Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      7 (10.3%)
      Connor Randall
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (4.4%)
      Alberto Moreno
      11 (16.2%)
      Kevin Stewart
      2 (2.9%)
      Joe Allen
      6 (8.8%)
      James Milner
      3 (4.4%)
      Adam Lallana
      24 (35.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      11 (16.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Sheyi Ojo
      1 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: Apr 28, 2016 04:58:12 pm

Liverpool 2-2 Newcastle: In game and Post Match debates

Read 26442 times
      RedKalel
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts | 23 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Newcastle: In game and Post Match debates
      Reply #322: Apr 23, 2016 05:01:38 pm
      If the stupid tw*t stays on his line it's an easy save.

If he comes out he absolutely has to get the ball or man.

F***ing hate Mignolet!!!

This
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #323: Apr 23, 2016 05:02:22 pm
      It's all about Europa league. I'm sorry but if any of you have/had been pinning hopes on a 4th place finish you really do need your heads checking because that ship sailed weeks and weeks ago.

Very true, lets hope Simon was on because Ward was being rested for Villareal.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #324: Apr 23, 2016 05:02:37 pm
      It's all about Europa league. I'm sorry but if any of you have/had been pinning hopes on a 4th place finish you really do need your heads checking because that ship sailed weeks and weeks ago.

Finally sank today though Scott
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #325: Apr 23, 2016 05:03:20 pm
      2-0 is clearly a dangerous lead. One quick goal can shift the momentum

Its the mentality of the players which is wrong, were they all congratulating themselves at half time or something? There must be something seriously wrong with the half time team talks, it happens far to often that we concede at the start of the second half or at least come under considerable pressure.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3958 
      Reply #326: Apr 23, 2016 05:04:12 pm
      It was like watching a different team in the second half.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #327: Apr 23, 2016 05:05:09 pm
      Thought we were nowhere near as sparkling second half.

I'll bet at 2-0 some of the players thought 'Best take this easy now for Thursday'.

They'll get that knocked out of them hopefully.

Fair play to Rafa and Newcastle - still think they'll go down.  Disappointing for us to concede twice but they have a lot more to fight for in the Premier League than we have.

Onwards to the semi final.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #328: Apr 23, 2016 05:07:08 pm

Just hope Mignolet doesn't go into "nervous wreck" mode after this performance.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #329: Apr 23, 2016 05:08:01 pm
      Thought we were nowhere near as sparkling second half.

I'll bet at 2-0 some of the players thought 'Best take this easy now for Thursday'.

They'll get that knocked out of them hopefully.

Fair play to Rafa and Newcastle - still think they'll go down.  Disappointing for us to concede twice but they have a lot more to fight for in the Premier League than we have.

Onwards to the semi final.

Will they? Why will they get it knocked out of them after today when they didn't get it knocked out of them on the other occasions we've lost when leading? As much as I love Klopp, and I do, he needs to sort this sh*t out and fast, its becoming a joke, how fragile we are in getting turned over.
      I'm so pissed off right now, at half time I was thinking nice easy game, get a few more in the second half then sit back and enjoy one of our 2 most bitter rivals get knocked out of the FA cup, but now I'll be in a bad mood all day.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #330: Apr 23, 2016 05:09:09 pm

Sure a big hug will sort all that.  8)
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,660 posts | 489 
      Reply #331: Apr 23, 2016 05:10:35 pm
      I think Mignolet does perform better for a few matches after his obligatory brain fart.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #332: Apr 23, 2016 05:11:03 pm
      Finally sank today though Scott

Exactly S@int, belief went when we lost to Southampton really but hope lingers on while there's a chance, it's what this club does to you but now that hope is dead and buried.

I know people will say it's harsh to blame Randall but he was at fault for both their goals, as much as Migs made a classic calamity of the first he still had his header to win and was nowhere near it. Second he just doesn't get out for the block, granted that is more difficult but still it was no surprise to see him subbed off.

Jürgen chose to put him in and has to take some of the flak for that because he's come up short there. As for Migs well everyone knows my opinion of him and I'll be happy if we can get someone in to replace him in the summer. Newcastle 3 shots on target and 2 goals.

Most errors in the premier league leading to a goal.

