Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who's going to the final?

Villarreal
      10 (11.6%)
      Liverpool
      76 (88.4%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: May 05, 2016 01:52:18 pm

Pre Match : Liverpool v Villarreal, 5th May, 20:05, Second Leg

Read 19680 times
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool v Villarreal, 5th May, 20:05, Second Leg
      Reply #46: May 03, 2016 11:36:49 pm

definitely a game for the Crowd to play its part just don't concede and we will go through but I think we will do far better than that and really take the game to them.

We should try to batter the door down from the first whistle. We need a goal. A cagey affair works in their favour.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #47: May 04, 2016 01:42:03 am
      Almost clicked on Villareal going to the final  :f_doh: Liverpool should be on top of that poll, hope those 5 votes for them are missclicks  ;D

Would start with Benteke for the presence in and around the box, to keep their defence thinking about him while Firmino making ghost runs from deeper. If Can is back fit push Lucas back to CB instead of Kolo. 1:0 LFC (Lallana to score) with Sturridge getting a winner in ET.

Migs

Clyne   Kolo     Lovren   Moreno

Lucas    Milner

Lallana               Coutinho
                     Firmino

Benteke

Ward, Škrtel, Can, Allen, Ojo, Ibe, Sturridge
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #48: May 04, 2016 01:51:05 am
      Must win.

Mignolet

Clyne
      Lovren
      Toure
      Moreno

Lucas
      Allen
      Milner

Lallana
      Coutinho
      Sturridge

You know what mate I thought Firmino actually played quite well away from home

:D

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016 02:24:00 am by Beerbelly »
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #49: May 04, 2016 02:49:25 am
      I'm surprised to see so many people predicting Studge to start.  Don't get me wrong, I want him to start as he is our most reliable goal scorer, but he didn't start the first leg and then played a full 90 against the Swans when many others were rested.... I can't see him starting this one, but I hope I'm wrong.

Think it will be:

Migs
      Clyne - Toure - Lovren - Moreno
      Milner - Lucas - Allen
      Lallana  - Firmino  - Coutinho

I'm nervous as hell, but if we can overturn a 2 goal deficit with 45 minutes to play, we can definitely overturn a 1-0 over 90  :)
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #50: May 04, 2016 03:49:53 am
      coyr

we need to win this, we have to win this, we will win this

:action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #51: May 04, 2016 08:05:27 am
      We can do it. c'mon the REDMEN !!!

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpool2xt1: :scarf:

YNWA.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #52: May 04, 2016 08:41:30 am
      I'd probably agree with those who say we're going to need to score three goals as I fancy them to get one. Because of that I'd definately play Sturridge with Firmino in behind, Courinho and Lallana out wider. Allen and the plodder take the holding slots, full backs pick themselves as does the goalie and Dejan. Alongside him I'd go with Kolo for his experience and threat from set pieces.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #53: May 04, 2016 08:56:58 am
      In the vote at the top of the page it shows 28 expect us to go through to the final and 6 expect us to get knocked out.I could see what the 6 are saying if we had been  thrashed at Villarreal but it was a moments madness at the last minute that prevented us coming away with a credible draw.We are no worse off than we were at halftime in the second leg against Dortmund at Anfield.Have faith in our REDS and to those lucky enough to be at Anfield shout as loud as you can for ourlads. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #54: May 04, 2016 09:59:19 am
      Jürgen will have the lads fired up and focussed for this, I think we'll win 3-1.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,549 posts | 1495 
      Reply #55: May 04, 2016 11:02:34 am
      Really can't wait for this game,it's going to be interesting which tactics,formation & players  the gaffer will  go with.
      Do we go out all guns blazing & try and get the two goals  then try & shut shop or will he take the pragmatic & patient approach ( I'm going for the later myself ).
      I'm pretty sure the boss will be mindful as us fans are that we are susceptible to conceding goals  & the last thing we want is to concede an early goal or even worse ,so I do feel a similar approach to that of the first leg is warranted.
       That is why I think we will play in quite a similar way as we did in the away leg,we all seen the chances we created in that leg against there very well disciplined & organised defence & also bearing in mind our main focus in that first leg was to keep things tight & not go all gung Ho,it's only 1 goal & I personally don't want that number to rise by leaving ourselves open at the back,for me patience is key.
      Like i said earlier We will create chances against these but this time we really do need to be more clinical when those chances come along,they are Not a better side as Dortmund and that's the mentality we need to have on Thursday along with faith & belief because come the final whistle I want the lads and fans to be sorting there travel arrangements out for Switzerland.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #56: May 04, 2016 11:14:01 am
      Would rather see Randall upfront than Benteke.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #57: May 04, 2016 11:16:34 am
      Will be setting off for the back of beyond again soon and not back till Saturday. 

