Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      2 (2.7%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (2.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      12 (16.2%)
      Emre Can
      2 (2.7%)
      James Milner
      2 (2.7%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      52 (70.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (1.4%)
      Christian Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Steven Caulker
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Voting closed: Jan 18, 2016 08:03:11 pm

Liverpool 3:3 Arsenal. In game and post match debate..

Read 37486 times
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: Liverpool 3:3 Arsenal. In game and post match debate..
      Reply #759: Jan 13, 2016 10:21:09 pm
      My main thought is that Klopp himself did very well with his decisions tonight. The starting line up was spot on and the first 10-15 minutes showed that. We dominate, score and then give away a goal. 3 players around Campbell and they all let him turn far too easily. Fantastic goal from Firmino and then we concede another weak goal. Mignolet at fault but Lallana also completely misjudges the flight of the ball. Giroud's 2nd was a good goal but still think Toure shouldn't sell himself so easily. What a finish to the game though, we rode out that difficult period between 55-65 and then put the pressure on, well deserved equaliser in the end, great credit to Benteke for the assist and huge credit to Allen for getting there first and putting it away.

Great game, decent performance for the most part and a fair result. Now onto the weekend and the Mancs.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #760: Jan 13, 2016 10:22:36 pm
      it's not drivel though is it?

saying ibe lost on more or less every time by running in straight lines was a fact and perfectly reasonable

Nah it not even drivel its just sh*te that contributes nothing.

Quote from Binomial
      simon mignolet you c**t

Quote from Binomial
      joel campbell cutting us apart  :lmao:

f**k off liverpool

Quote from Binomial
      f**k off with your hoofball kolo

Quote from Binomial
      lallana and moreno utter useless fodders

Quote from Binomial
      mignolet ;D

what a tool

Quote from Binomial
      does ibe do anything bar run into defenders?

christ sakes man

Quote from Binomial
      jordon ibe is sooooooo sooo bad

Quote from Binomial
      are you joking sakho

Quote from Binomial
      wait for it moreno you brainless tw*t

Quote from Binomial
      sakes can. what are you doing?

Quote from Binomial
      terrible from kolo, can't even manage a 5 yard pass

Quote from Binomial
      ibe is terrible

Quote from Binomial
      clyne should be off

Quote from Binomial
      arsenal cbs soooo much better than our clowns

Quote from Binomial
      WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY MIG MIG MIG MIG MIGGGGYY

Quote from Binomial
      wtf firmino  why
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #761: Jan 13, 2016 10:22:53 pm
      Happy to see Firminho began to show his class. Arsenal packed their defence and yet we scored 3 goals and that's amazing. We simply do not have a quality DM midfielder.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #762: Jan 13, 2016 10:23:32 pm
      He may not be but he's still a million miles ahead of what we have.

As for his performance tonight I wouldn't have been too harsh on him apart from maybe the first which he still pulls off a cracker to save from Can and then the rebound is hit back through legs.

The second no keeper saves, it's near postage stamp.

The 3rd is hit through legs right into the bottom corner.

If people want to criticise that then fair enough but god only knows how that then reflects on the goals they did score, the penalty they should have had and the tap in that luckily Giroud managed to miss. All down to our keeper's absolute brilliance.

Since when do we give any context to saves-per-goal conceded stats on here? Outrageous. :laugh:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #763: Jan 13, 2016 10:24:53 pm
      over the top yet no one will pick it out because you're not me!

Genuinely here, I've seen a few posts of yours and none have been positive. That's the reason why yours have been picked up on I'm guessing.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #764: Jan 13, 2016 10:26:54 pm
      Firstly, pleased with the point, more than I'd expected.

Secondly, it's been like a kindergarten in here tonight, I have a second degree burn on my leg, so really I can't be arsed trawling through here tonight.

Some of the quality of the posts have been very below what is accepted, frustrations aside, just think before you hit post.

Like the FA, things will be looked at in due course.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #765: Jan 13, 2016 10:27:00 pm
      Since when do we give any context to saves-per-goal conceded stats on here? Outrageous. :laugh:

;D

3 years worth of statistics, that's one helluva sample size!
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #766: Jan 13, 2016 10:27:36 pm
      Cracking game , shame about the defending . Thought Firmino was brilliant in the first half . Always seems to be a thriller against the arse .
      Probably going to go down as the best game of the season for neutrals.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #767: Jan 13, 2016 10:28:47 pm
      We score a brilliant goal and next concede a silly goal. When is this going to stop? If Mig ain't gonna play properly or consistently half-hearted performance  from him everytime, might as well put two players to defend at the goal line, it may actually help us to concede less.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #768: Jan 13, 2016 10:29:38 pm
      This is one of those matches where a draw feels like win. Klopp and his team did great (I still don't understand why Mignolet was offered a new contract)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #769: Jan 13, 2016 10:34:08 pm
      Would have been gutted if the guys walked off that field with nothing to show for it and after twice leading the match. But delighted that the players got the point they deserved so much.

