Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 25th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W2 D1 L4

Serious Injury Problem!

Read 11758 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Serious Injury Problem!
      Reply #69: Jan 07, 2016 10:26:16 am
      For me it is very simple, either Liverpool are very unlucky to have so many injuries or that something has changed. As we have a new manage who presumably has his own ways of doing things I think it is the latter. That is not to blame Klopp for the injuries, simply to accept that changes to routine often have unexpected and unwanted side effects.

I have no doubt that Klopp will quietly attend to the problem in the short term and hopefully by next season with a full pre-season behind them we will not have the same problem anyway.... we will no doubt be back to the usual ACL injuries that put players out for the F***ing season!  :)   
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #70: Jan 07, 2016 10:35:58 am
      Looks like training has cranked up a notch and looks like the softies are starting to show up.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #71: Jan 07, 2016 10:38:49 am
      3 Everton players went off last night two with calf injuries but no mention on Sky of possible reasons. Think there is an agenda already against Jürgen and fuelled by the fat b***ard Allerdyce who has absolutely no right to comment on Liverpool football Club or its players

Fat Face has no right being involved in football..............
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #72: Jan 07, 2016 10:51:57 am
      3 Everton players went off last night two with calf injuries but no mention on Sky of possible reasons. Think there is an agenda already against Jürgen and fuelled by the fat b***ard Allerdyce who has absolutely no right to comment on Liverpool football Club or its players

Taking a leaf out Slur Alco's book - spout sh*te to deflect from his own inefficiencies.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #73: Jan 07, 2016 11:14:48 am
      Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp has ruled Philippe Coutinho and Dejan Lovren out of games against Arsenal and Manchester United.

The Reds duo suffered hamstring injuries against Stoke on Tuesday night and are now set for spells on the sidelines. Kolo Toure is also a doubt to face Arsenal, and will definitely miss Friday night’s game against Exeter in the FA Cup. “Coutinho is more serious than Dejan Lovren,” Klopp said. “Kolo is only cramp but it won’t be possible for him to play the next game. “Lovren should be back after United. Coutinho will need a few weeks longer.” Daniel Sturridge is likely to miss the clashes with Arsenal and United too, along with long term injuries Martin Skrtel, Danny Ings and Joe Gomez.

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/arsenal/liverpool_boss_gives_update_on_coutinho_and_lovren_ahead_of_arsenal_and_manchester_united_1_4370571
      Copyright © LONDON24
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #74: Jan 07, 2016 11:51:13 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA_82w72bEY

Answers questions about Training here.
      Essentially. Theres no time for training. Mostly recovery.
      Nice Dig at Big Sam when asked about Sahko

Thanks for sharing that.

'soft foul' haha

'sensitivity' about Guardiola coming to prem.  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,674 posts | 7156 
      Reply #75: Jan 07, 2016 12:11:19 pm
      Fat Face has no right being involved in football..............

didn't realise he was mate I have never seen any of his teams play decent football West Ham fans hated him and rightly so. Cant wait for Sunderlands visit.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #76: Jan 07, 2016 01:37:57 pm

he speaks of other clubs/players
      what else can he do , he cannot look at the table, he went to sunderland to lift them up, result ..they went more down the table
      YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #77: Jan 07, 2016 02:38:48 pm
      The mancs have recalled Januzaj from his season-long loan at B. Dortmund, they sight his lack of games as the reason but their injury list must be a factor.
      LFC have the same problem, is it beyond the realms of possibility some players could be asked to return to make up the numbers?
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #78: Jan 07, 2016 05:33:24 pm
      ffs. adding Ibe to this horrible list
      YNWA
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #79: Jan 07, 2016 06:57:52 pm
      The problem here ..... is that the matches that we have "pressed hard" in, are our best performances.  When we have played sh*te we did not "press hard"   

Jürgen seemed furious when it was suggested that his methods were to blame for the injuries. He made a point of saying we do not train, we just recover due to two games per week.
      But he spoke about the "reaction" being good after the Westham debacle. The players inconsistency then could be purely that they cannot give maximum effort in pressing every match, so it only comes when they are desperate to show a reaction to a poor previous match.

It appears the biggest efforts are forthcoming for the biggest matches as well which makes sense.
      You can understand why he is angry   The only way we can win is to press hard, and he is running out of players fast. The more we press, the quicker we run out of players.

Yeah, was thinking this myself.

We could do with rotating players somewhat through this current heavy lot of fixtures as well. But cos we've  so many injured, we can't. Something of a vicious circle right now.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #80: Jan 07, 2016 09:47:09 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jordon-ibe-latest-liverpool-fc-10701603

Whatever we are doing, resting between games etc. something has changed to increase the number of injuries to a crazy level.

