Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Michael Owen appointed International ambassador for Liverpool FC

Read 51339 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Michael Owen appointed International ambassador for Liverpool FC
      Reply #253: May 25, 2017 11:30:24 pm
      Signed it instantly. Traitor, plain and simple.

Done.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017 11:36:55 pm by MIRO »
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #254: May 25, 2017 11:35:19 pm
      The guy was an unbelievable footballer for us and I absolutely loved him. But he made some very sh*t career choices and then joined the mancs but with hindsight it's clear he only ever cared about being an England hero.

If he was just up front and admitted that I'd have more respect for him but instead he's someone who played for 3 of the biggest clubs in the world and the best reaction he can get is indifference and the worst is he's considered a traitor. Goes to show talent isn't everything.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #255: May 25, 2017 11:51:14 pm
      Selfish pr**k where karma caught up with him.

He could have gone down as one of the greats here but as many have said he was only ever interested in Michael Owen.

Glad he didn't make an impact at Madrid, glad his career ended at Newcastle, glad he went to Man U so for any of our naive fan base who still held a soft spot for him could see what a tw*t he really is, and I'm glad he finished at F***ing Stoke of all places.

pr**k.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #256: May 26, 2017 03:46:26 am
      our club ambassador called manchester united "we" - how is it embarrassing to dislike that?!

i signed it of course, everyone thought it was a mental move to begin with so why wouldn't we sign a petition now that he said something so anti-LFC?
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #257: May 26, 2017 04:44:47 am
      signed, kick him out!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #258: May 26, 2017 05:37:24 am
      Done

Kunt!

YNWA
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #259: May 26, 2017 08:29:56 am
      Maybe he's a WUM ? A good one too.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #260: May 26, 2017 08:31:28 am
      Selfish pr**k where karma caught up with him.

He could have gone down as one of the greats here but as many have said he was only ever interested in Michael Owen.

Glad he didn't make an impact at Madrid, glad his career ended at Newcastle, glad he went to Man U so for any of our naive fan base who still held a soft spot for him could see what a tw*t he really is, and I'm glad he finished at f**king Stoke of all places.

P**ck.

Completely forgot he played for Stoke, honestly thought his career ended at the mancs. Shows how irrelevant he became (or how bad my memory is, take your pick).
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #261: May 26, 2017 08:48:17 am
      Completely forgot he played for Stoke, honestly thought his career ended at the mancs. Shows how irrelevant he became (or how bad my memory is, take your pick).

And after he left us he was a flop at every club he went to.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #262: May 26, 2017 10:19:49 am
      Hope everyone signs the petition ...  and when the club does see sense we can then publicise his sacking in the media.

Will enjoy that.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #263: May 26, 2017 11:17:47 am
      Hope everyone signs the petition ...  and when the club does see sense we can then publicise his sacking in the media.

Will enjoy that.
      You want him to lose a job and be humiliated in the media ? For saying " We "  when talking about Man U ?  Good to see you're not one of those people who over react easily .
      I don't know him personally but he did a pretty good job for us on the pitch and scored goals that won us trophies  , once he left us he could do what he wanted . Big deal.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #264: May 26, 2017 11:30:34 am
      You want him to lose a job and be humiliated in the media ? For saying " We "  when talking about Man U ?  Good to see you're not one of those people who over react easily .
      I don't know him personally but he did a pretty good job for us on the pitch and scored goals that won us trophies  , once he left us he could do what he wanted . Big deal.

You probably don't love Liverpool as much as the rest of us do then if you don't understand why Owen is a cock.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #265: May 26, 2017 11:47:11 am
      I don't like the fact that many are violent towards Owen only because he played for Man U (we should understand that he was a professional football player) but after that he cannot be an ambassador of Liverpool.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #266: May 26, 2017 12:07:07 pm
      I don't like the fact that many are violent towards Owen only because he played for Man U (we should understand that he was a professional football player) but after that he cannot be an ambassador of Liverpool.

It's not a case of being violent towards him. Before he had even gone to the Mancs he had done himself no favours, although it didn't come down to it, he was prepared to run his contract down and would have left on a free, he was always hoping Madrid would come calling for him. Like Torres he thought the grass was greener, as soon as it didn't work out at Madrid he soon wanted to come crying back to us and he could have forced the move if he was that desperate to return, but he didn't, he quite happily shot off to Newcastle instead.
      Then he went off to the Mancs. Just because he was a good player for us doesn't excuse his behaviour about the club since. We made him the player he was, as evident by the fact his career was virtually finished by the time he was 25.

