Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who's going to the final?

Villarreal
      10 (11.6%)
      Liverpool
      76 (88.4%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: May 05, 2016 01:52:18 pm

Pre Match : Liverpool v Villarreal, 5th May, 20:05, Second Leg

Read 19403 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,726 posts | 3740 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool v Villarreal, 5th May, 20:05, Second Leg
      Reply #23: May 03, 2016 06:41:38 pm
      I believe that we have what it takes to go through. We play much better in Europe with our fans backing them. Klopp will push up his players. Whoever plays he needs to show us that he loves the shirt by playing with passion and determination. YNWA

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #24: May 03, 2016 07:43:02 pm
      some people need a history lesson or two. Our European history has been based on keeping things tight away from home trying to sneak an away goal and getting them back to Anfield. Instead of having a pop at a manager who got his tactics spot on how about Allen who missed a sitter or Moreno who had a brain fart.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #25: May 03, 2016 07:47:13 pm
      definitely a game for the Crowd to play its part just don't concede and we will go through but I think we will do far better than that and really  take the game to them.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6420 
      Re: Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #26: May 03, 2016 07:55:10 pm
      some people need a history lesson or two. Our European history has been based on keeping things tight away from home trying to sneak an away goal and getting them back to Anfield. Instead of having a pop at a manager who got his tactics spot on how about Allen who missed a sitter or Moreno who had a brain fart.

Moreno brain farts so much he has skid marks in his hat.

And Allen probably should have scored but considering he's one of the only players that played consistently well, I'd hardly lay this at his feet. If we wanted to score, we should have had our best scorer on the pitch. Pretty simple.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #27: May 03, 2016 08:03:26 pm
      Can't believe young Can may be available what a bonus that would be
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #28: May 03, 2016 08:05:21 pm
      Moreno brain farts so much he has skid marks in his hat.

And Allen probably should have scored but considering he's one of the only players that played consistently well, I'd hardly lay this at his feet. If we wanted to score, we should have had our best scorer on the pitch. Pretty simple.

Don't think Rushie would cut it now.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #29: May 03, 2016 08:14:39 pm
      Don't think Rushie would cut it now.

Wouldn't be our best scorer if he had sat on the bench for the big games either mate. :)

I think people are trying to make too much of it imo. No one is saying Klopp is crap, no one is calling for his head.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #30: May 03, 2016 08:17:23 pm
      Yeah, despite my frustration at him this season he'd be a big plus in that midfield on Thursday.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31: May 03, 2016 08:45:46 pm
      If he knew the result then like he does now he probably would have brought him in, he was tactics were pragmatic in playing for an away draw against a Spanish squad we have never faced along with missing a 2 starting mid-fielders and a starting CB.

It worked for 91 minutes...if it ended 0-0 nobody would be saying anything but draw away from home, batter them at home.

If he had to do it over again maybe it would be done different but I think the plan for the match was correct.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,427 posts | 8650 
      Reply #32: May 03, 2016 08:49:23 pm
      It worked for 91 minutes...if it ended 0-0 nobody would be saying anything but draw away from home, batter them at home.

If it had of finished 0-0, it would of been called an old school European performance!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #33: May 03, 2016 09:09:48 pm
      If it had of finished 0-0, it would of been called an old school European performance!

Thought there was another manger in the not so distant past that would have played it the same way.

We will just trounce them at Anfield.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #34: May 03, 2016 09:20:47 pm
      let's just remind ourselves why we are here and what can happen...
      youtu.be/mCtLd9V1FXA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #35: May 03, 2016 09:27:34 pm
      Can't believe young Can may be available what a bonus that would be

Good lad.  I didn't think it was too serious when he was in the crowd celebrating that winner!

Still be surprised to see him involved Thursday from the start.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #36: May 03, 2016 09:58:09 pm
      Good lad.  I didn't think it was too serious when he was in the crowd celebrating that winner!

Still be surprised to see him involved Thursday from the start.

But he could come in if we are getting overrun in the midfield and start throwing himself around a bit.....We have not looked the same with both him & hendo out...we need one of them.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #37: May 03, 2016 10:20:40 pm
      What an outstanding match we have to look forward to! I can't wait for this game, as Walt said European games in May isn't that exactly what we all want?

Massive bonus if Can is fit enough to start, really didn't expect that and it has to be worth the risk really, so close to the end of the season then even Jürgen may be tempted to have a little gamble on Emre.

Migs
             Clyne     Lovren  Toure   Moreno
                           Lucas  Can
                 Milner    Firmino  Coutinho
                            Sturridge

The atmosphere is going to be electric, they're going to have the same greeting leading into the ground and we're going to show them what coming to Anfield is all about.

There's no doubt whatsoever they'll be out to sucker punch us thinking that 1 goal will be enough to see them through so I think we need to go out with the mindset to score 3. Anyone who just watched the CL semi can see just how cruel a 1-0 loss away can be and Villareal will try to play in a similar fashion than Atletico did tonight.

