Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Mario Götze (Bayern Munich)

Read 75847 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Mario Gotze (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #138: May 09, 2016 04:05:49 pm
      lmbo at 'Suarezgate'... grab a pitchfork quick - this place is F***ing nuts.   :nod:

Anyhow... Gotze; better than Gomez?  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #139: May 09, 2016 04:49:00 pm
      Gotze ''hint'' about joining LFC.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-transfer-rumours-mario-11303794

Apparently the ''hint'' is the bookies shortening the odds about him coming to Anfield, nevertheless this one does seem to have some balls about it.

Mentioned in the Echo, must be happening then 8)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #140: May 09, 2016 05:15:16 pm
      Mentioned in the Echo, must be happening then 8)

Wouldn't have bothered with it mate but saw it was in the Echo and thought it must have some meat on the bones.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #141: May 09, 2016 07:13:38 pm
      Wouldn't have bothered with it mate but saw it was in the Echo and thought it must have some meat on the bones.

It's just the gossip column so that isn't reliable, but it has been reported by Barrett, Pearce, Hunter, Joyce, etc. in the past that we want him and all of them are as reliable as they come.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #142: May 09, 2016 08:42:26 pm
      we can only dream of a player like gotze.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #143: May 09, 2016 08:57:47 pm
      we can only dream of a player like gotze.

We've had plenty better players than him at this club. Don't talk nonsense.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #144: May 09, 2016 10:07:52 pm
      We've had plenty better players than him at this club. Don't talk nonsense.

Have to agree
      I think he is certainly over rated
      He isn't a great player
      He is  a very good one that has needs to play and develop
      It's interesting that he didn't get off the bench for Bayern in either of the semi final legs.
      I honestly believe that the goal he scored in the World Cup final has given many a distorted view of his true abilities and he has been made out to be a better player than he is.
      Clearly Klopp rated him and if we bought him it could potentially be a very good one but to be honest, whose position would he take?
      Phil's? Perhaps as Cou hasn't been that fantastic the last few months but when he is on form he is utter class.
      Firmino's? Not a chance judging by how well he has settled and performed recently. Been proving me wrong as I had my doubts about him.
      Lalana's? I think adam is a class player and is massively under rated.
      So basically he would add really great competition to the squad and could be a fantastic addition but I don't but into the belief that he is a great player or a world beater.
      Time will tell
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #145: May 09, 2016 10:39:30 pm
      Have to agree
      I think he is certainly over rated
      He isn't a great player
      He is  a very good one that has needs to play and develop
      It's interesting that he didn't get off the bench for Bayern in either of the semi final legs.
      I honestly believe that the goal he scored in the World Cup final has given many a distorted view of his true abilities and he has been made out to be a better player than he is.
      Clearly Klopp rated him and if we bought him it could potentially be a very good one but to be honest, whose position would he take?
      Phil's? Perhaps as Cou hasn't been that fantastic the last few months but when he is on form he is utter class.
      Firmino's? Not a chance judging by how well he has settled and performed recently. Been proving me wrong as I had my doubts about him.
      Lalana's? I think adam is a class player and is massively under rated.
      So basically he would add really great competition to the squad and could be a fantastic addition but I don't but into the belief that he is a great player or a world beater.
      Time will tell

Out of the 3 of them there's no question in my mind who's position he'd take. His end product is better than Lallana's. He must have decent work rate as he's played very well in a Klopp team before. I agree with the majority of your post though.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #146: May 09, 2016 10:44:24 pm
      Yeah agree with you there.

My comment was more a snap at Riba for getting on my tits with his usual nonsense ;D
      I second that.
      Anyone with a modicum of intelligence, can see that Barney quoted an earlier post that mentioned Denis, not Luis.
      Rib-wich has yet again been as grating as finger nails down a bloody chalkboard!

