Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 202298 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #552: Aug 27, 2017 12:18:55 pm
      In many ways, Klopp's dropping of Mignolet puts more pressure on Karius. I can't really get my head around it but maybe Jürgen has decided to fix something before it becomes an issue, just rather it came against a less competent side!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #553: Aug 27, 2017 12:22:13 pm
      I do not agree with Karius playing today, Mignolet did not deserve to be dropped. I only agree if Simon has personal issues and his mind is not in place.

Karius, you still need to win us over. I will judge you on your contribution.

So Karius is very much in the same position as Migs in that he needs to win us over...albeit with 200 odd less games under his belt.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #554: Aug 27, 2017 12:32:27 pm
      So Karius is very much in the same position as Migs in that he needs to win us over...albeit with 200 odd less games under his belt.

That's the point I'm trying to make, he needs a good run of upto 20 games in a row to see if he can actually improve the team.

He's never going to show his worth faith 1 game in and 10 games out.

Both him or Ward need to be given the same trust shown in Mignolet.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #555: Aug 27, 2017 12:45:45 pm
      I agree that he needs to play to be able to be judged, exactly like Ward. In a few times, Loris has played, he never impressed me but he has his chance to do it.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #556: Aug 27, 2017 12:56:27 pm
      I agree that he needs to play to be able to be judged, exactly like Ward. In a few times, Loris has played, he never impressed me but he has his chance to do it.

I'm the opposite mate I've been more impressed with Karius. His overall game seems a lot better than Mignolet from what little I've seen of him.

Most notably his anticipation and distribution. He looks very comfortable sweeping behind the defence and stopped a few good through balls just by being quick off the line.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #557: Aug 27, 2017 01:41:02 pm
      I'm the opposite mate I've been more impressed with Karius. His overall game seems a lot better than Mignolet from what little I've seen of him.

Most notably his anticipation and distribution. He looks very comfortable sweeping behind the defence and stopped a few good through balls just by being quick off the line.

His one to one and shot stopping ?
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #558: Aug 27, 2017 02:39:24 pm
      Good. We all know Migs isn't the answer and this lad hasn't been given a real opportunity to show that he is.

Take the chance son!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #559: Aug 27, 2017 03:07:52 pm
      Wonder what the first question will be in the pre match interview? Trying to think hard here..

Any further info on Couthinho's back? ;D
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #560: Aug 27, 2017 06:07:21 pm
      Did F**k all and still got a clean sheet.  ;D :laugh:
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #561: Aug 27, 2017 06:54:19 pm
      Looked shaky every time he was closed down.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #562: Aug 27, 2017 06:57:52 pm
      Klopp has confirmed migs will be back in goal v citeh
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #563: Aug 27, 2017 07:09:17 pm
      i honestly feel like a 24 year old goal keeper is equivalent to a 17 year old outfield player. He just needs time / experience
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #564: Aug 27, 2017 07:37:32 pm
      I'm just taking it at face value mate.

Migs has been shakier this season than the end of last......time will tell.

Looks like you were right. Just dropped him for Karius. Strange one, to me anyway.

Apparently Mig will be back in for the City game. Maybe Jürgen thinks Mig will benefit from being kept on his toes this way? Didn't do him any harm last season right enough, but I'd be playing Karius in the cups if I wanted to give him some game time, not the league.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #565: Aug 28, 2017 11:35:21 pm
      Just saw the highlights, but Karius didn't come out of them well.
      Nothing to do, but only down to luck he didn't hand them a goal on one or two occassions (ball at feet).
      If he starts again, the next mistake won't be long coming.
      Migs must be looking at him and wondering what he'd need to do to get dropped...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #566: Aug 29, 2017 04:31:55 am
      Had they done their homework him ?

They were all over him when he was rolling the ball out ... nearly got caught out on two occasions.
      Kopite78
      Reply #567: Aug 29, 2017 07:54:04 am
      Granted he looked a little shaky with the ball at his feet but that may well come with time and being comfortable with who is available without looking too much.

I tell you one thing he did great though on 3 occasions... he came with a massive decisive punch on the ball from corners, came through the marking and cleared the box and that gave confidence to those in front of him.. for the first time in a long time we won commanding headers from corners and had a keeper who came through the crowd to clear the  box.

He raw but in the style we play he is more suited than Mignolet to a large extent.. He he is quicker off his line and comes off to take command of the situation. Mignolet is a better shot stopper at this time but style wise a 'Karius' suits a Klopp style more than a 'Mignolet'
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #568: Aug 29, 2017 08:40:05 am
      Granted he looked a little shaky with the ball at his feet but that may well come with time and being comfortable with who is available without looking too much.

I tell you one thing he did great though on 3 occasions... he came with a massive decisive punch on the ball from corners, came through the marking and cleared the box and that gave confidence to those in front of him.. for the first time in a long time we won commanding headers from corners and had a keeper who came through the crowd to clear the  box.

He raw but in the style we play he is more suited than Mignolet to a large extent.. He he is quicker off his line and comes off to take command of the situation. Mignolet is a better shot stopper at this time but style wise a 'Karius' suits a Klopp style more than a 'Mignolet'

All we were seeing when he was rushed was evidence of a lack of game time.......exactly why Jürgen played him.......

His distribution is decent and he'll hurry up fine with a bit of game time.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #569: Sep 08, 2017 10:10:46 am
      Talk of karius being in goal for the cl games, just decide who number one is and stick by it
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #570: Sep 08, 2017 11:27:58 am
      How is he supposed to do that if he can't have a look at each of them in competitive circumstances on a regular basis. I would also expect Ward to be our first choice for the domestic Cup games. Each gets a fair amount of game time this season, so each are happy and Klopp gets to view the performances of each to determine who is number one going forward. Hell, why even have a number one? If we traded up on goal keepers and had two top class ones, this would be a way of keeping both happy. It seems eminently sensible to me.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #571: Sep 08, 2017 11:51:43 am
      How is he supposed to do that if he can't have a look at each of them in competitive circumstances on a regular basis. I would also expect Ward to be our first choice for the domestic Cup games. Each gets a fair amount of game time this season, so each are happy and Klopp gets to view the performances of each to determine who is number one going forward. Hell, why even have a number one? If we traded up on goal keepers and had two top class ones, this would be a way of keeping both happy. It seems eminently sensible to me.
      Disagree; none of the other top clubs do this apart from in the minor competitions.  The keeper should be pretty much cast in stone for league and CL IMO.
      Kopite78
      Reply #572: Sep 08, 2017 12:07:46 pm
      Disagree; none of the other top clubs do this apart from in the minor competitions.  The keeper should be pretty much cast in stone for league and CL IMO.

Arsenal  ( top club? 🙄) have done it regularly for the last couple of years. Not saying I agree with it but they have.
      Played Cech in the league and Ospina in cups including CL

And I'm sure I have a memory of Atleti doing it in recent years
      « Last Edit: Sep 08, 2017 12:31:13 pm by Kopite78 »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #573: Sep 08, 2017 12:27:09 pm

It is a very European thing that is coming in here, perhaps i am too much of an old fuddy duddy.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #574: Sep 08, 2017 01:08:46 pm
      Keepers are less productive with no competition.

Quick Reply