Should never have been given the job in the first place, makes no sense giving the job to a guy that's played for the Mancs and shown no love towards our club at all.
      Personally, I'd like to see Xabi given the job, someone who actually loves the club and knows what the club is about.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #267: May 26, 2017 12:23:34 pm

Surely, saying 'We' for Manchester United and being a Liverpool ambassador are mutually exclusive! If you are Liverpool ambassador then the we should be for LFC not Man United. He really should lose his job over this. I loved him when he played for us but not now. I don't want him anywhere near LFC. 
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #268: May 26, 2017 12:39:27 pm
      You probably don't love Liverpool as much as the rest of us do then if you don't understand why Owen is a cock.
      Yeh  , that's probably it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #269: May 26, 2017 12:50:38 pm

He shouldn't be an ambassador of Liverpool but come on - it's not like he choke slammed a child live on tv.

Let's just leave him be - as a pundit on BT Sport alongside Jake Humphrey and co. That's punishment enough.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,485 posts | 8675 
      Reply #270: May 26, 2017 12:50:41 pm

Seriously, why is everyone getting worked up by a fella who sounds as dull as ditchwater on the telly. He played for us, Real Madrid, Newcastle and the mancs and is adored by none of the fans of any of those clubs.

As I said further up doing petitions for irrelevant things like this is pure F***ing blueshite behaviour!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #271: May 26, 2017 12:53:04 pm
      Seriously, why is everyone getting worked up by a fella who sounds as dull as ditchwater on the telly. He played for us, Real Madrid, Newcastle and the mancs and is adored by none of the fans of any of those clubs.

As I said further up doing petitions for irrelevant things like this is pure f**king blueshite behaviour!!

We're getting close aren't we. Still not quite at the 'Remove the red from your Christmas tree' campaign that Everton supporters inflicted upon their own manager a few months back.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #272: May 26, 2017 02:57:05 pm

As I said further up doing petitions for irrelevant things like this is pure f**king blueshite behaviour!!

Are you comparing our rivalry with F***ing Everton to that of the mancs? Because they don't come close.

Everton are a bunch of daft tw*ts but once the derbys over we go back to having a pint and a laugh with them.  Our rivalry with the mancs is F***ing fierce and it always will be.

As a Liverpool fan he should never have signed for them. Never. And it doesn't make us bitter for hating him for that either, it's just a basic principle of being a Liverpool supporter.

Carragher, Gerrard, Fowler etc would never have signed for those cu*ts no matter what the circumstances were.

F**k Owen. c**t.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,485 posts | 8675 
      Reply #273: May 26, 2017 03:03:04 pm
      Are you comparing our rivalry with F***ing Everton to that of the mancs? Because they don't come close.

Everton are a bunch of daft tw*ts but once the derbys over we go back to having a pint and a laugh with them.  Our rivalry with the mancs is F***ing fierce and it always will be.

As a Liverpool fan he should never have signed for them. Never. And it doesn't make us bitter for hating him for that either, it's just a basic principle of being a Liverpool supporter.

Carragher, Gerrard, Fowler etc would never have signed for those cu*ts no matter what the circumstances were.

F**k Owen. c**t.

You're trying far too hard, chill!

I hate both Everton and Utd equally, I also know plenty of Ev fans who support Utd and hate us more than they hate the mancs.

I'm really not arsed about this one way or the other, but you carry on giving those who want to shout "offended by everything" at us more ammunition.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #274: May 26, 2017 03:34:14 pm
      Are you comparing our rivalry with f**king Everton to that of the mancs? Because they don't come close.

Everton are a bunch of daft tw*ts but once the derbys over we go back to having a pint and a laugh with them.  Our rivalry with the mancs is f**king fierce and it always will be.

F**k Owen. C**t.
      Yeh , you don't sound bitter at all.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #275: May 26, 2017 03:46:05 pm
      You're trying far too hard, chill!

I hate both Everton and Utd equally, I also know plenty of Ev fans who support Utd and hate us more than they hate the mancs.

I'm really not arsed about this one way or the other, but you carry on giving those who want to shout "offended by everything" at us more ammunition.

Haha I'm chilled, I just don't like Owen, and it gets on my nerves when our own supporters defend him and lick his arse. 

I'm surprised being from Huyton you hate Everton and the mancs equally. I'm from Prescot so the same neck of the woods as you pretty much and I'm sure like me and anyone else from Merseyside you have many blue mates.

I hate Everton too come derby day, but in general I laugh at them more than i despise them. They're just our noisy daft neighbours.

United is a different kettle of fish though. The rivalry is serious and at times brutal. I hate them with a passion and I imagine most reds will feel the same. I'm sure you do.

Owen should never have signed for them. It's not as if he was short of offers but as usual he was thinking about himself and not the millions of people who once loved and supported him.

Also, I couldn't give a sh*t what people sing or shout. Never gave a F**k about what other fans think or say about us and I won't be starting now.

Quick Reply