The good news is that they concede at more than double the rate away from home domestically and in this competition they've conceded 9 in 6 games (compared to 1 at home). We can definitely get the goals, the question I have is if we can keep them down to just 1 if we go for it. A lot will depend on our midfield strength. I think if Emre makes it and looks anywhere near fit we can win that battle, if it's Allen then I'm less convinced but he's been good recently.

My biggest worry is the weakness of our CBs, Lovren was hopeless vs Swansea, I just hope his mind was elsewhere and he was distracted by his equally, if not worse partner. If he can put that game out of his mind and get back to his form just prior to that we're in business.

Sturridge to bag a couple and a Coutinho classic to take the tie 3-1 and another memorable night at L4 with a date in Basel just a short while to wait!

Bring it on!!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #38: May 03, 2016 10:22:08 pm
      ~I am already buzzing about the game its going to be epic and it will be another night to remember get with the f***in programme FFS
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #39: May 03, 2016 10:23:04 pm
      I am tempted if Can is fit to slot Lucas in at CB. Not for his defensive skills but because he can play the ball out quickly even under pressure, something Lovren and Toure struggle with.

Rest of the team picks itself really with the only real decision for me being Milner and Firmino with Lallana missing out. Praying that Firmino shows a bit of form as we really need a performance from him.

Mignolet

Clyne           Lovren     Lucas      Moreno

Can         Allen

Milner              Firmino            Coutinho

Sturridge     

Hoping for a clinical 3-0 win. Get the goals early and then close the gates. 

MsGerrard
      Reply #40: May 03, 2016 10:27:13 pm
      Can't help feeling like this is all a bit of an anti-climax after the Dortmund game at the moment, I know though I won't feel like this come Thursday when the excitement of Anfield takes me over and I'm hoping the atmosphere will be just as good with it being a semi-final, one step away from the UEFA Cup Final, the Kop will be rocking  :scarf: :scarf: can't wait  ;D

Great news that Can is back in contention, but like JD said, can't see him being on from the start, super player to have on your bench though, desperate to see Studge on the team sheet, we'll need his skills to break them down, make no mistake, this is gonna be one hell of a battle on the pitch and whoever wins the midfield battle will win the game imo.

Vital we get an early goal, one nil at half time, attacking the kop goal in the second half and with the Kop in full voice, should just see us through with another goal in the last 10 mins with Benteke supporting Studge up front.....bang !! boom !! 2-0  ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #41: May 03, 2016 10:27:46 pm
      I was really tempted to come to Liverpool and watch it somewhere after experience the atmosphere outside the ground but knowing me it'll go to extra time and I'll miss my train home :D

I'd like to see us put out the team that Luke mentioned. I would have gone with Lucas at CB but I really don't like the idea of Lucas against the pacey Bakambu.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #42: May 03, 2016 10:31:24 pm
      their is now belief in this team at Anfield after the Dortmund game its going to be awesome don't miss it we don't do boring
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #43: May 03, 2016 10:32:32 pm
                                 Mignolet

Clyne           Lucas          Lovren         Moreno

Allen           Milner

Lallana        Firmino        Coutinho

Sturridge

Smash them to pieces reds.

That would be my team as well, I would prefer to see Lucas at centre-half for this one. I reckon they will score BUT I'm certain we can put three past them. I'm going for 3-1 to the Reds.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #44: May 03, 2016 10:33:49 pm
      I am tempted if Can is fit to slot Lucas in at CB. Not for his defensive skills but because he can play the ball out quickly even under pressure, something Lovren and Toure struggle with.

Rest of the team picks itself really with the only real decision for me being Milner and Firmino with Lallana missing out. Praying that Firmino shows a bit of form as we really need a performance from him.

Mignolet

Clyne           Lovren     Lucas      Moreno

Can         Allen

Milner              Firmino            Coutinho

Sturridge     

Hoping for a clinical 3-0 win. Get the goals early and then close the gates. 

You know what mate I thought Firmino actually played quite well away from home. I've been with you that he's not been as good since coming back from injury and he was nowhere near his best but it has me optimistic about how good a performance we'll get out of him. It was similar when he had his back injury (although that was of course worse) and it appears like he is the type that needs that run after an injury, guess we'll find out.

With regards Emre, totally get your point about the ball playing ability but with us having to keep it to possibly nil then I think, as crazy as it may sound, the defensive solidity of Toure gives him the edge. Plus Emre ahead does offer much more defensive cover than Allen.

One thing is for sure the Villareal celebrations pissed off Jürgen that much that I desperately want to see his reaction if we go through, it could be an absolute classic.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,224 posts | 4419 
      Reply #45: May 03, 2016 10:41:41 pm
      That would be my team as well, I would prefer to see Lucas at centre-half for this one. I reckon they will score BUT I'm certain we can put three past them. I'm going for 3-1 to the Reds.

Milner at CM.............holy sh*t No, put him out wide where he has something to offer.

After that first half performance v Dortmund I hope to never see him as a CM especially in a 2 man midfield.

Quick Reply