Once again I'll be missing the game and all the fantastic build up with fans lining the streets to meet the team bus.

We can and will do this, they'll sh*t their pants at Anfield just like Dortmund did and they're pretty sh*t on the road anyway, conceding 9 goals in their last 6 away games.

Come on you Reds  :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6: :clap:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #58: May 04, 2016 12:09:14 pm
      6 F***ing people voted for Villareal making it to the Final. What the actual F**k?

Have we got imposters in our Ranks?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #59: May 04, 2016 12:18:47 pm
      6 F***ing people voted for Villareal making it to the Final. What the actual F**k?

Have we got imposters in our Ranks?

No, gobs***e lurking mancs or blueshite most likely.

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #60: May 04, 2016 12:29:27 pm
      I really don't think we can play a patient game and gradually increase the tempo, the danger is them scoring in the meantime while we're busy trying to be patient.
      The only way we can play right now, with the players we've got, is constant pressure on their area and goal.
      We can't knock it around for fun or be solid enough to be hard to break down. I'll be realistic about that.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #61: May 04, 2016 12:33:01 pm
      Jürgen will have the lads fired up and focussed for this, I think we'll win 3-1.

As long as Villarreal don't get their goal until the 93rd minute!

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #62: May 04, 2016 12:38:12 pm
      Got the feeling Jürgen has something special in mind for tomorrows game. I think if we do get to the final it will be a great achievement with all the injuries and squad quality we have.

If we don't he will still have my support as we look forward to a summer of strengthening the team. Give him the tools and I think he will do the job very well indeed.

Villarreal are undefeated in their last 12 matches (UEFA Europa League)... 13th game tomorrow ;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #63: May 04, 2016 01:00:24 pm
      I think we're weaker without the players we've lost.

I agree mate. For us to get through this game it is going to take some doing... I don't see this game being as easy and straightforward as the Dortmund game was :)

WE WILL WIN

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #64: May 04, 2016 02:15:44 pm
      I think the key player for us is Bobby Firmino. If he plays like he did pre injury he's a fine player who can win the match for us on his own. If he plays like he has since he came back (and particularly like he did in Spain) then we are in trouble, you can't win matches like this by a two goal margin with 10 players. Fortunately he has looked before like he needs to get a few games into himself before he really finds form, so hopefully the other matches he's had recently were just warm ups and he's going to turn in an Arsenal at home performance.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #65: May 04, 2016 02:19:11 pm
      Anyhow... tomorrow night. I reckon Jürgen and the lads will see this lot off with ease.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #66: May 04, 2016 02:23:48 pm
      We created enough chances away from home to have won the game so not too concerned  about their two banks of 4 which they will deploy, I expect us to create more and better chances.

They wont have ever experienced a European evening atmosphere like at Anfield. Just need players to stay disciplined and not do a Moreno walkabout.

Jürgen Klopp: “My first thought as everyone around me was celebrating was: ‘Sorry, but it is not over, you have to come to Anfield too and we will be ready- wait unit we get them back home.””
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #67: May 04, 2016 02:31:35 pm

Jürgen Klopp: “My first thought as everyone around me was celebrating was: ‘Sorry, but it is not over, you have to come to Anfield too and we will be ready- wait unit we get them back home.””

You would think some posters would understand the above statement Klopp has said...

Can see us beasting this lot...
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #68: May 04, 2016 02:33:43 pm
      We created enough chances away from home to have won the game so not too concerned  about their two banks of 4 which they will deploy, I expect us to create more and better chances.

They wont have ever experienced a European evening atmosphere like at Anfield. Just need players to stay disciplined and not do a Moreno walkabout.

You almost made it through a whole post without having a dig at Berto..... that is good progress!!   :lmao:

Quick Reply