Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Marko Grujić Player Thread (LFC -> Porto)

Read 86770 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Marko Grujic Player Thread
      Reply #115: Jul 13, 2016 01:01:37 am
      Starting to think Marko could be the other starting midfielder alongside Emre - and that he could flourish.

Based on?
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #116: Jul 13, 2016 06:07:49 pm
      This kid seems to be getting better and better every day despite nobody having seen him kick a football! I hope he works out but it seems to me there is a lot if hope and expectation on the lads shoulders because our centre midfield is so woefully unbalanced with the current available players, i think our midfield is shot to pieces. I am desperately hoping that we will see a quality player come in and this lad can be given the time to develop.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #117: Jul 13, 2016 06:38:53 pm
      Looking forward to seeing Marko play.  He's a bit of a mystery but seems highly rated by the management.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #118: Jul 13, 2016 06:48:45 pm
      Looking forward to seeing Marko play.  He's a bit of a mystery but seems highly rated by the management.

Just by his size alone I'm hoping he's going to be a beast for us.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #119: Jul 13, 2016 06:50:20 pm
      Just by his size alone I'm hoping he's going to be a beast for us.

I get the feeling he's more technical than beastly FL but would be nice if he has both  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #120: Jul 13, 2016 06:51:32 pm

Same here, not really sure what to make of his signing just yet but hopefully gives us a few glimpses of brilliance to look forward too.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #121: Jul 13, 2016 08:05:41 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #122: Jul 13, 2016 08:56:54 pm
      Same here, not really sure what to make of his signing just yet but hopefully gives us a few glimpses of brilliance to look forward too.

Well, he done this.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #123: Jul 13, 2016 09:23:45 pm
      Looking forward to seeing Marko play.

You weren't alone debs: Jürgen was looking forward to seeing him too...   ;D

Jürgen Klopp - This is the first time I'm seeing Marko Grujic play a match live

The Liverpool boss has never been in attendance at a game the Serbian has been involved in...

Jürgen Klopp has said he's never seen Marko Grujic play a live match before today, ahead of the player's Liverpool debut against Fleetwood.

The Serbian midfielder, who joined the Reds for £5.1million from Red Star Belgrade, was handed his first start by the German at Highbury Stadium on Wednesday.

However, when speaking to LFC TV before the match, Klopp said that this was the first opportunity he had to watch Grujic live in a match.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Jürgen-klopp-first-time-im-11611691

Tell you what... It was a brave call, by Jürgen, to go 'first call', 'last call', then buy the lad without ever having seen him live. There ain't too many who would have balls big enough to either do that or, better still... be honest enough to admit it.  :o   :laugh:
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #124: Jul 13, 2016 09:39:20 pm
      Was he good tonight?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #125: Jul 13, 2016 09:40:08 pm

Very impressive; 1st half player of the match.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #126: Jul 13, 2016 10:28:00 pm
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #127: Jul 13, 2016 11:01:17 pm
      Marko Grujić vs Fleetwood Town in 720HD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN6iBw34nV4
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #128: Jul 13, 2016 11:08:27 pm
      Very impressive; 1st half player of the match.

Nice!

Just watched this video from the game and he doesnt look relaxed there. Not a surprise for a young player on debut for such a  big team. I'm sure he can be just better in the future.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #129: Jul 13, 2016 11:10:50 pm
      I think Grujic could be the regen of Vieira :O
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #130: Jul 14, 2016 12:30:41 am
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjaCNOsPrkU

His English is much better than I thought I expected. Sounds like he can't wait for chances to prove himself.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #131: Jul 14, 2016 04:44:43 am
      Loves using the outside of his foot in that video.

Hopefully he won't be looking for the Hollywood pass too many times.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #132: Jul 14, 2016 08:57:46 am
      You weren't alone debs: Jürgen was looking forward to seeing him too...   ;D

Jürgen Klopp - This is the first time I'm seeing Marko Grujic play a match live

The Liverpool boss has never been in attendance at a game the Serbian has been involved in...

Jürgen Klopp has said he's never seen Marko Grujic play a live match before today, ahead of the player's Liverpool debut against Fleetwood.

The Serbian midfielder, who joined the Reds for £5.1million from Red Star Belgrade, was handed his first start by the German at Highbury Stadium on Wednesday.

However, when speaking to LFC TV before the match, Klopp said that this was the first opportunity he had to watch Grujic live in a match.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Jürgen-klopp-first-time-im-11611691

Tell you what... It was a brave call, by Jürgen, to go 'first call', 'last call', then buy the lad without ever having seen him live. There ain't too many who would have balls big enough to either do that or, better still... be honest enough to admit it.  :o   :laugh:

I'd imagine there's a few players he's not seen live before signing or playing them.  He said himself he needs others to do some of the work and he trusts his two sidekicks, especially Buvac when it comes to Eastern European players.

I can't see him going in blind though, he'll have seen plenty of video footage.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #133: Jul 14, 2016 09:53:01 am
      He said himself he needs others to do some of the work and he trusts his two sidekicks, especially Buvac when it comes to Eastern European players.
      Yeah... personally speaking, I am 100% convinced that Jürgen delegates the first part of the process; i.e. scouting to his scouts; I always have been to be honest.