Think he was at 1.11 saves per goal conceded before today, trying to get his average down to 50/50 if you get it on target against him. Considering the rest of his game in and around the box he has been a total joke this season.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #333: Apr 23, 2016 05:11:22 pm
      How many points have that idiot Mig cost us? Otherwise, we could be in the running for 4th place. A new goalkeeper is a must. Has long past its useful shelf life.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #334: Apr 23, 2016 05:12:03 pm
      Sure a big hug will sort all that.  8)

Not quite been the build up to an important semi we had hoped for so far has it.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #335: Apr 23, 2016 05:12:42 pm
      Its the mentality of the players which is wrong, were they all congratulating themselves at half time or something? There must be something seriously wrong with the half time team talks, it happens far to often that we concede at the start of the second half or at least come under considerable pressure.

I genuinely think the mignolet incident brought all of that on.

Just brings sooo much uncertainty to the back line especially.

He catches or punches that and we win in my opinion.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #336: Apr 23, 2016 05:13:10 pm
      Liverpool have dropped 19 points this season from winning positions.

:o
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #337: Apr 23, 2016 05:13:40 pm

I didn't believe that we would get 4th even if we won all our remaining PL games. What these games do though is just halt our momentum in the meekest way possible. It's pathetic and that's where the anger derives from, the fact that they are self inflicted. What others are saying is right - Mignolet does his job properly there then we probably go on to win. But he makes a hash of it (again) and everything changes. The crowd stops in their tracks, the team stops and everyone is looking at Mignolet thinking 'what have you done? What have you gone and done AGAIN?' I could accept this if Newcastle worked it brilliantly or it was a 30 yard screamer but it was tame, bread and butter stuff, you'd expect a Premier League second goalkeeper to handle with ease. It's absolutely pathetic and it raises questions of his mentality but more importantly, what the hell is he doing in training? What the hell is Achterberg doing with him to sort these mistakes out? Not an OUNCE of an improvement has been shown and he's probably a worse keeper than he was

At a time when so many of our players have drastically improved under Klopp, he is one who just can't. Sometimes you've just got to accept that he is not going to improve and because of that he should be sold because quite frankly he fails to prove that he is the standard of a second choice Premier League keeper.

Awful. Just awful.
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #338: Apr 23, 2016 05:15:55 pm
      Will they? Why will they get it knocked out of them after today when they didn't get it knocked out of them on the other occasions we've lost when leading? As much as I love Klopp, and I do, he needs to sort this sh*t out and fast, its becoming a joke, how fragile we are in getting turned over.
      I'm so pissed off right now, at half time I was thinking nice easy game, get a few more in the second half then sit back and enjoy one of our 2 most bitter rivals get knocked out of the FA cup, but now I'll be in a bad mood all day.

If that's what you were think why so surprised that our players seemed to be of the same mind!? Just a thought
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #339: Apr 23, 2016 05:18:39 pm
      Not quite been the build up to an important semi we had hoped for so far has it.
      We'll be fine s@int.
      evaluator
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts |
      Reply #340: Apr 23, 2016 05:19:03 pm
      I didn't believe that we would get 4th even if we won all our remaining PL games. What these games do though is just halt our momentum in the meekest way possible. It's pathetic and that's where the anger derives from, the fact that they are self inflicted.

Definitely thought it was a long shot to get top 4, but if we had won this and the remaining games, who knows? At least we would finish out strong and keep growing our confidence that would hopefully keep going into next season.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #341: Apr 23, 2016 05:19:13 pm
      Liverpool have dropped 19 points this season from winning positions.

:o
      This ,
       the commentator was saying that  only everton is worse from us in that stat. and that is awful
      Ynwa

ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #342: Apr 23, 2016 05:19:43 pm
      One hell of a manager in Brendan Rodgers who brought migs here. That was the start of all our problems. And it hasn't ended.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #343: Apr 23, 2016 05:20:59 pm
      One hell of a manager in Brendan Rodgers who brought migs here. That was the start of all our problems. And it hasn't ended.

Some even argued he was better than Reina, hilarious to be honest.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #344: Apr 23, 2016 05:21:04 pm
      I didn't believe that we would get 4th even if we won all our remaining PL games. What these games do though is just halt our momentum in the meekest way possible. It's pathetic and that's where the anger derives from, the fact that they are self inflicted.

Correct and that's what makes it so frustrating.

Two things I want from the team, amongst others, is to be able to grind out a result when not playing well and to see out a game when in front. We aren't very good at both, but I believe in the manager and what he is trying to instil into the players.

Quick Reply