Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

Marko Grujić Player Thread (LFC -> Porto)

Read 85821 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Marko Grujic Player Thread
      Reply #92: Jul 04, 2016 06:36:11 pm
      He may not feature on Friday after all  :(

Only just secured his work permit today and there's still some procedural issues to resolve.

Gutted!

Oh and he's our new No.16  ;D

He can play non-competitive games without a permit, can't he?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #93: Jul 04, 2016 06:59:05 pm
      He can play non-competitive games without a permit, can't he?

He's got his permit mate but there's other "issues" that could prevent him playing on Friday according to the article about his permit.  No idea what though, it just said procedural issues, which may be just the paperwork.
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #94: Jul 04, 2016 06:59:09 pm
      How do you reckon he's going to fair in the PL mate?  Do you think he'll surprise us and be a regular starter this season?

Don't expect too much from him in his first season. At least not in the first half of the season. I think he will have very good moments, but I don't expect from him to be a starter immediately.

He has to get used to a new league, new team, new teammates, and yet he is still very young.

In the Serbian team he is now  first replace for Matic (Chealsea), I expect that in the beginning in Liverpool he will be  a replacement for Can. But few months from now, when he gets enough confidence and routine, he can be a pleasant surprise.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #95: Jul 04, 2016 07:10:25 pm
      Don't expect too much from him in his first season. At least not in the first half of the season. I think he will have very good moments, but I don't expect from him to be a starter immediately.

He has to get used to a new league, new team, new teammates, and yet he is still very young.

In the Serbian team he is now  first replace for Matic (Chealsea), I expect that in the beginning in Liverpool he will be  a replacement for Can. But few months from now, when he gets enough confidence and routine, he can be a pleasant surprise.

Thanks for that mate.

Interesting then that Jürgen told him he'd be more of a box to box player, maybe playing slightly ahead of Can.  Would this suit him eventually?
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #96: Jul 04, 2016 07:27:52 pm
      Thanks for that mate.

Interesting then that Jürgen told him he'd be more of a box to box player, maybe playing slightly ahead of Can.  Would this suit him eventually?

Perfect position.

Here is his play for the national team in friendly game vs Cyprus on that position. He came in the game instead of Matic. It was his debut for the national team, so he wasn't so assertive like he is in Red Star. Also, it was his first game after more than 1 month pause after injury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elhVqphwK74

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #97: Jul 04, 2016 07:32:13 pm
      Too tall :)

Looks like a f**king monster. May be the answer to our midfielders getting bullied.

Thought exactly this mate, do get a BFG feel about the way he's lurching in the background. Google has him down as just over 6ft 2, looks even taller there, will be a nice change to have some physical dominance in the centre with Can too.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #98: Jul 04, 2016 07:37:52 pm
      Perfect position.

Here is his play for the national team in friendly game vs Cyprus on that position. He came in the game instead of Matic. It was his debut for the national team, so he wasn't so assertive like he is in Red Star. Also, it was his first game after more than 1 month pause after injury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elhVqphwK74

Thanks again mate, it's great to have some insider info on new players. 

I'll have a watch of the video tomorrow when I'm undisturbed and can watch it in peace   :gt-happyup:
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #99: Jul 04, 2016 07:46:37 pm
      Thanks again mate, it's great to have some insider info on new players. 

I'll have a watch of the video tomorrow when I'm undisturbed and can watch it in peace   :gt-happyup:

No problem mate.

I can tell you one thing for sure. He will be much better than Markovic.  :gt-happyup:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #100: Jul 04, 2016 07:51:32 pm
      No problem mate.

I can tell you one thing for sure. He will be much better than Markovic.  :gt-happyup:

I have high hopes for him tbh, I can see him claiming a starting place before Christmas  ;D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #101: Jul 04, 2016 08:10:48 pm
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #102: Jul 04, 2016 08:16:32 pm
      The fact that Premier League players can't get work permits immediately is a F***ing joke.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #103: Jul 04, 2016 09:52:41 pm
      Anybody know why Grujic has to leave the UK and then re-enter after having his work permit accepted?
      Bogdan91
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #104: Jul 04, 2016 09:59:59 pm
      Anybody know why Grujic has to leave the UK and then re-enter after having his work permit accepted?
      really? That's stupid
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #105: Jul 04, 2016 10:00:49 pm

Maybe he shouldn't have been in the country working without his permit mate.
      Bogdan91
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #106: Jul 04, 2016 10:02:54 pm
      Maybe he shouldn't have been in the country working without his permit mate.
      maybe he forgot something back at home  :lmao:
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #107: Jul 04, 2016 10:08:24 pm
      You don't seem to rate former Partizan players. ;) I'm curious what's your take on Živković mate?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #108: Jul 04, 2016 10:10:24 pm

Not really.

A friend of mine has been working in Thailand for about 8 years now, he has to apply for a new work permit every 6 months and to do that he has to leave the country (Thailand) until it's issued.
      Bogdan91
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #109: Jul 04, 2016 10:12:19 pm
      Not really.

A friend of mine has been working in Thailand for about 8 years now, he has to apply for a new work permit every 6 months and to do that he has to leave the country (Thailand) until it's issued.
      oh fair enough
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #110: Jul 04, 2016 10:12:41 pm
      Easy Jet return flight to Dublin for about £30 have some lunch in a Irish bar and come back.

No big deal.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #111: Jul 04, 2016 10:16:28 pm
      Easy Jet return flight to Dublin for about £30 have some lunch in a Irish bar and come back.

No big deal.

That's literally it mate.

My mate used to come home to the UK for a month, now he just nips over the border to Cambodia or Laos for a few days.  Damn sight cheaper and quicker  ;D
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #112: Jul 04, 2016 10:31:01 pm
      You don't seem to rate former Partizan players. ;) I'm curious what's your take on Živković mate?

Well, maybe I am a little bit biased, I dont know, but I am trying hard to be realistic.  ;D

Zivkovic is better than Markovic imo, but he is Benfica now.

Markovic is nice guy, very quick, but he doesn't have much skills. He is a winger without dribbling.

Grujic is much more sophisticated, intelligent player. Its not because he is a former Red Star player, but I am sure he has a lot more to offer in Premier League. Another thing I like  is that he quickly adapts and progresses very quickly, which is a feature of intelligent players.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #113: Jul 04, 2016 10:37:13 pm
      Well, maybe I am a little bit biased, I dont know, but I am trying hard to be realistic.  ;D

Zivkovic is better than Markovic imo, but he is Benfica now.

Markovic is nice guy, very quick, but he doesn't have much skills. He is a winger without dribbling.

Grujic is much more sophisticated, intelligent player. Its not because he is a former Red Star player, but I am sure he has a lot more to offer in Premier League. Another thing I like  is that he quickly adapts and progresses very quickly, which is a feature of intelligent players.

Thanks for your insight!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #114: Jul 12, 2016 11:40:01 pm
      Starting to think Marko could be the other starting midfielder alongside Emre - and that he could flourish.

Quick Reply