Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

2016 Summer Tour

Read 9114 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: 2016 Summer Tour
      Reply #23: Mar 23, 2016 05:35:25 am
      Just in! FIFA have renamed the tournament " The competition of some teams from Europe" to stop Fed getting upset!  ;)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #24: Mar 23, 2016 08:39:37 pm
      It's funny really that we'll be going to that tournament and I've just read that the munts are going to China.

Somebody's out of favour.

Whats with the USA love in?

Surely we should be doing what the Scum are doing .... hate to say .... but getting into China / Russia / Africa as front runners instead of playing in an out of season tournament against some strong teams who ....with our squad .....we may lose against.

Even just three dates in a new region would increase our uniqueness presence and awareness.

Then get back with the new lads into early pre season.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #25: Mar 23, 2016 11:16:02 pm
      My comment wasn't really a USA love in mate, more a wiggly finger poke at the munts not getting invited to play around with the other boys.

As regards them going to China, they already have a large following there but I'd imagine a large swathe of them have given up on them what with them being sh*t and that and that trip is about trying to get them back onside whereas our following is probably steady even though we're inconsistent.

They've gone from regular winners to f**k all and the fair weather fans can't be doing with that sh*t.

All agreed about the Scum.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #26: Mar 27, 2016 02:19:19 pm

Liverpool will split their squad during their preseason tour of the United States if they need to play in a Europa League qualifier in July, Jürgen Klopp has said.

Klopp's squad will spend late July in California while playing in the preseason International Champions Cup, and the manager told the Liverpool Echo he had planned for the possibility of European fixtures at the same time.

It was announced on Wednesday that his side will face Chelsea in Pasadena on July 27 and AC Milan in Santa Clara on July 30, but a Europa League qualifier could clash, with the first leg scheduled on July 28 and the second leg on Aug. 4.

The team finishing fifth in the Premier League will go straight into the Europa League group phase, but those in sixth and seventh could also get into the competition.

If one of Manchester City (who won the League Cup) or West Ham/Manchester United (still in the FA Cup) finish in the top five as well as winning a cup, then sixth will be in the Europa League.

If both City and West Ham/Manchester United are top five after winning the domestic cups, then sixth will be in the Europa League group stage and seventh the third qualifying round.

Liverpool are ninth in the league, three points behind seventh-placed Southampton with two games in hand. If they are involved in the European qualifier, Liverpool will retain half of their squad in California to face Chelsea and send a team back to play in Europe before rejoining the tour.

"I am really happy with the plan," Klopp said. "It's complicated of course, because we don't know yet about Europe and whether there are any qualifiers, but in the end we had to make a decision. And the decision is that if we are in these qualifiers then we will have to fly back from the USA.

"It's a long flight but we can't change this. If we have to fly back -- no problem."

Klopp added that he had taken advice from United States head coach Jürgen Klinsmann when choosing the venue for Liverpool's California training camp.

He said players would be joining preseason at staggered intervals after playing for their countries in the European Championship in France (June 10-July 10), Copa America Centenario in the United States (June 3-26) and Olympic Games in Rio (Aug. 4-20).

"I spoke to Jürgen Klinsmann and asked about the area where we are going," Klopp said. "He was really positive, so I am really looking forward to it.

"At the start of the camp in the USA, the first players coming back from the European Championships will join us. They will be with us so we'll have a very big group.

"At the start of the preseason we will have a group with a lot of very young players and then step by step the rest of the players will join us over those following weeks."
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27: Mar 27, 2016 04:38:14 pm
      Liverpool will split their squad during their preseason tour of the United States if they need to play in a Europa League qualifier in July, Jürgen Klopp has said.
      Fingers crossed Jürgen won't get slated for having "separate squads" - remember the slaughtering session the last time that notion was mooted?  :o
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #28: Mar 27, 2016 06:27:03 pm
      Fingers crossed Jürgen won't get slated for having "separate squads" - remember the slaughtering session the last time that notion was mooted?  :o

I can't remember the last time we had to go through qualifiers mate. 

