Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Pre match: Liverpool Vs West Ham Utd. FA Cup 4th Rd. Sat 30 Jan 2016

Read 12995 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,313 posts | 4950 
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool Vs West Ham Utd. FA Cup 4th Rd. Sat 30 Jan 2016 (Edited)
      Reply #92: Jan 29, 2016 11:58:35 pm
      It grates me that a supporter would even post such drivel, no reason at all we can't beat them.

Exactly.

And we will beat them.

No way they'll beat us three times in a season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4416 
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool Vs West Ham Utd. FA Cup 4th Rd. Sat 30 Jan 2016 (Edited)
      Reply #93: Jan 29, 2016 11:58:40 pm
      It grates me that a supporter would even post such drivel, no reason at all we can't beat them.

Absolutely it's not Barcelona in claret we are playing.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #94: Jan 30, 2016 12:00:02 am
      haha yea originally I didn't want to put Lucas, but we have no one else since Hendo is injured now and don't get my started on Can... Can Can even play football?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #95: Jan 30, 2016 12:07:13 am

I wouldn't call it drivel. More of a realisation of where we are at the moment.

We are playing a team that is above us in the league and have convincingly beaten us twice already this season...

West Ham...

They're in better form than us, play better football than us and at the moment probably have better players than us. Of course, there is no reason why we can't beat them - that is the beauty of football. But in this moment they are in a better position than us.

I see Klopp has to make the changes for this one (150Kms ran against Stoke), at least the "character" and will to work for one another is there and Klopp is managing to squeeze this out of them, if nothing else. He hasn't got much else to work with but at the same time we haven't been convincing by any stretch and our performances and results I think will continue to be indifferent. And it's not nice knowing that your team can be matched man for man against the likes of Norwich, Stoke, Exeter and West Ham.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #96: Jan 30, 2016 12:16:25 am

We are playing a team that is above us in the league and have convincingly beaten us twice already this season...

West Ham...

They're in better form than us, play better football than us and at the moment probably have better players than us. Of course, there is no reason why we can't beat them - that is the beauty of football. But in this moment they are in a better position than us.

I see Klopp has to make the changes for this one (150Kms ran against Stoke), at least the "character" and will to work for one another is there and Klopp is managing to squeeze this out of them, if nothing else. He hasn't got much else to work with but at the same time we haven't been convincing by any stretch and our performances and results I think will continue to be indifferent. And it's not nice knowing that your team can be matched man for man against the likes of Norwich, Stoke, Exeter and West Ham.

It's one thing to roll over against Real Madrid mate.... and another thing to roll over against F***ing West Ham!

We have to go into these games believing we can win or where are we? Yes we do sometime lose to poor sides but expecting to lose is F***ing disgraceful.

I'm just hoping we don't get thrashed again :)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #97: Jan 30, 2016 12:21:28 am
      The game can go either way tomorrow.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #98: Jan 30, 2016 12:24:28 am

;D

It can go one of 3 ways actually.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #99: Jan 30, 2016 12:27:00 am
      Following on from the above, West ham gave Citeh a decent game, and secured a draw in a pretty even contest. We on the other hand, gave Citeh a  F***ing good pasting. Then West ham beat us, once very fortunately, and once convincingly.
      So there you have it, anyone can beat anyone on their day. Either convincingly, or fortunately.
      I just so happen to have been born into a culture at Liverpool Football Club, which by default, enforces me to believe we can beat anyone on our day, who care to put a side out against us. No matter what team we field, we have a chance because we are Liverpool Football Club. Although stats and form might point to the fact we will lose, and I recognise that, and get frustrated by our lesser performances as well, I always believe we have a chance to win. If you don't have that belief in your team, perhaps you are supporting the wrong one.
      Maybe you just don't have that peculiar molecular structure, that makes a Liverpool Fan what he/she is.
      Thats why we are different from the rest, and why we are envied by most. WE BELIEVE ! C.O.Y.M.REDS.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #100: Jan 30, 2016 12:29:16 am
      Following on again, We have the ability to get it wrong, and lose or draw, but we are also capable of beautiful football. I'm going for the latter tomorrow (today even) and predicting a 3 - 1 win.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #101: Jan 30, 2016 12:36:03 am
      Following on from the above, West ham gave Citeh a decent game, and secured a draw in a pretty even contest. We on the other hand, gave Citeh a  f**king good pasting. Then West ham beat us, once very fortunately, and once convincingly.
      So there you have it, anyone can beat anyone on their day. Either convincingly, or fortunately.
      I just so happen to have been born into a culture at Liverpool Football Club, which by default, enforces me to believe we can beat anyone on our day, who care to put a side out against us. No matter what team we field, we have a chance because we are Liverpool Football Club. Although stats and form might point to the fact we will lose, and I recognise that, and get frustrated by our lesser performances as well, I always believe we have a chance to win. If you don't have that belief in your team, perhaps you are supporting the wrong one.
      Maybe you just don't have that peculiar molecular structure, that makes a Liverpool Fan what he/she is.
      Thats why we are different from the rest, and why we are envied by most. WE BELIEVE ! C.O.Y.M.REDS.