Take a chill pill, Ripeforapoo. You are either confrontational, abrasive or just ubersensitive.
      Take up yoga, pop some valium.....anything. Better still, just downright turf your pacifier for good. Get a grip.

wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #147: May 10, 2016 01:18:12 am
      I still believe that if Klopp wants Gotze he will get Gotze. And again the only reason Gotze does not end up at Liverpool is if Klopp finds a better target.
      For Gotze a move to Liverpool, reuniting with his 'godfather' is a very nice story. Liverpool is a bigger club than Dortmund and the EPL is a more attractive proposition.
      And my personal view is that if Gotze cannot make it in the Bayern starting 11 (he rarely played this year) speaks volume for Pep's view on the player.
      I also question his ability to handle the physical play of the EPL. He reminds me of a Bogdan who can pull a great move once in a while (granted a much better version of Bogdan) but still a fairly light weight who would suffer to perform week in and week out in the EPL.

Now let the abuse start...
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #148: May 10, 2016 10:54:18 am
      I still believe that if Klopp wants Gotze he will get Gotze. And again the only reason Gotze does not end up at Liverpool is if Klopp finds a better target.
      For Gotze a move to Liverpool, reuniting with his 'godfather' is a very nice story. Liverpool is a bigger club than Dortmund and the EPL is a more attractive proposition.
      And my personal view is that if Gotze cannot make it in the Bayern starting 11 (he rarely played this year) speaks volume for Pep's view on the player.
      I also question his ability to handle the physical play of the EPL. He reminds me of a Bogdan who can pull a great move once in a while (granted a much better version of Bogdan) but still a fairly light weight who would suffer to perform week in and week out in the EPL.

Now let the abuse start...

What did you mean by the comment regarding Guardiola's view on the player? Is it that if Guardiola doesn't rate him then he's not all that great or is it that Guardiola has got this one wrong?

This light weight comment crops up every season when somebody new comes into the league. The people I look at (off the top of my head) in comparison to Gotze are: David Silva [5.57 ft], Coutinho [5.61 ft], Raheem Sterling [5.57 ft], Juan Mata [5.57 ft], Eden Hazard [5.67 ft] and then Gotze at [5.77 ft]. One running theme with those players is that they've all IMO successfully dealt with the physical demands of this league. If Gotze weighs considerably less than all of them then I'd be surprised. Even still, that doesn't determine whether somebody will be successful.

I seriously don't get the Bogdan comparison though, that's some sh*t player you've used to try and make your point that Gotze would struggle.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #149: May 10, 2016 12:23:23 pm
      The Bogdan comparison is mental.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #150: May 10, 2016 12:33:35 pm

Supporters being optimistic, you on the other hand do seem unwilling to contemplate the very idea that Gotze could sign for us.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #151: May 10, 2016 12:50:31 pm
      If this deal for hummels to bayern is true and they have signed him,as reported today,does this meen we could really have a good chance at signing gotze.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #152: May 10, 2016 01:46:42 pm
      I have a notion he means Bojan mate.  :laugh:
      « Last Edit: May 10, 2016 01:58:57 pm by bad boy bubby »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #153: May 10, 2016 03:04:48 pm
      If this deal for hummels to bayern is true and they have signed him,as reported today,does this meen we could really have a good chance at signing gotze.

Confirmed mate - Hummels and Benfica midfielder Renato Sanches.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36255995

The jig-saw is coming together.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #154: May 10, 2016 05:59:07 pm

If anything, this makes it more likely that Gotze will rejoin Dortmund. Bayern will want to throw Dortmund a bone.

Supporters being optimistic, you on the other hand do seem unwilling to contemplate the very idea that Gotze could sign for us.

How does the Bogdan comparison have anything to do with him being optimistic? If anything he was being pessimistic about us signing him and the comparison was mental.

I think it could happen. I think there's a hell of a lot more to it than thinking if Klopp wants him, we'll get him though. At a certain point optimism moves into the area of stupidity.

I have a notion he means Bojan mate.  :laugh:

Still a strange comparison as Bojan has been very good for Stoke and hasn't really suffered due to the physicality of the league. Gotze is also on another planet to Bojan.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #155: May 11, 2016 01:40:43 am
      I was indeed referring to Bojan from Stoke.  :)

While Bojan did quite well for Stoke it was relative to expectations which were not very high for him. Gotze transfer will come with very high expectations and he will be expected to hit the ground running. And so an okay season will be regarded as a failure.

