Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Smells Like (lack of) Team Spirit?

Read 4621 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Smells Like (lack of) Team Spirit?
      Reply #23: Dec 23, 2015 06:34:34 am
      Im not sure id question team spirit. But id certainly question team mentality. Its no coincidence we look class against City and Chelsea and looked a solid unit v Spurs but have looked like gobshites against Watford Newcastle Palace and west ham while fortunate to get a point v west Brom.

Ive long suspected our players pick which games they'll perform I.E the big ones and seem to look like a sunday league team against supposed inferior opponents.

Which Liverpool will turn up v the league leaders? 

I agree with your viewpoint Brian but I would add attitude,or lack of attitude to the problem.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,635 posts | 7147 
      Reply #24: Dec 23, 2015 09:38:11 am
      we are like the boxer who has all his fights hand picked for him and he shines and dazzles everyone with his skill and flare. Then however he has to fight someone who wants to hit him back and we find out the reason he had his fights hand picked is because he has a glass chin and that us we have a glass chin.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,635 posts | 7147 
      Reply #25: Dec 23, 2015 09:49:10 am
      what has happened to Lallana ,Lucas etc they all made huge improvements but seem to have gone backwards now. Fear seems to grip this side as soon as things go wrong for them they feel sorry for themselves.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #26: Dec 24, 2015 03:58:46 am
      We have some great individuals but the thing that is missing is someone that will bond them together,i have a feeling that Klopp is giving the best of him to wake up that team spirit in them but it looks like his desire needs some time to get to the players.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #27: Dec 24, 2015 04:03:36 am
      what has happened to Lallana ,Lucas etc they all made huge improvements but seem to have gone backwards now. Fear seems to grip this side as soon as things go wrong for them they feel sorry for themselves.

Yeah yeah,i agree,its easy to score a few more goals when your team is up leading and everybody looking good and playing at its best,bet when we go down and things go bad it looks like every single play gets scared the sh*t out of him,like everyone crawls into the mouse hole and it looks like we dont have a player that can take a kick in the chin,falls down and stands up straight away,re group the team and say to them "we can do this,they are nothing,follow me to victory!"
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #28: Dec 27, 2015 03:01:56 pm
      Plenty of team spirit in evidence yesterday against the foxes. 

Leaders at the back and in midfield coming to the fore (Lovren, Hendo, Lallana in particular).  Plenty of lads making their presence felt instead of wilting under physical pressure.

Nobody feigning injury or whinging at the ref.  Looked like men playing a man's game again!

Interesting to see players tearing each other off a bit, and acknowledging each other's good work - that's been missing.

Wonder if Jürgen's been reading this forum?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4417 
      Reply #29: Dec 28, 2015 11:32:38 am
      Crazy this Team spirit thing buggers off then returns in a week   :lmao:
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #30: Dec 29, 2015 04:20:23 pm
      Contribute something worth reading mate.  If you can.

Quick Reply