Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

Overrated LFC players

Read 12240 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Overrated players
      Reply #69: Nov 12, 2007 01:17:17 pm
      Most overated player in the world has to be Riise. USELESS he is.

In my opinion, i don't think he's useless, he's been really usefull and influential in the pass and scored some memorable goals for us as we played a slower game and that fits in well with Riise. But now we have suddenly decided to up the tempo of our game and that's where Riise began to struggle as he does not have the speed and too left footed to deal with.
      marcuk03
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts | -2 
      Reply #70: Nov 12, 2007 01:30:51 pm
      In my opinion, i don't think he's useless, he's been really usefull and influential in the pass and scored some memorable goals for us as we played a slower game and that fits in well with Riise. But now we have suddenly decided to up the tempo of our game and that's where Riise began to struggle as he does not have the speed and too left footed to deal with.

We've uppped our game because we have some better players in the side. see torres, babel , yossi etc etc
      this has only served to highlight the limtations of the ginger one.

to be honest , hes an average left-back and a very average left winger,

not bad to have as back-up but not what LFC wants if we are to progress in this very competitve league
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #71: Aug 17, 2009 10:15:32 pm
      With so many treads criticizing LFC players; is it safe to say all of them are overrated?

Tired of the endless criticism.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #72: Aug 17, 2009 10:24:58 pm
      Wow alot of people thought Kuyt was overrated at the end of 2007.  Just goes to show what time can do for a player. ;)

In two years Ryan Babel will be a superstar at Liverpool.  ::)
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #73: Aug 17, 2009 11:21:36 pm
      Kuyt overrated? Are you kidding me? He's way underrated, no one notices the small things he does, he's one of the most consistent players we have. Firstly he has a great touch as a right winger, he still gets a good amount of goals, he holds the ball so well, he gets past the man 9/10 times, he has a great cross, he's not selfish, great finish and good sound passing. 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,513 posts | 2873 
      Reply #74: Aug 17, 2009 11:24:22 pm
      With so many treads criticizing LFC players; is it safe to say all of them are overrated?

Tired of the endless criticism.

They play bad, they get criticised.

They play well, they get praised.

Simple as.

It's not them being overrated. Torres is still one of the best around, one game doesn't change that.  But yesterday he was poor so he gets criticised by us. Yesterday hurt us so people were pissed off and the reactions are understandable.
      LiverpoolEntourage
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #75: Aug 18, 2009 06:02:49 am
      Kuyt overrated? Are you kidding me? He's way underrated, no one notices the small things he does, he's one of the most consistent players we have. Firstly he has a great touch as a right winger, he still gets a good amount of goals, he holds the ball so well, he gets past the man 9/10 times, he has a great cross, he's not selfish, great finish and good sound passing. 

I don't know like no doubt he represents the LFC spirit and plays his heart out everytime he steps on the pitch but seriously in my opinion he's fortunate that Liverpool have a lack of quality out wide. If David Silva came in I recogn he'd be on the bench. Who knows next game Benayoun might have his position anyway.
      LiverpoolEntourage
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #76: Aug 18, 2009 06:05:33 am
      Totally agree wiht that one people think that's he's better than Torres ( I was like wtf) !

haha shrek vs el nino. No chance. Shrek would get hammered and the princess would definately leave with el nino. He'd smash rooney on and off the pitch anyday of the week.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #77: Aug 18, 2009 06:16:15 am
      Dirk Kuyt isn't overrated. He's a quality player.

Obviously he isn't Fernando Torres or Steven Gerrard quality but his determination and work rate puts him up there. He's dependable and is a strong player. Since joining Liverpool, he's scored 13 goals in his first season(06/07). He didn't have a great 07/08, scoring just like 3 league goals but he was on fire in Europe with goals against Chelsea, Inter Milan and Arsenal in the knockout rounds. Last year he was much better, scoring 14 league goals and 1 goal against PSV.

He may be played out of position but he makes runs into the box and has the deadly sense of a striker. That's why he manages to rack up alot of goals. On top of that, he also assists a lot. Every team needs an android!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #78: Aug 18, 2009 06:17:25 am
      I don't know like no doubt he represents the LFC spirit and plays his heart out everytime he steps on the pitch but seriously in my opinion he's fortunate that Liverpool have a lack of quality out wide. If David Silva came in I recogn he'd be on the bench. Who knows next game Benayoun might have his position anyway.

Sorry, but i can't see how you can think that. He may not be one of the most technically gifted footballers around, but he makes up for it in tenacity and drive for the ball. I can think of no player in the world who could outrun Kuyt for 90 minutes. And he scores goals, and creates. Sometimes he surprises actually with his clever play, he has become one of our most trusted players and i don't think anyone should think he is overrated.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #79: Aug 18, 2009 07:23:33 am
      Kuyt scored 14 goals last season how much better can he do. He isnt solky smooth bu the is effective and if I played right back for Liverpool I would want Kuyt infront of me everytime.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,513 posts | 2873 
      Reply #80: Aug 18, 2009 11:28:27 am
      Going back to the original post of this topic, I think this thread is to discuss overrated players at Liverpool. Otherwise it would be in the General Football section?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #81: Aug 18, 2009 11:33:10 am
      Going back to the original post of this topic, I think this thread is to discuss overrated players at Liverpool. Otherwise it would be in the General Football section?

Well spotted.

I have split the off-topic posts and put them in a new thread in the General Football Forum.

The topic title has been slightly amended to make it clear this thread is about our players.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Overrated LFC players
      Reply #82: Aug 18, 2009 11:36:29 am
      To be honest, Lucas.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's alright, sometimes great. I also agree that he shouldn't be the subject of blame every single time because that annoys me too. I also agree with people sticking up for him at times - but sometimes it's far too much.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #83: Aug 18, 2009 02:43:29 pm
      Boot the only two left on your list is Kuyt and Aurelio and both did well last season, so you got it a little bit wrong didn't you, still not to worry you got some right or I'm sure Rafa would not have sold them........
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #84: Aug 18, 2009 04:57:04 pm
      Insua.

I rate him, dont get me wrong but when people call him 'phenomenal' or 'sensational' i dont see it. He's 20, he's still learning and does make the odd mistake or sometimes just stays up field and forgets to get back into position, which is what 'sensational' fullbacks do.

I think he's pushing the best left back in the club tag but i dont think he's out of this world just yet.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #85: Aug 18, 2009 05:07:53 pm
      Insua has the potential as he's young. He's good at defending and bring the ball forward. However, he's caught off at the back at times and he doesn't really threaten in the final 3rd!
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #86: Aug 18, 2009 05:24:58 pm
      Ryan Babel ..not lived up to his potential and time is running out for him , squanders his chances and leaves you so frustrated
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #87: Aug 18, 2009 05:25:24 pm
      Ryan Babel ..not lived up to his potential and time is running out for him , squanders his chances and leaves you so frustrated

:D I dont think anyone rates him, for him to be overrated!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #88: Aug 18, 2009 05:29:50 pm
      Dossena anyone? ::)

;)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,513 posts | 2873 
      Reply #89: Aug 18, 2009 05:31:35 pm

I direct you to the post above yours. ;)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #90: Aug 18, 2009 05:35:48 pm
      Dossena's quality!! Apart from Stevie and Nando, I don't think anyone can score goals against 2 European powerhouses in a week!

;D ;D ;D
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #91: Aug 18, 2009 06:26:17 pm
      United a powerhouse?

A shithouse maybe, but never a powerhouse!

Quick Reply