Mignolet. Again showing a worrying lack of responsiblity and sense. Getting beat at the near post is a bit of a cardinal sin for goalkeepers to commit regardless of how well placed the ball was by Ramsey. The second? Clearly his first line of defence fails him badly (Lallana should have stuck to the post) but he has to be aware of the possibilities that it will come to him. An all round defensive cock up that goal was. Doesn't cover himself in glory minutes later when he fails to come to punch a ball from a corner that is floating four feet from the goal line. Should he also make an attempt to dive for the third goal but is rooted? Maybe that's nitpicking and despite an excellent punch late on, didn't have a good night. 4/10

Clyne. Improved as the game went on. Has an engine and a perseverence to him. Solid if unspectacular. Let down by the impotency of Ibe in front of him. 6/10
      Toure. Good solid game from him. Showed experience in a mad match and made some important interceptions. 6/10
      Sakho. Couldn't really deal with the excellent Giroud for most of the night. But like Toure made some really important last ditch tackles and blocks. Excellent goal line clearance in the first half as well. 6/10
      Moreno. Tireless and energetic for the whole game. Should have scored, gets himself into many important positions and provides some good dimensions. 7/10

Can. Brilliant first half and had his moments in the second half but a potentially 8/10 (even 9/10 performance) is badly let down by a lack of awareness and slowness in reacting to very tight nervous situations. Lost the ball carelessly on a few occasions. 7/10
      Henderson. Tireless performance again from Henderson and so great to have him back. Reliable in most situations, wants to be available and shows real initiative. 7/10
      Milner. Again, tireless and you see how important it is to have players like Milner and Henderson in Klopp's mind. Offered himself as a smart outlet in many attacking positions and more or less made the correct decisions in attacking situations. 7/10

Ibe. Worst outfield player for us today. Given so much space by Arsenal and with good reason too. Squandered attacking opportunity after attacking opportunity. Counted three times when he lost the ball against the left back in the first 5 minutes of the second half without even attempting to make a pass or cross. Ridiculously easy for Arsenal on that side of the field when the ball was at his feet. Fails to make defensive efforts either and was strolling at times. He's got pace and energy but I fear he lacks the intelligence and instinct to make it as a top top player. 5/10
      Firmino. Excellent performance. Reliable, smart and two brilliantly taken goals. Linked up well and a constant threat. Maybe slowed down a bit in the second half but even then he still made himself available. Thrives under the high intense game. 8.5/10
      Lallana. Pressed and work very very hard throughout the whole game. Made a brilliant run from the centre circle which should have ended as a goal for us. Involved in many good attacks but he really has to start adding goals and assists to his game. 6/10

Subs

Allen - Was gagging for that equaliser and moved in on the ball with such conviction! Was reliable beforehand. 7/10
      Benteke - Got an assist so well done to him. Still needs to move more but there was one occasion where I felt sorry for him when Hendo should have passed into his path through the centre (Benteke had his arm stretched out) yet chose to pass out wide to the useless Ibe. 6/10
      Caulker - No time to get a rating but if his sub told us anything it was a tactical scream to the players to try it in the air more and take advantage of our height advantage which we did with Allen's goal.

Klopp. Perfect team selection, perfect game plan that didn't yield the three points he deserved because of silly individual mistakes and a lack of leadership or responsibility in some situations that obviously require it.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #770: Jan 13, 2016 10:34:53 pm
      Firstly, pleased with the point, more than I'd expected.

Secondly, it's been like a kindergarten in here tonight, I have a second degree burn on my leg, so really I can't be arsed trawling through here tonight.

Some of the quality of the posts have been very below what is accepted, frustrations aside, just think before you hit post.

Like the FA, things will be looked at in due course.

If you'd offered me a draw before the game I'd have snatched your hand off because I thought we were in for a beating tonight. However, to draw a match because of soft lad in goal again really is hard to take.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,432 posts | 6423 
      Reply #771: Jan 13, 2016 10:35:27 pm
      Just finished watching (had to watch the recording). What a finish!!!!

That being said, really was disappointed in the way a few of our players played tonight. Really felt like if we'd have had better performances from Moreno, Can and Ibe we might have been in control of this and won it going away.

