Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 207333 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #943: May 26, 2018 10:46:39 pm
      We support Liverpool for fucks sake. YNWA and all that - we win and lose together.

He cost us today yes and I agree with people saying he needs to be moved on but right now we need to stand with him. He had the balls to front up to our fans and apologise, the least we could do is give him a bit of support rather than wanting him to be haunted by his mistakes forever.

It's not a surprise when it comes from them two. Pretend that they're all happy and sound.. something goes wrong and their horrible venomous snidey side comes out

Karius has fu**ed up tonight, hard to see a way back truth be told.. as much as it hurts right now I am on the side of the ones who feel for him on a personal level.. he will be just as gutted as we are

Probably the last straw though and investment needed
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #944: May 26, 2018 11:01:45 pm
      Taught he playing well in premier league , but first goal was joke and third one first taught did someone pay him off let goals in that bad
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #945: May 26, 2018 11:03:19 pm
      When look at first goal he bit smile when let in he need be sold and buy top goalkeeper look at utd Chelsea and city all got top goalkeepers
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 456 
      Reply #946: May 26, 2018 11:06:00 pm
      Taught he playing well in premier league , but first goal was joke and third one first taught did someone pay him off let goals in that bad

I feel for him.  Really need another no.1 at least.   But my first instinct was did someone pay him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #947: May 26, 2018 11:18:02 pm
      May your mistakes tonight haunt you for the rest of your career if not life.

Just get out of our club and take Mignolet with you when you go.

Pathetic.

Even more so that I know you're a grown up and not a silly kid.

PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,756 posts | 863 
      Reply #948: May 26, 2018 11:26:33 pm
      Nothing personal against the lad. I wish him the very best wherever he ends up and thank him from the bottom of my heart for his services, but its enough really.

The two jokes of goals he conceded today have basically been a trademark of his time with us. You might as well be more talented than Neuer, but if every time you have the ball (even in your hands ffs) I am shaking because I'm fearing you do something stupid then its of absolute no use to have you in the team.

Without any exaggeration, I spent all season stressing every time the ball was passed back to Karius and any player of the other team was mildly pressing us. Its either the guy passes it to the opponent, tries something stupid or he passes it to the defender in the tightest space (first goals of the second leg against City)

Enough is enough. I know we don't have money for two goalkeepers, but this is the reality. We need two goalkeepers with one being a true no.1

Best of luck to Karius at Hoffenheim or Bayer Leverkusen or whatever, but not here at Liverpool and the Premier League where we can't afford to lose a plethora of points on some of the stupidest GK mistakes I've seen at this level.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #949: May 26, 2018 11:28:33 pm
      I feel for him but I just don’t know how his Liverpool career recovers from this
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #950: May 26, 2018 11:29:41 pm
      Heart goes out to him. He didnt sst out to make those mistakes and was visibily gutted.

Alas most fans fears were found out at the wrong time
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #951: May 26, 2018 11:42:07 pm
      Obviously he didn't do it on purpose but the reality is that he's very error prone and is not a particularly good keeper at the best of times.
      Enough is enough we have to finally get a good keeper again plus we have to get a decent 4th attacker, Lallana was dog sh*t when he came on, I know Solanke is fairly crap as well but at least he's a striker!
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #952: May 26, 2018 11:42:34 pm
      I know he be OK up champion league final but we what win premier league fa cup or champion league again we need better goalkeeper still think first goal look like pay off he bit smile that was nail in coffin for me needs be sold
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #953: May 26, 2018 11:44:05 pm
      And agree players like Adam lallana and ings need be sold too l love boss wish he more ruthless not players mate
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,216 posts | 840 
      Reply #954: May 26, 2018 11:47:46 pm
      He F*cked up and he knows he f*cked up.

He's human and If I was his teammate I would console him.

But he was never good enough, let's not kid ourselves.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #955: May 26, 2018 11:57:52 pm
      He F*cked up and he knows he f*cked up.

He's human and If I was his teammate I would console him.

But he was never good enough, let's not kid ourselves.

He wasnt ever good enough. Took a bit of stick for my criticism of the lad but it was never personal or anything like that. It was juat lots of times this season he's left me scratching my head with what he was trying to do with his distribution. Lots of times he's failed to deal with long range shots in a way that a goalkeeper should. I feared that this day would come in a game that really mattered.

Before anyone has a go at me I shed a tear tonight and it wasn't for myself it was for this lads obvious pain. It was awful to see.

I think the game was lost no matter how the goals went in when Salah went off, but when the dust settles surely Klopp will look at this position again.

Karius will not be sold next season IMO but he can't be a number one at a club of this stature.

I watched the Bayern V Dortmund final at Wembley 4 or 5 years ago and Weidenfeller cost him that final. This position really does matter and it really does need more than a 6 million quid lad from Mainz to sort it out properly.

