Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Kolo Toure
      80 (94.1%)
      Someone else
      5 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Voting closed: May 22, 2016 10:48:23 am

Liverpool 1-3 Sevilla: In game and post match debate

Read 50950 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Liverpool 1-3 Sevilla: In game and post match debate
      Reply #1127: May 19, 2016 12:21:52 pm
      Not sure you can get any lower than shark sh*t but that's how I'm feeling today, I am absolutely gutted, I'm absolutely gutted for Jürgen,
      I'm sorry but most of those players let him, the club and all those travelling supporter's down last night,
      First half was reasonable but not what was required, second half we were f***in Woeful, only Kolo Lovren and Studge looked anything like their capabilities,

Much has been said already in these pages as to how, why what happened, imo we simply didn't perform, the pace was too slow for a start, I expected us at least dictate play, zip the ball about and have Seville chasing, but we allowed them to dictate the pace and therefore were more comfortable, the game was played at la liga speed not epl,

Our key players were outshone especially Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino, also Can played as tho his mind was elsewhere,
      I hate saying this but I felt our players thought they just had to turn up, and after going one up thought they had won it already, akin to AC Milan in Istanbul,

Second half we were simply out played, had no answers and quite frankly capitulated,

Seville fair play to them, they done a job on us, Unai Emery got his tactics spot on, sometimes you just have hold your hands up and say well done,

On a positive note, Jürgen found out more about his players character than he would have had we won, he'll go away have a wee break and think more about what is needed for the new season,
      He wants winners with a winners attitude here, sadly that was missing last night,

This summer was going to be interesting, it will be even more so now.

Onwards and upwards!

YNWA
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1646 
      Reply #1128: May 19, 2016 12:21:56 pm
      We need a little c**t like Suarez in the team. A c**t we all love but a c**t nonetheless. Somebody who is going to get a hold of their bollocks and fight for everything.

Danny Ings is just a quarter of the player Luis Suarez is but I for one can't wait to see him in a red shirt next season. He is one player who will give it their all.

Even players like Dirk Kuyt. Lets be honest, he was quite sh*te wasn't he. But he had a winners mentality and always gave it everything, especially in big games. We don't have any players like that any more.

It's our biggest problem. No men in this team, it's a so so team with no bottle when it comes to crunch time.

To see that bellend Moreno, Coutinho and Firmino and Lallana strolling around last night was doing my nut, F***ing fight for it, they're always posting sh*t on social media about it but never back it up.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      Reply #1129: May 19, 2016 12:37:30 pm
      No Stevie
      No Carra
      No Pepe
      No Sami

No Guts
      No Leaders ...

No Chance.

NO SCOUSERS!

YNWA
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1130: May 19, 2016 12:45:00 pm
      Kolo was doing two jobs last night, his own and Moreno,s and no one in the midfield did there job in the second half, very disappointing end of the season
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #1131: May 19, 2016 12:53:07 pm
      Well that sucked. The place was pumping pre game, atmosphere amazing and then we served that sh*t out.

Even when we went ahead we never looked comfortable. They won every contest in the air or on the ground. Moreno was a disgrace and Emre was awful.

The poll nails it. Only Kolo looked good out there.

So disappointed in that. We didn't turn up for the biggest occassion of the season.

Apart from the result hope you had a blast mate and enjoyed the pre-match festivities ;)

I bet you're already saving for the next one!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1132: May 19, 2016 12:55:24 pm
      Well that sucked. The place was pumping pre game, atmosphere amazing and then we served that sh*t out.

Even when we went ahead we never looked comfortable. They won every contest in the air or on the ground. Moreno was a disgrace and Emre was awful.

The poll nails it. Only Kolo looked good out there.

So disappointed in that. We didn't turn up for the biggest occassion of the season.

Good to hear from you shame the game didn't pan out like the atmosphere before hand.

At least you savoured the best bit.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1133: May 19, 2016 12:57:47 pm
      for what its worth (nothing I guess)
      but international media in Italy, Germany , france are accusing the refereeand his assistants  of bad-controlling the game especially the penaties claimed

what is done is done now

its hard to say but lets move on
       klopp says we will bounce back and I believe  in him
      YNWA
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1134: May 19, 2016 01:08:06 pm
      for what its worth (nothing I guess)
      but international media in Italy, Germany , france are accusing the refereeand his assistants  of bad-controlling the game especially the penaties claimed

What's done is done, sure. But it should be called out. We were poor in the 2nd half - but maybe could've been almost out of sight at that stage had it not been for the blindness, or gutlessness, or ineptitude of the officials on the night.  BOLLOXX!!!!!!!
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #1135: May 19, 2016 01:10:07 pm
      I'm sure it has been uttered many a times this season, but yesterday what became very apparent was our lack of leadership once the tide had turned. In the past we have had strong characters in players like Carragher, Gerrard, Suarez and these are lads who wouldn't hesitate to give you an ear full if you were starting to switch off. We don't have that at present. None of our players are vocal enough. We have a leader off the pitch in Klopp, but it alarms me that we lack one on the pitch.

There needs to be more boldness, more courage as a unit and that is something I expect Klopp to address come the summer. Last night we were not outplayed by anyone other than ourselves. We lost our heads from kick off and Seville sensed our fear from there on. It was like watching a boxing match whereby one fighter gets tagged and enters survival mode. He forgets everything he has been taught, with the game plan instantly out of the window. He his mind becomes so consumed with fear that being able to follow any plan seems impossible. This is where you really need character, and these boys as a collective units are devoid of that. You can argue that we showed resilience against the likes of Villarreal and Dortmund, but who were our leaders then? 45'000 scousers encouraging us on at the top of their voices. We didn't have that luxury last night.

