Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will the Reds get yet another European Trophy on Wednesday night?

Yes - easy win.
      (20.1%)
      Win but nail biting stuff till the final whistle?
      (71.9%)
      We'll win on a penalty shoot out.
      (4.3%)
      Sevilla win
      (3.6%)

The 2016 Europa League Final Liverpool v Sevilla in Basle 18/5/16 7.45 ko

Read 48789 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: The 2016 Europa League Final Liverpool v Sevilla in Basle 18/5/16 7.45 ko
      Reply #115: May 16, 2016 10:41:16 pm
      ;D, can't watch footy mate while stoned , I stare at the tv like you do a coal fire, totally monged, staying sober and sane is the best policy, still get angry tho, Helllppp !!!!!

Think we're off topic slightly mate. Pups will be onto us soon ?

YNWA

Clear headed is always best mate, get trollied after  :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #116: May 16, 2016 10:48:59 pm
      The 2001 UEFA Cup final is on LFC TV at around midnight for anybody with access whether you want to watch or record.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #117: May 16, 2016 10:53:18 pm

Divock Origi passed fit for final

Liverpool striker Divock Origi has been passed fit for the Europa League final against Sevilla.

The Belgium international is expected to be named among the substitutes on Wednesday night after coming through Monday’s training session unscathed.

Origi, who has been sidelined for the past four weeks with ankle ligament damage, has travelled to Switzerland as part of Jürgen Klopp’s 22-man squad.

The 21-year-old frontman has battled back ahead of schedule after being clattered by an X-rated challenge from Everton’s Ramiro Funes Mori last month.

Captain Jordan Henderson was also on the flight from John Lennon Airport having made his comeback in Sunday’s 1-1 draw with West Brom.

Henderson is also likely to be on the bench with James Milner continuing to wear the armband.

Klopp is expected to keep faith with the starting line up who faced Chelsea in the Premier League last week. The same XI also hammered Villarreal 3-0 at Anfield in the second leg of the semi-final.

That means Daniel Sturridge will lead the line with the attacking trio of Philippe Coutinho, Roberto Firmino and Adam Lallana behind him.

Danny Ward will be on the bench for the final after recovering from a knee injury. Academy keeper Shamal George has also travelled.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fcs-divock-origi-passed-11341725
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,988 posts | 5046 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #118: May 16, 2016 11:01:22 pm
      The 2001 UEFA Cup final is on LFC TV at around midnight for anybody with access whether you want to watch or record.

Nice one mate, babe station will have to wait  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

YNWA

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #119: May 16, 2016 11:01:36 pm

Liverpool striker Divock Origi has been passed fit for the Europa League final against Sevilla.

The Belgium international is expected to be named among the substitutes on Wednesday night after coming through Monday’s training session unscathed.

Origi, who has been sidelined for the past four weeks with ankle ligament damage, has travelled to Switzerland as part of Jürgen Klopp’s 22-man squad.

The 21-year-old frontman has battled back ahead of schedule after being clattered by an X-rated challenge from Everton’s Ramiro Funes Mori last month.

Captain Jordan Henderson was also on the flight from John Lennon Airport having made his comeback in Sunday’s 1-1 draw with West Brom.

Henderson is also likely to be on the bench with James Milner continuing to wear the armband.

Klopp is expected to keep faith with the starting line up who faced Chelsea in the Premier League last week. The same XI also hammered Villarreal 3-0 at Anfield in the second leg of the semi-final.

That means Daniel Sturridge will lead the line with the attacking trio of Philippe Coutinho, Roberto Firmino and Adam Lallana behind him.

Danny Ward will be on the bench for the final after recovering from a knee injury. Academy keeper Shamal George has also travelled.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fcs-divock-origi-passed-11341725

Good news. 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #120: May 16, 2016 11:04:33 pm
      Nice one mate, babe station will have to wait  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

YNWA

:lmao: dirty dog!

Great news about both Ward and Origi. It creates a great topic of discussion for who makes the bench.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,988 posts | 5046 
      Reply #121: May 16, 2016 11:06:32 pm

It's fantastic news Skip, ok he's on the bench but what a boost that is to the lads knowing he can come on and make a difference, also puts and end to Benteke's short career, I would doubt he'll ever wear our shirt again,

That news has just shortened our odds further Imo !

YNWA

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,988 posts | 5046 
      Reply #122: May 16, 2016 11:10:51 pm

Great news about both Ward and Origi. It creates a great topic of discussion for who makes the bench.

