Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Pre Match Liverpool v Man Utd 1st leg Europa League Thurs 10th March ko 8.05pm

Read 12770 times
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Re: Pre Match Liverpool v Man Utd 1st leg Europa League Thurs 10th March ko 8.05pm
      Reply #115: Mar 10, 2016 01:22:31 pm
      Sturridge will tear their centre halves a new one tonight

Frustrating I cant be there tonight (cant even see the game as working in the states)

Come on you red men - lets t**t these mancs
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Re: Pre Match Liverpool v Man Utd 1st leg Europa League Thurs 10th March ko 8.05pm
      Reply #116: Mar 10, 2016 01:27:41 pm
      Lets smash these cu*ts and remind them of their identity ! I hope it's absolutely electric at Anfield tonight !
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #117: Mar 10, 2016 02:02:34 pm
      In an ideal world it'd be Allen for Hendo and Lallana for Milner (with Coutinho and Firmino behind Sturridge). I expect Hendo to start though and Lallana to be Milner's replacement on the right in a 4-2-3-1.
      Good idea with Allen but the lad hasnt played for a while. But if hes to start then I´d consider Hendo, as hes the first name on the team-sheet for some reason, to play as an inside right forward. Their left fullback will be poor no matter who starts there so just try and get behind them nad cross it into the mix!

I would also use Origi as our "Welbeck" - his strenght, pace and direct approach was always really handy against us. Utd backline is f**king weak physically apart from Smalling. Coutinho has been disappointing post injury and his head not really in it so hes on the bench for me.

Klopp might also think about Toure in place of Moreno to make our back-line a bit more solid and stronger aerially. All in all a good few options for Jürgen in every department even though you feel no major changes to previous matches are made. JK said no to gung-ho style so I altered his my lineup accordingly.

Bench: Ward, Skrtel, Moreno, Coutinho, Ibe, Sturridge, Benteke.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,179 posts | 528 
      Reply #118: Mar 10, 2016 02:04:41 pm
      Can't wait for this game. We really do owe these Muppets. Cant see them scoring tonight, but see at least 2 for us.

The ground should be buzzing, and anyone who is going is a lucky person.

COYR.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 970 
      Reply #119: Mar 10, 2016 02:08:47 pm
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #120: Mar 10, 2016 02:15:53 pm
      Come on Liverpool Come on Liverpool Come on Liverpool Come on Liverpool Come on Liverpool Come on Liverpool Come on Liverpool

I'm excited about this game, I always believe that gameplans are thrown away in these types of games. I just hope that we want to win this much more than them.

I won't watch the game :(
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #121: Mar 10, 2016 02:15:58 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #122: Mar 10, 2016 02:25:20 pm
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #123: Mar 10, 2016 02:25:23 pm
      Not sure how to do twitter but this is funny (well not really really funny but funny)  :D

https://twitter.com/SportsJOEdotie/status/707889217737781248?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #124: Mar 10, 2016 02:38:47 pm
                                          Migs

Clyne                      Sakho  Lovren                               Moreno

Can        Henderson

Lallana                           Firmino                                   Coutinho

Sturridge
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #125: Mar 10, 2016 02:44:56 pm
      Mixture of excitement and dread for me. Not sure if I will watch it or just cower under the bed for a couple of hours.

Totally confidant that we can win well tonight, not quite so sure we won't lose. Genuinely feel we are missing a Gerrard, a Souness or a Dalglish in the team, someone we can all look to who gives us the confidence and total belief that we WILL win. Someone that when the players look round the dressing room their eyes rest on him and think with him we can't lose.

Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #126: Mar 10, 2016 02:46:16 pm
      bad boy I think another "captain obvious" pic is appropriate here  :laugh: Thats the lineup everybody expect. Do you think Klopp is going to make it so predictable for LVG? I hope not! My money is on Origi surprising a few  ;)
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #127: Mar 10, 2016 02:51:52 pm
      Mixture of excitement and dread for me. Not sure if I will watch it or just cower under the bed for a couple of hours.

Totally confidant that we can win well tonight, not quite so sure we won't lose. Genuinely feel we are missing a Gerrard, a Souness or a Dalglish in the team, someone we can all look to who gives us the confidence and total belief that we WILL win. Someone that when the players look round the dressing room their eyes rest on him and think with him we can't lose.
      Good point, we lack a winner for all costs character at the moment, the closest leading us to war would be Lucas but hes out. Still believe its a Hendo time and he steps it up tonight. Come on redmen!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #128: Mar 10, 2016 02:55:59 pm
      bad boy I think another "captain obvious" pic is appropriate here   Thats the lineup everybody expect.
      Jürgen, I'm sure, will pick what he sees as the best team available to him Lio. I happen to believe that that team is the best he has.

The same players can be told to play many different ways. The same players can also perform  at different levels. I personally believe that if we can get their centre-backs turned and facing their own goal... we will eat and sh*t them.

In my line up; the key, for me is what Clyne, Moreno, Lallana, Coutinho do when they get the ball. Go on the outside and we will destroy them; cut in or back and we'll find it hard.

They're pish everywhere but through the centre defending the ball in front of them. Turn the hoors.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #129: Mar 10, 2016 03:04:05 pm
                                          Migs

Can        Henderson

Lallana                           Firmino                                   Coutinho

Sturridge

I like it.

Go for the throat.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,279 posts | 802 
      Reply #130: Mar 10, 2016 03:25:37 pm
                                          Migs

Can        Henderson

Sturridge

I'll have some of that too.

Hope your recovery is going well bbb. And good to see you back on the forum.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #131: Mar 10, 2016 03:42:48 pm
      Kill this tie tonight - as I am at a wedding paddys day and I will miss the 2nd leg!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,983 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #132: Mar 10, 2016 04:02:36 pm
                                          Migs

Can        Henderson

Sturridge

That's my pick to Mouse,  like you I can see us totally dominant, Jürgen will of course done his homework and thought of how to get through these fuckers,

I'm confident we'll do these kunt's 3_1, don't care who scores, just f***in win!

YNWA
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #133: Mar 10, 2016 04:12:26 pm
      On form, think we should win this. But the form book kinda goes out the window when we play Utd, certainly recently. Thought we should've won more of the recent games against them too, they have been so bog ordinary, yet still somehow manage to win games they should have been dead and buried in. If we are clinical with our chances, we should win. If we're not, and DeGea has a good night, could be frustrating.

Still, we shat on one of our bogey teams last weekend, so no reason why we can't dump on another one.

Not only do we need to progress in this competition, but we OWE these fuckers. Bigtime. Giving it to Pardew felt soo good, I want more :) Absolutely no doubt we have the tools to beat them, we just need to go out and do it. High tempo, from the start. Get at them from second one.

Over two legs, you have to hope the better side will come out on top :) CMON BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 970 
      Reply #134: Mar 10, 2016 04:41:02 pm

Sorry mate, was just bustin your balls a bit. Didn't mean anything by it....  ;)
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #135: Mar 10, 2016 04:49:36 pm
      Must start with high tempo and don't let them settle, put them to the sword!!!  ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #136: Mar 10, 2016 05:12:12 pm
      Toughen up, it was funny.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #137: Mar 10, 2016 05:18:48 pm
      just bustin your balls a bit. Didn't mean anything by it....  ;)

Quick Reply