2 mistakes, a moment of genius and a moment of dark arts from Ramos and before you know it what would have been the poorest team on the night for probably 3 years running lift the trophy.

We all have to learn the value of winning and the experience it gives you to keep on winning. This group of ours has still won nothing and will more than likely continue to do so until it has some serious depth and some serious nous and know how.
      « Last Edit: May 27, 2018 12:13:10 am by fields of anny rd »
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,216 posts | 840 
      Reply #956: May 27, 2018 12:06:06 am
      He wasnt ever good enough. Lots of times this season he's left me scratching  my head with what he was trying to do with his distribution. Lots of times he's failed to deal with long range shots in a way that a goalkeeper should.

Before anyone has a go at me I shed a tear tonight and it wasn't for myself it was for this lads obvious pain. It was awful to see.

But when the dust settles surely Klopp will look at his position again.

I watched the Bayern V Dortmund final at Wembley 4 or 5 years ago and Weidenfeller cost him that final. This position really does matter and it really does need more than a 6 million quid lad from Mainz to sort it out properly.

2 mistakes, a moment of genius and a moment of dark arts and what would have been the poorest team on the night for 3 years running lift the trophy.

and f*ck that c*nt Ramos
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #957: May 27, 2018 12:10:17 am
      Pathetic.

Tell you what, there are some losers out there tonight and its not in the starting IX or the manager.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #958: May 27, 2018 12:41:38 am
      Pathetic.

No mate . Its not.
      Two avoidable mistakes when we were up against it anyway.
      Two.

"Here you go . You're only Real Madrid.
      Obviously you need a chance".

What do we expect? We've still got an incomplete team.
      A goalkeeper in a CL final on the relatively low salary of £25,000  a week when Virgil earns £180,000 a week
      Thats reserve team money so the old saying goes is that if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

What is pathetic ?
      Defending him.

Net spending has come back to bite us. Time to pull the chequebook out and splash some serious cash.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,217 posts | 4412 
      Reply #959: May 27, 2018 12:41:46 am
      He knows he fu**ed up in a way I can't think any other keeper managed!

Jürgen has a few months to think if he is worth keeping .
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #960: May 27, 2018 12:44:58 am

A real horrible c**t but he was the difference again tonight. After seeing Mo off he tried to get Mane sent off. A shameless c**t of that there can be no doubt, but the refs fall for his daft sh*te every year, and he's a huge reason they win these finals. I watch them every year and he's cheated so many clubs out of the trophy.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #961: May 27, 2018 12:49:46 am
      He wasnt ever good enough. Took a bit of stick for my criticism of the lad but it was never personal or anything like that. It was juat lots of times this season he's left me scratching my head with what he was trying to do with his distribution. Lots of times he's failed to deal with long range shots in a way that a goalkeeper should. I feared that this day would come in a game that really mattered.

I think the game was lost no matter how the goals went in when Salah went off, but when the dust settles surely Klopp will look at this position again.

Karius will not be sold next season IMO but he can't be a number one at a club of this stature.

2 mistakes, a moment of genius and a moment of dark arts from Ramos and before you know it what would have been the poorest team on the night for probably 3 years running lift the trophy.

We all have to learn the value of winning and the experience it gives you to keep on winning. This group of ours has still won nothing and will more than likely continue to do so until it has some serious depth and some serious nous and know how.

Great Post and its true. That position really does matter.
      Managers usually build from the defence out but thats OK ... our front three are lethal.

Thought we had got a spine together ... and the nightmare called Mignolet was in the past ...but our frailties showed through on the biggest stage.

Courtois  and de Gea . Worth serious points to a team throughout the season
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #962: May 27, 2018 12:56:41 am
      On other note real marid team bit like come end lot old players hope get cu*ts real sgsin
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #963: May 27, 2018 12:57:46 am
      I put my house on that real marid won't make champion league final again lot old players come end
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #964: May 27, 2018 12:57:59 am
      You can accept many things and forgive many things when you can see total effort and concentration but Karius displayed total lack of professionalism tonight not once but twice any negative comment tonight is totally justified he just cost us the CL final nothing more needs to be said

Is right Walt.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #965: May 27, 2018 01:04:59 am
      A real horrible c**t but he was the difference again tonight. After seeing Mo off he tried to get Mane sent off.
      A shameless c**t of that there can be no doubt, but the refs fall for his daft sh*te every year, and he's a huge reason they win these finals.
      I watch them every year and he's cheated so many clubs out of the trophy.

Did you also see in the second half him going up for the ball with Virgil feigning that he had been hit in the eye.... as well as the blatant Mane one as you mention and we saw ?

Quick Reply