Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      2 (1.4%)
      Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Lovren
      45 (31%)
      Sakho
      34 (23.4%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      1 (0.7%)
      Can
      6 (4.1%)
      Milner
      2 (1.4%)
      Lallana
      1 (0.7%)
      Coutinho
      2 (1.4%)
      Origi
      49 (33.8%)
      Allen
      3 (2.1%)
      Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Voting closed: Apr 10, 2016 10:16:40 pm

Dortmund 1-1 Liverpool: In-game & Post-match "YNWA"!

Read 37729 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Re: Dortmund 1-1 Liverpool: In-game & Post-match "YNWA"!
      Reply #759: Apr 07, 2016 10:49:25 pm
      Anybody else get the 'horse worrying' summariser on BT referring to Pierre Emerick Aubameyang as "Oh Baggy Man"?

My 12 yr old and I have watched it at least a dozen times - tears streaming down our face......
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #760: Apr 07, 2016 10:50:19 pm
      Someone mentioned him, but Hummels was bloody brilliant tonight. No wonder he is the perennial transfer target for the scum.

Yep, different class. Like Lovren combined with Xabi Alonso.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #761: Apr 07, 2016 10:51:48 pm
      I've got the goal on sky plus and have watched it about ten times. Seriously guys Sakho and Lovren DON'T go for the same man.

Sakho doesn'the go for ANY man, Lovren tracks the six and it goes above them. It is 100% Origi though is tasked with picking up the header if it clears the centre halves. He is with Hummers and goes to sleep. It happens. Had Sakho also not nodded off Lovren could have got it as he would,t have had to track the six.

That's the point Mick if Sakho picks up his man the train moves along the track and Lovren is free to pick up Hummels. Because Sakho, in my opinion, believes he has it covered and Lovren isn't convinced Lovren doesn't drop deeper and keeps an eye on the man in front of him therefore allowing for Hummels to get in behind them.

Of course it's Lallana who is picking him up, Klopp has admitted it was his mistake in asking Lallana to take this position and not Origi:

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes  8m8 minutes ago
      Klopp apologises for his role in Dortmund's equaliser: "I decided to have Lallana in that position instead of Origi so sorry about this."

But the point is that everything could have been avoided with better work from our Centre backs. To call it a mistake may be harsh but it is poor positioning.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #762: Apr 07, 2016 10:56:33 pm
      Origi my MotM and nice to see Lovren challenging after he had a solid game.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #763: Apr 07, 2016 11:03:21 pm
      Yup.

And how the two United legs and this fixture have made this Europa campaign feel like much more of a thing.

With you on that one mate. It's felt so much like the competition it's supposed to be in the past couple of rounds compared to the group stage.
      Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #764: Apr 07, 2016 11:05:17 pm
      Lets be honest ever goal that has ever been scored can be blamed on a defender somewhere for something. Instead on criticizing lets just praise our team , all 11 or them fro keeping a very good team at bay,
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #765: Apr 07, 2016 11:05:44 pm
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #766: Apr 07, 2016 11:11:05 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XFAUi1dV4Y

Not looking good for Henderson (cruciate?)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #767: Apr 07, 2016 11:12:51 pm

Got to absolutely love his honest approach to things haven't ya?

Could have soaked up the praise he's undoubted due there a lot more but no he paid compliments to Dortmund, ourselves, dismissed the mistakes and indeed took them on his shoulders and was brutally honest about where we are on the journey to where Dortmund currently find themselves.

Can't fault that.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #768: Apr 07, 2016 11:14:41 pm

Oh dear he can't catch a break atm.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #769: Apr 07, 2016 11:14:59 pm

Sounds that way mate and puts us further in the sh*t in terms of our midfield. I believe Stewart played some minutes this week so hopefully he'll be available soon. Much as Joe deserves to start ahead of Hendo in my opinion Jürgen again is denied the choice it seems.

