this one, get his nut down and in future if he's fit, he should play. None of this crying off nonsense.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #52: Dec 09, 2015 08:20:34 am

Spot on. You're right. Imagine if it was a keeper or centre-half.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #53: Dec 09, 2015 11:38:19 am

Agree completely mate, actually managed to forget about Mario.

Aubameyang is outstanding and has been again this season. In fact his form this year is up there with the top strikers in Europe, 18 appearances 26 goals is an astonishing number to be honest. I'll admit I haven't watched as much of Dortmund this year but I'd take him in a heart beat as would most top teams though and Dortmund wont let go without a massive fight.

He also has a pact with Reus that neither will leave without the other, so it would have to be a package deal and the cost of that dream pairing would probably be near or possibly even over £100m, so essentially forget about it... although I still dream.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #54: Dec 09, 2015 11:50:34 am
      Aubameyang is outstanding and has been again this season. In fact his form this year is up there with the top strikers in Europe, 18 appearances 26 goals is an astonishing number to be honest. I'll admit I haven't watched as much of Dortmund this year but I'd take him in a heart beat as would most top teams though and Dortmund wont let go without a massive fight.

He also has a pact with Reus that neither will leave without the other, so it would have to be a package deal and the cost of that dream pairing would probably be near or possibly even over £100m, so essentially forget about it... although I still dream.

Oops, I wanted to mention Lacazette. My love for Aubameyang came out inadvertently  :P
      GMM
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #55: Dec 09, 2015 12:29:09 pm
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #56: Dec 09, 2015 01:41:29 pm
      Sturridge to me, when he's fit is a ten out of ten player, he'll usually score with the minimal amount of chances created.
      Problem is, he's injured all the time, we need another striker, since Ings is injured long term.
      But, not sell Sturridge, have him as a bonus in the sporadic times that he's stays fit for a while. He's a valuable asset but unfortunately unreliable.
      He won't turn up for work half of the time, wish I had that luxury. Starting to think he may be a bit of a pussy tbh.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #57: Dec 09, 2015 01:52:38 pm

until the next time......sadly.
      Use him as a sub for the rest of the season and see if he can stop being injury prone
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #58: Dec 09, 2015 03:49:39 pm
      Management 101: while you are good at what you do, you keep falling ill and is unable to job you are required to on a regular basis. We can't keep paying you while you do not add much value to our organisation. Perhaps your body is not suited for this job. You may want to think about your other career options?

Oh no that's what evey employee including you and me do not want to hear.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #59: Dec 09, 2015 05:33:57 pm
      being reported that the injury is not severe as believed and he may still play a part in the holiday fixtures
      some reports are saying he will be fit before Xmas
      http://www.90min.com/posts/2784736-liverpool-optimistic-that-daniel-sturridge-injury-is-not-as-bad-as-first-feared?a_aid=35705

still I think he will not be risked totally at first  so he will be played gradually , hoping he will keep free of new injuries(which I doubt, to be honest
      YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #60: Dec 09, 2015 05:41:11 pm
      being reported that the injury is not severe as believed and he may still play a part in the holiday fixtures
      http://www.90min.com/posts/2784736-liverpool-optimistic-that-daniel-sturridge-injury-is-not-as-bad-as-first-feared?a_aid=35705

still I think he will not be risked totally at first  so he will be played gradually , hoping he will keep free of new injuries(which I doubt, to be honest
      YNWA

This is Sturridge so there will be no early return.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #61: Dec 09, 2015 05:47:21 pm

YNWA

but then when you ease him in he picks up knocks in training.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #62: Dec 09, 2015 05:59:31 pm
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #63: Dec 09, 2015 06:30:45 pm
      I honestly don't know what to say anymore.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,247 posts | 1226 
      Reply #64: Dec 09, 2015 06:42:39 pm
      Incredibly frustrating. We can't sell him yet because he's such a quality player it's worth seeing if things improve on the injury front, but I think we should factor his likely absence into our plans, perhaps by signing a third very good striker.
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #65: Dec 09, 2015 08:42:08 pm
      Pay as you play deal see how many injuries he has then  :f_tongueincheek:
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #66: Dec 09, 2015 08:59:05 pm
      We've got two tasty home games against the Arsenal and the Mancs in Jan so let's see of we can get him ready for at least one of those games if not both..

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #67: Dec 09, 2015 10:09:31 pm
      Wow!
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #68: Dec 09, 2015 10:27:28 pm
      This is Sturridge so there will be no early return.

He will be on track for an early return, but 3 "setbacks" later and the season will be coming to a close.....   :-\

Quick Reply