Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your Liverpool MOTM?

Mignolet
      (0.6%)
      Clyne
      (0.6%)
      Sakho
      (64%)
      Lovren
      (1.1%)
      Milner
      (0.6%)
      Lallana
      (0.6%)
      Henderson
      (0.6%)
      Can
      (7.4%)
      Firmino
      (0.6%)
      Coutinho
      (23.4%)
      Sturridge
      (0%)
      Origi
      (0%)
      Allen
      (0%)
      Benteke
      (0.6%)

Man Utd 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match celebration

Read 47783 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Live: Man Utd v Liverpool
      Reply #23: Mar 17, 2016 07:12:26 pm
      That one full back position, whether right or left (depends where Clyne plays) will be worrying, gonna need a lot of cover there :(

Clyne is playing left tonight.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #24: Mar 17, 2016 07:13:31 pm
      That one full back position, whether right or left (depends where Clyne plays) will be worrying, gonna need a lot of cover there :(

Why Clyne?? He was phenomenal last Thursday and I'm sure he is equally capable of doing the work at LB
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #25: Mar 17, 2016 07:13:41 pm
      Good attacking team, shows no fear from the boss.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #26: Mar 17, 2016 07:13:46 pm
      Yeah, I post there too, but they don't have the high quality sense of humour that you guys in the S bend have - ;D!

I'll stop now, don't want to wind you up to much, but I do lopve these games - how boring would life be without this rivalry??

Ignore that mate, you're welcome here as long as you're decent and respectful towards the members here. If you are then we'll be the same with you, too - or the majority, anyway.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #27: Mar 17, 2016 07:14:56 pm
      Would any self respecting red on here by a half halfy with them on it , personally no .

Wouldn't buy bog roll with that sh*t on it !!
      Manc and Proud
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #28: Mar 17, 2016 07:15:21 pm
      Ignore that mate, you're welcome here as long as you're decent and respectful towards the members here. If you are then we'll be the same with you, too - or the majority, anyway.

Thanks, I appreciate that - let's hope for a good match.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #29: Mar 17, 2016 07:17:12 pm
      Thanks, I appreciate that - let's hope for a good match.

So you're sitting at the away end today, I've done that at Everton twice, it was tricky lets put it that way.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #30: Mar 17, 2016 07:18:38 pm
      Utd have Mata, Carrick and Elbows in midfield, if we don't batter these.............
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #31: Mar 17, 2016 07:21:33 pm
      Why Clyne?? He was phenomenal last Thursday and I'm sure he is equally capable of doing the work at LB

The one where Clyne will not be playing :p
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #32: Mar 17, 2016 07:21:38 pm
      After last weeks performance I can't see anything than an LFC victory tonight, Having said that I predicted both games before the first leg was played and have actually predicted 1-1 on the night !
      COYR! YNWA!
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #33: Mar 17, 2016 07:22:05 pm
      So, I was searching for a stream for the past 10 minutes panicking out of my mind, and then realized the day light savings time change ended up here on the weekend. We have turned the clocks back an hour :mad:

Anyways, rather tune in early than late. Lets go Liverpool ! Time to progress to the next round and also win the 4 legged rivalry on goal difference.  :laugh:

I sense them losing grip at the back trying to attack us too hard. early counter attack is in order !
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #34: Mar 17, 2016 07:23:00 pm
      So, I was searching for a stream for the past 10 minutes panicking out of my mind, and then realized the day light savings time change ended up here on the weekend. We have turned the clocks back an hour :mad:

Anyways, rather tune in early than late. Lets go Liverpool ! Time to progress to the next round and also win the 4 legged rivalry on goal difference.  :laugh:

I sense them losing grip at the back trying to attack us too hard. early counter attack is in order !

;D panic stations. I can imagine it.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #35: Mar 17, 2016 07:25:19 pm

Had to re read that, I thought you were referring to the scum as dogs, not that I'd disagree with you if you had done !
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36: Mar 17, 2016 07:37:28 pm
      Utd have Mata, Carrick and Elbows in midfield, if we don't batter these.............

Damn, if only we had a pacey ball carrier in the middle, would absolutely tear them to shreds.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #37: Mar 17, 2016 07:43:03 pm
      May be we are going to start with 3 at the back, like a 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 to cut out their midfield service to their forwards. Wouldn't be the first time.
      Reasonably confident we'll progress, but like to see what frame of mind we turn up in.
      Should be no excuses, no player could not be motivated for this, just keep concentration and don't go gung ho and I'm sure we'll pull it off.
      And remember the team ethic and get the ball in the onion bag even if you do have to pass to s team mate.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #38: Mar 17, 2016 07:44:12 pm
      If them scummy tw*ts hadn't got the KO time changed we'd be through by now  :f_steam:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #39: Mar 17, 2016 07:46:11 pm
      Who's in the BT studio for this one? I hope it's not those two tits from last week, cba listening to them cry again.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #40: Mar 17, 2016 07:46:45 pm
      Absolutely f***in buzzzzzinnn, so looking forward to us killing off their season, loving the lineup Think we will play with a confident swagger(I hope  ;D), I can't see us not scoring tbh, even in league games we more often than not we bag one or two,

Goes without saying first goal is vital, we get it  their fu**ed, if they get it it's going to be a twitchy game, still think we will have too much for them to handle for the whole 90, so we just need to keep our cool , quicker we get 'that' goal, the easier it will be for us,

C'Mon Redmen, tear these kunts to shreds, I want to see that sour purple faced KUNT squirm in his seat as he witnesses the fall from the perch !!

1-2 Mighty Reds

YNWA
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #41: Mar 17, 2016 07:48:07 pm
      Going to make a comparison between Klopp and BR !  :) Shock, horror.  There were times before matches when I was thinking BR might err a little on the side of caution, maybe play one more defensive minded guy than an attack minded one (in the good season!). But most times, he just stuck out pretty much the most attacking side.  And for the game tonight, reckon Klopp could err more towards caution, and say play Allen instead of Lallana, but he's going full on again with only one enforced change, and even that is a mid for a full back!
      Always like that approach. I haven't done psychology, but if I'm a player that tells me a lot about the managers thinking, as much if not more than what he might be saying. We're not here to try to contain these guys, or worry about what their players can do, nope - we're not bending the knee, we're here to play our football, with what the manager believes is his best attacking options, the players go out with a really positive frame of mind, and that can only be a good thing.

Hard to predict this one. Utd are under a lot of pressure to at least perform. Would expect the fans to get behind them. But still reckon if we play our ball, we win. If we show up with one of our more inconsistent performances, would still expect us to have enough to progess to the next round.   But anyway, if we show up at all, we at least don't loose.

2-1 to us ! :) CMON BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #42: Mar 17, 2016 07:51:20 pm
      Is that Milner at RB? That's definitely going to be where United try to target us.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #43: Mar 17, 2016 07:52:35 pm
      Scholes looking his delightful self as per.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #44: Mar 17, 2016 07:57:31 pm
      come on you reds, lets thrash those scum. ynwa
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!