Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      1 (0.9%)
      Flanagan
      2 (1.8%)
      Ilori
      5 (4.5%)
      Lucas (C)
      72 (64.3%)
      Smith
      3 (2.7%)
      Stewart
      6 (5.4%)
      Chirivella (Pedro)
      4 (3.6%)
      Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Coutinho
      6 (5.4%)
      Teixeira
      0 (0%)
      Benteke
      6 (5.4%)
      Sturridge
      7 (6.3%)
      Origi
      0 (0%)
      Milner
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Feb 10, 2016 10:27:31 pm

West Ham 2:1 Liverpool (AET): In Game & Post Game Discussions

Read 38823 times
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Re: Live: West Ham V Liverpool
      Reply #1035: Feb 09, 2016 10:33:12 pm
      I didn't vote for Benteke as man of the match, firstly.

Secondly, thought he was decent today. He has to score at least one of his chances, but his link up play and dribbling were both very good tonight I thought. Looks much better when there are players around him.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1036: Feb 09, 2016 10:33:20 pm
      F***ing gutted!

Fuuuckk!

Lucas really does not learn does he
      Kopite78
      Reply #1037: Feb 09, 2016 10:33:32 pm
      Because he took Coutinho and Tex off and left Ibe and Benteke on while Milner sat on the bench. This loss is fully on Klopp.

Is it bollocks

Coutinho has just come back from a hamstring injury, Tex did fairly well but was flagging, Benteke, a 32m striker had chance after chance after chance, was getting in the positions.. You'd expect a 32m striker to take one of those, I'm sorry but you would. Even after Coutinho and Texiera went off he had chances. To expect him to constantly miss them isn't the managers fault.

Klopp has been far from perfect in his time here but the loss fully on Klopp? Read what you write, think about what you say rather than try to make outlandish statements to justify your apparent view

Football is about fine margins. Benteke take two of the chances he has tonight and confidence begins to come back in him perhaps..

It's too simple with hindsight to say he should have left a couple of players on when at the time it looked valid, one back from injury and one inexperienced kid who the game was passing by
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #1038: Feb 09, 2016 10:33:42 pm
      3 now and we are supposed to be smart fans that was the worst no9 performance I can remember

3 wind ups. I see it that way.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1039: Feb 09, 2016 10:33:45 pm
      3 now and we are supposed to be smart fans that was the worst no9 performance I can remember

They are clearly trolls mate.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1040: Feb 09, 2016 10:34:16 pm
      Some f**king right dickheads on here tonight. I know emotions always run high after a loss, especially one in the dying minutes of a match this like one but f**k me - some of the sh*te being posted.

It's wasn't a stupid foul by Lucas, because it wasn't a f**king foul. He didn't f**king touch the pr**k. But that dozy c**t ref was blowing up all night every f**king time we went near one of them. All f**king game.

And why did Klopp make the changes he did. Well because Coutinho is recently back from a long lay off, there was no way he was gonna play more than an hour. And Teixeira didn't have any impact at all during the second half. I'm also gonna take a guess that it was always Jürgen's intention to bring off either Stewart or Chirivella during the game. Their fitness was likely to always be the worst of the side due to their lack of playing time.

But I'm not gonna go into the game too much right now, too liable to f**king blow me lid at some pr**k. And too pissed off to go into it in any great detail.

Absolutely spot on this.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1041: Feb 09, 2016 10:34:33 pm
      We couldn't defend set pieces to save our lives.

Sometimes someone will just put in a belting delivery and someone will head it in brilliantly. That's what happened tonight. Not every goal has to be someone's fault. It can just be down to them doing some good things.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1042: Feb 09, 2016 10:34:34 pm
      That ref wasn't a homer.

He was letting all sorts go. He was just plain bad not biased.

Lucas does those kinds of fouls all the time. The lad dives but Lucas has a long, storied history of giving away dangerous freekicks.

Still, Benteke is worse than a bout of food poisoning. Can't wait till he is gone, albeit a  hilariously massive Liverpool loss.

When I've seen him officiate our games before, he's always done okay. One of the more consistent refs but he had a bit of a howler tonight.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #1043: Feb 09, 2016 10:34:47 pm
      F***ing gutted!

Fuuuckk!

Lucas really does not learn does he

so you disagree with with Jürgen it wasn't a free kick
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1044: Feb 09, 2016 10:34:47 pm
      That ref wasn't a homer.

He was letting all sorts go. He was just plain bad not biased.

Lucas does those kinds of fouls all the time. The lad dives but Lucas has a long, storied history of giving away dangerous freekicks.

Still, Benteke is worse than a bout of food poisoning. Can't wait till he is gone, albeit a  hilariously massive Liverpool loss.

