Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.7%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      53 (43.8%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      1 (0.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      1 (0.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      44 (36.4%)
      Adam Lallana
      10 (8.3%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      3 (2.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.8%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (1.7%)
      Christian Benteke
      4 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: Dec 29, 2015 07:45:03 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Leicester City. In game and post match debate.

Read 25142 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Leicester
      Reply #345: Dec 26, 2015 05:10:47 pm
      Lovren - MOTM

Prefer him to Skrtel, he's performed admirably under Klopp. Massive turn around for him. Of course, some idiots will still hate him no matter what and refuse to give credit, but if that's the attitude then F**k em.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #346: Dec 26, 2015 05:10:49 pm
      I said before kick off that I didn't care how we played, who played or whatever else, as long as we win that's the main thing. I'm a happy boy today!

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #347: Dec 26, 2015 05:11:03 pm
      Entertaining game, plenty of chances but most importantly we WON. We really needed a win after only taking 1 point from our last 3 games and thankfully we deserved it too.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 342 
      Reply #348: Dec 26, 2015 05:11:24 pm
      That had everything the Watford performance lacked.  Well done you reds! 

No MOTM from me - that was a team job and the team was massive.  Lovren, though - magnificent.

At last we showed some character - I even saw Lallana bollocking Benteke for not getting in the box!  That's more like it.

Took his goal well - what was the big lad doing with that open goal at the end, though? 
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Liverpool 1:0 Leicester City. In game and post match debate.
      Reply #349: Dec 26, 2015 05:11:56 pm
      Match of the Day should be interesting

Didn't see the match, apparently Hendo was good as was Can

Big result for our confidence
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #350: Dec 26, 2015 05:12:53 pm

I wouldn't draw any conclusions from that (although Lovren  Sahko were solid enough), your [Claudio) team looked like a league 1 outfit; and they top this league. FML

Just shows how sh*t the standard is, doesn't say much for us either...
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #351: Dec 26, 2015 05:13:20 pm

Wait and see what happens on Wednesday first...

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #352: Dec 26, 2015 05:13:26 pm
      Lovren and Lallana MOTM. I will give it Lovren. As I said in his thread earlier, I think these are the partnership we should go forward.

I thank God for changing my mind for prediction league, not a correct score but a win :)
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #353: Dec 26, 2015 05:13:26 pm
      Flunking ecstatic with the win, and relieved. My  god do we do it the hard way. Why do our players hate us so much to make us suffer until the last second?

It was sheer hard work that kept the score sheet clean for us today, and we should have won 3-0. Hendon gets my motm though his waste of that opportunity near the end was criminal. Can, Lallana, Continuo, and Firminho had very good games, as did Lovren at the back. Rally happy big Ben scored but I am furious that he missed that last chance. He's 30 yards out from an empty goal but a semi professional would be able to pass that into an empty net. It takes special skill to shun space and opportunity to run into the only retreating defender, and even then, put the ball either side, how has he managed to smack it into the only defender? Don't care how low on confidence he is, unforgivable miss. Can't see him starting next game because of that miss.

Apart from that rant, hats off to Klopp, he got the tactics spot on today. It was wastefulness up front that made that a tougher win that it needed to be. Played lads.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 342 
      Reply #354: Dec 26, 2015 05:14:26 pm
      Now we need to go to Sunderland and win.  With only one striker, it appears.  Pity, I thought Origi did well.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #355: Dec 26, 2015 05:21:34 pm
      Now we need to go to Sunderland and win.  With only one striker, it appears.  Pity, I thought Origi did well.

Shocking that isn't it, Klopp has had 0 luck in terms of injuries.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #356: Dec 26, 2015 05:22:44 pm
      Lovren - MOTM

Prefer him to Skrtel, he's performed admirably under Klopp. Massive turn around for him. Of course, some idiots will still hate him no matter what and refuse to give credit, but if that's the attitude then f**k em.
      This for me, Lovren was winning tackles deep in their half, Škrtel marking Mignolet invites pressure on us. What a turnaround for Lovren, and what a headerer of the ball he is. Shoulda scored as well, not sure why his attacking headers lacks any power and spin whatsoever. MOTM by a mile
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #357: Dec 26, 2015 05:23:00 pm
      Sorry but we have Xabi Alonso and the ball would have been in the net before Benteke could even make a run towards the goal. Christ sake, I know he scored the winner and well in for doing so but at £33mill....at 330k, I expect that ball to end up in the f**king net. Pissed me right off that miss like! He's lucky he wasn't playing alongside Suarez because he'd have gone f**king mental at him
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #358: Dec 26, 2015 05:23:02 pm
      Over the top criticism for him. He's had very little service so far. I've seen comments like 'sell him' 'ship him out' and other utter bollocks. Struggling with injuries and not fully match fit he was always going to look lethargic at times but to doubt his ability to play well for us is ignorant of his clear talents. That's who I'm speaking to, the people who have written him off (and there are those morons floating around) not those saying 'he could be doing better'. Too many short sighted fans who don't take the whole picture into account before truly rating a player for my liking.