Quick ratings:

Mignolet - 6, typically Simon for the most part
      Clyne - 7, pretty solid defensively, helped out in attack
      Sakho - 6, not great, not bad, just serviceable for me tonight, misplaced quite a few passes
      Toure - 7, really thought he was our best defender all things considered
      Moreno - 4, to me he has no defensive ability bar speeding back to catch someone because he's out of position. His shooting is getting almost as silly as Coutinho's. We need a better defender that doesn't put pressure on our CBs and Keeper because he's always out of position
      Milner - 6, nothing flashy, worked hard, didn't show much, maybe still feeling the injury?
      Henderson - 8, without him tonight I shudder to think how we'd have looked, just about everythign started with him
      Lallana - 5, made some good moves, ran his butt off, but in the end, I just am not seeing what's he's suited for in the team we have RIGHT NOW, that being said, I still think there's a good player in there that can play a huge role with the right supporting cast...maybe that cast won't ever be at LFC though?
      Can - 3, it's like his brain doesn't work fast enough for the speed of this league. He always seems to be making decisions two steps too slow, losing the ball when he shouldn't, putting his teammates under pressure and making unnecessary challenges after he's been dispossessed. I like his skill set but not sure about his footballing brain
      Ibe - 4, stop doing the same moves over and over...you've been found out. He needs to get more creative and he needs to also play quicker...had a couple of great moments but too many bad ones for me
      Firmino - 7, there's the player we thought we were getting, plus you can see how much it means to him, hopefully these goals will go a long way towards his confidence rising

Subs
      Caulker - just came to the club and played out of position...all things considered, he did ok
      Benteke - still not getting into good spots, too many times slow to react, but he had one hell of an assist!
      Allen - YES! Call me a liar but when he came on I thought to myself how poetic it would be if he were to play a part in pegging us back. Good for Joe, I'd much rather see him in midfield right now over Can.

Great way to keep pushing and get an equalizer, but really felt like this is a game we could have won had we played more disciplined.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #772: Jan 13, 2016 10:36:28 pm

Quote from Binomial
      simon mignolet you c**t

Quote from Binomial

f**k off liverpool

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial
      mignolet ;D

what a tool

Quote from Binomial

christ sakes man

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial
      are you joking sakho

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial
      ibe is terrible

Quote from Binomial
      clyne should be off

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial
      wtf firmino  why

Yes, he's clearly a bit of a n*b

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,064 posts | 547 
      Reply #773: Jan 13, 2016 10:36:31 pm
      Thank f**k for joe allen!

Would have been hard to take if we'd lost that. Completely pummelled them for the first half hour - unbelievable that they scored with their only 2 attacks. The second goal especially was shocking. We didnt give up though and put a hell of an effort in to get the draw.

Players of note -

Mig somewhat at fault on both goals, especially the second. I'd like to see us go for another goalie. He's not as bad as some think mignolet, but he's just got a few too many mistakes in him to be a top keeper. I'd keep him as a backup though.

Hendo was great, especially first half, as was motm firmino.

Can put in a heavy shift, but still needs to work on his english, especially the words "man" and "on".

Moreno has a great engine, and willingness to get up and down, but f**k does he need to work on his crossing. And defending.

Ibe needs to stop letting his man get set before he tries to beat him - knock it past him with your first touch Jordan! Interestingly he did play with more intent after Benteke came on.

Benteke looks low on confidence. Hanging back from getting in the box.

Pretty much everybody else was hit and miss, but they all put everything they had into it, and deserved at least the point.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,432 posts | 6423 
      Reply #774: Jan 13, 2016 10:40:51 pm

Moreno has a great engine, and willingness to get up and down, but f**k does he need to work on his crossing. And defending.

Isn't it an indictment of our team that a defender needs to work on his defending? And I agree with 100% on that.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #775: Jan 13, 2016 10:42:38 pm
      Just finished watching (had to watch the recording). What a finish!!!!

That being said, really was disappointed in the way a few of our players played tonight. Really felt like if we'd have had better performances from Moreno, Can and Ibe we might have been in control of this and won it going away.