Nah mate Roger East is w*nk.

One of the worst in the league
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1045: Feb 09, 2016 10:35:28 pm
      so you disagree with with Jürgen it wasn't a free kick

On the replay it looked very soft.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1046: Feb 09, 2016 10:35:47 pm
      Benteke has now missed 4 or 5 easy one-on-ones for us this season, scored 0 (I'm guessing on the latter). For £32.5m that just isn't good enough.

Wouldn't be good enough at Sunday league level.

Seriously, I play footy with young lads who would bury every chance big Ben had. He has no composure. No, that's not right. When he doesn't have to think what to do, he looks half decent. Trouble is basically he doesn't have a football brain. He's a plank!

Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #1047: Feb 09, 2016 10:36:12 pm
      Now that I have calmed down, I think the result is due to the boss, much as love the bones of him. He should have left either Tex or Coutinho on and taken Bentarsehole off. If the team the players stay fit we are going to go on a long run of wins.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1048: Feb 09, 2016 10:36:21 pm
      while Milner sat on the bench. This loss is fully on Klopp.

Not the 3 players surrounding Ogbonna that got beaten in the air so easily (one of which was your precious Milner)? You are exactly what is wrong with a section of our "supporters", you are too narrow minded and instantly trying to have an agenda. Pathetic.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #1049: Feb 09, 2016 10:36:40 pm
      oh by the way I f***in hate BT Sport  I am in danger of putting my boot through the screen listening to the crap they come out with
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1050: Feb 09, 2016 10:37:02 pm
      Is it bollocks

Coutinho has just come back from a hamstring injury, Tex did fairly well but was flagging, Benteke, a 32m striker had chance after chance after chance, was getting in the positions.. You'd expect a 32m striker to take one of those, I'm sorry but you would. Even after Coutinho and Texiera went off he had chances. To expect him to constantly miss them isn't the managers fault.

Klopp has been far from perfect in his time here but the loss fully on Klopp? Read what you write, think about what you say rather than try to make outlandish statements to justify your apparent view

Football is about fine margins. Benteke take two of the chances he has tonight and confidence begins to come back in him perhaps..
      I get it about Coutinho, you are right and not the first to point it out. Benteke and Ibe both stayed on way to long and there is no getting around that.
      DanMann

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #1051: Feb 09, 2016 10:37:12 pm

Benteke: Missing 9 chances including 1v1 and volleys unmarked in the box is just not good enough, people will blame Lucas and the truth is that we should have been out of sight before that even became an issue. The game should have been over in the 90 and there's one reason, this lad simply isn't clinical enough. 5/10

As if you were counting.  ;D

Did you count other misses too?

Some of our fans are truly embarrassing. They desperately want players to perform badly so they can continue their petty hate. You're happy tonight. Most of us are devastated.

Blame game is truly on.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1052: Feb 09, 2016 10:37:22 pm
      Not the 3 players surrounding Ogbonna that got beaten in the air so easily? You are exactly what is wrong with a section of our "supporters", you are too narrow minded and instantly trying to have an agenda. Pathetic.

It was a great delivery and a great header. Very harsh to blame someone for that goal. The first one was a much worse goal to concede.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1053: Feb 09, 2016 10:37:53 pm
      The thing is do you blame Benteke? when will Klopp get them blame? Who put Benteke on the team sheet today?

He played Sturridge, Origi and Coutinho too....

Firmino needs a rest somewhere, do you not realise that you have to rotate some when you have played more games than any other team in Europe?! Come on Riba somethings he deserves criticism but not this lad, jesus christ.
      pipski87
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #1054: Feb 09, 2016 10:38:03 pm
      Well again im stunned !!
      played well but not enough....scoring is the key i feel  :f_tongueincheek:
      Benteke its just showing himself up now....so embarrassing.
      Its always that 1 mistake that costs us everytime and can... to be honest come from anyone.
      But as per normal i will dust off and continue to watch the next match with the same will we wont we attitude.
      Big changes come the summer are afoot ...got to be. :f_wah:
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1055: Feb 09, 2016 10:38:04 pm
      I get it about Coutinho, you are right and not the first to point it out. Benteke and Ibe both stayed on way to long and there is no getting around that.

He only has a limited number of substitutions.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1056: Feb 09, 2016 10:38:11 pm
      I'd be delighted if the Chavs took Benteke off our hands this Summer for £25m. He's like Andy Carroll in that he's not a Liverpool type player.
      kevonio
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts | 31 
      Reply #1057: Feb 09, 2016 10:38:47 pm
      Because he took Coutinho and Tex off and left Ibe and Benteke on while Milner sat on the bench. This loss is fully on Klopp.
      so its not migs fault this time? f**kin hell make your mind up!

Quick Reply