I asked this before but can't recall seeing an answer: have "his two sidekicks" [especially Buvac] been seconded onto the Transfer Committee?  :confused-smiley-013:

I can't see him going in blind though, he'll have seen plenty of video footage.
      Oh that's a given I'd expect - he more or less hinted at that but...

Would that [watching "plenty of video..."] be before he sends his scouts out, or after - what do you reckon debs?  :confused-smiley-013:

I suppose (if he trusts his scouts), it would be "after" but then again, (if he really has first call) he'd be watching the videos "before" despatching the scouts.

On a separate note but still related: when one actually thinks about it... where the F**k would a manager (not just Jürgen) get his mits on comprehensive videos of players? I mean; there can't be a 'bank' of videos on every player in the world; can there?  :laugh:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #134: Jul 14, 2016 10:41:09 am
      Yeah... personally speaking, I am 100% convinced that Jürgen delegates the first part of the process; i.e. scouting to his scouts; I always have been to be honest.

I asked this before but can't recall seeing an answer: have "his two sidekicks" [especially Buvac] been seconded onto the Transfer Committee?  :confused-smiley-013:
      Oh that's a given I'd expect - he more or less hinted at that but...

Would that [watching "plenty of video..."] be before he sends his scouts out, or after - what do you reckon debs?  :confused-smiley-013:

I suppose (if he trusts his scouts), it would be "after" but then again, (if he really has first call) he'd be watching the videos "before" despatching the scouts.

On a separate note but still related: when one actually thinks about it... where the F**k would a manager (not just Jürgen) get his mits on comprehensive videos of players? I mean; there can't be a 'bank' of videos on every player in the world; can there?  :laugh:

I don't think they need to be "seconded" on to have their say, they're part of the management team that will discuss potential transfers in and out.

As for how the process works, I've always understood it that each scout will watch games at all levels in their "area".  The scouts will have scouts who report back on anyone that catches the eye.  They'll then watch as often as necessary and produce a scouting report, that will then be sent to whoever they report to and so on until the player is either discarded or a full report is sent to the chief scout.

It'll include video footage, stats etc all easily found in the relevant leagues, even at academy and schoolboy level.

Not "all" scouts are scouts, they're part of a network of contacts built up over many years.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #135: Jul 14, 2016 12:16:03 pm
      Impressive half from the lad.

Needs to work on his passing a bit; keep it simple and on the floor

Also needs to play with a bit more composure but I think that's more to do with the fact he's just 20 years of age and it was his first game.

Reminds of Yaya/Pogba/Viera

Early days but it looks like the Klopp scouts just keep on ticking :D
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #136: Jul 15, 2016 09:48:46 pm
      Marko Grujic “has every possibility to adapt quickly” at Liverpool – Peter Krawietz

Serbian midfielder Marko Grujic has the ability to shine for Liverpool in 2016/17, believes Jürgen Klopp‘s assistant, Peter Krawietz.

Krawietz recently signed a new six-year deal at Liverpool along with Klopp and fellow assistant Zeljko Buvac, continuing his analytical role alongside his long-standing colleagues.

Like Klopp, the 44-year-old is a proponent of trusting youth at an early stage, and watching Grujic impress for the Reds against Fleetwood Town on Wednesday night, he wasn’t surprised by his dominant display.

Grujic signed in a £5.1 million deal in January, and Krawietz has explained how he, Buvac and Klopp have high expectations for the former Red Star Belgrade man.

“We are very, very optimistic. Not [only] since Wednesday, because we knew him before of course,” he told LFCTV.

“He has had a good start and this is the point from where we can start to work with him and develop improvement with him.

“He has the possibility to play in different positions in midfield.

“He is a young player; he still has to adapt to the Premier League and our style of play.

“We know you need strong players and tall players—a mixture for Premier League football.

“He has every possibility to adapt quickly.”

FLEETWOOD, ENGLAND - Wednesday, July 13, 2016: Liverpool's Marko Grujic in action against Fleetwood Town during a friendly match at Highbury Stadium. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

It is Grujic’s physicality and flexibility that give him the opportunity to progress swiftly under Klopp and his backroom staff at Liverpool.

His goalscoring display against Fleetwood, though only against League One opposition in a pre-season friendly, suggested he would be capable of blending in with the likes of Emre Can and Jordan Henderson in 2016/17.

Grujic served as a box-to-box midfielder at Highbury Stadium, as with much of his career at Red Star, but is also comfortable in the No. 10 role.

The Serbia international highlighted his ability to test the goalkeeper through Wednesday night’s 5-0 victory, and mixing this attacking sensibility with defensive steel is invaluable.

Standing at 6’3″, Grujic’s height was likely a key factor behind Klopp making him his first permanent signing since becoming Liverpool manager in October.

Already boasting the build required to thrive in a physical footballing landscape, Krawietz clearly believes Grujic has the mindset to do so, too.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/07/marko-grujic-every-possibility-adapt-quickly-liverpool-peter-krawietz/
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #137: Jul 15, 2016 09:54:33 pm
      As if it wasn't clear already that Krawietz had scouted him extensively and wanted us to sign him when he arrived here with Klopp.

Quick Reply