Fitness is a scientific business, so laying it down to coincidence, or media spin,  is burying heads in the sand.  Whatever slide we're on, we need to reverse it, or we'll be buying chocolate bars with golden tickets that let some of us tog out ourselves. How cool would that be ... :)
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #81: Jan 07, 2016 11:34:55 pm
      The pre-season training by BR over the last seasons is nothing but bull****, the first game of the season they appeared to have just got out of the bed from the 3 mths break, slow to everything on the pitch. Suddenly, comes Klopp and they find that they have to run many yards faster and cover more grounds, the pre-season honeymoon over the last few years is taking its toll.

Look carefully at the positioning of the players in every game, they are always 2 to 3 yards short of where they are supposed to be on the pitch, be it to put in a tackle, challenge for a 50-50 ball, close down the space or launch an attack. The sudden burst of speed or over stretching the leg is taking its toll.

The excuse that we play many games, sorry i don't buy this excuse.The teams of the all conquering years played as many games but we have no superstars back then. So, what contributed to the injuries, I'll simply put it down to 3 major reasons :-

1.  We most probably had a wrong training program in pre-season under BR. Players only get into their stride after about 10 games and its evident. they were not conditioned to the early demands of the game.
      2.  Positioning of our players are out by that 2 to 3 yards, having to cover that additional distance within a short period of time over the entire game is asking too much of the body. This boils down to unintelligent positioning of the players or they are unable to read the game well, too lazy to get near to the opposition player or unable to position themselves well.
      3.  We bought soft players over the years, skills over brawn. We are seeing the effects of it now.

My thoughts.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,674 posts | 7156 
      Reply #82: Jan 07, 2016 11:40:55 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jordon-ibe-latest-liverpool-fc-10701603

Whatever we are doing, resting between games etc. something has changed to increase the number of injuries to a crazy level.

Fitness is a scientific business, so laying it down to coincidence, or media spin,  is burying heads in the sand.  Whatever slide we're on, we need to reverse it, or we'll be buying chocolate bars with golden tickets that let some of us tog out ourselves. How cool would that be ... :)

there has to be a reason and I would very annoyed if the club were not looking at the problem to try and see if indeed there is a reason.
      I may be completely wrong but pitches have been very very wet and slippy this winter and over stretching is easy to do when your foot doesn't plant down properly.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #83: Jan 08, 2016 06:28:47 am
      Found this on FB, not sure of the accuracy but 'kin hell....Jürgen might have to throw on the boots

LIVERPOOL INJURIES
      Jordon Ibe. Hamstring
      3-4 weeks
      Kolo Toure. Hamstring
      1 week
      D Lovren Hamstring 2 weeks
      P Coutinho Hamstring 3 weeks
      M Sakho Knee Injury no date
      J Henderson Ankle/Foot no date
      D Origi Hamstring 3 weeks
      M Skrtel Hamstring 5 weeks
      J Rossiter Hamstring no date
      D Sturridge Hamstring 2 weeks
      D Ings ACL Knee 5 months
      J Gomez ACL Knee 5 months
      J Flanagan Knee 2 weeks

so that leaves us with a Team like this................

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #84: Jan 08, 2016 06:34:27 am
      I would think that is near the truth Ian.  :'(
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #85: Jan 08, 2016 08:21:04 am
      Ibe hamstring can't be because he's played too much... I think this has got to be something as simple as players not warming up correctly and then warming down after games. Just finishing a game then sitting in the coach is not very good.
      zamochit
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #86: Jan 08, 2016 10:45:02 am
      Might as well ask Gerrard to come back and help us for a little bit
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #87: Jan 08, 2016 11:01:12 am

so that leaves us with a Team like this................

:lmao:
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #88: Jan 08, 2016 11:41:11 am
      As I said earlier, very much doubt it has anything to do with either training or any change in the method of play.

Players available
      http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/squad/firstteam.html

Interesting that they noted on TAW podcast that he had a significant run of hamstring injuries in the middle of his first season at Dortmund.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,674 posts | 7156 
      Reply #89: Jan 08, 2016 01:27:04 pm
      any news did they all make it off the team Bus
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #90: Jan 08, 2016 03:44:31 pm
      I feel it's mainly just bad luck that so many are out injured. Hope I am wrong but it could be the squad getting used to a new training set up but I'm sure Klopp and his team wouldnt have stared a new system if it would have been detrimental to the players.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,836 posts | 477 
      Reply #91: Jan 08, 2016 04:46:12 pm
      It's my opinion that LFC had a sh*t preseason training regiment under Rogers. As much as I loved seeing them here in 2014 in the USA, they need to stop the preseason tours, and get preseason done at Mellwood for the next 2-3 years. Let Klopp PT them to make them the machines he had in mind. I just think the preseason tours are wasteful in preparing for the toughest league in the world. Just my opinion

Quick Reply