People are twisting this somewhat.

Nobody, is expecting a defeat. Just laying out the context around the game in which a match-up against the mighty Hammers is a tough one for LFC these days. People have talked long enough about lowering expectations on here; I've succumbed to it.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #102: Jan 30, 2016 03:07:02 am

Saying it might be a tough match to club that has been playing us well this year is a realization

No matter what team Klopp plays we dont have much chances.

Saying we don't stand a chance no matter what we do is drivel.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #103: Jan 30, 2016 03:45:02 am
      Saying we don't stand a chance no matter what we do is drivel.

I was quoting/paraphrasing somebody else and didn't use the quote marks.

Highlighting the fact other fans can see how difficult this game is going to be as Lio did; as was the case against Norwich, Exeter, Stoke and a sh*te Manc side. All of which aren't as good on current form as WH.

However, you may consider it drivel but others may see the context of form, injuries and results already played against them as plausible.
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2016 04:31:34 am by Beerbelly »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,846 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #104: Jan 30, 2016 05:14:44 am
      Come on lads, let's knock these fuckers out.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #105: Jan 30, 2016 05:30:53 am

Yes, lets do it.

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #106: Jan 30, 2016 07:47:50 am
      Can't go into any game full of confidence these days, it's just the unpredictable way we play and also the whole season has been odd for all teams.
      The system isn't working, it's partly a formation issue and the team not looking out for each other.
      I can't wait don't get me wrong. If Can plays I'd rather try him in Benteke's "role" whatever that is than bombing around the pitch and burning himself out in an hour. he would battle to hold the ball up more than Benteke.
      Having said that, I feel this is a game Benteke will have success in (he need to play like he's angry not like he's defeated). The way we slow down when he plays from the start doesn't make for thrilling viewing usually though.
      Nervous about this one, it's a great cup to win so I hope we will. Long way to go yet though.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #107: Jan 30, 2016 08:20:50 am
      Hammers the Hammers.  2-0
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #108: Jan 30, 2016 08:24:51 am
      They are very strong. No matter what team Klopp plays we dont have much chances. Focus on Carling cup, europa league with one eye on top 4.

Lio.

Lio.

"We dont have many chances " or " have much chance" .
      Do get your grammar right.

In fact.

Go join another forum.  A Red doesnt say that .
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #109: Jan 30, 2016 09:36:25 am

Ye, let's smash them for number 8!

:champ::champ::champ::champ::champ::champ::champ::champ:
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,178 posts | 527 
      Reply #110: Jan 30, 2016 10:21:25 am

No sh*t Sherlock, bet you are fun at parties.  ???
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,315 posts | 769 
      Reply #111: Jan 30, 2016 10:33:23 am
      Gone for a 2  1 win in the Prediction League, need to keep on the path of winning silverware, as well as revenge for the Hammers doing the double over us in the league.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #112: Jan 30, 2016 10:47:46 am
      Time for some revenge lets hammer the hammers!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,454 posts | 2848 
      Reply #113: Jan 30, 2016 11:09:38 am
      Seems like we'll make a lot of changes whilst I expect West Ham will go with their best side so it will be a tough one. Still think we can put a side out that can beat them though.

Use the two defeats to them this year as motivation and get at them, come on you Reds!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4593 
      Reply #114: Jan 30, 2016 11:27:55 am
      I think we may surprise a few with our performance today given the boost we've had reaching a final of one the domestic cups.

Nothing but a win toady I see.

Quick Reply