Quick ratings:

Mignolet - 6, typically Simon for the most part
      Clyne - 7, pretty solid defensively, helped out in attack
      Sakho - 6, not great, not bad, just serviceable for me tonight, misplaced quite a few passes
      Toure - 7, really thought he was our best defender all things considered
      Moreno - 4, to me he has no defensive ability bar speeding back to catch someone because he's out of position. His shooting is getting almost as silly as Coutinho's. We need a better defender that doesn't put pressure on our CBs and Keeper because he's always out of position
      Milner - 6, nothing flashy, worked hard, didn't show much, maybe still feeling the injury?
      Henderson - 8, without him tonight I shudder to think how we'd have looked, just about everythign started with him
      Lallana - 5, made some good moves, ran his butt off, but in the end, I just am not seeing what's he's suited for in the team we have RIGHT NOW, that being said, I still think there's a good player in there that can play a huge role with the right supporting cast...maybe that cast won't ever be at LFC though?
      Can - 3, it's like his brain doesn't work fast enough for the speed of this league. He always seems to be making decisions two steps too slow, losing the ball when he shouldn't, putting his teammates under pressure and making unnecessary challenges after he's been dispossessed. I like his skill set but not sure about his footballing brain
      Ibe - 4, stop doing the same moves over and over...you've been found out. He needs to get more creative and he needs to also play quicker...had a couple of great moments but too many bad ones for me
      Firmino - 7, there's the player we thought we were getting, plus you can see how much it means to him, hopefully these goals will go a long way towards his confidence rising

Subs
      Caulker - just came to the club and played out of position...all things considered, he did ok
      Benteke - still not getting into good spots, too many times slow to react, but he had one hell of an assist!
      Allen - YES! Call me a liar but when he came on I thought to myself how poetic it would be if he were to play a part in pegging us back. Good for Joe, I'd much rather see him in midfield right now over Can.

Great way to keep pushing and get an equalizer, but really felt like this is a game we could have won had we played more disciplined.

I think you are a bit too harsh on Can, he was excellent in the first half, although he did go off the boil in the second but still 3 is a bit harsh.

Moreno as well, he didn't do much wrong other than missing the volley and failing with a few crosses but he was getting closed down really fast on most of them.

And if Can was a 3 Mignolet should surely be .5

I think you got the rest bang on.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,432 posts | 6423 
      Reply #776: Jan 13, 2016 10:44:44 pm
      I think you are a bit too harsh on Can, he was excellent in the first half, although he did go off the boil in the second but still 3 is a bit harsh.

Moreno as well, he didn't do much wrong other than missing the volley and failing with a few crosses but he was getting closed down really fast on most of them.

And if Can was a 3 Mignolet should surely be .5

I think you got the rest bang on.

I disagree on Can being good in the first half...I think he was covered up by Henderson and didn't seem as bad as he was. Moreno, I just don't get what his purpose is. Is he an attacker or a defender, because honestly, he's not very good at either.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #777: Jan 13, 2016 10:45:09 pm

Quote from Binomial
      simon mignolet you c**t

Quote from Binomial

f**k off liverpool

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial
      mignolet ;D

what a tool

Quote from Binomial

christ sakes man

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial
      are you joking sakho

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial
      ibe is terrible

Quote from Binomial
      clyne should be off

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial
      wtf firmino  why

F***ing hell did you have to? As if we haven't had enough of him ;)

Nice to see you back posting bud.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #778: Jan 13, 2016 10:46:33 pm
      Firmino   MOTM

Can ... again a good performance

and a bunch of dafs for Pirlo .
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #779: Jan 13, 2016 10:48:17 pm

Quote from Binomial
      simon mignolet you c**t

Quote from Binomial

f**k off liverpool

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial
      mignolet ;D

what a tool

Quote from Binomial

christ sakes man

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial
      are you joking sakho

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial
      ibe is terrible

Quote from Binomial
      clyne should be off

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial

Quote from Binomial
      wtf firmino  why

What a complete turd bucket.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #780: Jan 13, 2016 10:51:30 pm
      Watched the game in Wokingham surrouded by gooners ,  thought we were good to watch tonight , fans were up for it so were the players , thought some of the comments on here a bit harsh , Klopp will gef it right I have no doubt  , Damn shame Migs is costing us time and time again oh for a top keeper .
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,054 posts | 342 
      Reply #781: Jan 13, 2016 10:53:40 pm
      Feeling positive tonight!
      The character's back.
      Hendo is back and was terrific.
      The Anfield noise came back for much of 2nd half.
      Everyone was brilliant at times, most were also sloppy at times.
      Not going to jump on Mignolet, he didn't cost us those goals any more than shoddy, careless midfield passing and defending. He played well in general, but is exposed too often.
      Thought we were naive again at times, need to get shape and control the game better, can't boom forward for 90mins and expect to keep clean sheets. Fun though!  Great game.  Lovely warm feeling is back in my gut about us!  Hope it lasts! Bring on the Mancfester dullards.

Quick Reply