Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      8 (12.3%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      4 (6.2%)
      Kolo Toure
      13 (20%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      8 (12.3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      8 (12.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (3.1%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1.5%)
      James Milner
      3 (4.6%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      7 (10.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      8 (12.3%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      3 (4.6%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: Feb 23, 2016 10:04:21 pm

FC Augsburg 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post match debate

Read 26377 times
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Re: FC Augsburg 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post match debate
      Reply #414: Feb 19, 2016 04:39:59 pm
      We made it difficult for ourselves in midfield last night..
      Too many stray or mis-timed passes from the likes of Can, Millner, Coutinho and Henderson and we didn't get the ball in to Sturridge's feet quick enough..
      Sturridge can only hurt you if he has the ball.. and he didn't get it enough last night..

They crowded us out in that midfield area and they were typical on the counter as all teams in Europe are.. which is what we need to be very aware of next week. How many times over the years have we seen it, just when we thought we were cruising to a victory they break away and slot one in to knock us out..

Sharpen up the supply lines between midfield and the Front line and we'll be okay....

Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #415: Feb 19, 2016 05:56:12 pm
      sakho clear motm for me.

emre did ok. toure did ok but should have scored.

rest should be benched for the kids (hendo and milner should be demoted) 250k a week for those 2, are you having a laugh
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #416: Feb 19, 2016 06:00:42 pm
      sakho clear motm for me.

emre did ok. toure did ok but should have scored.

rest should be benched for the kids (hendo and milner should be demoted) 250k a week for those 2, are you having a laugh

Can was atrocious last night.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #417: Feb 19, 2016 07:23:38 pm

I think Can is a reflection of our form as a club one minute brilliant then nothing he just goes AWOL.  I wonder if he is in Jürgen's plans I don't think he is mobile enough.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #418: Feb 19, 2016 07:48:16 pm
      I don't think that form is a good guide because this team is the most difficult to work out . Lets hope we turn up and all will be good but if we don't we will struggle

That's a great point, mate. We've been very schizo this year, so we could very well storm them 5-0!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #419: Feb 19, 2016 08:37:04 pm
      That's a great point, mate. We've been very schizo this year, so we could very well storm them 5-0!

we are like a bus with no driver at times a boat without a rudder etc what we need is what we have lost and that is a 25 year old
      Steven Gerrard.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #420: Feb 19, 2016 09:00:06 pm
      we are like a bus with no driver at times a boat without a rudder etc what we need is what we have lost and that is a 25 year old
      Steven Gerrard.
      I'd  be happy with a 35 yr old Steven Gerrard right now Walton .

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,875 posts | 704 
      Reply #421: Feb 19, 2016 11:49:43 pm
      We've just gone to play a European game in Germany, come home with a result and a clean sheet. That's what we went there for, which gives us a great chance to finish the job at home. Then I login here and see post after negative post about it. Makes me wonder what Rapid Vienna fans feel after their own trip?

The performance is not important. Get the job done at home, and we can forget about how the performance was. The result is everything.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #422: Feb 19, 2016 11:55:41 pm

No, we went there for a win. We didn't get the win so therefore it's not good enough. Clean sheet? Yes, Away Goal? No.

We went there with a strong line up to get the win, to make sure we had it easier in the 2nd leg that is just 3 days before a Cup Final but we didn't manage it. City will be loving that.

Also, coming away with a 0-0 draw is a good result, if you are playing a giant of European football like Barca, or Bayern Munich, not FC Augsburg.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #423: Feb 20, 2016 05:01:02 am

No, we went there for a win. We didn't get the win so therefore it's not good enough. Clean sheet? Yes, Away Goal? No.

We went there with a strong line up to get the win, to make sure we had it easier in the 2nd leg that is just 3 days before a Cup Final but we didn't manage it. City will be loving that.

Also, coming away with a 0-0 draw is a good result, if you are playing a giant of European football like Barca, or Bayern Munich, not FC Augsburg.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,371 posts | 1538 
      Reply #424: Feb 20, 2016 03:00:38 pm
      Didn't know where to go with this, but stuck it in here as this was our last game.

sh*t, doesn't life get boring when we aint got a game !!!!!    :'(

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #425: Feb 20, 2016 03:54:15 pm
      Made a goal saving tackle with 59.55 on the clock
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #426: Feb 20, 2016 03:58:44 pm
      I think Can is a reflection of our form as a club one minute brilliant then nothing he just goes AWOL.  I wonder if he is in Jürgen's plans I don't think he is mobile enough.