Was it Roy's season or Kennys first season?
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #29: Mar 28, 2016 11:54:20 am
      You won it once, you are always a Champion. Just not a current one.
      We won it 5 times. We are champions.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #30: Mar 29, 2016 11:02:03 am
      I can't remember the last time we had to go through qualifiers mate.
      Neither do I but I do remember what happened the last time it was mooted we have a separate Europa League squad - it wasn't during either Roy or Kenny's time.

Like I said: I hope folk are more understanding this time 'round. You know what... I have a funny feeling they will be.    :gt-happyup:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #31: Mar 29, 2016 11:17:00 am
      Neither do I but I do remember what happened the last time it was mooted we have a separate Europa League squad - it wasn't during either Roy or Kenny's time.

Like I said: I hope folk are more understanding this time 'round. You know what... I have a funny feeling they will be.    :gt-happyup:

Even without the possibility of qualifiers pre season was going to be split mate.  With the Euros and u21s Euros, followed immediately by the Copa America and then the Olympics, we'll have players away most of the summer and some won't return till after the season starts. 

Not all of them will be 1st teamers but we're going to have a depleted squad for most of pre season.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #32: Mar 29, 2016 11:41:13 am
      Not all of them will be 1st teamers but we're going to have a depleted squad for most of pre season.
      The good thing (if there can be a good thing to an interrupted pre-season) is that all big teams will be in the same boat. Use of the squad is a modern day necessity. It's good to see that, this time 'round, folk seem to understand that.  8)

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #33: Mar 29, 2016 12:01:21 pm
      The good thing (if there can be a good thing to an interrupted pre-season) is that all big teams will be in the same boat. Use of the squad is a modern day necessity. It's good to see that, this time 'round, folk seem to understand that.  8)

Maybe that's because people have seen some of the youngsters play a part with the seniors and done very well this season.  I know most of them only got the chance due to injuries but it gives people more confidence that if they are required to play in future they can fill in admirably mate.

Personally, in these types of summers, where there's so many Internationals on, I'd prefer we didn't have a summer tour at all but stayed home and played a few local teams instead  ;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #34: Mar 29, 2016 12:08:05 pm
      Maybe that's because people have seen some of the youngsters play a part with the seniors and done very well this season.
      If we are being honest, the youngster have been getting their chance quite a lot (and acquitted themselves well), in recent times, going back to Kenny so nothing new there. Like I said and I'm sure you agree: it's good to see us fans growing and accepting something [the notion of a EL squad] we may not have only last season.  8)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #35: Mar 29, 2016 12:33:32 pm
      If we are being honest, the youngster have been getting their chance quite a lot (and acquitted themselves well), in recent times, going back to Kenny so nothing new there. Like I said and I'm sure you agree: it's good to see us fans growing and accepting something [the notion of a EL squad] we may not have only last season.  8)

I guess it depends on which "squad" is sent home for the qualifiers if we get there Mouse.

It could be all fringe players and youth, all seniors or a mixture of both but if we win and qualify I don't see why anyone would have a problem.  The problems only apply, to any game, when we don't win  ;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #36: Mar 30, 2016 04:38:28 pm
      The problems only apply, to any game, when we don't win  ;)
      Well thankfully neither Boss lost any games then.  ;)

IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,487 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #37: Mar 30, 2016 10:41:03 pm
      If that Barca game ends up in Dublin, there's a right piss up to be had! ;D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #38: Mar 31, 2016 08:54:25 am

Yeah... like we need an excuse IO.  :laugh:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #39: Mar 31, 2016 03:45:41 pm

Is right  8)
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #40: Mar 31, 2016 04:01:22 pm
      Heard Jürgen put his foot down and told the club that he did not want to move around from city to city and be stuck with 1/2 dozen pre-season matches scattered around. So two matches in in Cali...one training ground and then back home where any further pre-season match is going to be conducted close by as not to interrupt his training.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,886 posts | 704 
      Reply #41: Mar 31, 2016 04:59:18 pm
      FC Gomel in Belarussia was the last time we had qualifiers in 2012.

Not a fan of the long haul, pre season jaunts, it's not like we need the money. All they bring is unnecessary disruption to the preparations, already impacted by national team competitions, which are unavoidable.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #42: Mar 31, 2016 05:04:23 pm
      Well the Europa could f**k that plan right up.

That is why we will just win it this year and not have to deal with it.

Quick Reply