My main point remains that if Klopp wants Gotze he will get his man. With Klopp at the helm I do not believe that Dortmund has the pull of Liverpool.

Moreover, personally, I do not rate Gotze as high as many on this forum. I believe that there is significant hype from the WC goal he scored as a substitute. Just my opinion of the player based on the times I have seen him play for Germany and Bayern.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #156: May 11, 2016 02:06:15 am
      I was indeed referring to Bojan from Stoke.  :)

While Bojan did quite well for Stoke it was relative to expectations which were not very high for him. Gotze transfer will come with very high expectations and he will be expected to hit the ground running. And so an okay season will be regarded as a failure.

My main point remains that if Klopp wants Gotze he will get his man. With Klopp at the helm I do not believe that Dortmund has the pull of Liverpool.

Moreover, personally, I do not rate Gotze as high as many on this forum. I believe that there is significant hype from the WC goal he scored as a substitute. Just my opinion of the player based on the times I have seen him play for Germany and Bayern.

You mean the same Bojan that just about makes the bench for the mighty Stoke these days?

I don't get this obsession with the World Cup goal. Your belief is wrong when it comes to my view on Gotze.

My belief in Gotze comes from the 8 goals & 16 assists he got in 2010/11, the 7 goals & 8 assists he got in 26 games in 2011/12, the 16 goals and 20 assists he got in 2012/13, the 15 goals and 13 assists he got in 2013/14 and the 15 goals and 7 assists last season. They're some quality stats for a 23 year old.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #157: May 12, 2016 12:50:20 pm
      Liverpool transfer news: Reds confident of signing Mario Gotze as Bayern Munich look for £20 million

Liverpool remain confident they can lure Mario Gotze to Anfield this summer after Bayern Munich made it known the midfielder will be leaving the Bundesliga champions.

Jürgen Klopp has been courting his former protégé since it became apparent the 23-year-old would be seeking a fresh challenge ahead of the start of next season.

German media last night reported that incoming Bayern manager Carlo Ancelotti has informed Gotze he can go. His contract expires at the end of next season, 2017, which means his valuation is currently around £20 million.

Gotze has indicated he will make his decision after the European Championships, with his former club Borussia Dortmund and Juventus also trailing him. Dortmund fans have not taken so kindly to the prospect of the player’s return, with their rivalry with Munich intensifying now Mats Hummels has become the latest to leave them for the champions.

The personal relationship between Klopp and Gotze could prove crucial for a deal that would be seen as a bargain given the calibre of the man who scored the winning goal in the last World Cup.

Gotze has been a priority signing for Klopp since he became aware of his availability.

Speaking last month, the Liverpool manager would not be drawn on the pursuit of the player he managed at Borussia Dortmund beyond acknowledging the pain he felt when he sold him to his Bundesliga rivals in 2013.

He refrained from elaborating on whether Gotze is in talks to move to Merseyside, but said: “It is easy to know I like Mario Gotze. It was not the best day in my life when I heard he was going to Bayern Munich.

“I have known him since he was 16. That is a long trip but he is still a young player. I know him better than other players, that is right. That is the only difference to all the other players around.

“I would never say anything about a transfer, whether we are interested or not. It is not important. I speak to you about transfers when they are done and not before. It is all rumours, speculation and I have nothing to say about things like this. We can talk two hours about Mario Gotze but it would not change a per cent whether he comes here or goes wherever.”

- Telegraph
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Reply #158: May 12, 2016 12:56:32 pm
      Suarez is no where near Gotze. He's never reached anything like Gotze's peak and if he does, he'll have done very well for himself. Gotze is a couple of levels above Suarez.

EDITED - Realized talking about Denis Suarez

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #159: May 12, 2016 01:06:31 pm
      EDITED - Realized talking about Denis Suarez

I bet you spent hours writing something up on how wrong he was and how much better L.Suarez is :p
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #160: May 12, 2016 01:11:57 pm
      Klopp knows him very well and what he could brings with him and with that I have the full backing from me. That's enough. Gotze is massive but needs to play regularly.

Quick Reply