You can say he gives away the ball at times, or his passing and tackling could be better, or his finishing for that matter, But the one thing that you can't accuse him of not being is mobile
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #427: Feb 20, 2016 04:02:50 pm
      We've just gone to play a European game in Germany, come home with a result and a clean sheet. That's what we went there for, which gives us a great chance to finish the job at home. Then I login here and see post after negative post about it. Makes me wonder what Rapid Vienna fans feel after their own trip?

The performance is not important. Get the job done at home, and we can forget about how the performance was. The result is everything.

Maybe if it was after the Sunderland game most here would deem it a fair result. But after the 6-0 drubbing of Villa most here expected, No... Wanted more
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,875 posts | 704 
      Reply #428: Feb 20, 2016 07:51:09 pm
      We went there for a result. The first priority in any European first leg away, regardless of opposition, is to get a result. Second priority is to get a clean sheet. We got both. We've won 1 game in 7, and Augsburg are a fair step up from Aston Villa.

We've 3 hours to win the tie, it doesn't necessarily have to be done away from home. We'll deal with City when the time comes, they have enough games to deal with before trying to laugh at us drawing an away game in Europe.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #429: Feb 20, 2016 07:57:06 pm
      We went there for a result. The first priority in any European first leg away, regardless of opposition, is to get a result. Second priority is to get a clean sheet. We got both. We've won 1 game in 7, and Augsburg are a fair step up from Aston Villa.

We've 3 hours to win the tie, it doesn't necessarily have to be done away from home. We'll deal with City when the time comes, they have enough games to deal with before trying to laugh at us drawing an away game in Europe.

Sorry mate a "Result" (in my eyes) is a win, at very least a away goal... 1-1 would have been a result... 1-1 at Anfield and we are out.... Now we have to win any sought of draw is simple not good enough
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #430: Feb 20, 2016 08:22:01 pm
      Says a lot about us these days when 0-0 against Augsburg is seen as a "good result".
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,875 posts | 704 
      Reply #431: Feb 20, 2016 08:38:19 pm
      Quote from The Real Donavan Ried
      Sorry mate a "Result" (in my eyes) is a win, at very least a away goal... 1-1 would have been a result... 1-1 at Anfield and we are out.... Now we have to win any sought of draw is simple not good enough

I'm aware of the permutations thanks. They're the same permutations as playing Barcelona and Porto at home in 2001, Chelsea in 2005 and Prague in 2011. Didn't hurt us too much then. I'm confident Augsburg will soon be added to that list.

By contrast, we won an away leg of the League Cup semi-final, and only just about made it in the end. We win two leg games after 3 hours, not just away from home.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 680 posts | 89 
      Reply #432: Feb 21, 2016 12:44:45 am
      Thank goodness we're not playing Carlisle United then.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #433: Feb 21, 2016 01:27:41 pm
      I'm aware of the permutations thanks. They're the same permutations as playing Barcelona and Porto at home in 2001, Chelsea in 2005 and Prague in 2011. Didn't hurt us too much then. I'm confident Augsburg will soon be added to that list.

By contrast, we won an away leg of the League Cup semi-final, and only just about made it in the end. We win two leg games after 3 hours, not just away from home.

Then you are all so aware that our record against "Big Clubs" are far superior vs "Smaller Clubs" whom we seen to struggle against as we did Augsburg

Remind me which giant of a club knock us out for the FA Cup this season?? Yes... West Ham, a club that has been yo-yo-ing between the Premier League and the Championship for many a season. Or the League Cup final against Cardiff were we needed Penalties to secure the victory (If you can call it that)... Sunderland the other week coming back from being two goals down. Had it been a Europa league second leg we would have loss.... So you can excuse me if I am not filled with confidence at the thought of FC Augsburg at home; with no goal advantage, and every goal they score being worth two....   
      « Last Edit: Feb 21, 2016 01:44:27 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,875 posts | 704 
      Reply #434: Feb 27, 2016 03:36:08 pm
      Panic? What panic?

4 Minutes, Job Done.

Next.

Quick Reply