We will learn from this.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1136: May 19, 2016 01:13:26 pm
      Apart from the result hope you had a blast mate and enjoyed the pre-match festivities ;)

I bet you're already saving for the next one!

Minus the second half it was brilliant. Loved every minute :)

Can't wait for the next one, the saving starts now but I guess it'll have to be the FA Cup next season.

Good to hear from you shame the game didn't pan out like the atmosphere before hand.

At least you savoured the best bit.

Winning would've been the icing on top. Just such a sombre feeling at full time. Complete turnaround of pre-game.

Thanks lads :)

Our group had Diego, Fowler23 (Matt), some random guy who lives about 20 minutes from me back home and Matt's mate.

Only two of the group knew each other before yesterday but we spent all afternoon drinking and chatting as we walked to the game. We all said at some point only football and this club could do that to people.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #1137: May 19, 2016 01:16:33 pm
      Not sure you can get any lower than shark sh*t but that's how I'm feeling today, I am absolutely gutted, I'm absolutely gutted for Jürgen,
      I'm sorry but most of those players let him, the club and all those travelling supporter's down last night,
      First half was reasonable but not what was required, second half we were f***in Woeful, only Kolo Lovren and Studge looked anything like their capabilities,

Much has been said already in these pages as to how, why what happened, imo we simply didn't perform, the pace was too slow for a start, I expected us at least dictate play, zip the ball about and have Seville chasing, but we allowed them to dictate the pace and therefore were more comfortable, the game was played at la liga speed not epl,

Our key players were outshone especially Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino, also Can played as tho his mind was elsewhere,
      I hate saying this but I felt our players thought they just had to turn up, and after going one up thought they had won it already, akin to AC Milan in Istanbul,

Second half we were simply out played, had no answers and quite frankly capitulated,

Seville fair play to them, they done a job on us, Unai Emery got his tactics spot on, sometimes you just have hold your hands up and say well done,

On a positive note, Jürgen found out more about his players character than he would have had we won, he'll go away have a wee break and think more about what is needed for the new season,
      He wants winners with a winners attitude here, sadly that was missing last night,

This summer was going to be interesting, it will be even more so now.

Onwards and upwards!

YNWA

Totally agree with you positive note. If you were to take the good with the bad, then it is this. He identified a weakness, and that will only make us stronger going forward.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #1138: May 19, 2016 01:19:45 pm
      That was a sack of sh*t performance. OK in 1st half , no more than that, and then terrible in 2nd half. What happened????
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #1139: May 19, 2016 01:22:58 pm
      That was a sack of sh*t performance. OK in 1st half , no more than that, and then terrible in 2nd half. What happened????

nobody told Sevilla that it was supposed to be our night.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1140: May 19, 2016 01:39:03 pm
      What's done is done, sure. But it should be called out. We were poor in the 2nd half - but maybe could've been almost out of sight at that stage had it not been for the blindness, or gutlessness, or ineptitude of the officials on the night.  BOLLOXX!!!!!!!

I have said that same thing myself in an earlier, that we were very poor in the 2nd half, and asked what the f*ck happened in the dressing room to make them switch off like that
      I said ''what's done is done'' because  we cannot change the final result that the f*ckers with the  whistle and flags helped with their wrong decisions , against Liverpool
      YNWA
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #1141: May 19, 2016 01:40:34 pm
      SKY reporter currently desperately trying to get the police spokesmen to have a pop at Liverpool fans but fair play he said no arrest for violent conduct well done Reds.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1142: May 19, 2016 01:43:33 pm

It may be posted already but I do not want to go through the pain again.

I'm sad but we need to learn from that performance.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #1143: May 19, 2016 01:45:59 pm
      Someone sign a F***ing left back please and thank you

Edit: not that its all we need but im still pissed about yesterday
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1144: May 19, 2016 01:51:18 pm
      SKY reporter currently desperately trying to get the police spokesmen to have a pop at Liverpool fans but fair play he said no arrest for violent conduct well done Reds.

They're wankers the lot of them. Reminds me of that tw*t in the pre-game presser trying to aggravate Klopp by saying how he must be irritated by his final record.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1145: May 19, 2016 01:53:53 pm
      No Stevie
      No Carra
      No Pepe
      No Sami

No Guts
      No Leaders ...

No Chance.

And, sadly, it is as simple as that.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #1146: May 19, 2016 01:59:48 pm
      No Stevie
      No Carra
      No Pepe
      No Sami

No Guts
      No Leaders ...

No Chance.

And, sadly, it is as simple as that.

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!
      You're all wrong!

It's called the final match of the season curse. We had scousers last year and yet we lost.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      Reply #1147: May 19, 2016 02:15:13 pm
      Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!
      You're all wrong!

It's called the final match of the season curse. We had scousers last year and yet we lost.

We weren't playing last year we played last night, so tell who our leaders are, where our guts were and who have we in our ranks that can drag us through the hard times???

YNWA
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #1148: May 19, 2016 02:21:26 pm
      We weren't playing last year we played last night, so tell who our leaders are, where our guts were and who have we in our ranks that can drag us through the hard times???

YNWA

Ok maybe I wasn't clear. It's called our final match of the season curse. In reference to our this year's final match of the season and last year's final match of the season. Understand?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1149: May 19, 2016 02:51:17 pm
      I have said that same thing myself in an earlier, that we were very poor in the 2nd half, and asked what the f*ck happened in the dressing room to make them switch off like that
      I said ''what's done is done'' because  we cannot change the final result that the f*ckers with the  whistle and flags helped with their wrong decisions , against Liverpool
      YNWA

Hey, no, I agreed with you mate !   The 'bollox!!' was just frustration ... wasn't directed at what you wrote :)

Quick Reply