Don't you mean dirty doggin, aw that was collie-more wasn't it ?  ;D

YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #123: May 16, 2016 11:12:28 pm

True mate.  Ward, Hendo and Divock are 3, there's got to be a defender or 2 so will Ibe and Benteke make up the 7?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #124: May 16, 2016 11:42:49 pm
      I think there's a chance that Benteke could miss out. Does Klopp include both Skrtel and Lucas? If he does then does Allen miss out to accommodate Hendo? It's a nice problem to have I guess. The only thing I don't want to see is Allen miss out at the expense of Hendo. Unlike our beloved captain he's been a very useful player off the bench and has put in some great performances lately. Other than that, I'll be on board with whatever Klopp decides.

I don't see the need to have Skrtel & Lucas with Allen & Hendo on the bench. Too much overload in CM.

Unlucky Skrtel then.

Don't see Hendo or Allen dropping off and Lucas is a better CB than Skrtel. Plus all three midfielders add something different off the bench.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,535 posts | 3470 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #125: May 16, 2016 11:44:41 pm
      yes you're quite right, fractured kneecap...not sure he's a miss for them, has played a lot for sevilla but in terms of goals and assists he doesn't contribute much.

Reyes to take his place on the bench, I expect kono to start.

actually just had a quick look, isn't reyes also injured? wasn't in the squad for their last 3 games or at all v shakhtar.

knowing  that old tw*t Reyes he'll be fit and play instead of konplyanka which would be a bonus for us.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #126: May 16, 2016 11:49:10 pm
      True mate.  Ward, Hendo and Divock are 3, there's got to be a defender or 2 so will Ibe and Benteke make up the 7?

Is Smith registered? If he is I'd have him on the bench but if not then I suspect it'll be Randall. The certs for me so far are: Ward, Lucas, Ibe & Origi. There are multiple combinations that Klopp could go with. Does he include both Skrtel & Lucas? Allen & Hendo? Origi & Benteke? I saw a post of yours earlier suggesting both Skrtel and Lucas may not be both included as Lucas could provide cover at CB. I agree to an extent, I'd just worry about their strength in the air.

I'd probably go with: Ward, Smith/Randall, Skrtel, Lucas, Allen, Ibe & Origi. They all offer something different and it's well balanced. Another option would be to swap Skrtel for Benteke and add the extra option up top. Or we could see Ibe drop out and have Origi as the wide option on the bench. 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #127: May 16, 2016 11:50:32 pm
      Unlucky Skrtel then.

Don't see Hendo or Allen dropping off and Lucas is a better CB than Skrtel. Plus all three midfielders add something different off the bench.

You replied to that quick :D I just deleted and re-posted.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #128: May 17, 2016 12:46:15 am
      knowing  that old tw*t Reyes he'll be fit and play instead of konplyanka which would be a bonus for us.

I thought the same when I saw Inzaghi starting in the 07 final.... :(
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #129: May 17, 2016 12:52:10 am
      #1 - Liverpool win within 90 minutes. 3-1.
      #2 - Same team as Villareal/Chelski. Bench: Ward, Skrtel, Lucas, Henderson, Allen, Ibe, Origi. Milner to cover Clyne/Moreno.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8685 
      Reply #130: May 17, 2016 02:33:18 am
      Two banners I've already seen that will be in Basel are:

EVERTON ARE TRAGIC, SAKHO'S ON THE MAGIC NA NA NA NA

and

SAKHO STUNNED OLD TRAFFORD

LEFT DORTMUND IN HIS WAKE

BUT HE'S NOT HERE IN BASEL

COS HE'S OFF HIS F'KIN CAKE

:lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8685 
      Reply #131: May 17, 2016 02:39:54 am

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #132: May 17, 2016 03:28:08 am

and

Quality.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #133: May 17, 2016 05:14:21 am
      Hmm not fully sunk in the magnitude of the situation just yet.

I will be a nervous wreck tomorrow though.

Got the day off work approved already so ill be starting on the cans early Wednesday night!

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #134: May 17, 2016 05:33:10 am

and

;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #135: May 17, 2016 06:15:08 am
      Buzzin ! 
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #136: May 17, 2016 06:32:49 am
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #137: May 17, 2016 06:37:21 am
      I am buzzing and rumbling about this match for days allready,this is going to be a F***ing awesome match. Sevilla is almost like a host in this competition but if someone is going to end their reign it is going to be Jürgen Klopps mighty Liverpool!!!
      Come on you mighty Reds,beat them like they were newer beaten before!

Quick Reply