Fair comment Mags. For clarity, I'm in the "Could do better camp".
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #359: Dec 26, 2015 05:25:22 pm
      Shocking that isn't it, Klopp has had 0 luck in terms of injuries.

I just wonder if it is the change of training regimes. I remember when Souness became our manager, he totally changed how we trained to a more "European style" and we got loads of hamstring injuries then too. 
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #360: Dec 26, 2015 05:26:06 pm
      Migs : 8 - Did what he needed to do when called on. Looked commanding enough in the area too. Good game.
      Moreno : 7 - Played well, can't say too many things for or against but really cementing his place in the team now.
      Lovren : 8 - Excelled today, very happy with what I seen. Him and Sakho seem to have a successful pairing going.
      Sakho : 8 - Played very well, commanding in the air as always and underrated with his passing. Love this guy.
      Clyne : 8 - Very solid, seems a very Steve Finnan-esc type player in terms of reliability.

Can : 7.5 - Don't like to give half ratings but couldn't quite give him an 8 because of some inconsistencies. As I mentioned in the match comments, people forget he is 21. We have a real talent with this young fellow.
      Henderson : 9 - Perhaps the perfect player for Klopp? Great to see him back. Was watching how vocal he was today too, don't know if anyone else seen with 8 minutes to go we won a throw him and he punched the air like we had scored and was encouraging all those around him. Becoming a real leader.
      Lallana : 9 - Gave him the nod for motm above Henderson mainly because he was oozing class all day. His touch is phenomenal and has the best close ball control in the squad I think. Coming into his own.
      Coutinho : 8 - Lovely stuff from him, his runs are excellent and almost pulled off another worldie. Still a little too trigger happy for my liking however, if he's going to continue with his high shot rate he needs to focus on precision over power I think.
      Firmino : 6 - Bit of a wet blanket. Didn't really offer anything of note. Really needs to up his game or he will struggle to get in the team. I think we all know he's got the talent in there somewhere, needs a little more bite to him.
      Origi : 7 - Power and pace caused lots of problems, shame he's injured because he really got going, hope it's not serious.

Benteke : 8 - Won the game for us. Was closing down more and more, seems to be getting used to Klopp's way of playing. God knows what he was thinking at the end, thankfully didn't haunt us. Hopefully can win some more fans over as his ability and potential is clear as daylight to me.

Lucas + Allen : N/A

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #361: Dec 26, 2015 05:29:03 pm
      Fair comment Mags. For clarity, I'm in the "Could do better camp".

I know mate :)

To be fair it seems to be a vocal minority out to get him (as it is with most things in life).
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 342 
      Reply #362: Dec 26, 2015 05:29:37 pm
      This for me, Lovren was winning tackles deep in their half, Škrtel marking Mignolet invites pressure on us. What a turnaround for Lovren, and what a headerer of the ball he is. Shoulda scored as well, not sure why his attacking headers lacks any power and spin whatsoever. MOTM by a mile

I think he had one header chance (unless I missed one) , but it was a difficult one to get power and direction on because of the angle it came in at. 
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,938 posts | 285 
      Reply #363: Dec 26, 2015 05:32:17 pm
      Good effort today from the lads, much more like it.
      Lovren & Henderson we're both great. Firmino needs confidence and Benteke needs to be more aggresive.
      Another positive was Clyne was whipping up and down in the first half too, and Origi looked lively before having to come off.
      I still think we need more pace upfront but overall was a solid performance and a much needed 3 points.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #364: Dec 26, 2015 05:32:24 pm
      Thinking of it, Benteke was actually offside in that final chance. There was only one opponent between him and the goal line as the keeper was away from his posts.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #365: Dec 26, 2015 05:32:49 pm
      I know mate :)

To be fair it seems to be a vocal minority out to get him (as it is with most things in life).

Chelsea have supposedly bid £35million for him. I am in the "take the money and run camp."
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 342 
      Reply #366: Dec 26, 2015 05:33:56 pm
      Chelsea have supposedly bid £35million for him. I am in the "take the money and run camp."

For that money? So am I.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #367: Dec 26, 2015 05:35:20 pm

It's frustrating because he's a goal scorer, no doubt about it and his record through his career so far speaks for it's self.

Quick Reply