All the best for Hendo on a quick recovery, hopefully it will give his heel time to heal too.
      Haris
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #770: Apr 07, 2016 11:23:19 pm
      http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x42trpc_ynwa_tech

Someone asked about YNWA, so here it is...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #771: Apr 07, 2016 11:24:31 pm
      incidentally Hummels was a class act esp with his distribution and Agger like runs into our midfield

Agree. On the basis of tonight he'd be the first player from Dortmund I'd be getting.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #772: Apr 07, 2016 11:27:45 pm
      Agree. On the basis of tonight he'd be the first player from Dortmund I'd be getting.

Yeah he was excellent, pity we missed out on Mhikitarian too on tonights performance.Looked a real danger at times. 
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #773: Apr 07, 2016 11:29:08 pm
      Yep we can add Mikkiwhatsisface to Willian as really good players who would have made a huge difference to our team.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #774: Apr 07, 2016 11:29:51 pm
      One of those 'you'd take it before kick off' results. Well done lads.

100% agree thought we looked like a proper team, against a very good Dortmund team. I know I keep going on about Hummels but seriously he was like beckenbauer

DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #775: Apr 07, 2016 11:35:32 pm
      I'm amazed people are laying into any of our players. 

I'm not. It's completely normal.

Players get slammed for their performance on the bench!!  :laugh:

We played really well tonight, but about 50% of our team will come under criticism for something or other.

Oh, and for those desperate to moan about Sturridge (you know the ones who got excited to see him on the bench), Klopp confirmed that the decision was tactical.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #776: Apr 07, 2016 11:39:51 pm
      Having the away goal advantage all day, good performance against quality opposition.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #777: Apr 07, 2016 11:47:56 pm
      I'm amazed people are laying into any of our players.  Yes I think a real top goalie might have saved their goal, yes Origi went to sleep for it, Sakho caught in no man's land etc but these things happen sometimes.

Overall we were brilliant, every last one of em. And yes that includes Milner (who got another assist ) and Moreno.

This all day for me. It was a consummate team effort, there wasn't a lot of room to work in that midfield today and their lads gave it way just as often as ours did. I thought they all did well from Keeper right through to the youngster up top. It strikes me that responses are a bit on the grumpy side given that this was our best away performance in Europe since Rafa was in town and we were regulars in the Champions League semi-final/finals.

A really good performance. We've seen some terrific performances this season to give us glimpses of what Klopp could achieve, they have generally been big wins against the likes of City, Chelsea etc but this was a very different kind of game. It was good to see the lads soak up pressure, deal with a tough crowd and give a disciplined, organised and composed performance. Lots to like and lots to look forward to.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #778: Apr 07, 2016 11:48:06 pm
      I'm not. It's completely normal.

Players get slammed for their performance on the bench!!  :laugh:

We played really well tonight, but about 50% of our team will come under criticism for something or other.

Oh, and for those desperate to moan about Sturridge (you know the ones who got excited to see him on the bench), Klopp confirmed that the decision was tactical.

Well he's hardly going to say "it's because I don't like the c***" is he mate?   ;D

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #779: Apr 07, 2016 11:49:51 pm
      Hendo has been sent for a scan on his knee, feel for him and hope it's not too bad
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #780: Apr 07, 2016 11:52:04 pm
      Just got home from work so going to watch the highlights now.

Great result.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #781: Apr 07, 2016 11:53:58 pm
      Another thing. People say "we've got to get into the Champions League" and I get that. I watched large parts of the Barca game Tuesday and the Real Madrid one Wednesday though, and the play acting, histrionics and f****** ridiculous behaviour turned my stomach to be totally honest. At least that game tonight was a proper game of football, only one or two ridiculous dives by each team and people playing the game properly.

The news today that UEFA aren't going to punish Marcello for his sickening play acting is hardly going to help. Quite what the football authorities need to see before they take action is beyond my comprehension.

Quick Reply