Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

What if Jürgen binned the lot of em against Leicester? Are we prepared to lose?

Read 8932 times
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: What if Jürgen binned the lot of em against Leicester? Are we prepared to lose?
      Reply #46: Dec 23, 2015 09:12:46 am
      We all know if we "bin the lot", Enrique would still be no closer to starting a game...ever

which of course makes no sense.  When he WAS playing, he was a solid LB.  World-class?  no.  But at least he could defend.  Which is more than we can say about Moreno.
      Claudio
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Re: What if Jürgen binned the lot of em against Leicester? Are we prepared to lose?
      Reply #47: Dec 23, 2015 09:48:30 am
      What if we binned them off and won?

That wouldn't be a surprise, really. This is exactly the problem we're facing: we can go from winning hard games and '' murdering '' big clubs to losing easy games ( or games that should be easier in a way ) against small clubs. Something needs to be adjusted. Regardless of who we play...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #48: Dec 23, 2015 10:24:54 am
      We have had the problem of being bullied by big bruising forwards and midfielders for a long time it's just that now most opposition teams have cottoned on to our achilees heel.
      It doesn't help that Rodgers bought players in his own image - midgets - this also contributes to us being awful at defending set pieces.

Having said that its up to Jürgen to see which ones are up to the fight when the opposition try the bully boy tactics to put us off our natural game. By the summer I reckon quite a few will be regulars on the bench.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #49: Dec 23, 2015 02:57:14 pm
      I get what bigmick is saying and yes arses need booting, I would like to think Jürgen gave those players exactly what they deserved,
            "The Herr dryer"  treatment,
      As for being so radical I'm not sure even Ming the Merciless could be so ruthless,

It would be suicidal to field the same Watford X1 and given our injury woes it certainly doesn't look like we'll be on the right side of a favourable result,

We need to hope the "Herr dryer" will have the desired effect and those chosen will perform to a standard befitting of this club,

Losing is not a option!

YNWA
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #50: Dec 23, 2015 05:40:24 pm
            "The Herr dryer"  treatment,

YNWA

:lmao: Haha love that!
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1223 
      Reply #51: Dec 23, 2015 06:23:42 pm
      Three very good opportunities  to take maximum points have come and gone in shameful fashion. Time to focus on the f*cking job this time.

If they can't get motivated for an Anfield Christmas clash with the league leaders there is something far wrong. Get with it or f*ck off!
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #52: Dec 23, 2015 06:36:17 pm
      Totally off topic, apologies. Are we on TV at all over Christmas?
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #53: Dec 23, 2015 06:54:03 pm
      Saturday vs Leicester no, Wed at Sunderland we are live at 7:45, Saturday 02/16 we are televised at West Ham in early 12:45 kick off.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #54: Dec 23, 2015 07:02:20 pm
      Saturday vs Leicester no, Wed at Sunderland we are live at 7:45, Saturday 02/16 we are televised at West Ham in early 12:45 kick off.

We're on Setanta vs Leicester for anybody that has it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #55: Dec 23, 2015 08:01:43 pm

It's live down in Aussie Land.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #56: Dec 23, 2015 10:51:37 pm
      Play last man back? Works for my 5 a side team.

Rush keeper, might have a better chance then like.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #57: Dec 24, 2015 12:04:32 pm
      Rush keeper, might have a better chance then like.

?

:P
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #58: Dec 24, 2015 05:16:56 pm

If he can count then he's already an upgrade 😉
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #59: Dec 27, 2015 08:49:27 pm
      Well  Mick  ..... he didn't and we didn't.
      Thankfully.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #60: Dec 27, 2015 09:02:13 pm
      Think he deserves a lit of credit for a brave selection to be honest Skip. Lallana and Firmino can count themselves very lucky to have played, and it was only really Lucas who got the chop. He can have no complaints as he was terrible against Watford, but he was by no means on his own. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #61: Dec 27, 2015 09:05:06 pm
      Well  Mick  ..... he didn't and we didn't.
      Thankfully.

hmmm fancy a manager with his experience not listening to a ............fill in the blank
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #62: Dec 27, 2015 09:23:35 pm
      hmmm fancy a manager with his experience not listening to a ............fill in the blank

Incredible isn't it? After I typed the topic starter I thought he was nailed on to take my post word for word and completely adopt my starting eleven. I absolutely couldn't believe it when didn't actually change 10 players out of the starting 11. It's not a word I've used before but here it fits perfectly, crestfallen I was. Barely slept a wink on Saturday night thinking about it.

Quick Reply